Page 91 of 265 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101141191 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,275 of 6614

Thread: Soccer Thread

  1. #2251
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    the Netherlands
    Posts
    3,088

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ???2 View Post
    I bought FIFA 12 last year. Played it only like 5 times, that's it. So knowing that i will not buy FIFA 13 but decided to buy Resident Evil 6 instead. Oh and since this thread is about soccer, i feel like i should mention my favourite team is PSV Eindhoven from the Netherlands.
    Nice I kinda support them aswell, mainly because the club I would support over them is playing in the Jupiler league .
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

  2. #2252
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    the Netherlands
    Posts
    395

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 7 tyranitars View Post
    Nice I kinda support them aswell, mainly because the club I would support over them is playing in the Jupiler league .
    Heck, i visit every match they play in their own stadium. This is my third season already, hopefully they'll take the title this year. It's about time...

    Quote Originally Posted by The Benmeister View Post
    You bought RE6 instead...oh dear!
    I finished the first campaign yesterday. I enjoyed it a lot so up until now, i have no regrets about skipping FIFA13 and buying RE6.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ninjames View Post
    You mustn't judge the FIFA franchise on FIFA 12 because that game was a disappointment to many (me included). FIFA 13 is a lot better, trust me. You should download the free demo and give it a go. :P
    Nah, i know myself well enough. I have bought FIFA09 and FIFA10 as well. They suffered the same fate as FIFA12, so i'll just stick to visiting PSV Eindhoven.
    My future team for Omega Ruby: Sceptile, (event shiny) Metagross, Torkoal, Altaria, Walrein, Groudon

    Proven fact: Stardust Road and Teresa Waltz from the Super Mario Galaxy CD are good lullabies. Thanks to Savanny Killersaurus for demonstrating.

    Friend Code: 2552-0309-3757
    Pokémon in my safari: Ponyta, Fletchinder, Charmeleon
    Pokémon I am looking for: none atm



  3. #2253
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    England, United Kingdom
    Posts
    389

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ???2 View Post
    Nah, i know myself well enough. I have bought FIFA09 and FIFA10 as well. They suffered the same fate as FIFA12, so i'll just stick to visiting PSV Eindhoven.
    Ah right, at least you've tried a few out then.

  4. #2254
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    the Netherlands
    Posts
    3,088

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ???2 View Post
    Heck, i visit every match they play in their own stadium. This is my third season already, hopefully they'll take the title this year. It's about time...
    I don't live close to Eindhoven I live in the north of the netherlands. So I've never been there. :P
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

  5. #2255
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    594

    Default

    ^ Talking about Netherlands, the one team which I used to like was Heerenveen when they had Alfonso Alves? (I think that's his name, the Brazillian who would score 40 goals every campaign it seemed.) Still, PSV should win the title considering they were once giants, so to speak.
    As to what once, it now is. For this my retirement tour, let us commence, forevermore, forevermore.

  6. #2256
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    the Netherlands
    Posts
    3,088

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Armando Payne View Post
    ^ Talking about Netherlands, the one team which I used to like was Heerenveen when they had Alfonso Alves? (I think that's his name, the Brazillian who would score 40 goals every campaign it seemed.) Still, PSV should win the title considering they were once giants, so to speak.
    Lol I absolutly hate the bolded club. They are our archrivals.
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

  7. #2257
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    the Netherlands
    Posts
    395

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 7 tyranitars View Post
    Lol I absolutly hate the bolded club. They are our archrivals.
    Then you should be pleased they aren’t doing well at the moment. Not surprising though, they sold their best 3 players last season. Including Luciano Narsingh who went to PSV. I wonder how well Assaidi will do at Liverpool. From Heerenveen to Liverpool, that’s a pretty big step.

    Quote Originally Posted by Armando Payne View Post
    ^ Talking about Netherlands, the one team which I used to like was Heerenveen when they had Alfonso Alves? (I think that's his name, the Brazillian who would score 40 goals every campaign it seemed.) Still, PSV should win the title considering they were once giants, so to speak.
    Yeah they should huh? They have screwed it up the past four seasons. AZ, Twente, Ajax and Ajax again. With the return of Mark van Bommel, they simply MUST grab the title this year! Alfonso Alves was his name indeed btw, i believe he scored somewhere between 32 and 35 goals that season.
    My future team for Omega Ruby: Sceptile, (event shiny) Metagross, Torkoal, Altaria, Walrein, Groudon

    Proven fact: Stardust Road and Teresa Waltz from the Super Mario Galaxy CD are good lullabies. Thanks to Savanny Killersaurus for demonstrating.

    Friend Code: 2552-0309-3757
    Pokémon in my safari: Ponyta, Fletchinder, Charmeleon
    Pokémon I am looking for: none atm



  8. #2258
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    England, United Kingdom
    Posts
    389

    Default

    Fun fact: The odds of the Loch Ness Monster appearing this year are shorter than the odds of San Marino beating England tonight apparently.

  9. #2259
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    594

    Default

    ^ I didn't like the fact we won. I wanted us to lose to San Marino, still we didn't draw first blood until after a half a hour and it wasn't complete annihilation, just England failing to score and San Marino passing the ball to England all the bloomin' time it seemed. Basically if you haven't seen the match, I'll condense it into 3 words, England, Corner, Goal. That was the entire match.
    As to what once, it now is. For this my retirement tour, let us commence, forevermore, forevermore.

  10. #2260
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    The United States of Kingdom
    Posts
    5,456

    Default

    San Marino have only not tasted defeat in four international games in their twenty two year FIFA membership. Now you know.

    A win is a win for England, the bigger result was Moldova 0-0 Ukraine, what a favour! Hopefully we put in a good showing in Poland.

  11. #2261
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    In Unova!
    Posts
    561

    Default

    For a while now I've been getting a really strange feeling about Real Madrid...I actually like Real Madrid. So I've been pondering where my passion will be from now on, Barcelona or Real Madrid. What does everyone think about this stupid, stink situation I find myself in? I love Barca...but I can't shake off this feeling...

  12. #2262
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    United Kingdom & Ireland
    Posts
    1,608

  13. #2263
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    1,170

    Default

    England actually did what was expected...they do not have the creativity of Holland or Spain but rather did what they could do against 11 men sitting behind the ball. Only Rooney and Chamberlain seemed to really be trying to actually do something and make something happen (not to put down everyone else) but England really need to work on putting better crosses into the box, sure you're crossing into a box which is swarming with blue shirts but how do you expect to score when crosses can barely beat the first man.

    I'm gobsmacked that Welbeck got Man of the Match as his goals weren't anything special and a semi decent goalkeeper would have stopped both of them which is why I can only assume the reason he got it as he seemed to just break down attacks by staggering when he didn't need to, getting in someone's way or just excercising poor judgement when he had the ball. Rooney should have gotten Man of the Match instead.

    Fifa 12 right now is a lot better than Fifa 13 (though I'll reserve final judgement on the game when it is patched during the end season). I felt way more in control of what I wanted to do in regards to things like passing, holding onto the ball and dribbling in 12 while 13 has mechanics such as first touch which I still don't like but I suppose I can try to live with it. The animations seem to take longer to execute which adds to my frustrations about not being in control as lot of the times I'm busy waiting for my player to hurry up and wind up for that shot or it takes them too long to regain balance when jostling with the opposition so it doesn't really feel like I'm truly controlling the game.

    It's a shame Heerenveen pretty much sold all of their better players as they were my club in Fifa 12 and with Assaidi, Dost and Narsingh as my attacking trio I truly felt unstoppable especially when I had van La Parra waiting on the bench as well. Though I won't really be using Heerenveen as my team anymore, I doubt they would suit the new mechanics of the game especially as pace does not seem to have a real effect in this game. Oh well, I'm currently happy with my new team Al-Hilal.
    Never try and argue with idiots, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience


  14. #2264
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    In Unova!
    Posts
    561

    Default

    I'm thinking right now about my football future...shall I become a general footy fan without a team, remain a Barcelona fan or become a Real Madrid fan?

  15. #2265
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    United Kingdom & Ireland
    Posts
    1,608

    Default

    If you actually think that switching from being a Barca fan to becoming a Real fan is intelligent, you should just stop supporting teams, well, at least seriously. Fun fact: I was once a Leeds Utd supporter

  16. #2266
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    In Unova!
    Posts
    561

    Default

    What team do you support now then? I don't think that switching is intelligent, and I don't want to do it, I love Barcelona and I've supported Barca since I was 4! Now I'm 12. I just recently been having this really odd feeling about Madrid, but no matter how much I shake it off it just keeps coming back Can anyone help????? This is really something I shouldn't even be thinking about...

  17. #2267
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    United Kingdom & Ireland
    Posts
    1,608

    Default

    I support Tottenham Hotspur. I also used to support Man United.

    Though, I've always supported Celtic. It's just a shame that the SPL is such a yawn to watch nowadays.

    And to help with your query Nicole, don't worry about it? You shouldn't switch the team you support just because you have a 'funny feeling'. Football doesn't work like that. And I assume you leave near Barcelona? Supporting your local team is always important, I like to think. Don't support a team just because they win a lot. That's not any sport works, let alone football.

  18. #2268
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    In Unova!
    Posts
    561

    Default

    I'm from Barcelona, but when I was 8 my parents left to come to Trinidad, where I live now ( that's how I can speak English ). I don't support Barca because we win a lot, I love Barca and my heart will always be red and blue, plus Barcelona is where I'm from and every one in my family supports Barca. I think I even visited the Camp Nou a few times when I was a baby, can't remember. Oh and by the way, Real Madrid don't win a lot, and Barcelona are by far superior to them! Thanks for kinda getting me out of that crappy feeling Rezzo! To think I almost committed the greatest sin a Cule could ever commit...

  19. #2269
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    England, United Kingdom
    Posts
    389

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rezzo View Post
    I also used to support Man United.
    You say that like it's a bad thing.

  20. #2270
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    In Unova!
    Posts
    561

    Default

    ^ It is a bad thing because he's a Tottenham fan.

  21. #2271
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    United Kingdom & Ireland
    Posts
    1,608

    Default

    Well, because I was a Leeds United fan. That makes it worse since they're fierce rivals

    Not only that but United fans are horribly infamous for being casual football fans. I'm not a casual football fan by any stretch of the imagination.

  22. #2272
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    The United States of Kingdom
    Posts
    5,456

    Default

    You don't decide who you become a fan of. Otherwise you're not a real fan.

  23. #2273
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    the Netherlands
    Posts
    395

    Default

    I know i am, and always will be, a true fan of PSV Eindhoven.
    My future team for Omega Ruby: Sceptile, (event shiny) Metagross, Torkoal, Altaria, Walrein, Groudon

    Proven fact: Stardust Road and Teresa Waltz from the Super Mario Galaxy CD are good lullabies. Thanks to Savanny Killersaurus for demonstrating.

    Friend Code: 2552-0309-3757
    Pokémon in my safari: Ponyta, Fletchinder, Charmeleon
    Pokémon I am looking for: none atm



  24. #2274
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    the Netherlands
    Posts
    3,088

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by J-Myc View Post
    England actually did what was expected...they do not have the creativity of Holland or Spain but rather did what they could do against 11 men sitting behind the ball. Only Rooney and Chamberlain seemed to really be trying to actually do something and make something happen (not to put down everyone else) but England really need to work on putting better crosses into the box, sure you're crossing into a box which is swarming with blue shirts but how do you expect to score when crosses can barely beat the first man.

    I'm gobsmacked that Welbeck got Man of the Match as his goals weren't anything special and a semi decent goalkeeper would have stopped both of them which is why I can only assume the reason he got it as he seemed to just break down attacks by staggering when he didn't need to, getting in someone's way or just excercising poor judgement when he had the ball. Rooney should have gotten Man of the Match instead.

    Fifa 12 right now is a lot better than Fifa 13 (though I'll reserve final judgement on the game when it is patched during the end season). I felt way more in control of what I wanted to do in regards to things like passing, holding onto the ball and dribbling in 12 while 13 has mechanics such as first touch which I still don't like but I suppose I can try to live with it. The animations seem to take longer to execute which adds to my frustrations about not being in control as lot of the times I'm busy waiting for my player to hurry up and wind up for that shot or it takes them too long to regain balance when jostling with the opposition so it doesn't really feel like I'm truly controlling the game.

    It's a shame Heerenveen pretty much sold all of their better players as they were my club in Fifa 12 and with Assaidi, Dost and Narsingh as my attacking trio I truly felt unstoppable especially when I had van La Parra waiting on the bench as well. Though I won't really be using Heerenveen as my team anymore, I doubt they would suit the new mechanics of the game especially as pace does not seem to have a real effect in this game. Oh well, I'm currently happy with my new team Al-Hilal.
    *Tries to ignore using "holland" instead of the netherlands and the mentioning of the disgusting Heerenveen*
    '
    The Netherlands easily took care of Andora with a gloryfied all-star Eredivisie team. The real challenge is tuesday. Romania seems to be in a winning mood so I hope we can stop that. But sadly we are still missing Robben and Sneijder.
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

  25. #2275
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    I'm on a boat mother... what?
    Posts
    5,221

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ~Nicole~ View Post
    For a while now I've been getting a really strange feeling about Real Madrid...I actually like Real Madrid. So I've been pondering where my passion will be from now on, Barcelona or Real Madrid. What does everyone think about this stupid, stink situation I find myself in? I love Barca...but I can't shake off this feeling...
    Nicole, I constantly see you write comments supporting Barcelona. Even if you think you support Madrid, I'm sure you'll still have Barca in your heart XD
    Anyways, I have supported Benfica (Portugal) ever since I was a baby. I had some off and on moments where I didn't really enjoy soccer so I didn't really care but now I support it with all my heart, and get literally pissed if someone insults them :P I live in Germany but every time Benfica plays and it's on TV I watch it, and many times on the internet as well.

Page 91 of 265 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101141191 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •