Page 21 of 265 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171121 ... LastLast

Thread: Soccer Thread

Well, Nesta did a fine, sublime job defending against Barcelona in the quarter finals, but the fact of the matter is, Thiago Silva is better than Alessandro Nesta right now, not 10000 years ago!

Thiago Silva still has improvement to do before he can be considered a legend at AC Milan like Nesta, and THAT's the fact of the matter. You could argue that Javier Mascherano is a better defender than Carles Puyol, but Masherano is not a Barcelona legend as yet, if he'd ever be considered one, while Puyol is.

In a few year's time Masherano WILL be a Barcelona legend, while Puyol will continuously become older and weaker, but Masherano is the guy that won't lapse and that won't let a defender and ball pass him, it's either you pass him or the ball passes him, both of them are not passing him, and he delivers some nice kicks to attackers too, I consider Masherano a better defender than Puyol already.

I was supporting FC Barcelona since Puyol was 20 years old, that man is a boss.

That man WAS a boss, I mean, he still defends amazingly and I can't imagine Barca when Puyol retires, but these few days, Masherano has proven himself to be even more a defensive '' giant '' than Puyol is/ever was.

You ever saw Carles Puyol play when he was younger? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGvjaRNlky4

Compare that to Masherano's defending now.

Well, he defended just like Masherano is doing now, difference is, Masherano will just keep getting better and better, but Masherano is a midfielder at heart, he won't be a defender for long, even if Abidal doesn't come back, we are getting a new Left Back, bet ya a million Barca'll sign a new Left Back in the summer.

You mad, Puyol is the Catalan Guardian, that man is an awesome defender. Masherano actually captained Argentina once, I think? Even if Abidal returns, we may sign a new Left Back even self, but you know, a new Left Back may just pop out from La Masia or from our B team.

Yeah, Mascherano was the captain in 2009 when Diego Maradona become the Argentine coach. Well, Barca does have a policy to rely on our youth systems, which Lionel Messi, Carles Puyol, Andres Iniesta, Francesc Fabregas, Xavi and many others have come from, we don't spend a lot of money on outside players, but still, I have a feeling we'll sign a new Left Back.

Yeah, Mascherano is my favourite midfielder from Argentina, he doesn't play defense for Argentina, but that could change soon, with Sabella seeing his skill as a defender and opting to adopt that role for him. Yeah, our youth systems are great! Gareth Bale, anyone?

Mascherano boy, Mascherano!!!! Yeah, I could see Sabella dumping Rodriguez and Mascherano to adopt Rodriguez's defensive roles. I read that Barca had an interest in signing Bale, and he's a natural, 22 year old but still skilled left back too.

Rodriguez is shit. Plus, Abidal's getting old too, so Bale would be a nice replacement. I am going to buy a Spain jersey with Fabregas on it XD I'm going now, I have to go meet my friends near the Camp Nou where I spectated the match on Tuesday XD Adéu, pot veure-ho, fan de Barca Company!

Wow, you get to visit the Camp! You speak Catalan too!? WOW! Fabregas is an awesome player, I have a Barca shirt with his name on it.

Stop slaging off the premier league, its better then La liga ;3
    Credit to Pika Pal Lyra

La Liga teams know how to win and lose with dignity

Rumours of Guardiola's departure seem to be true. I ask what madman would ever want to leave Barcelona? More importantly where will he end up next? Chelsea perhaps?

If Wenger is ever to leave Arsenal (hopefully no time soon) I definitely would have Guardiola in an instant, one of the few standout candidates I can think of as a replacement.

The press makes it sound like Guardiola wants to leave, but he'll stay. Stupid people speculating about something you don't even know about...

Hope he does stay, most of the time great managers are forged through lasting legacies (a.k.a. Ferguson).

Guardiola's not leaving Barca now, end of conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Celebi_ View Post
    La Liga teams know how to win and lose with dignity
    So does the Premier league but Chealsea HAD to defend against Barca.
    Credit to Pika Pal Lyra

Coz they KNEW they couldn't beat us. Chelsea are losers, Bayern will win the CL.

That was the whole point of defending. -_-
    Credit to Pika Pal Lyra

It's better to attack, attack and attack rather than chuck 100 men ( gay! ) in one little penalty box!

:S

Every team has a different playstyle. Just look at man united(Boo) or Liverpool FC (YAY!!!)

Anyway im so exited that im goinh to Wembley for the FA cup. Hopefully liverpool win.
    Credit to Pika Pal Lyra

I'm going to go to the Rayo VS Barca match Sunday

Page 21 of 265 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171121 ... LastLast