Page 10 of 266 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast

Thread: Soccer Thread

How long has Steve Kean been a professional manager? Don't blame him blame Venky's as they sacked a manager with a fantastic reputation in Sam Allaryce and hired a youn up and coming manager. He had to get his break somewhere and it's not his fault that it was at a Premier League club.

How do you expect the team to perform when it's under that level of criticism? It may be the same team, but the atmosphere's totally different, the players are behind the manager but they're worried about the scrutiny which has made them too cautious and their play has suffered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bone Cold Marowak Guy View Post
    Because gen. 6 will have 126 Pokemon exactly, and show up near May 24, 2016 (give or take 3 weeks).

Quote Originally Posted by ToeyJoey View Post
    How do you expect the team to perform when it's under that level of criticism? It may be the same team, but the atmosphere's totally different, the players are behind the manager but they're worried about the scrutiny which has made them too cautious and their play has suffered.
    I don't think the atmosphere affects the players, It has only gone bad in the last 2/3 months....what was the excuse for the other 9 months?

Quote Originally Posted by reddog95 View Post
    How long has Steve Kean been a professional manager? Don't blame him blame Venky's as they sacked a manager with a fantastic reputation in Sam Allaryce and hired a youn up and coming manager. He had to get his break somewhere and it's not his fault that it was at a Premier League club.
    Venkys are the main problem, but it is not them that control some very bad decisions during match days.
    You say up and coming manager, he wasn't even an assistant manager at Rovers before he stabbed Allardyce in the back and took his job.

Teams can go through spells of problems, eg. Tim Cahill and Louis Saha not ebing able to score for Everton, which in the Blackburn case has caused the fans to turn on the manager which then leads back to my other point.
    Because gen. 6 will have 126 Pokemon exactly, and show up near May 24, 2016 (give or take 3 weeks).

How do you know he stabbed Allardyce in the back. Allardyce could've jut had trouble with the owners. Would you turn down the job If you were offered it. You can't blame Kean at all for that.

Back to the former discussion, I think Spain will win the Euros again... I mean, just look at their midfield which leaves out even David Silva.

I still think the Germans will win it. They have a better defence and that will stop Spain I think.

I don't know, I wonder how England beat them... Luck? That seems about right.

I think it's gonna be spain. Fernando Torres probably won't get in the starting lineup because of his form with chealsea( he was better of with us)
    Credit to Pika Pal Lyra

I hope that the Netherlands win, but my bet will be Germany. We (I'm dutch) only make a chance when all our good players are available. That's our biggest fail. If you look at the Spanish, the German and the English reserves, and then at the dutch ones, you can see that there is a big difference. So even when players like Van Persie and Robben are great, if they aren't there, we're just as good as Poland.

I'm just wondering, what will happen if Germany and Spain face each other again...

Credits to Lapin (Extroph edition)

Torres has been pathetic and he really should go, maybe swap him for Cahill with Bolton?

Quote Originally Posted by Assassin9399 View Post
    I hope that the Netherlands win, but my bet will be Germany. We (I'm dutch) only make a chance when all our good players are available. That's our biggest fail. If you look at the Spanish, the German and the English reserves, and then at the dutch ones, you can see that there is a big difference. So even when players like Van Persie and Robben are great, if they aren't there, we're just as good as Poland.

I'm just wondering, what will happen if Germany and Spain face each other again...
    I think Germany'd win. if they show their play as they did against the netherlands they can win against anyone.
    Now that david villa has broken his leg, I think he'll put either Callejon or llorente. Spain has some awesome subs.

Will he, (Villa,) not be alright by June?

Doctors said he wouldn't.
    Though there's always a slim chance he is fit by that time.
    I hope Afellay can play for Holland in Euro 2012.

I was impressed by him when he came on for Barcelona in last year's Champions League but the Dutch team does have some heavyweights doesn't it? Can he fit in?

Well the last games he played for the dutch national team he did very will. that was quite a while ago due to his injury.
    Well we have Kuijt and Babel for that position, so Afellay would bring some more, i don't know how to say it, inspiration?

Kuyt doesn't even play for Liverpool very much anymore... which is a shame because I like him.

He's inexhaustible, which is rare these days since everyone is injured on way or another.
    Babel is a very fast player so he could do the job I guess. He's doing well in the bundesliga as well.

I have never heard of this Babel bloke, (until now.)

Really? He used to play for Liverpool, remember?

I honestly don't, but Wikipedia seems to know a lot about him.

Speaking of Liverpool, after the players have been criticised for their Suarez shirts, Kenny has subsequently come out to defend his players for doing so.

Hard to choose a side on that one.
    If there's no proof i don't see why they gave a suarez 8 games.

Either it was a political point, that the FA stand against racism or he did do it. I don't think they would do that if he didn't do it. Innocent until proven guilty.

Looks like van Persie isn't going to get the record.
    Also, Vorm has been keeping really good, maybe something to keep in mind for the new keeper of chelsea?

Nah, Chelsea should keep faith in cech. He's consistently been one of the best keepers around for years. He's just goin through a rough patch at the minute

Page 10 of 266 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast