Page 113 of 266 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117123163213 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,825 of 6645

Thread: Soccer Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjames View Post
    But to be fair he did also say that tougher punishments must be brought in to tackle racism from fans.
    Yeah, by deducting points from the clubs and giving them big fines to pay.
    As if that will shut up those racists. Much as with hooligans, most hardly care about the club they say to support.
    They only care about their "fun"

Punishing clubs is 1 thing, but it's not the solution to end the problem. And the FIFA (and UEFA) does seem to ignore that.

Quote Originally Posted by The Benmeister View Post
    Buh, think we should have seen out the game with Swansea earlier, but a draw at the Liberty is no bad thing. Here's hoping for a replay win, we couldn't lose at home to Swansea twice in one season...could we?
    Sure you can :P

Quote Originally Posted by treeckotrainer View Post
    And tonight Messi has won the FIFA player of the year award for the fourth time in a row. Do you guys agree or do you think another player should've won? Maybe van Persie or falcao? Or another player?
    I think he is the best footballer in the world, BUT this year the award should probably have gone elsewhere - Ronaldo IMO. Might have been Cristiano's only chance for one this season if Messi keeps on at the pace he is at currently...
    3DS FC 2165-6429-4026 Spheal, Bergmite, Lapras

Shiny crew:

Can't wait to transfer you all up!

I've resigned myself to the fact that Messi will probably continue to win the Ballon d'Or for a long time to come yet.

Also I don't know how Casillas continues to cling on to that Best Goalkeeper In The World tag.

Went to Leyton Orient 1-0 Yeovil earlier. Was rather dull up until midway through the second half, culminating in a red card for Orient, who then proceeded to score anyway. Good I guess since I was in the Orient end but I kinda wanted it to go to penalties, because I've never witnessed a penalty shoot-out. One thing I will say though, the Yeovil fans are absolutely bonkers and loud, they did not stop singing the whole game up until the Orient goal, which was right at the end, and their dedication meant I kinda felt bad for them having travelled to London on a Tuesday night only to lose. Them's the breaks I'm afraid!

In other news, WHAT THE HELL Bradford beat Aston Villa 3-1? I thought the possibility of a sneaky win was always there, but 3-1 is nuts. Can't wait for the second leg.

Yeah Bradford to the Europa League baby, we're gonna have a 4th tier side in Europe boo yah. And as a Brummie, I couldn't be more delighted.
    As to what once, it now is. For this my retirement tour, let us commence, forevermore, forevermore.

Quote Originally Posted by treeckotrainer View Post
    And tonight Messi has won the FIFA player of the year award for the fourth time in a row. Do you guys agree or do you think another player should've won? Maybe van Persie or falcao? Or another player?
    I suppose it's okay. Winning the prize four times in a row is pretty good, but he should've turned it down so someone else could get a chance at winning it. Though it would probably be just another player from Barca or Real. Falcao and Van Persie were both incredible the last few months/last year, so they deserve almost just as much as Messi.
    "You need stomping. And I'm a Stomptologist."

"Trust me, any problem comes up, I'll stomp it into next week! I'll Bowserize it!"

"Count Bleck, Floro Sapiens, whatever... Stomping fools is my business! Show me a fool, and I'll stomp it! I don't even need a reason!"

The Mexican Football league or Liga MX is ranked as the 20th best in the world, not bad. Is anyone else surprised that The EPL was ranked as 5th best?

Edit: Mexico has the best league in the Concacaf. Gosh, I hate the Concacaf, Mexico and the US will never grow as a a result of being stuck in what is the laughing stock soccer region known as the Concacaf. While I like The Mexico-US rivalry, I'm getting tired of a Mexico-US final.
    Last edited by Zorocario; 10th January 2013 at 6:59 AM.

How isn't Michu in the Fifpro World XI? I mean Messi's good, but he's got a bunch of great team-mates alongside him, whereas Michu hasn't got world class people alongside him but he's still doing brilliantly.
    As to what once, it now is. For this my retirement tour, let us commence, forevermore, forevermore.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorocario View Post
    Is anyone else surprised that The EPL was ranked as 5th best?
    Only 5th?

wat

As a huge fan of UEFA champion league and Premier league, my biggest problem is that I have to wake at 3AM to watch a game orz

★ goldensteambun

looking for TRU or Movie11 Shaymin on Gen 5 game, please PM me for offer

Quote Originally Posted by Armando Payne View Post
    How isn't Michu in the Fifpro World XI? I mean Messi's good, but he's got a bunch of great team-mates alongside him, whereas Michu hasn't got world class people alongside him but he's still doing brilliantly.
    There's too much talent for him to make it but if there was a second team, then he'll get my vote for sure. Dude has been scoring at a very good rate. He's on top form right now.

Oh look...Michu scores again...I wonder when this guy will stop this good run of form he's on
    Never try and argue with idiots, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Quote Originally Posted by Zorocario View Post
    The Mexican Football league or Liga MX is ranked as the 20th best in the world, not bad. Is anyone else surprised that The EPL was ranked as 5th best?

Edit: Mexico has the best league in the Concacaf. Gosh, I hate the Concacaf, Mexico and the US will never grow as a a result of being stuck in what is the laughing stock soccer region known as the Concacaf. While I like The Mexico-US rivalry, I'm getting tired of a Mexico-US final.
    Yea, I know that Concacaf is very bad, as a Mexican, I really prefer that Mexico play with the CONMEBOL region (South America soccer region), It's more tougher and its a competitive group. If Mexico was in that region, we wouldn't have much World Cup appearences since we have 14 today. I also getting tired of every final of the Gold Cup is Mexico and U.S. Well the good thing(for me) is that Mexico had won last 2 Gold Cup, the 2011 U-17 World Cup, and in the Olympics London 2012.
    Lucario: Master of Aura...... and Chocolate!

FC(Pokemon Y): 4313-1362-5177

Quote Originally Posted by Lucario95 View Post
    Yea, I know that Concacaf is very bad, as a Mexican, I really prefer that Mexico play with the CONMEBOL region (South America soccer region), It's more tougher and its a competitive group. If Mexico was in that region, we wouldn't have much World Cup appearences since we have 14 today. I also getting tired of every final of the Gold Cup is Mexico and U.S. Well the good thing(for me) is that Mexico had won last 2 Gold Cup, the 2011 U-17 World Cup, and in the Olympics London 2012.
    Meh atleast Mexico is almost certain of a world cup spot. In Europe a couple of good countries usualy don't make it.
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

Quote Originally Posted by 7 tyranitars View Post
    Meh atleast Mexico is almost certain of a world cup spot. In Europe a couple of good countries usualy don't make it.
    *Looks at Belgium*

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjames View Post
    *Looks at Belgium*
    Will be pretty shocking if they don't qualify for 2014 WC. I wouldn't fancy our (England's) chances against them :P
    3DS FC 2165-6429-4026 Spheal, Bergmite, Lapras

Shiny crew:

Can't wait to transfer you all up!

Yeah I still don't think Mexico deserved the Olympics, but then again I only saw one of their matches and it was because I was there to see GB play Uruguay, the passing between Mexico and Switzerland was absolutely atrocious, but I'm on a tangent.

Yeah I still don't think Mexico deserved the Olympics, but then again I only saw one of their matches and it was because I was there to see GB play Uruguay, the passing between Mexico and Switzerland was absolutely atrocious, but I'm on a tangent.
    Mexico played way better in the knockout stage if you haven't noticed, and its not their fault that Brazil played so bad, same as GB. Give a good reason of why you think Mexico doesn't deserve it?

I like Mexico, I'm glad they won the Olympic gold.

Winning Olympic gold in the first place is no mean feat due to the limited number of teams that can qualify. So take nothing away from Mexico.

On another note, PL predictions:

QPR 1-1 Tottenham
    Aston Villa 1-0 Southampton
    Everton 2-0 Swansea
    Fulham 2-0 Wigan
    Norwich 2-2 Newcastle
    Reading 2-3 West Brom
    Stoke 1-0 Chelsea
    Sunderland 2-1 West Ham
    Man Utd 3-0 Liverpool
    Arsenal 1-1 Man City

Incidentally I went to Stamford Bridge on Wednesday, and their pies were AWFUL. Never get them! The Brisbane Road pies were much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucario95 View Post
    Mexico played way better in the knockout stage if you haven't noticed, and its not their fault that Brazil played so bad, same as GB. Give a good reason of why you think Mexico doesn't deserve it?
    Because their passing was atrocious?

Because their passing was atrocious?
    LOL, very funny... At least they take advantage on their opportunities to make goals, and showed good football having more possession of the ball.

Wilfried Zaha's (quickly deleted) tweet hints at the club he's moving to this month:

"Looks like i'm on my way to the top of the premier league"

Make of that what you will.

Maybe he's trolling the English fans and he's actually moving to the top of the Russian Premier League, lol.
    "You need stomping. And I'm a Stomptologist."

"Trust me, any problem comes up, I'll stomp it into next week! I'll Bowserize it!"

"Count Bleck, Floro Sapiens, whatever... Stomping fools is my business! Show me a fool, and I'll stomp it! I don't even need a reason!"

Walsall won 3-1 because they're the best damn team in the English league.

Page 113 of 266 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117123163213 ... LastLast