Page 125 of 265 FirstFirst ... 2575115121122123124125126127128129135175225 ... LastLast
Results 3,101 to 3,125 of 6614

Thread: Soccer Thread

If they can get past all these Premier League teams I'm sure they could knock out one more European one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bone Cold Marowak Guy View Post
    Because gen. 6 will have 126 Pokemon exactly, and show up near May 24, 2016 (give or take 3 weeks).

PSV screwed up. Feyenoord scored two times so we lost 2-1...
    My future team for Omega Ruby: Sceptile, (event shiny) Metagross, Torkoal, Altaria, Walrein, Groudon

Proven fact: Stardust Road and Teresa Waltz from the Super Mario Galaxy CD are good lullabies. Thanks to Savanny Killersaurus for demonstrating.

Friend Code: 2552-0309-3757
    Pokémon in my safari: Ponyta, Fletchinder, Charmeleon
    Pokémon I am looking for: none atm

Come on Bradford!

Yeah I don't know what's the ruling with that, the game is kicking off in about an hour. I'm watching City vs Chelsea and its 1-0 so far. Apparently it's 3-2 to Newcastle against Southampton with a Cisse wonder goal. Looking forward to tonight's highlights!

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjames View Post
    Come on Bradford!
    City won, title race is still on.

OptaJoe: "Jos Hooiveld has equalled an all-time Premier League record by scoring three own goals in a single season."

Swansea score... Then again...
    Last edited by ToeyJoey; 24th February 2013 at 4:45 PM.
    Because gen. 6 will have 126 Pokemon exactly, and show up near May 24, 2016 (give or take 3 weeks).

Quote Originally Posted by ToeyJoey View Post
    OptaJoe: "Jos Hooiveld has equalled an all-time Premier League record by scoring three own goals in a single season."
    Poor guy. Very unlucky that is.

Swansea should be getting another goal or two the way they are playing. Hoping that Bradford can nick an early goal in the second half.

Anyone seen this? I doubt it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5071mrBXaAY

The black guy grabbing the other guy's shirt... That's PSV's striker. He started the whole fight. What an idiot, i am ashamed to be a PSV-fan. >.<
    My future team for Omega Ruby: Sceptile, (event shiny) Metagross, Torkoal, Altaria, Walrein, Groudon

Proven fact: Stardust Road and Teresa Waltz from the Super Mario Galaxy CD are good lullabies. Thanks to Savanny Killersaurus for demonstrating.

Friend Code: 2552-0309-3757
    Pokémon in my safari: Ponyta, Fletchinder, Charmeleon
    Pokémon I am looking for: none atm

Awful when things like that happen.

Bradford 0-5 Swansea, they did well to get this far; about all you can say today...

OptaJoe: "5 - Swansea City are the first ever team to score five goals in a League Cup final. Romp."

So much for second season syndrome. Great performance from Swansea, and a trophy now to go with all their efforts.

^ Plus a Europa League spot too!

Poor ol' Bradford. They did well to get that far but I think the best team won in the end. It's not all bad for the Bantams though- I'm sure their league cup final appearance has given their bank balance a boost.

I was disappointed not to see the game live- I was counting on the BBC to show it but I guess Sky Sports bought the rights to broadcast it. Listened to the 5live radio commentary instead up until Swansea's third goal.
    Last edited by Ninjames; 24th February 2013 at 6:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjames View Post
    Poor ol' Bradford. They did well to get that far but I think the best team won in the end. It's not all bad for the Bantams though- I'm sure their league cup final appearance has given their bank balance a boost.
    I think it was around Ł2.5 million which is decent for a team in the fourth tier of English football. Oh and Nathan Dyer made laugh.

I use the BBC Live Text Commentary for most football...

That's a tonne of moeny for them, where are they in League 2?

Quote Originally Posted by ToeyJoey View Post
    I use the BBC Live Text Commentary for most football...

That's a tonne of moeny for them, where are they in League 2?
    They are currently in 11th according to BBC Sport.

We'll see next season then when they've splashed some cash then.

Also, West Ham vs. Tottenham tonight, plenty of Arsenal fans hoping for a West Ham win I'm guessing because you play them next weekend. Can only see a win for Tottenham personally, 2-0.

West Ham 2-3 Tottenham, Gareth Bale with the opener then the winner ~90 mins in, he's in ridiculous form! Stunning strike for the third too.

Surely he's not gonna stay at Spurs, even if they do qualify for the CL - IMO he's looking slightly selfish at the moment, which to an extent is justified, but there was a chance for them to go 2-0 up on the break today in the first half and he chose to go himself rather than pass to Holtby - was challenged then West Ham went back down the other end and got a penalty and an equaliser. Recently saw another prem game where he was on a brace and was just shooting whenever he got the ball to try and get his third rather than trying to play a teammate through.

I hope he does stay though, think it'd be best for him really, he needs to be the star of the show rather than a supporting act at Madrid/Barca. Although Old Trafford may suit him too
    3DS FC 2165-6429-4026 Spheal, Bergmite, Lapras

Shiny crew:

Can't wait to transfer you all up!

If Tottenham get into the Champions League I don't see him leaving, I've heard a lot of talk about these teams being after him Real/Barca/United but never seen any formal offers on the table, nor anything from Bale that suggests he wants to leave unlike Modric who was restless for quite a while. Still, Tottenham in third now, didn't realise Arsenal were so close to third so they're by no means out of Champions League qualifying yet, (unlike the actual tournnamet where they're virtually out the door...)

If Bale does end up going to Spain then I think it'll be Real who sign him- don't forget that Tottenham and Real Madrid made other transfer agreements when Modric was sold (I can't remember exactly what they said but many interpreted it to mean that Tottenham would find the stars and Real would buy them a year or two later when they are at their prime).

Well, I hope he doesn't leave the PL at least. If he does go to Madrid tho, and gets into the starting lineup, means either him or Ronaldo would have to move inside or go on the right wing, probably Ronaldo.. Would that decrease his effectiveness?

Also on a random tangent, I have FA cup final tickets this season!! Got them 'cheap' through my mates work. Who do you think will be getting through? I'm a bit worried that there's the 'big 3' clubs left and then all the clubs just behind them are out (bar Everton who have a replay iirc). Plus the fact it's Man U v Chelsea in the next round if the latter beat Middlesborough, so we're definitely losing another giant before the semis. Then I can see Man City playing the winner of that game in the semi's heh... Really want United to be in the final, I won't be particularly happy if I've shelled out on City thrashing Wigan or something.

Shiny crew:

Don't knock Wigan. Check the calendar, it's nearly March, just in time for Martinez to remind his players that they can actually play football. And they just came off a 3-0 win at Reading, their first Premier League win since 2012. I could easily see them giving anyone a run for their money Cup or League.

Don't get me wrong, I will appreciate seeing PL sides play in such a big game whoever it is, and I don't have anything against Wigan (still have a soft spot from when they got promoted then had that amazing first season), I just really hope it's a 'bigger' game. The biggest game I've been to before is Bristol City at Ashton Gate in the Championship, which was I think Ł25 and local to me - Ł130 to go watch Wigan play some other obscure team in the FA cup? pleaseno

Shiny crew:

Wigan are a sly team who can play and I'm hating on Bale right now, we got to beat Spurs this weekend or we're going to be seven points adrift of them and I can't stand if Tottenham finish above Arsenal this season. I'd be gutted.

Everton vs Oldham replay tonight. Could be interesting..

Tottenham will beat you but they'll just throw it away like they did last season, and Bale is a monster right now. Just don't let him shoot.

Can't see Oldham doing the same again, fool Merseyside once? Twice? Not thrice.

Edit: Matt Smith could, Oldham couldn't.
    Last edited by ToeyJoey; 26th February 2013 at 9:54 PM.

And Real are through to the Copa Del Rey final after defeating Barcelona 4-2 on aggregate. Hala Madrid!

There hasn't been a Madrid derby Copa del Rey Final since 1992, hopefully that will change soon, would be good to see.

Page 125 of 265 FirstFirst ... 2575115121122123124125126127128129135175225 ... LastLast