Page 14 of 265 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast

Thread: Soccer Thread

Quote Originally Posted by The Benmeister View Post
    Also looking forward to the Copa Del Rey highlights later.
    I watched the full game on ESPN3.com. Great match, but potential spoilers so I'm not gonna say the score. However, lots of cards given.
    Hi, I'm part of the staff on Pokemon Showdown!, if you have any questions or need any help, VM or PM me.

Don't you think De Gea looks like Del Potro (tennis player)? xD

It's funny how Zamora is all over the news with people saying he's already signed for QPR, but it's not been officiated yet. He has 3 hours to stall this out and NOT sign for those QPR sods. God I nearly died when I saw the news Jol had agreed.
    lolwut my Pokemon Black game now works. so much ,yay,

PBR FC 1849-2587-9259
    Platinum FC 2450-1748-7938
    Black 4384 3870 2213
    http://www.youtube.com/user/dialgapalkiamew1
    Please do check out my Deviant Art account - http://rgbargy.deviantart.com/

I hath claimed Shunsui Kyouraku and Kaname Tousen. Mine, all mine.

I IZ MAD, BRAH

^ Hard luck mate. With some of the ridiculous prices of players these days Ł4 million is a pretty poor sale as well.

My High School Alma Mater's girls soccer team is going to state!

"What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

Simon Grayson sacked as leeds manager! Went to his last game in charge last night. Zigic was unplayable (unmarkable) xD

^ Shame really, I liked Grayson. Can't imagine this will ease tensions between Bates and the fans either.

Anyone looking forward to the Crawley-Stoke game?

TP is going to have to treat it as a huge game, as Crawley will be wanting the win so badly.

Then again, where have all our home ties gone? no home matches so far in the FA Cup for us.

But alas, I remember back on our 5-0 win over Bolton. Damn that felt gooood!

Now, I'll look forward to Sunderland, and hope we stop losing at home to the likes of frigging West Brom.

Oh yeah, watched the highlights of Ghana v Guinea. Jeebus those two goals were absolutely brilliant (Not as good as when Howson hammered the ball over the keeper from 35 yards out in Fifa 11 ;D)
    Last edited by AquaRegisteel; 3rd February 2012 at 8:59 PM.
    Yveltal, the Destruction Pokémon: "When its life comes to an end, it absorbs the life energy of every living thing and turns into a cocoon once more."

Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

As I'm sure 99% of people already know, Fabio Capello has resigned as England Manager. With Harry Redknapp making it clear he doesn't want the job, who do you think will be getting the job?
    Last.fm | Steam ID
    Nostalgia

Seeing as Harry Redknapp is one of the biggest media*****s in England and loves attention from the media, coaching their national team would give him even more spotlight. And has he really said that he doesn't want the job? As far as I know he's been pining for it for quite a while, the only thing that speaks against it right now is that Tottenham are in the middle of a season, but all in all I think Redknapp wants the job, the question is if he would take it on Spurs expense.

I still think it's wrong to take managers from other clubs during a season.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17025344

Interesting.

Can you imagine the midfield options Spurs would have were this to come off? Modric, Parker, Sandro, Livermore, Huddlestone, Lennon, Kranjcar, Bale, van der Vaart and Hazard. Incredible. This is ignoring the likes of Jenas, Bentley, Pienaar and dos Santos for various reasons. Personally, I think there is a possibilty of Jenas and Pienaar resurrecting their Tottenham careers.

If a deal could also be negotiated with City for Adebayor, Tottenham would be serious players in the 2013 title race.

Another midfielder..? Honestly I don't think Spurs need any more midfield options, it's getting ridiculous. We have quality players lying around, not even being played, and Redknapp is still chasing up players.
    Last.fm | Steam ID
    Nostalgia

Hazard to Spurs, I don't believe it. I'm not saying that it's impossible, but it would mean that either Bale or Modric would leave, because there's no way Spurs could afford to waste 35Ł on ONE player.
    Add to the fact that they need Strikers and Defenders, and a great goalkeeper before they should add to the midfield.

I remember posting rather frequently in the previous incarnation of the football thread here on sppf, so it was surprising to see I hadn't posted in this one yet. Gonna rectify that right now!

Anyone, if any of the old members are still around, they certainly remember that I'm a hardcore Milan fan. And I am extremely delighted at our win tonight. We were clearly just better than Arsenal and deserved this win.

Congrats to Milan on the win. They totally blew Arsenal away tonight

Arsenal losing 4-0 in what was, lets be honest, their best chance of silverware this season begins to question Arsene's job security even more. Kudos to AC Milan for their win.
    Last.fm | Steam ID
    Nostalgia

Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    I remember posting rather frequently in the previous incarnation of the football thread here on sppf, so it was surprising to see I hadn't posted in this one yet. Gonna rectify that right now!

Anyone, if any of the old members are still around, they certainly remember that I'm a hardcore Milan fan. And I am extremely delighted at our win tonight. We were clearly just better than Arsenal and deserved this win.
    Yeah, congratulations on the win but you'll witness the greatest of great comebacks when we win 5-0 in the return leg...I wish
    Quote Originally Posted by Rezzo View Post
    Arsenal losing 4-0 in what was, lets be honest, their best chance of silverware this season begins to question Arsene's job security even more. Kudos to AC Milan for their win.
    Let's be honest, no it wasn't
    Never try and argue with idiots, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Well you said it not me

Remember kids Arsene Wenger's not gonna get the sack. Ever.
    Last.fm | Steam ID
    Nostalgia

The point was the Champions League was never our best chance of silverware since the start of the season. It was always going to be in this order, Carling Cup, FA Cup, Premier League and then Champions League.

The only one that we can realistically win is the FA Cup and even that depends on some lucky draws.
    Never try and argue with idiots, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Yeah, the FA Cup is Arsenal's biggest chance of winning something. Sure there are some good teams left in the cup, but in Champions League you have Real, Barcelona and Bayern Munich for example, not exactly easy.

Arsenal really have to do something during the summer, but honestly I feel with Wenger. He obviously has tied hands from the board, and I don't think Arsenal has the amount of cash to buy players for, that Wenger wants us to think. In the past he had no problems with buying players, so I don't think it changed just all of a sudden. They wanted Benzema and Mata during the summer, were close on Mata, but when they couldn't get up the cash, he went to Chelsea instead.

It's also very noticeable how much they miss Wilshere. I like Ramsey myself, but if you look at Ramsey, Arteta and Rosicky, neither of them are looking into really moving forward with the ball, it's often passing sideways.

Quote Originally Posted by J-Myc View Post
    Yeah, congratulations on the win but you'll witness the greatest of great comebacks when we win 5-0 in the return leg...I wish
    Actually considering our history that is not THAT unlikely... I still remember the Deportivo la Coruna comeback from a 4-1 a couple of years ago.

I'm predicting 1-1 in the Man U game, 2-1 to City and 3-1 to Valencia.

Hmm, ajax did pretty well against ManU considering the team they had to use.
    Would've been nice if the shot from de Jong went in.

Quote Originally Posted by pimm94 View Post
    Hmm, ajax did pretty well against ManU considering the team they had to use.
    Would've been nice if the shot from de Jong went in.
    I gave Ajax more credit than they deserve, apparently. Thought Valencia would tear Stoke to shreds, but alas it didn't happen.

As for Porto, Hulk is an absolute powerhouse. I half expected him to tear his shirt off and start destroying helicopters

Page 14 of 265 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast