Page 87 of 266 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197137187 ... LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,175 of 6643

Thread: Soccer Thread

Quote Originally Posted by The Benmeister View Post
    The Croatia national team couldn't get licensed for FIFA 13 either. But don't worry, we have India as a replacement!

So many national teams missing still, where is Japan, Ghana, Serbia and so on? I'd even take Honduras over India anyday!
    I believe in the 2010 edition the Netherlands was missing aswell just tf. But I think it is because they have to pay to be able to put those teams in the game.
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

How does this Fantasy Premier League thing work??? I made a team and named it and everything so how do you play matches and so on?

I'm sorry but I was upset, but I actually liked the fact that BATE won because I like the underdogs, I don't like the big teams like say Barcelona who are only good cause of the TV deals and their youth (One good thing, their excellent, excellent brilliant youth setup which all teams should abide by, that's makes them the lesser of two evils. One bad thing, the TV deals essentially bankrupt the little teams whilst helping Beauty (Barcelona) and the Beast (Real Madrid, who are worse in every way but I don't see a Real Madrid fan here so nyah.) I just like it when David beats Goliath. (Chelsea doesn't count because they're funded by a Russian dude and their captain's a racist piece of trash.) Still in other news, on Saturday WE WON! Yay. (Walsall btw, Walsall a little team, not Chelsea or Barcelona or AC Milan or PSG or Corinthians or Guangzhou Evergrande or Al Ahly or Enyimba or TP Mazembe, none of those big steamrollering teams but a little team who apart from this season always seems to lose 90% of their games but stay up, but we did Preston who seemed to lose 100% of their games last season but stayed up.)

In short:
    Walsall won.
    Walsall won.
    Barcelona are Beauty and Real Madrid are the Beast.
    wah wah wah wah wah ***** ***** moan. (That seems to me my entire contribution to this thread.)

Also I don't like PES, they're the worst footballing franchise out of the 3 (FIFA, PES and my personal favourite FM) and thanks to them, I can't sign Junichi Inamoto on my FM game. I mean why should I buy PES just so I can have Inamoto on one of my footballing teams?
    As to what once, it now is. For this my retirement tour, let us commence, forevermore, forevermore.

My Starting IX on the Fantasy League is

Reina
    Luiz Vertonghen Kompany Baines

Dembele Toure Dyer Michu

Dzeko Podolski

Quote Originally Posted by ~Nicole~ View Post
    My Starting IX on the Fantasy League is

Reina
    Luiz Vertonghen Kompany Baines

Dembele Toure Dyer Michu

Dzeko Podolski
    Luiz, really? You're brave. :P

Reina
    Liverpool vs West Brom carling cup tomorrow
    Credit to Pika Pal Lyra

Nemanja Vidic is set to be out for a further eight weeks after undergoing knee surgery. I really like him but he misses more games than he plays in. He's turning into another Owen Hargreaves. It's time we sold him and bought another good, more consistent defender.

EDIT: Man City 2-4 Aston Villa in the League Cup! I have just one thing to say:

Last edited by Ninjames; 25th September 2012 at 11:31 PM.

The Copa del Rey hasn't started as yet for us in Spain, but in La Liga we ( Barcelona ) have 15/15 points, 5 games, 5 wins, so the Liga is already in our hands, the El Clasico next two weeks could see us extend our lead even further too. As for the Champions League we beat, however unconvincingly, Spartak Moscow 3-2 to bag 3 points, one of our best starts to a season in recent memory!

^Well what do you expect when you're in a league of 2. (I mean you've got a bunch of teams which are great at Europe but in La Liga there's only 2 teams who'll win the league, ain't there, Beauty (Barcelona) and the beast (Madrid)
    As to what once, it now is. For this my retirement tour, let us commence, forevermore, forevermore.

So you're basically saying that Valencia, Atletico Madrid and Sevilla are all rubbish then?

Quote Originally Posted by ~Nicole~ View Post
    So you're basically saying that Valencia, Atletico Madrid and Sevilla are all rubbish then?
    No, he said that there are other good teams in La Liga, teams that do ok in Europe but only Barcelona and Real Madrid will ever win the league. There have only ever been nine different winners of La Liga and I can't see that changing.

Falcao can make Atl. Madrid title challengers.

I can see Armando's point about La Liga being very one-sided. Real and Barcelona are the only teams that challenge for the league title. Teams like Valencia and Atletico Madrid are good, yeah, but they aren't on the same page as the Catalan giants or Los Blancos. That's why the Barclays Premier League is the best football league in the world - because it's closer and more balanced than the others. Talent is spread across 20 teams rather than a few.

The BPL is the self-proclaimed best league in the world, everyone has their own opinions on the best league in the world, some say Serie A, some say BPL, some say La Liga, some say the Liga Portuguesea, and I personally think La Liga is the best team in the world.

La Liga boasts the best team (perhaps both best teams) in the world but that doesn't automatically make La Liga itself the best in the world.

THE best team in the world, Barcelona. La Liga is the best league in the world because of how successful Spanish football has been in the last 4 years.

From what I hear the Bundesliga is debatably the best league in the world purely due to how it's run. And it's a much closer league than the BPL.

I think the Premier League is the best league in the world, and then the Spanish. Because in the Spanish League it's always Madrid VS Barca every year now, the other teams know they have no chance. The Premier League have Arsenal, Man U, Man City, Chelsea, Tottenham, Liverpool and some others that are pretty much at the same level (maybe both manchesters are a bit better but still)

Hoping Arsenal see off Coventry without too many problems tonight, also would be nice if Newcastle and Carlisle could do over the Mancs and the Spuds respectively.

Off topic, I've started a new career on Football Manager at Annan Athletic, now I'll see just how much of a state Scottish football is really in...

EDIT: Ooh, also, Arsenal Ladies take on Barcelona Women tonight! Given that Arsenal are supposedly the 'superior' team in the women's game, will be interesting to see the results. I think this is Barcelona's Women's Champions League debut.

EDIT 2: To chime in on this whole 'best league' thing, it's all relative. But, the way I see it:

In terms of being well run and stable, Bundesliga is the best. (My personal favourite criteria)
    In terms of having the overall better quality of teams, La Liga.
    And in terms of having the most excitement, Premier League.

Considering football is for entertainment (final day of last season, for example) I can see how the Premier League is supposedly 'the best league in the world', though the arrogance with which the English claim such things makes be a bit sick.
    Last edited by The Benmeister; 26th September 2012 at 7:25 PM.

Hope we don't lose to Newcastle, I'll never live it down if we do. I never used to mind Newcastle but I've never met a Newcastle fan that I got along with. All the ones I've met have been so anti-United that it's unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by The Benmeister View Post
    Hoping Arsenal see off Coventry without too many problems tonight, also would be nice if Newcastle and Carlisle could do over the Mancs and the Spuds respectively.

Off topic, I've started a new career on Football Manager at Annan Athletic, now I'll see just how much of a state Scottish football is really in...

EDIT: Ooh, also, Arsenal Ladies take on Barcelona Women tonight! Given that Arsenal are supposedly the 'superior' team in the women's game, will be interesting to see the results. I think this is Barcelona's Women's Champions League debut.

EDIT 2: To chime in on this whole 'best league' thing, it's all relative. But, the way I see it:

In terms of being well run and stable, Bundesliga is the best. (My personal favourite criteria)
    In terms of having the overall better quality of teams, La Liga.
    And in terms of having the most excitement, Premier League.

Considering football is for entertainment (final day of last season, for example) I can see how the Premier League is supposedly 'the best league in the world', though the arrogance with which the English claim such things makes be a bit sick.
    Gotta love FM. In my game I started with Fleetwood and managed to get the to the Premier League in 6 seasons, during that time I went four seasons without a transfer budget.

I do not know what team to start my first CM with in FIFA 13, so I'd like it if you guys can vote on one of these teams in my list, thanks in advance!

Barcelona
    SL Benfica
    Manchester United
    Manchester City
    Arsenal
    Tottenham Hotspur
    Chelsea
    Liverpool
    AC Milan
    Inter Milan
    Juventus
    Roma
    Bayern Munich
    Schalke

Please vote! Thank you! PLEASE PM ME WITH YOUR VOTE AND DON'T CLOG UP THE THREAD WITH THIS, THANK YOU FOR PARTICIPATING, AND VOTING WILL END ON SUNDAY 30TH SEPTEMBER. ALL VOTES AFTER THAT WILL NOT BE COUNTED. Thanks!~
    Last edited by ~Nicole~; 27th September 2012 at 2:48 AM.

Yaaay, beat the Magpies 2-1.

Im gonna use Liverpool first then a crap team like Real Betis
    Credit to Pika Pal Lyra

People who send gloating messages to you after beating you on FIFA should be banned from playing online.

Page 87 of 266 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197137187 ... LastLast