Page 146 of 260 FirstFirst ... 4696136142143144145146147148149150156196246 ... LastLast
Results 3,626 to 3,650 of 6485

Thread: Soccer Thread

Stevan Jovetic has officially joined Manchester City. Huge blows for Wenger. He wanted him before the transfer window opened. Jovetic will wear #35. He's a talented players. He has a good skills, good control, also a poacher and a clinical finisher. Aguero-Jovetic will be a deadly duo on PL. Just wow.

Also, Lyon boss wants a swap between Gervinho and Gourcuff. Gourcuff is ok I think. We also already have Oxlade on Gerv position. But Gourcuff seems a little bit old. 27 years old midfielder could be a second choice for Wenger.
    ♠ ♣ ♦ ♥

Stevan Jovetic has officially joined Manchester City. Huge blows for Wenger. He wanted him before the transfer window opened. Jovetic will wear #35. He's a talented players. He has a good skills, good control, also a poacher and a clinical finisher. Aguero-Jovetic will be a deadly duo on PL. Just wow.
    Is that for real?! Man City is going to be SO good next season, I'm so excited!

Quote Originally Posted by TheSuperZekrom View Post

Also, Lyon boss wants a swap between Gervinho and Gourcuff. Gourcuff is ok I think. We also already have Oxlade on Gerv position. But Gourcuff seems a little bit old. 27 years old midfielder could be a second choice for Wenger.
    I know they have sold Tevez and Ballotelli recently, but seriously, if city do happen to win the premier league, they have bought it. Navas, Fernandinho, Negredo, Jovetic and surely more to come in one window, compared to United who have yet to make a big name signing (valera is relatively unknown). But yea Jovetic is a very good player.
    My Shiny Pokemon:

5th Gen:
    ;Emolga; ;Solosis;

6th Gen:
    Greninja ;Volcarona; (X2) Aegislash ;Lampent; Diggersby

Luvin' the t'wigs <3
    3DS fc: Paddy 2621-3316-5077 (Pm if you add me)

A bit late but Arsenal also don't need Santos because of how awful he is...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bone Cold Marowak Guy View Post
    Because gen. 6 will have 126 Pokemon exactly, and show up near May 24, 2016 (give or take 3 weeks).

Santos is useless and awful. I don't mind see him go to somewhere else. Arsenal trying to get rid of 'dead wood' players on this transfer window and replace them with some youth players. I think is a great idea to have some youngster on the squad. Keep your eyes on Zelalem, Gnabry and Akpom.

Mirror says Arsenal are close to sign Brazilian midfielder from Atletico Miniero, Bernard. He cost about Ł21m iirc. A good backup for Mikel Arteta which is getting older by the time. He also has pace which is nice. I would like to see him wearing an Arsenal jersey next season.
    ♠ ♣ ♦ ♥

Keep my eyes on Zekrom, Gastly and Aipom?

I saw Bernard and liked the way he played, but I'm not sure he's an Arteta replacement... Although what's Arsenal's midfield like... Wilshere, Cazorla, and...?
    Because gen. 6 will have 126 Pokemon exactly, and show up near May 24, 2016 (give or take 3 weeks).

United have made an improved offer of Ł30 million for Cesc Fabregas.

I'm glad we're actually focussing on buying midfielders now rather than throwing money at high profile strikers that we don't really need.

Arsenal have Arteta, Wilshere, Santi, Ramsey, Rosicky, Diaby, Frimpong (I think) and some youth players. Well I think we need some DM for sure. Arteta is getting older and seems both Wilshere and Ramsey can't do those things like Arteta did. I also think that we need a backup goalkeeper, a CB and a striker. I wouldn't mind if we sign Cesar, Williams and Benteke.
    ♠ ♣ ♦ ♥

Quote Originally Posted by dahrue View Post
    How is Yilmaz doing in company with Drogba. They're both physically strong. That's a killer duo.
    Burak Yilmaz has been doing good with Drogba, but he doesn't really need him to do so. I have said this before but Burak is actually better than Drogba. Burak still plays good without Drogba while Drogba gets better with Burak on his side.

Drogba's biggest contribution to Burak is his dangerous passes. Burak loves running behind the defence and simply scoring from there.

+ Besiktas and Fenerbahce are joining Europe this season. CAS temporarly stopped the decision of UEFA. They are not completely off the hook, but it is still good that they have RIGHTFULLY returned to the European competitions. UEFA is just giving bans without any grounds to satisfy their ego.

Number of Genwunners = 100
    Number of people accused of being a Genwunner = 100 000 000 000 000 000
    Number of people complaning about Genwunners = 100 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjames View Post
    United have made an improved offer of Ł30 million for Cesc Fabregas.

I'm glad we're actually focussing on buying midfielders now rather than throwing money at high profile strikers that we don't really need.
    Won't happen as already said Arsenal have first refusal on his contract and get 50% of his fee if Barca sell him to another club so for Barca to break even it will cost Ł60 million to get him. Also Cesc has said Wenger is like his second father, has a child in London and if he left Barca for any other club (besides Arsenal ) his family would find it very hard to be welcome in the city. Doesn't make sense at all for him to go at United.

I agree with Night. It doesn't make sense if Cesc to go to United in the first place. Mirror says United ready to pay Cesc Ł200k/week to lure him from Barca. But Arsenal have Ł25m buy back clause in his contract.

Mail says Arsenal are ready to make a bid again for Gonzalo Higuain with Napoli unwilling to match his Ł35m bid. Finally...
    ♠ ♣ ♦ ♥

I'm sure there are other midfielders for United, I don't know if Rory Delap has been picked up yet...

Man U has so many Mids as well. I feel like they have a plethora of players and don't use a lot of them.

I just noticed that Napoli have signed Callejon and Albiol from Madrid. They also signed Reina. Benitez made a good move there. And they have joined the race for Valencia's Roberto Soldado. Ambitious Benitez.
    ♠ ♣ ♦ ♥

Why is Napoli grabbing all these players? Is it because of the Cavani trade?

I would assume so, they've sold Cavani for big money, meaning they can bring in other players to strengthen the squad...

Soldado would be awesome to see in Serie A. You don't see a lot of big Spanish names in the Italian Leagues mostly in BBVA. Two different playing styles.

You don't see too many good English players overseas either. Mainly because they're not that good... It's about time we fell out of the Top 10 in the FIFA World Rankings...

And you guys deserve it. Many class players come from England. Bale, Rooney, Gerrard, Lampard. Also, many young English players are rising.

I'm from the U.S. but I support Italy. We're getting pretty old. Players like Buffon.

Also, I expect a lot from Belgium this year. Benteke and Lukaku are taking over PL next year, just watch!

Well England are 15th not in the FIFA rankings kind of showing how they have fallen. Ireland are 44th how sad how far we have fallen since the euro's, the sooner trap out the better.

Also reports suggest Fulham are going for Darren Bent for Ł5 million though Newcastle are also meant to of bid Ł6 million both short of Vila's Ł8 million value of him. He would diff help any team he joins.

Well Fulham recently got a takeover from another rich bloke so if they want him, I'm sure they could afford Villa's valuation. Although he's pretty old, as is Berbatov... If Fulham become richer will they get better than mid-table or QPR it up...?

QPR had Hughes (stoke are doomed!) as manager who brought in very poor players gave them big wages (making it hard to get rid of them) and really had no idea what tactics to do. Bent and Berbatov could still score plenty of goals but I don't think they could work together they are too common with their style of play. I think Fulham with focus on mid table easily and work their way up. QPR messed it up by trying to hard with the wrong players and manager.

There's no need to rub it in... (Stoke fan.)

Yeah sorry about that I would like to say something nice about having Hughes as a manger but I can't think of one. Maybe he will get it right with Stoke.

I can only hope but the reality is likely to be misery. We'll go down with two of the newly promoted teams...

Page 146 of 260 FirstFirst ... 4696136142143144145146147148149150156196246 ... LastLast