Page 101 of 265 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,525 of 6615

Thread: Soccer Thread

^Yeah but they're Celtic, they're Scottish, Scottish teams aren't good in football.
    As to what once, it now is. For this my retirement tour, let us commence, forevermore, forevermore.

Quote Originally Posted by Armando Payne View Post
    ^Yeah but they're Celtic, they're Scottish, Scottish teams aren't good in football.
    I'd understand if you said something like Aberdeen, or whatizmawhat. Celtic and G.Rangers are good teams, althought you know what happened to one of them.

Number of Genwunners = 100
    Number of people accused of being a Genwunner = 100 000 000 000 000 000
    Number of people complaning about Genwunners = 100 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000

^Yeah but say if Middlesborough beat Manchester United, that'll be a shock and that's what basically happened.
    As to what once, it now is. For this my retirement tour, let us commence, forevermore, forevermore.

^Yeah but say if Middlesborough beat Manchester United, that'll be a shock and that's what basically happened.
    Ohh come on, Celtic is not that far from Barcelona. I'd say Tottenham to Manchester.

Number of people complaning about Genwunners = 100 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000

^OK, maybe you're right, they're more of a Nottingham Forest.

^OK, maybe you're right, they're more of a Nottingham Forest.

Come on mannn, there is more to it than getting all the good players with money and using them to win everything. Celtic has spirit, hard-core fans, its own will...etc By he way, I am not Scottish nor I ever been there, I am judging without bias.

Barcelona are a vastly superior side. Barcelona were expected to win. I hoped that Celtic would win but I didn't think they would.

I hoped Barca would score first, just to make the match more interesting to watch. Though I feel happy for Celtic they won.

By the way, for the Dutch guys, I'm Dutch too and my favorite club is Vitesse with a close second being PSV, thus so far I'm enjoying the season
        Spoiler:- DD stuff:

In other news, Walsall played football again, and they screwed up, again. Basically if the day ends in day, then Walsall will lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilda View Post
    I'd understand if you said something like Aberdeen, or whatizmawhat. Celtic and G.Rangers are good teams, althought you know what happened to one of them.
    hah
    hahahahahahaahahahaha
    hahahah.

That would make them "once good".
    Last.fm | Steam IDNostalgia

That's like saying because Nordsjalland ( sp? ) are in the UCL it's not embarrassing for Chelsea or something to lose to them

Pescara 1-6 Juventus! Who said Inter beating Juve 3-1 would have had a bad effect on dah Old Ladeh? Lol

I chose Nottingham Forest cause they both won the European Cup then haven't really done anything else.

Man, we just cannot beat Fulham in recent years. Then again recently we can't seem to be able to beat anyone! Arsenal can only get better, what better time to do it then next week against the Spuds?

Though it was a good day for my stepdad's old employers Watford, thrashing Leeds 6-1, so that perked me up a bit.

Due to my recent annoying insomnia I've actually been staying up to watch the Major League Soccer playoffs, and it's provided some surprisingly entertaining fare, especially the New York vs. D.C. ties. D.C. won 2-1 over two legs but that doesn't tell the whole story, the first game featured two own goals (including one where the D.C. keeper dragged the ball over the goal line, whoops) and a missed penalty from D.C., in addition to a hilarious red card where a D.C. player threw the ball at the ref(!?). In the second game it was New York's turn to miss a penalty, which had to be retaken, one more red card for each team and a late winner for D.C.. Quality wise it's not the best fare you'll ever see but it sure can be entertaining.

I was also pleasantly surprised at the amount of famous Premier League players that ply their trade now in MLS. Robbie Keane bangs in goes for fun at LA. I was also unaware Tim Cahill was now at New York, though he didn't really do much when I watched him. Shame to see the legend that is Theirry Henry not at his best for New York either.

Quote Originally Posted by Rezzo View Post
    hah
    hahahahahahaahahahaha
    hahahah.

That would make them "once good".
    That's why I said ''althought you know what happened to one of them''

Sunderland were unlucky not to get a point at Everton.

It's come to the point where I'm genuinely surprised when Arsenal win.
    Never try and argue with idiots, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Spurs are currently holding a lead away at Manchester City. Knowing the citizens they'll probably come back in the dying minutes, like they've done in almost every game so far this season.

I spoke too soon eh
    Last edited by Rezzo; 11th November 2012 at 2:56 PM.
    Last.fm | Steam IDNostalgia

Finally, after all these weeks.. PSV has managed to grab first position in the Dutch Eredivisie. They won 5-1 against Heerenveen (thank me later ''7 tyranitars'' ), Vitesse and Twente played 0-0 so it has been a good weekend for my team.

Also, congrats to Celtic. A bit late i admit but still, an impressive accomplishment.
    Last edited by Buuz; 11th November 2012 at 7:24 PM.
    My future team for Omega Ruby: Sceptile, (event shiny) Metagross, Torkoal, Altaria, Walrein, Groudon

Proven fact: Stardust Road and Teresa Waltz from the Super Mario Galaxy CD are good lullabies. Thanks to Savanny Killersaurus for demonstrating.

Friend Code: 2552-0309-3757
    Pokémon in my safari: Ponyta, Fletchinder, Charmeleon
    Pokémon I am looking for: none atm

^I've noticed that Dutch teams seem to score more goals then other teams, there's always at least one team scoring 4 every week.

Yeah, even the lower ranked teams. There was a 4-1, 2-4, 5-2, and our 5-1 this weekend so yes, a lot of goals. I didn't know this before but my team managed to score 42 goals until now. And we're only at 1/3 of the competition. Our only weakness are our defenders... They're among the weakest defenders in our league. At least that's what every says. And to be honest, even as a PSV-fan, i have to agree. .____.
    My future team for Omega Ruby: Sceptile, (event shiny) Metagross, Torkoal, Altaria, Walrein, Groudon

Proven fact: Stardust Road and Teresa Waltz from the Super Mario Galaxy CD are good lullabies. Thanks to Savanny Killersaurus for demonstrating.

Quote Originally Posted by ???2 View Post
    Yeah, even the lower ranked teams. There was a 4-1, 2-4, 5-2, and our 5-1 this weekend so yes, a lot of goals. I didn't know this before but my team managed to score 42 goals until now. And we're only at 1/3 of the competition. Our only weakness are our defenders... They're among the weakest defenders in our league. At least that's what every says. And to be honest, even as a PSV-fan, i have to agree. .____.
    If there are so many big results in the Dutch league then it can't be just PSV's defence that's lacking. :P

Quote Originally Posted by ???2 View Post
    Finally, after all these weeks.. PSV has managed to grab first position in the Dutch Eredivisie. They won 5-1 against Heerenveen (thank me later ''7 tyranitars'' ), Vitesse and Twente played 0-0 so it has been a good weekend for my team.

Also, congrats to Celtic. A bit late i admit but still, an impressive accomplishment.
    Yeahhhhh!! Good to see PSV leading aswell.

PSV's defence isn't the weakest of the competition but it certainly isn't great either. I personaly thinkFeyenoord has one of the better defences in the league with martens indi, mathijsen, janmaat and de vrij.
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

Quote Originally Posted by 7 tyranitars View Post
    Yeahhhhh!! Good to see PSV leading aswell.

PSV's defence isn't the weakest of the competition but it certainly isn't great either. I personaly thinkFeyenoord has one of the better defences in the league with martens indi, mathijsen, janmaat and de vrij.
    Especially Martins Indi and De Vrij, those two are among the best defenders in our league. Maybe Douglas of FC Twente and the goalkeeper of FC Utrecht but Ninjames is right, there are many lacking defenders in our competition. Most of the time it's just hoping your attacking players have a good day, so you don't have to rely on your bad defences.

Well if you look at the numbers, PSV's defense isn't that bad. They're in third place of 'least goals against', after twente and vitesse with only 10 goals against them. PSV's defense sometimes looks very weak, but they don't get many goals against them. Talking about defenders, I think Kashia of Vitesse is a really strong, reliable defender. And for the others, I agree with ???2, especially on Douglas and de Vrij. Though it's also the culture in the Netherlands, where many teams focus more on offence than defence. Examples are Heracles, VVV and Roda JC.
        Spoiler:- DD stuff:

Quote Originally Posted by treeckotrainer View Post
    Well if you look at the numbers, PSV's defense isn't that bad. They're in third place of 'least goals against', after twente and vitesse with only 10 goals against them. PSV's defense sometimes looks very weak, but they don't get many goals against them. Talking about defenders, I think Kashia of Vitesse is a really strong, reliable defender. And for the others, I agree with ???2, especially on Douglas and de Vrij. Though it's also the culture in the Netherlands, where many teams focus more on offence than defence. Examples are Heracles, VVV and Roda JC.
    I KNEW i forgot someone, Guram Kashia is a good defender indeed. And yes our culture prefers to focus more on attacking and defending, which is why teams can score so many goals in our competition. Sure the skill level isn't as high as in England or Spain, but the excitement and fun is at least as high as in those two competitions. It keeps getting harder to predict the winner.

Page 101 of 265 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201 ... LastLast