Page 138 of 266 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139140141142148188238 ... LastLast
Results 3,426 to 3,450 of 6631

Thread: Soccer Thread

Guys, it's 'el Clasico', one 's'. Yeah, that Bayern-Barca was by far the most painful, worst 90 minutes of my life...and as for BVB-Madrid? Awesome...heh!

So QPR and Reading go down, Chelsea win and Arsenal draw with United. Not happy espeically with a certain right back costing us a vital win.

Sagna has been terrible for quite some time. No surprise there
    Never try and argue with idiots, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Quote Originally Posted by J-Myc View Post
    Sagna has been terrible for quite some time. No surprise there
    Been bad all season. Ever since he came out and questioned the club for its reason for selling our top players every season he hasn't been the same. Makes silly mistakes and has no heart. It would be sad to see him leave especially as he is usually one of our best players every season. He probably go in the summer which mean another position to strengthen.

^ I agree with you both. Sagna hasn't been the same player we were accustomed to see year in year out and not only because he broke his leg (twice). He clearly wants out and it's not surpise after his comments about the club letting Song and RvP go. I'd expect him to follow suit this summer and would mean we need a replacement for him as Jenkinson isn't ready to start regularly yet.

Also decent game at Villa Park with Villa leading Sunderland 3-1. Quality goal from Weimann and he can play, oh yes indeed

EDIT: 6-1 Villa! Who would of seen that one coming? Sunderland were shocking today. Makes for an interesting survival fight now Villa are level on points and goal difference with Newcastle.
    Last edited by Gloryus; 29th April 2013 at 10:00 PM.

Worried for Wigan now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjames View Post
    Worried for Wigan now.
    I see this the year they are going down. Everyone knows what to expect from them at the end of season and after what happened last year when they beat all the big teams in the last 10 games no one is going to underestimate them again. Sadly it just too much to ask for season after season and with an fa cup final you got to feel they don't try as hard as they might off to in their league games.

Madrid just left themselves too much to do but they went down fighting.

Madrid just left themselves too much to do but they went down fighting.
    If they only took their chances in the first half... Oh well let's see of Barca can do any better tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Raider View Post
    If they only took their chances in the first half... Oh well let's see of Barca can do any better tonight.
    I doubt Barca can do any better. Real Madrid were in with a chance because they got that away goal. 3-0 would have won the tie and they nearly did it as well. But Barca need a 4-0 win just to take it to extra time and Bayern are in incredible form. A very difficult mountain to climb for the Catalans.

I doubt Barca can do any better. Real Madrid were in with a chance because they got that away goal. 3-0 would have won the tie and they nearly did it as well. But Barca need a 4-0 win just to take it to extra time and Bayern are in incredible form. A very difficult mountain to climb for the Catalans.
    Barcelona got whooped again and this time at the Nou Camp. Bayern are simply dominant by I didn't expect by this margin. Great final at Wembley to look forward too.

Dortmund have done well to get to the final but I think it's fair to say that it will be a shock if Bayern Munich aren't crowned champions of Europe in May.

So you take away Messi from Barcelona and all you've got left is a team of a Fleetwood Town calibre. Interesting.
    As to what once, it now is. For this my retirement tour, let us commence, forevermore, forevermore.

Benfica VS Chelsea in the finals.
    I watched Benfica and Fenerbahce play. The refs were all so bad it's crazy. We won 3-1, in my opinion we deserved to win for how we played up to our third goal, then we wasted time just like they did in the first half so it was fair xD

Quote Originally Posted by Armando Payne View Post
    So you take away Messi from Barcelona and all you've got left is a team of a Fleetwood Town calibre. Interesting.
    It's interesting how many Barcelona admirers and supporters will claim that the club is made up of a number of talented individuals but will then blame poor performances on one player not being on the field. As if Messi could have single-handedly prevented or overturned a 4-0 result.

What a wonderfull day: the club I support promoted to the Eredivisie and will be playing against the likes of Ajax and Psv, after a thrilling last day, while the team on first place failed to win, we didn't and managed to take the first place from them! Forca Cambuur!!!!
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

^ Congrats! I just hope Arsenal can see of QPR after Tottenham beat Southampton today. Got to secure Champions League football!

Wigan are catching up to Newcastle!

^ Scary times for them, they're not safe yet! Today is the Merseyside derby followed by Man Utd against Chelsea. I'm going with Liverpool winning and a draw between Utd and Chelsea. Should be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by 7 tyranitars View Post
    What a wonderfull day: the club I support promoted to the Eredivisie and will be playing against the likes of Ajax and Psv, after a thrilling last day, while the team on first place failed to win, we didn't and managed to take the first place from them! Forca Cambuur!!!!
    Congrats, I prefer cambuur to volendam too. Now I only hope vitesse wins and feyenoord loses so vitesse finishes third. Unfortunately, ajax will end first place as they are ahead 2-0 atm.
        Spoiler:- DD stuff:

Quote Originally Posted by treeckotrainer View Post
    Congrats, I prefer cambuur to volendam too. Now I only hope vitesse wins and feyenoord loses so vitesse finishes third. Unfortunately, ajax will end first place as they are ahead 2-0 atm.
    Thank you, well Feyenoord did lose, but so did Vitesse. And Ajax managed to secure their third title in a row. PSV will most likely end on the second place, unless psv loses and feyenoord scores 40 or so goals.
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

So both spurs and Chelsea won their matches this weekend. If Spurs win all their remaining games and Chelsea win theirs beside the game against spurs that means Arsenal will finish 5th even if they win all their games. Not good at all I'm hating the fact we have to rely on other teams messing up just to get in the top 4. Those 4 points dropped in the games we drawn against everton and man united could be very important especially when we had many chances in both games to win them.

I have to say, I've never seen someone enjoy being kicked as much as David Luiz.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmareisalive View Post
    So both spurs and Chelsea won their matches this weekend. If Spurs win all their remaining games and Chelsea win theirs beside the game against spurs that means Arsenal will finish 5th even if they win all their games. Not good at all I'm hating the fact we have to rely on other teams messing up just to get in the top 4. Those 4 points dropped in the games we drawn against everton and man united could be very important especially when we had many chances in both games to win them.
    True but Spurs got to play away at Stoke and at home to Sunderland who look decent (bar the 6-1 trashing at Villa) after the Chelsea game which will be tricky to get maximum points from and Chelsea have to play Everton and Villa which isn't going to be easy either so we can take heart from that and hope someone will drop enough points while Arsenal beat Wigan at home and Newcastle away.

I have to say, I've never seen someone enjoy being kicked as much as David Luiz.
    That was straight up funny. Dived Luiz!

What does everyone think of the story that Sir Alex Ferguson will retire at the end of the season? Personally I doubt it because I think he still wants to win another Champions League to become one of a few manager to win 3. It wouldn't surprise me though if he announces that he will retire at the end of next season.

Page 138 of 266 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139140141142148188238 ... LastLast