Page 114 of 265 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124164214 ... LastLast
Results 2,826 to 2,850 of 6617

Thread: Soccer Thread

  1. #2826
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    On the next flight up
    Posts
    1,187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ninjames View Post
    Wilfried Zaha's (quickly deleted) tweet hints at the club he's moving to this month:

    "Looks like i'm on my way to the top of the premier league"

    Make of that what you will.
    Sounds like he's confirming rumours that he'll sign for Man Utd but Ian Holloway says that whatever club he signs for HAVE to loan him back to Crystal Palace for the rest of the season.

    Arsenal lost today 2-0 to Man City. We were screwed when frickin' Koscielny got sent off early and the rest was history. United vs Liverpool game was more exiting but I hate the sight when RvP scores for them

  2. #2827
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Singapore now lol
    Posts
    222

    Default

    ^ I like Robin Van Persie >v>;;

    But anyhow I thought that match between Liverpool and MU was quite exciting. Arsenal's lost however, was such a pity >A> I hope they will make it up against Chelsea in the match next week. It was worth it staying up tonight, in conclusion.

    ★ goldensteambun

    looking for TRU or Movie11 Shaymin on Gen 5 game, please PM me for offer

  3. #2828
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    1,170

    Default

    Arsenal were screwed the moment they decide to enter the start of the season without an adequate replacement for van Persie and were screwed even further when they decided that they'll leave it until last minute (again) to make any signings...that's if they do.
    Never try and argue with idiots, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience


  4. #2829
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    On the next flight up
    Posts
    1,187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by J-Myc View Post
    Arsenal were screwed the moment they decide to enter the start of the season without an adequate replacement for van Persie and were screwed even further when they decided that they'll leave it until last minute (again) to make any signings...that's if they do.
    I'm against Wenger's transfer policy. He takes too damn long to do anything. We need a top class striker, centre back and a left back as cover for Gibbs. Maybe a midfielder too.

  5. #2830
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    1,170

    Default

    And then watch how at the end of January they'll wind up with some 15 year old Ugandan/Chilean/Macedonian who may or may not potentially be good in the future only to be sold to Barcelona when they are at their peak.
    Never try and argue with idiots, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience


  6. #2831
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    On the next flight up
    Posts
    1,187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by J-Myc View Post
    And then watch how at the end of January they'll wind up with some 15 year old Ugandan/Chilean/Macedonian who may or may not potentially be good in the future only to be sold to Barcelona when they are at their peak.
    LMAO. That is the life of Arsene Wenger right there! Lord knows we don't go down that road again. At least the British core of players we have now know a thing or two about loyalty unlike snakes like Nasri.

  7. #2832
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    England with Mudkips
    Posts
    130

    Default

    Decided I'd keep a low profile on here after the horrendous defeat to Bradford!!! Either way, I can't believe that the linesman who told the City players to go and acknowledge the fans has been relieved of duties because of what he said. What the hell?


    My shiny pokemon: as well as shiny Snivy I got from some randomer japanese guy over the GTS
    Y Friend Code 2793-1497-1708
    Friend Safari: Poison, Gloom, Muk and Garbodor!


    Play Ocarina Of Time. Get to Ganon. Replace Ganon with Emboar and tell me he doesn't fit right in? The truth is out, Ganon has escaped, and is now in the form of a Pokemon!!!

        Spoiler:- Credits:

  8. #2833
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    594

    Default

    ^I take it you're a Villa fan? Don't worry it wasn't horrendous, horrendous is costing West Brom a chance at the big time by losing 8-0 and 4-0 to their biggest challengers and this is coming from a Saddler. Hell, least you'll be playing Birmingham next season.
    As to what once, it now is. For this my retirement tour, let us commence, forevermore, forevermore.

  9. #2834
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    On the next flight up
    Posts
    1,187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Swampert View Post
    Decided I'd keep a low profile on here after the horrendous defeat to Bradford!!! Either way, I can't believe that the linesman who told the City players to go and acknowledge the fans has been relieved of duties because of what he said. What the hell?
    That's quite a strange descision? I thought it was a friendly gesture by him and I'm an Arsenal fan.

  10. #2835
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    620

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by J-Myc View Post
    And then watch how at the end of January they'll wind up with some 15 year old Ugandan/Chilean/Macedonian who may or may not potentially be good in the future only to be sold to Barcelona when they are at their peak.
    I would be surprised if we even sign a 15 year old. Wenger has made it clear he doesn't think the squad needs any new players. Just watch When Arteta and Rosicky they will be LANS. Only way we would get new players is if Arsenal get beat by Swansea and get battered by Chelsea but by then I think it would be too late to save himself from the whole fan base turning on him

  11. #2836
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    England, United Kingdom
    Posts
    389

    Default

    It has been confirmed that Pep Guardiola will join Bayern Munich in July.

  12. #2837
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    594

    Default

    ^Well the sabbatical didn't last long.
    As to what once, it now is. For this my retirement tour, let us commence, forevermore, forevermore.

  13. #2838
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    England, United Kingdom
    Posts
    389

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Armando Payne View Post
    ^Well the sabbatical didn't last long.
    It lasted as long as he said it would- a year. :L

  14. #2839
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    620

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Armando Payne View Post
    ^Well the sabbatical didn't last long.
    He's not joining them til the summer so it will be a year when his Sabbatical ends.

    Funny though the English media was hyping he would be managing in the premier league next season though shows how much they know. Probably the wisest choice since he wouldn't last 3 months at Chelsea with Romans rate of sacking managers and there is no other big club with that position available

  15. #2840
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    On the next flight up
    Posts
    1,187

    Default

    I'm happy Arsenal won last night, great goal by Wilshere to seal it but most importantly, we played well especially in the second half. Bring on Chelsea!

  16. #2841
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    541

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Raider View Post
    I'm happy Arsenal won last night, great goal by Wilshere to seal it but most importantly, we played well especially in the second half. Bring on Chelsea!
    I'm not, I hoped Swansea would win.
    Though Arsenal fully deserved their win as they played really well, especially in the second half, and just were the better team.

    And Swansea still has the Capital One Cup to win :P

  17. #2842
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Didney Worl
    Posts
    703

    Default

    Why don't you guys talk more about PSV? I have a group of people here waiting for some serious PSV talk!!! I mean come on, PSV Eindhoven is awesome! You can't even deny it! Yeah even you José!


    Number of Genwunners = 100
    Number of people accused of being a Genwunner = 100 000 000 000 000 000
    Number of people complaning about Genwunners = 100 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000

  18. #2843
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    the Netherlands
    Posts
    395

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hilda View Post
    Why don't you guys talk more about PSV? I have a group of people here waiting for some serious PSV talk!!! I mean come on, PSV Eindhoven is awesome! You can't even deny it! Yeah even you José!
    Haha, that's cute. But i think we're outnumbered.
    My future team for Omega Ruby: Sceptile, (event shiny) Metagross, Torkoal, Altaria, Walrein, Groudon

    Proven fact: Stardust Road and Teresa Waltz from the Super Mario Galaxy CD are good lullabies. Thanks to Savanny Killersaurus for demonstrating.

    Friend Code: 2552-0309-3757
    Pokémon in my safari: Ponyta, Fletchinder, Charmeleon
    Pokémon I am looking for: none atm



  19. #2844
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Didney Worl
    Posts
    703

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buuz View Post
    Haha, that's cute. But i think we're outnumbered.
    Weird story.
    In Turkey,Besiktas has a bit less fans than Galatasaray and Fenerbahce, but we still have the most passionate ones (we hold the record decibel record which is 132).
    So there is a saying which goes ''Crows(used derogatively) fly in crowds, eagles(our symbol animal) fly alone''


    Number of Genwunners = 100
    Number of people accused of being a Genwunner = 100 000 000 000 000 000
    Number of people complaning about Genwunners = 100 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000

  20. #2845
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    the Netherlands
    Posts
    395

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hilda View Post
    Weird story.
    In Turkey,Besiktas has a bit less fans than Galatasaray and Fenerbahce, but we still have the most passionate ones (we hold the record decibel record which is 132).
    So there is a saying which goes ''Crows(used derogatively) fly in crowds, eagles(our symbol animal) fly alone''
    So when it comes to the amount of fans, Besiktas is kinda like the Turkish version of PSV. Turkish fans are known for their loud cheering. Us PSV fans are pretty quiet, though known for our loud comments on bad play of our team.

    And i read today that Guardiola is going to coach Bayern Munich. Hopefully he will do well.
    My future team for Omega Ruby: Sceptile, (event shiny) Metagross, Torkoal, Altaria, Walrein, Groudon

    Proven fact: Stardust Road and Teresa Waltz from the Super Mario Galaxy CD are good lullabies. Thanks to Savanny Killersaurus for demonstrating.

    Friend Code: 2552-0309-3757
    Pokémon in my safari: Ponyta, Fletchinder, Charmeleon
    Pokémon I am looking for: none atm



  21. #2846
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Didney Worl
    Posts
    703

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buuz View Post
    So when it comes to the amount of fans, Besiktas is kinda like the Turkish version of PSV. Turkish fans are known for their loud cheering. Us PSV fans are pretty quiet, though known for our loud comments on bad play of our team.

    And i read today that Guardiola is going to coach Bayern Munich. Hopefully he will do well.
    Actually, we're known as the loud cheering one. We just have less number of fans.

    For example:

    Galatasaray did 131.5 decibels with an acoustic 53k capacity arena, which they prepared themselves to break the record (they even invited a guiness representative) and they also got help from tools.
    Besiktas did 132 decibels on an open stadium with 32k capacity, and there was no preparation.


    Number of Genwunners = 100
    Number of people accused of being a Genwunner = 100 000 000 000 000 000
    Number of people complaning about Genwunners = 100 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000

  22. #2847
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    the Netherlands
    Posts
    395

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hilda View Post
    Actually, we're known as the loud cheering one. We just have less number of fans.

    For example:

    Galatasaray did 131.5 decibels with an acoustic 53k capacity arena, which they prepared themselves to break the record (they even invited a guiness representative) and they also got help from tools.
    Besiktas did 132 decibels on an open stadium with 32k capacity, and there was no preparation.
    Oh yeah, i forgot to mention your loud cheering was the only difference to my team haha.
    My future team for Omega Ruby: Sceptile, (event shiny) Metagross, Torkoal, Altaria, Walrein, Groudon

    Proven fact: Stardust Road and Teresa Waltz from the Super Mario Galaxy CD are good lullabies. Thanks to Savanny Killersaurus for demonstrating.

    Friend Code: 2552-0309-3757
    Pokémon in my safari: Ponyta, Fletchinder, Charmeleon
    Pokémon I am looking for: none atm



  23. #2848
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    the Netherlands
    Posts
    395

    Default

    Woops. Forgot to mention that the loud cheering was the only difference between Besiktas and PSV.
    My future team for Omega Ruby: Sceptile, (event shiny) Metagross, Torkoal, Altaria, Walrein, Groudon

    Proven fact: Stardust Road and Teresa Waltz from the Super Mario Galaxy CD are good lullabies. Thanks to Savanny Killersaurus for demonstrating.

    Friend Code: 2552-0309-3757
    Pokémon in my safari: Ponyta, Fletchinder, Charmeleon
    Pokémon I am looking for: none atm



  24. #2849
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Didney Worl
    Posts
    703

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buuz View Post
    Woops. Forgot to mention that the loud cheering was the only difference between Besiktas and PSV.
    Haha, ok! We'll both be champions this year, and be in the same champions league group next year, and advance together!


    Number of Genwunners = 100
    Number of people accused of being a Genwunner = 100 000 000 000 000 000
    Number of people complaning about Genwunners = 100 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000

  25. #2850
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    620

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hilda View Post
    Haha, ok! We'll both be champions this year, and be in the same champions league group next year, and advance together!
    Not unless you get Barcelona then only one of you can go through! though in all seriousness its amazing how well PSV have done this season 60 goals in 18 games is an amazing achievement, I'm hoping they become champions and maybe make a real push to beat Alex's record of 31 titles.

Page 114 of 265 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124164214 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •