Page 127 of 266 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129130131137177227 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,175 of 6645

Thread: Soccer Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ToeyJoey View Post
    Prediction: No-one scores next. (Or Bale.)
    Yeah probably but I think there may be a goal scored yet, just doubt it's going to be an Arsenal goal

Well, it's time to spend the rest of the day hiding in a hole!

Quote Originally Posted by The Benmeister View Post
    Well, it's time to spend the rest of the day hiding in a hole!
    I'm absolutely gutted. Seven point gap, Champions League next year hanging in the balance and I'm going to get a lot stick at work tomorrow. Yay!

I still think Chelsea are more catchable than Tottenham, so fourth place is definitely still achievable.

Not really the point though is it? As an Arsenal fan losses to Tottenham hurt me more than it probably should hurt a grown man.

But like I always say, never give up until it's mathematically impossible!

Chelsea are perfectly catchable. If they continue to play Torres... Otherwise...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bone Cold Marowak Guy View Post
    Because gen. 6 will have 126 Pokemon exactly, and show up near May 24, 2016 (give or take 3 weeks).

Yeah I guess so but its going to be tough. Let's hope that Chelsea and Spurs drop cruical points and that Arsenal go on a late winning streak to overtake one of them.

To be fair, Arsenal have the easier run in. If we consider games against other members of the top seven as the remaining 'tough games' (and I'm well aware points can just as easily be dropped anywhere else by the way):

Arsenal only have Everton and Man Utd left, and they're both at home.
    Tottenham have Liverpool away, Everton at home, Chelsea away and Man City at home.
    Chelsea have Tottenham at home, Liverpool away, Man Utd away and Everton at home.
    Everton have Man City at home, Tottenham away, Arsenal away, Liverpool away and Chelsea away.
    Liverpool have Tottenham at home, Chelsea at home and Everton at home.

Let's hope we turn that into something special for Arsenal. Also considering Liverpool's big games are all at home they might bump up a few places.

Is it strange that I don't want Arsenal to succeed? I mean I want them to do well, but they never seem to play football, they seem to lose every match they play then finish in 4th, so hopefully you don't reach the CL, Wenger gets fired and boom! You get a manager, get the Swansea manager, then Swansea will perish.
    As to what once, it now is. For this my retirement tour, let us commence, forevermore, forevermore.

How disappointing, Arsenal do not qualify for the Champions League for the first time since Arsene Wenger joins but is that really surprising seeing as they have done nothing but flirt with the Champions League spots for a long long time now. You do not just go from winning and challenging for titles to challenging for 4th/5th spot without there being something wrong with the way things are set up.

The blame can't really be put on clubs such as Chelsea and Manchester City and rely on the Financial Fair Play to kick in and help you to be more competitive in the league and Europe (especially when Arsenal may not be in Europe anyway) as that does not excuse such poor defensive showings that have been happening for some time. It clearly isn't the players as while Vermaelen, Koscienly, Sagna and Mertesacker are really great players and I believe would do a fantastic job in any of the other top 5 teams, they clearly just do not work on any defensive drills in training as there is not really much explanation for this.

Wenger is just not a tactically astute manager and while I appreciate everything he has brought to the English game he clearly has not adapted and has ran out for tricks and has not adapted to the changing nature of the Premier League. It's clear that he will stay until next year but it's hard to really see much changing unless he completely changes his philosophy which won't happen so Arsenal will continue this downward spiral.
    Never try and argue with idiots, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

It's a little strange because at the start of the season, for what? The first three games? Arsenal kept consecutive clean sheets and everyone was harping on about how much they had changed for the better, but now they've regressed to worse. I mean yesterday they were pathetic, no other word for it. Football: it's a funny old game...
    Because gen. 6 will have 126 Pokemon exactly, and show up near May 24, 2016 (give or take 3 weeks).

Funny isn't the word I'd use at the moment! Yeah that doesn't really make any sense, our defence seemed to have fixed itself but now it's gotten to the point where conceding at least three goals has happened at least four times this season that I can remember.

Completely off the topic of my fading Gunners, I snagged a ticket for Crawley Town vs. Notts County this Saturday, which will be football ground number twenty four. Just the sixty two more after that...

24+62=86? Which grounds are you visiting?

Also: City scrapping to keep this title race alive, Villa not doing themselves any favours near the trapdoor.

That'd be sixty eight, my bad. What maths?

Actually looking forward to the game at Old Trafford tomorrow, 1-1 from the first leg is the most intruiging scoreline that could have happened methinks.

That'd be sixty eight, my bad. What maths?

Actually looking forward to the game at Old Trafford tomorrow, 1-1 from the first leg is the most intruiging scoreline that could have happened methinks.
    I think madrid will win though I see both teams scoring it will be either 2-1 or 3-1 to madrid with Ronaldo to score. I think the first game was more of each team testing each other, this will be the game where both teams will really go for it.

Pumped for our game against Real tonight! We stand a good chance of going through but if we don't then I'll accept it, Real have a better squad than us. Ryan Giggs might get his 1000th appearance tonight as well and I'll be interested to see what sort of reception Ronaldo will get.

Sorry man, I just couldn't make 86 right in my head...

United to win 1-0. Barca couldn't prevent Real counter attacking in that Coppa Del Rey semi-final but I think United can do a better job. May even be able to watch this game tonight...

2-1 to Madrid. Got a sneaky feeling.

I'm aware some Englishmen (or women) don't get behind other clubs from their countries in European competition. To me that doesn't make much sense, unless maybe it's your biggest rivals, but even though Man Utd are the team everyone loves to hate just for being successful, I still want them to win tonight. Why wouldn't I? If nothing else it boosts the coefficient of England, helping us retain our European qualification places. I don't even really mind if Spurs do well for the same reason. Well...as long as they don't win the whole tournament, anyways...

I don't even really mind if Spurs do well for the same reason. Well...as long as they don't win the whole tournament, anyways...
    I wouldn't worry if I were you- I like Spurs but they have as much chance of winning the Champions League as I do of becoming the England captain.

I didn't know Jack Wilshere posted on SPPF...

*Speaks into walkie-talkie* Abort! Abort! I think they're onto me!

On-topic: Rooney on the bench and Giggs starting. I thought it would be the other way around and Giggs would be brought on in the second half.

Just downstairs to say: Goal. Real Madrid now need a goal to stay in the tie and Giggs had a great first half...

Nani really deserved that red.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

Shocking decision. That sending off might cost us the tie and the sad part is that if anyone even makes one criticism about the referee they'll get punished. This has to be a backs-to-the-wall performance now. This second half is going to be like the semi-final second leg against Barcelona in 2008 all over again.

On a more positive note, Giggs has had a fantastic game. Welbeck's been doing his best as well although I think Rooney should replace him.

Just as I write this, Modric scores the equaliser. I can't see us scoring another goal but neither can I see us hanging on for penalties.

It gets worse. I'm thankful to Ronaldo for not celebrating but this doesn't make this any easier.
    Last edited by Ninjames; 5th March 2013 at 10:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hankka View Post
    Nani really deserved that red.
    I'm guessing/hoping this is sarcasm...

but basically everything said in Ninjames' post above. Sincerely disappointed the tie was ruined by such a poor decision and from that point it was a moment of when Madrid cut United apart. Arsenal - England's last hope...

Quote Originally Posted by Manchester City captain Vincent Kompany
    "Never a red card."
    Last edited by ToeyJoey; 5th March 2013 at 10:42 PM.

Yeah the ref really screwed up there and have the game to Madrid which is annoying as it ruined the spectacle but Modric's goal was class though.

Page 127 of 266 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129130131137177227 ... LastLast