Page 248 of 265 FirstFirst ... 148198238244245246247248249250251252258 ... LastLast
Results 6,176 to 6,200 of 6618

Thread: Soccer Thread

  1. #6176
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Marietta, GA
    Posts
    2,114

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sight View Post
    Please ignore my mistake about the ref, he wasn't punished, however FIFA did notice him...and is considering this ref for the final, and they praised him for not giving many cards. I hope this isn't true and the media got the info wrong, but then again this is FIFA we're talking about...
    If this is true and that inept idiot refs the final then it is 100% irrevocable proof (not that the proof isn't out there already) that FIFA is corrupt through and through. Honestly I think member nations should start making noise about creating a new body to scare FIFA into cleaning up its act.

    Signature Credit: The Comet
    My Tumblr

  2. #6177
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Montenegró
    Posts
    2,903

    Default

    The thing that really annoys me that FIFA needs to work on (among many other things) are the referees. They can change the whole outcome of a game after all! And if they make a bad call, there's not really much anyone can do about it but suck it up and deal with it even if it's unfair and makes no sense at all. Therefore, I think something should be done about the ref choices for the matches. Especially matches in the World Cup. BS and controversy by decisions should play no part in such a huge competition. These so called "trained" referees should be experts in determining a fair decision, not assumption or by bullsh*t.




    “Into the darkness they go,
    the wise and the lovely. ”

  3. #6178
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    In the Dutch Mountains
    Posts
    8,683

    Default

    Great, so I need to do another catch-up post.. -.-

    In the Netherlands, there's a new trend called 6word commentaries... I'll do a few in this post..

    Quote Originally Posted by Sephora View Post
    I don't care how good of a player Thomas Müller is. He is the biggest diver and therefore I dislike him.
    6 words: "He plays with Robben at Bayern.."

    Dat set piece though.. xD

    Quote Originally Posted by Sephora View Post
    I think it would be stupid if people riot because of Brazil hypothetically losing. I mean the whole point of a competition is being able to realize that there are winners and losers. This Brazilian team is not as good as previous ones, so I do not think them losing should be such a huge shock.
    Yeah, Bailey.ga already noted this, but to Brazil, this is more or less a holy experience.. Or at least, from what I've heard. A lot of calls weren't made by the refs out of sheer fear, I'm pretty sure of that. Looking at that Japanese referee not daring to give Neymar a red card, nor this ref for not giving Caesar a red card..

    Giving Caesar a red card would've meant that Brazil would have 10 men on the pitch, and with all their substitutions made, a field player would have to assume the role of keeper.. for 10 minutes.. And would've caused Brazil, in the event that they succeeded in keeping that 2-1 advantage, would've missed their captain, their keeper and Neymar vs. Germany.

    6 words: YEAH... Hate to be that guy...

    Quote Originally Posted by Sephora View Post
    I wanted France and Colombia to win today so of course the other two win it To say I am disappointed is an understatement.

    Colombia should be very proud of themselves to have made it this far (without Falcao no less!), especially James Rodriguez. That boy has a bright future ahead of him; he scored a goal in every match so far and leads the Golden Boot (at 6 goals).

    It is a shame that Brazil decided to play very well in this game. They have just been barely sliding through in previous matches but finally up their game in this one. Ahh well.
    Well, at least James has a decent lead on Müller and Messi to win that gaudy kicker.. Müller has 2 matches to make 2-3 goals, while Messi has 1-3 matches to make the 2-3, depending if they want to tie with James or not - and depending on how much those two individually score.. Then there's Robben and RVP, who have made 3 goals each.. Who knows what can happen tonight..

    Quote Originally Posted by Sephora View Post
    I love the giant grasshopper on Rodriguez's arm when he scored against Brazil, lol.

    So apparently, Neymar has a fractured vertebrae due to that foul committed by a Colombian player. This does not look good for Brazil's chances against Germany. Ouch.

    Can I also just say how sh*t the ref was during the Colombia/Brazil match? Taking a quote from the announcer, did the ref forget his cards in his hotel room? There were approx. 54 fouls in that game and the ref only called the players on about 10 of them. Honestly, it was utter bullsh*t. James Rodriguez got fouled 4 times intentionally by some Brazilian players, and the ref didn't even blink an eye. I think that's what caused Zuniga to retaliate on Neymar ('cause that also looked intentional to me). I blame the ref for these events.
    The insect realm supports Colombia, that much is clear.. Too bad cockroach Blatter didn't support them.

    As for Brazil's chances against Germany.. Just look what happened during Costa Rica vs. Uruguay and Colombia vs. Uruguay, when a top player doesn't play..

    It's up to the referees.. I'm hoping for Björn Kuipers to get a last game to referee in this World Cup. It's actually quite bittersweet.. Because the Dutch football team are doing great, he's experiences a lack of games he can referee:
    - Netherlands vs. Argentina/Belgium: No can't happen..
    - Costa Rica vs. Argentina/Belgium: No can't do, he may be spiteful.

    Literally, the only games he can really hope getting are either Brazil vs. Germany, OR the final if the Netherlands lose to Costa Rica. If the final is Brazil vs. Argentina, then I'm pretty sure Björn Kuipers will be the referee..

    Quote Originally Posted by Sight View Post
    So apparently Neymar's injury is so bad he won't be able play any more games in the World Cup, and yet the guy who did this to Neymar didn't even get a card. Being brazillian, I might be biased, so I would like to hear an unbiased opinion, did the other player deserved a yellow or even a red card? Or am I exagerating?
    He didn't even get a yellow card.. He definitely deserved a card, but this allows the FIFA to use video images to give him a penalty post-match.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sight View Post
    Please ignore my mistake about the ref, he wasn't punished, however FIFA did notice him...and is considering this ref for the final, and they praised him for not giving many cards. I hope this isn't true and the media got the info wrong, but then again this is FIFA we're talking about...
    WHAAAAT???! This guy was just as bad as the Japanese one.. Seriously, Björn Kuipers should be the finals referee, he seems like the only left qualified. The only problem is that the Dutch are doing good so far.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sephora View Post
    The thing that really annoys me that FIFA needs to work on (among many other things) are the referees. They can change the whole outcome of a game after all! And if they make a bad call, there's not really much anyone can do about it but suck it up and deal with it even if it's unfair and makes no sense at all. Therefore, I think something should be done about the ref choices for the matches. Especially matches in the World Cup. BS and controversy by decisions should play no part in such a huge competition. These so called "trained" referees should be experts in determining a fair decision, not assumption or by bullsh*t.
    Everybody knows that video refereeing should be installed within Soccer. Goalline technology was just the first step but it took a long, long time...

    Quote Originally Posted by torterra_4_the_win View Post
    Exactly what happened to me as well, I rooted for France and Columbia. I think I might stop supporting teams now this time around, every team I have has been eliminated: England, Australia, Bosnia, Chile, and now Columbia and France.
    Cheer for Argentina and Costa Rica.. Please..

    That would make one happy Dutchman..
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

  4. #6179
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Britannia
    Posts
    215

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sight View Post
    Please ignore my mistake about the ref, he wasn't punished, however FIFA did notice him...and is considering this ref for the final, and they praised him for not giving many cards. I hope this isn't true and the media got the info wrong, but then again this is FIFA we're talking about...
    The only differences between modern refs and older refs is that now they're a lot more open to giving cards, and every move they do is now scrutinised, there are cameras everywhere. I think video refs are needed for the protection of the refs more than everyone else.

    Also bear in mind, when talking about when cards should be given, a goal kick was given for this, and the french player nearly died.

    For Trade (IV bred)
    FroakieGoomyFerroseedSquirtleCharmander
    TorchicEevee

    FC : 4742-6515-3239 IGN: None of yo bizniz

  5. #6180
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    94

    Default

    I can see that being a refree in a Brazil game would anyone nervous, we can be prideful and easily angered when it comes to football, however Brazil was really rough in this game and really deserved some yellow cards. Honestly, this may sound illogical, but the whole thing with Neymar could have been avoided if the ref had a better control of the game. And I've that seen that video before, but no matter how many times I see it, I still cringe, that must have been seriously painful.
    Last edited by Sight; 5th July 2014 at 2:57 PM.

  6. #6181
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Laverre City
    Posts
    3,761

    Default

    argentina already qualified for the top 4 after winning against belgium, i guess whichever team will get in will probably have a hard time defeating them.

    on the other side, it was the oranje who was taking control of the game, costa rica weere even not near to a single kick near the goalkeeper

    we're now in extra time, netherlands 0 costa rica 0
    Fun facts: To those who are curious, Serena has been made as the shipper's favouritism - currently she has the most shipping pairs involving hers ( a total of 815 as of the august submission) behind her is Dawn ( with a total of 696)

    TRIVIA: Every month there is approximately 1000 new submissions on the shipping thread, and this will probably continue until all names have been used. Come generation 7 I'm pretty sure we are going to run out of names

    They're the same
        Spoiler:- open at your own risk:

    Why don't you blame others before blaming me

  7. #6182
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana
    Posts
    1,115

    Default

    Costa Rica, the little engine that could

    718/718 Pokemon caught as of 4/13/14
    Pokemon X FC: 2638-0594-6140
    Serebii.net Claims:
    -The Drill Pokemon, Nidoking

  8. #6183
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Laverre City
    Posts
    3,761

    Default

    unfortunately i had a feeling that the dutch might collapse against costa rica when it comes to penalty shootout

    and this is where costa rica are doing their best, great how glad now to see oranje being eliminated form the world cup

    but it was all thanks to tim krul with the last substitution made from the goalkeeper's side

    it was a very tense penalty shootout if i had to say

    final score netherlands 0 costa rica 0 ( but dutch win 4 to 3 on penalty shootout)

    so its netherlands vs argentina , brazil vs germany on semifinals
    Last edited by SerenaForTheWin; 5th July 2014 at 11:49 PM.
    Fun facts: To those who are curious, Serena has been made as the shipper's favouritism - currently she has the most shipping pairs involving hers ( a total of 815 as of the august submission) behind her is Dawn ( with a total of 696)

    TRIVIA: Every month there is approximately 1000 new submissions on the shipping thread, and this will probably continue until all names have been used. Come generation 7 I'm pretty sure we are going to run out of names

    They're the same
        Spoiler:- open at your own risk:

    Why don't you blame others before blaming me

  9. #6184
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Montenegró
    Posts
    2,903

    Default

    Wow, Costa Rica played a lot better than I thought they would. They should be proud that they got the Netherlands all the way up to the shootouts. Going in, I never had much hope that Costa Rica would defeat the Netherlands, but I thought they'd be able to slide through in the shootouts thanks to their goalkeeper, Navas. It was smart of the Netherlands to substitute a new goalkeeper since he was fresh and not as tired as the other two were during the game.

    Argentina VS Netherlands will be exciting to see, along with Brazil and Germany before them. I want Argentina and Brazil to win respectively but knowing my luck, it'll probably end up being Germany and Netherlands in the finals :/
    Last edited by Sephora; 6th July 2014 at 12:11 AM.




    “Into the darkness they go,
    the wise and the lovely. ”

  10. #6185
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    94

    Default

    I really wanted Costa Rica to win, the played like heroes, and seeing them playing made me excited, I was shouting ''Come on guys, you can do it!!''. This is the kind of football I like to watch, the kind that makes cheer like crazy when the player is running with the ball and is about to score. Netherlands played well, but Costa Rica was the real star of this game to me. This team have some serious potential, and hope they be at Russia 2018.

  11. #6186
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,799

    Default

    With every passing match the audience and skillful play gets farther away from the Netherlands.

    breathe it in, i'm gonna shine. it's my moment, i'm going to fly.

  12. #6187
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Laverre City
    Posts
    3,761

    Default

    argentina will play without angel di maria as he will miss remainder of the season, now they had to rely more on lionel messi

    great now let's see how the match would go
    Fun facts: To those who are curious, Serena has been made as the shipper's favouritism - currently she has the most shipping pairs involving hers ( a total of 815 as of the august submission) behind her is Dawn ( with a total of 696)

    TRIVIA: Every month there is approximately 1000 new submissions on the shipping thread, and this will probably continue until all names have been used. Come generation 7 I'm pretty sure we are going to run out of names

    They're the same
        Spoiler:- open at your own risk:

    Why don't you blame others before blaming me

  13. #6188
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    the Netherlands
    Posts
    395

    Default

    Costa Rica surprised me. I occasionally saw them defending with, what, 9 players? Netherlands tried to slide through their defenses but even with at least 12 shots on goal, they couldn't score. Too bad, they could have decided the match before shootouts since Costa Rica had no intention of attacking. But then the shootouts came and Van Gaal made a brilliant substitution by taking out Cillessen for Krul. What a guy, i have some confidence we will reach the finals now. Argentina is good, but not 100%. Messi isn't in top shape and so is the rest of their team. Then in the finals we will either take down our neighbours Germany or the host, Brasil.
    My future team for Omega Ruby: Sceptile, (event shiny) Metagross, Torkoal, Altaria, Walrein, Groudon

    Proven fact: Stardust Road and Teresa Waltz from the Super Mario Galaxy CD are good lullabies. Thanks to Savanny Killersaurus for demonstrating.

    Friend Code: 2552-0309-3757
    Pokémon in my safari: Ponyta, Fletchinder, Charmeleon
    Pokémon I am looking for: none atm



  14. #6189
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Laverre City
    Posts
    3,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buuz View Post
    Costa Rica surprised me. I occasionally saw them defending with, what, 9 players? Netherlands tried to slide through their defenses but even with at least 12 shots on goal, they couldn't score. Too bad, they could have decided the match before shootouts since Costa Rica had no intention of attacking. But then the shootouts came and Van Gaal made a brilliant substitution by taking out Cillessen for Krul. What a guy, i have some confidence we will reach the finals now. Argentina is good, but not 100%. Messi isn't in top shape and so is the rest of their team. Then in the finals we will either take down our neighbours Germany or the host, Brasil.
    either way both teams are entertaining to watch,as long dutch are into the finals then i'm happy with it

    though the dutch only finish runners up as their best performance in all the world cup they are in, and hopefully when they get to the finals , i like to see them as champions of this year since that'll mean they finally overcome what they need to which they failed in 2010
    Fun facts: To those who are curious, Serena has been made as the shipper's favouritism - currently she has the most shipping pairs involving hers ( a total of 815 as of the august submission) behind her is Dawn ( with a total of 696)

    TRIVIA: Every month there is approximately 1000 new submissions on the shipping thread, and this will probably continue until all names have been used. Come generation 7 I'm pretty sure we are going to run out of names

    They're the same
        Spoiler:- open at your own risk:

    Why don't you blame others before blaming me

  15. #6190
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    From the land down under...
    Posts
    7,009

    Default

    I saw the extra time of that match and some highlights. Holland just couldn't score; kinda wish they had been shooting like that against us! D=

    Good choice in the end in subbing on that keeper, he did well in the penalty shootout, and the dutch were too clinical with their penalties. van Persie really needs to learn what an offside is as well.

    A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

    The BBS Forums! Join in!
    Gain achievements for activity on forums & the games!

    Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current article: Fan Art Reviews: toufu's Manga! Check out neat art of Golduck and Shinx, among others!
    Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.

  16. #6191
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    the Netherlands
    Posts
    3,088

    Default

    Costa rica had a very nice bus parked infront of the goal. Even without bias glad Costa rica got what they deserved, playing for penalties and losing them.
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

  17. #6192
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    I'm on a boat mother... what?
    Posts
    5,222

    Default

    I'm gonna say that the 3 best teams of the World Cup so far and Argentina are now in the semi-finals (they've all had great matches, Germany most of them, The Netherlands mostly in the group stage and Brazil vs Colombia and idc what you say they played well vs Cameroon). Argentina is still missing it tough, but we'll see how they do. I'm betting for a Brazil-Argentina final, which would be so cool, given that their rivals and it's in Brazil

  18. #6193
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    I dunt hav
    Posts
    917

    Default

    The Dutch and the Germans are pretty big rivals too

  19. #6194
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Laverre City
    Posts
    3,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sietse23 View Post
    The Dutch and the Germans are pretty big rivals too
    i think they had a big rivalry on the previous world cup if i'm not mistaken.
    Fun facts: To those who are curious, Serena has been made as the shipper's favouritism - currently she has the most shipping pairs involving hers ( a total of 815 as of the august submission) behind her is Dawn ( with a total of 696)

    TRIVIA: Every month there is approximately 1000 new submissions on the shipping thread, and this will probably continue until all names have been used. Come generation 7 I'm pretty sure we are going to run out of names

    They're the same
        Spoiler:- open at your own risk:

    Why don't you blame others before blaming me

  20. #6195
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    the Netherlands
    Posts
    395

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sietse23 View Post
    The Dutch and the Germans are pretty big rivals too
    Amen my fellow Dutch trainer. Here's hoping Germany will take down the host and will meet Netherlands in the finals. And hopefully, WE will finally win the cup!

    Quote Originally Posted by SerenaForTheWin View Post
    i think they had a big rivalry on the previous world cup if i'm not mistaken.
    Not the previous one, but a world cup in the seventies. Western Germany defeated us in the finals back then. Argentina did so too, also in the seventies. And of course, Spain defeated us in the 2010 finals. They defeated Germany in the semi's to get there so no, it definitely wasn't South Afrika where we were rivals. Let's enjoy the semifinals shall we?
    My future team for Omega Ruby: Sceptile, (event shiny) Metagross, Torkoal, Altaria, Walrein, Groudon

    Proven fact: Stardust Road and Teresa Waltz from the Super Mario Galaxy CD are good lullabies. Thanks to Savanny Killersaurus for demonstrating.

    Friend Code: 2552-0309-3757
    Pokémon in my safari: Ponyta, Fletchinder, Charmeleon
    Pokémon I am looking for: none atm



  21. #6196
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Laverre City
    Posts
    3,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buuz View Post
    Not the previous one, but a world cup in the seventies. Western Germany defeated us in the finals back then. Argentina did so too, also in the seventies. And of course, Spain defeated us in the 2010 finals. They defeated Germany in the semi's to get there so no, it definitely wasn't South Afrika where we were rivals. Let's enjoy the semifinals shall we?
    indeed its oranje all the way to the finals, but first there is an argentina we need to take care of first

    as for the world cup predictions

    brazil 1 - 1 germany while penalty shootout is undefined

    argentina 1 - 2 netherlands or 1-1 then goes for penalty shootout
    Last edited by SerenaForTheWin; 6th July 2014 at 10:30 AM.
    Fun facts: To those who are curious, Serena has been made as the shipper's favouritism - currently she has the most shipping pairs involving hers ( a total of 815 as of the august submission) behind her is Dawn ( with a total of 696)

    TRIVIA: Every month there is approximately 1000 new submissions on the shipping thread, and this will probably continue until all names have been used. Come generation 7 I'm pretty sure we are going to run out of names

    They're the same
        Spoiler:- open at your own risk:

    Why don't you blame others before blaming me

  22. #6197
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    487

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sietse23 View Post
    The Dutch and the Germans are pretty big rivals too
    Indeed they are, in fact, some people think that Germany's biggest rival is England, where in fact it's the Netherlands. Germany v England is still MASSIVE though. Ah 1966...

    Quote Originally Posted by SerenaForTheWin View Post
    indeed its oranje all the way to the finals, but first there is an argentina we need to take care of first

    as for the world cup predictions

    brazil 1 - 1 germany while penalty shootout is undefined

    argentina 1 - 2 netherlands or 1-1 then goes for penalty shootout
    My predictions: Brazil 2 - 3 Germany (AET) and Argentina 0 - 2 Netherlands

    Please let this be right, although I hate Germany and tipped Argentina to make the final at the start, I want Brazil out and for Netherlands to win it all.
    Amourshipping and Generation III for the win!

    Drawn by torterra_4_the_win

  23. #6198
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    the Netherlands
    Posts
    395

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by torterra_4_the_win View Post
    Indeed they are, in fact, some people think that Germany's biggest rival is England, where in fact it's the Netherlands. Germany v England is still MASSIVE though. Ah 1966...



    My predictions: Brazil 2 - 3 Germany (AET) and Argentina 0 - 2 Netherlands

    Please let this be right, although I hate Germany and tipped Argentina to make the final at the start, I want Brazil out and for Netherlands to win it all.
    Thanks for the support mate. Nice goal by Cahill against us btw!
    My future team for Omega Ruby: Sceptile, (event shiny) Metagross, Torkoal, Altaria, Walrein, Groudon

    Proven fact: Stardust Road and Teresa Waltz from the Super Mario Galaxy CD are good lullabies. Thanks to Savanny Killersaurus for demonstrating.

    Friend Code: 2552-0309-3757
    Pokémon in my safari: Ponyta, Fletchinder, Charmeleon
    Pokémon I am looking for: none atm



  24. #6199
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Laverre City
    Posts
    3,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by torterra_4_the_win View Post
    Indeed they are, in fact, some people think that Germany's biggest rival is England, where in fact it's the Netherlands. Germany v England is still MASSIVE though. Ah 1966...



    My predictions: Brazil 2 - 3 Germany (AET) and Argentina 0 - 2 Netherlands

    Please let this be right, although I hate Germany and tipped Argentina to make the final at the start, I want Brazil out and for Netherlands to win it all.
    yeah hopefully but i don't think argentina is a team who will go scoreless in a fifa world cup match - that is one rare thing to happen probably

    so you want germany and netherlands in the final as well, well i think that's fine but i'm afraid germans might be a threat to the dutch won't they?

    anyway some predictions from other football sites

    germany 1 brazil 0 ( i don't think brazil will go scoreless)

    netherlands 2 argentina 1 ( so dutch are a favor in this year's world cup huh?)
    Last edited by SerenaForTheWin; 6th July 2014 at 10:59 AM.
    Fun facts: To those who are curious, Serena has been made as the shipper's favouritism - currently she has the most shipping pairs involving hers ( a total of 815 as of the august submission) behind her is Dawn ( with a total of 696)

    TRIVIA: Every month there is approximately 1000 new submissions on the shipping thread, and this will probably continue until all names have been used. Come generation 7 I'm pretty sure we are going to run out of names

    They're the same
        Spoiler:- open at your own risk:

    Why don't you blame others before blaming me

  25. #6200
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bobandbill View Post
    Van Persie really needs to learn what an offside is as well.
    I think that it is the defense of Costa Rica who did really great and thus made RVP end up in offside often. They were keeping their line really well, so Van Persie never really had a chance. Also a lack of communication on the Dutch side.


    Credits to Lapin (Extroph edition)

Page 248 of 265 FirstFirst ... 148198238244245246247248249250251252258 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •