Page 90 of 265 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100140190 ... LastLast
Results 2,226 to 2,250 of 6621

Thread: Soccer Thread

I said sorry! I didn't know what the NextGen series was!

Anyway, talking about FIFA 13, I just started my first serious CM with Barcelona last night!

My CM is with Arsenal
    Credit to Pika Pal Lyra

Into November with Barcelona and I have 21 points from...either 8 or 9 games, can't remember, and I'm second a point adrift. In the UCL in my group I have a maximum 12 points out of 12. Lookin' good!!! I also bought Sergio Ramos for $28.5 back in August! I see that Wolfsburg and Schalke have their managerial positions opened up too, but I'm not moving from the helm of Barcelona at least 'till the second season.

I'm half way into my third season as manager of Man Utd. As expected, I've won every trophy available. Managing Germany on the side too.
    My best buy was Deniz Ayicek who cost me Ł10m + Witsel. Money well spent because he's amazing

I haven't got an International Management offer as yet, but England, Spain, Germany, Italy, Argentina, Brazil, Ireland and Belgium are all teams I want to manage

I have a great Clasico record too- 3 wins out of 3!

SuperCup 1st Leg- R.Madrid 1-2 Barcelona

Supercup 2nd leg- Barcelona 2-1 R.Madrid

La Liga- Barcelona 2-1 R.Madrid

How long does a FIFA career mode last for?

Not sure myself.

Today is the CLASICO!!! Ohhh boy this is exciting...

Quote Originally Posted by The Benmeister View Post
    How long does a FIFA career mode last for?
    It used to be 15 seasons, but my source is FIFA 07, so don't take my word for it.
    Last.fm | Steam ID
    Nostalgia

In addition to my Barcelona CM, I have a CM with a player too! My player started of at Manchester United and right away I sent in a loan request which was accepted by Ferguson, and I got loaned to MK Dons. In my first match, a friendly, I scored one and got MOM in a 1-1 draw, and then I was excluded from the team sheet for the second match, a 1-0 win for Dons. So far so good!

El Clasico was AWESOME !! Madrid were very lucky at the end, I can't believe Montoya & Pedro missed those chances to score

What an awesome, GODLY goal from LIONEL MESSI!!! 2-2, and I'll take that point, even though we should have won, having dominated then in the second half, and Montoya and Pedro's chances, but, a draw is better than a loss!

My FIFA 13 CM is with AS Monaco in Ligue 2. I'm over halfway through the first season, clear at the top of the table by about 5 points. I'm aiming to get them promoted and then win Ligue 1 but that might be asking a bit much.

I also got offered the Northern Ireland managerial position. I beat Rep. of Ireland 3-0 then fell to Sweden 1-0. My next CM match is with Northern Ireland actually. I'm playing Portugal then France.

So next Sunday on TV in England we've got the greatest match of the entire football calender this year playing. My team Walsall V Shrewsbury Town, this'll be a real footy match.
    As to what once, it now is. For this my retirement tour, let us commence, forevermore, forevermore.

Quote Originally Posted by Armando Payne View Post
    So next Sunday on TV in England we've got the greatest match of the entire football calender this year playing. My team Walsall V Shrewsbury Town, this'll be a real footy match.
    I've been counting down the days.

26 games into La Liga and I'm top of the league with 65 points with Barca, with an El Clasico coming up next!

ALSO, INTERESTING NEWS, I GOT THE NETHERLANDS JOB!!!! I'm really happy!

Just adding onto the discussion over how long a FIFA 13 CM lasts for, in FIFA 10 it was 15 seasons long as well. Maybe '13 is the same?

Maybe this time it's unlimited? Cause if it's still 15 seasons then that'll only be like 3 World Cups?

I doubt it's unlimited, if it went on forever then the file size would end up being huge. Besides, eventually all the real players would end up retiring and EA could never program thousands and thousands of made-up players in to replace them. And no manager lives forever, it would be unrealistic to have it go on indefinitely. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjames View Post
    Just adding onto the discussion over how long a FIFA 13 CM lasts for, in FIFA 10 it was 15 seasons long as well. Maybe '13 is the same?
    It should be, as the game gets incredibly ****ed up 10 seasons in. You have players with really weird stats going around between clubs. A highlight of my career mode had a LB join our club that had 99 in everything bar stamina and strength, which were like 40 or something stupidly low like that. Quite funny
    Last.fm | Steam ID
    Nostalgia

Quote Originally Posted by Rezzo View Post
    It should be, as the game gets incredibly ****ed up 10 seasons in. You have players with really weird stats going around between clubs. A highlight of my career mode had a LB join our club that had 99 in everything bar stamina and strength, which were like 40 or something stupidly low like that. Quite funny
    Haha what game was that on? I never noticed anything out of the ordinary on FIFA 10 which is weird since I changed to a different club every year. You'd think I would have encountered a weirdly overpowered player but I guess I got lucky (or maybe unlucky- that LB does sound like a right player, wouldn't have minded having him :P).

I'm going to quit my current CM only when Leo Messi retires, until then I've got an amazing CM file with no bugs as yet goin' on here!

I bought FIFA 12 last year. Played it only like 5 times, that's it. So knowing that i will not buy FIFA 13 but decided to buy Resident Evil 6 instead. Oh and since this thread is about soccer, i feel like i should mention my favourite team is PSV Eindhoven from the Netherlands.
    My future team for Omega Ruby: Sceptile, (event shiny) Metagross, Torkoal, Altaria, Walrein, Groudon

Proven fact: Stardust Road and Teresa Waltz from the Super Mario Galaxy CD are good lullabies. Thanks to Savanny Killersaurus for demonstrating.

Friend Code: 2552-0309-3757
    Pokémon in my safari: Ponyta, Fletchinder, Charmeleon
    Pokémon I am looking for: none atm

Quote Originally Posted by ???2 View Post
    I bought FIFA 12 last year. Played it only like 5 times, that's it. So knowing that i will not buy FIFA 13 but decided to buy Resident Evil 6 instead. Oh and since this thread is about soccer, i feel like i should mention my favourite team is PSV Eindhoven from the Netherlands.
    You mustn't judge the FIFA franchise on FIFA 12 because that game was a disappointment to many (me included). FIFA 13 is a lot better, trust me. You should download the free demo and give it a go. :P

Decided to screw my Aresenal CM and start Liverpool
    Credit to Pika Pal Lyra

Quote Originally Posted by ???2 View Post
    You bought RE6 instead...oh dear!

Page 90 of 265 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100140190 ... LastLast