Page 103 of 266 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113153203 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,575 of 6645

Thread: Soccer Thread

Wonder why Nicole has been banned. Anyway...

Looking forward to the upcoming football matches. As well in Netherlands as in other European countries. Let's root for our favourite teams to do well. And i read an article on Rangers FC in the papers this afternoon. Playing in the Third Division but still having over 3000 visitors for each match. Now those people like football. No, LOVE football.
    "You need stomping. And I'm a Stomptologist."

"Trust me, any problem comes up, I'll stomp it into next week! I'll Bowserize it!"

"Count Bleck, Floro Sapiens, whatever... Stomping fools is my business! Show me a fool, and I'll stomp it! I don't even need a reason!"

^ Maybe they don't, they just love their club that much, which I must admit takes some dedication.

We can all say that we love our clubs no matter what, but it's not until the really bad times come that the men are separated from the boys.

Quote Originally Posted by ???2 View Post
    Wonder why Nicole has been banned. Anyway...

Looking forward to the upcoming football matches. As well in Netherlands as in other European countries. Let's root for our favourite teams to do well. And i read an article on Rangers FC in the papers this afternoon. Playing in the Third Division but still having over 3000 visitors for each match. Now those people like football. No, LOVE football.
    Lol I've read something about Advocaat not caring about the Europa league and saying the title is more important, I can't blame him.
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

Quote Originally Posted by The Benmeister View Post
    ^ Maybe they don't, they just love their club that much, which I must admit takes some dedication.

We can all say that we love our clubs no matter what, but it's not until the really bad times come that the men are separated from the boys.
    Sorry for bringing up my own club again, but i totally went through a situation like this. Last year against FC Twente during a home match. We were evenly matched before the match, had good hopes of winning too. But after 45 minutes PSV conceided 4 goals, losing the match 2-6. During the 15 minute break, a lot of people left as well as during the second half. The other half stayed in the stadium, no matter how painful the situation was. I was only of the people who stayed to watch that horrorshow. It's just like you said, situations like these seperate ''fans'' from the REAL fans.

Quote Originally Posted by 7 tyranitars View Post
    Lol I've read something about Advocaat not caring about the Europa league and saying the title is more important, I can't blame him.
    Agreed. The prize money in the Europe League sucks compared to the Champions League. Only thing that's important now is winning the title. And nothing else.

"Trust me, any problem comes up, I'll stomp it into next week! I'll Bowserize it!"

"Count Bleck, Floro Sapiens, whatever... Stomping fools is my business! Show me a fool, and I'll stomp it! I don't even need a reason!"

Quote Originally Posted by ???2 View Post
    Sorry for bringing up my own club again, but i totally went through a situation like this. Last year against FC Twente during a home match. We were evenly matched before the match, had good hopes of winning too. But after 45 minutes PSV conceided 4 goals, losing the match 2-6. During the 15 minute break, a lot of people left as well as during the second half. The other half stayed in the stadium, no matter how painful the situation was. I was only of the people who stayed to watch that horrorshow. It's just like you said, situations like these seperate ''fans'' from the REAL fans.

I kinda meant long-term, but that's a great short-term example. And for the record I will never ever leave a match early, and will encourage any offspring I may have to do the same. It baffles me why you would pay for a game only to leave early when the whole game can hinge on one minute.

I kinda meant long-term, but that's a great short-term example. And for the record I will never ever leave a match early, and will encourage any offspring I may have to do the same. It baffles me why you would pay for a game only to leave early when the whole game can hinge on one minute.
    Exactly. I've never been to a football match but if I were to go I'd stay for the full ninety minutes no matter what. I'm not a die-hard football fan but I do recognise that if you decide to seriously support a team you don't just bail out when things are looking bad. That really does look like you only care about your team, care about watching a match when your side is winning.

I'm one of those people that gets really into the games I go to, even if it's between two completely random teams I don't follow, and I find it odd when I stay longer than the supposed 'fans'.

Plus there's just the plain fact that it's football, and anything can happen, so if you leave early odds are you're going to miss a last minute goal or something.

EDIT: Champions League predictions:

Juventus 2-2 Chelsea
    Nordsjaelland 0-3 Shakhtar Donetsk
    BATE Borisov 2-1 Lille
    Valencia 1-1 Bayern Munich
    Spartak Moscow 1-2 Barcelona
    Benfica 1-1 Celtic
    CFR Cluj-Napoca 1-1 Braga
    Galatasaray 1-1 Man Utd

Dynamo Kiev 2-1 Paris SG
    FC Porto 5-0 Din Zagreb
    Arsenal 3-1 Montpellier
    Schalke 04 0-0 Olympiakos
    Zenit St P'sbg 2-1 Malaga
    Anderecht 1-1 AC Milan
    Ajax 1-1 Borussia Dortmund
    Man City 1-1 Real Madrid
    Last edited by The Benmeister; 20th November 2012 at 5:02 PM.

I'm one of those people that gets really into the games I go to, even if it's between two completely random teams I don't follow, and I find it odd when I stay longer than the supposed 'fans'.

Plus there's just the plain fact that it's football, and anything can happen, so if you leave early odds are you're going to miss a last minute goal or something.

EDIT: Champions League predictions:

Juventus 2-2 Chelsea
    Nordsjaelland 0-3 Shakhtar Donetsk
    BATE Borisov 2-1 Lille
    Valencia 1-1 Bayern Munich
    Spartak Moscow 1-2 Barcelona
    Benfica 1-1 Celtic
    CFR Cluj-Napoca 1-1 Braga
    Galatasaray 1-1 Man Utd

Dynamo Kiev 2-1 Paris SG
    FC Porto 5-0 Din Zagreb
    Arsenal 3-1 Montpellier
    Schalke 04 0-0 Olympiakos
    Zenit St P'sbg 2-1 Malaga
    Anderecht 1-1 AC Milan
    Ajax 1-1 Borussia Dortmund
    Man City 1-1 Real Madrid
    Aren't City playing Borussia Dortmund instead of Real this week?

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjames View Post
    Aren't City playing Borussia Dortmund instead of Real this week?
    Nope, Ajax- Borussia
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

Here's hoping Juventus vs Chelsea becomes a great game. Then tomorrow, Ajax vs Borussia. Yay.

**** the french, **** them, who the **** does Lille think they are? Conceding 7 goals to Bayern then beating BATE, no, they always ruin football, the french do, they should be banned from football because when the hell have they done anything useful, they haven't. Now we're going to have the same goddamn teams in the same goddamn knockout round in the Champions League and people will still say that this piece of **** competition is great when it really, really isn't. I just think that the handball-playing, match-fixing, time-wasting sons of *****es should get kicked out of football, **** the french and **** the Champions League, call me when the only good European league starts.
    As to what once, it now is. For this my retirement tour, let us commence, forevermore, forevermore.

Wow, how unsporting were Shakhtar tonight?

Wow, Chelsea really got rid of Di Matteo.

I weep for football's integrity.

And there's me thinking Chelsea would stop sacking managers after they won the Champions League.

Do Chelsea really think that they'll find a suitable replacement for Di Matteo? I'm really confused about that one
    Last.fm | Steam ID
    Nostalgia

Quote Originally Posted by Rezzo View Post
    Do Chelsea really think that they'll find a suitable replacement for Di Matteo? I'm really confused about that one
    They're trying to hire Rafa Benitez, so probably not.

Chelsea have got him apparently, I'll give him a year tops

Friend code White 2: 5158 1212 9002

WANTED: Kanto pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobski View Post
    Chelsea have got him apparently, I'll give him a year tops
    That estimation is probably dead-on- I've heard that Chelsea only want Benitez until the end of the season, then they'll approach Guardiola for the top job.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjames View Post
    That estimation is probably dead-on- I've heard that Chelsea only want Benitez until the end of the season, then they'll approach Guardiola for the top job.
    Yeah, according to SSN it's just 'til the end of the season. I doubt Guardiola would go to Chelsea tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Bobski View Post
    Yeah, according to SSN it's just 'til the end of the season. I doubt Guardiola would go to Chelsea tbh
    It depends if he's offered another role at the end of the season. Chelsea are a big club after all, one of the best in the Premier League. I think Guardiola would want to try and prove himself in English football. I can't picture Guardiola being successful at Chelsea though. I think he'll take the job on and then get fired after a couple of seasons.

I could see him joining & then having a disagreement with Roman leading to a resignation if that happens

City are out of the Champions League! Hala Madrid!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDTxMNowL0I

Ian Holloway should do this everytime we score, I'd LOL like a gooden if he did.

Hi everyone! Can anyone remember me? It's me Celebi_, I used to frequent here but uni's been busy, lol *is stressed out*

So I was just reading some TransferTalk and found some interesting speculation! AC Milan want Balotelli apparently, Sergio Aguero wants a Real Madrid move ( Tch *rolls eyes* ), Didier Drogba may return to Chelsea on a loan move, Liverpool want Begovic, and also Manchester United, Rovers want Friedel, it has also been revealed that because Di Matteo dropped El Nino for Chelsea's game against Juve that helped in Di Matteo's sacking.

Yeah lot's of interesting rumors going around! There's also a rumor that Madrid and United are going to do a Chicharito-Benzema swap ( Um, yeah, that's not gonna work hungry man Mourinhoe ).

In other news Manchester City were mathematically knocked out of the UEFA Champions League yesterday in their 1-1 draw with Real Madrid, which leaves them hunting for a spot in the Europa League. With that draw and Dortmund's 4-1 win over Ajax, Real Madrid, Borussia Dortmund and Barcelona ( with a 3-0 away win over Spartak Moscow ) have all mathematically clinched qualification to the Round of 16 of the competition.

Former Barcelona B and Barcelona coach Pep Guardiola is also in no rush to finish his sabbatical and has allegedly turned down all Chelsea speculation, leaving both Inter Milan and AC Milan in the race to sign the Catalan coach next Summer...

And as we all know Rafa Benitez has been appointed head coach of Chelsea, yeah the guy that won the Champions League against AC Milan in 2005 with Liverpool, but it is thought that Roman Abramovic has just hired Benitez to keep the seat warm for a summer approach for Guardiola ( which has been ruled out by those close to the Catalan ).

Oh and i'm now reading that FIFA has denied Didier Drogba permission to leave Shanghai Shenhua right now for a loan move to Chelsea, so some interesting, intriguing news right there.

On Wednesday morning, former Manchester United and Real Madrid star David Beckham had decided to quit LA Galaxy, and now that leaves a host of clubs fighting for the Englishman's signature, and the favorites in that race seems to be Allardyce's West Ham United, now will that really be a good move? For West Ham maybe, but I'm sure David wants a return to the highest level of football for what might be his last season in football?

Paris Saint Germain midfielder Javier Pastore has also been linked with a big money move to Serie A strugglers AC Milan, Milan also willing to give PSG Ignazio Abate plus 20 million for the big Argentine's services ( now will that be a good deal, trading the best Right Back in the league for Pastore? ).

Well, this has been a bored Celebi_ bringing you guys all the intriguing football news over the last couple of days, hope you all liked my effort, and if you'd like me to compile one of these every week then tell me, kay?

^ Does seem like the first post of this thread should be updated with regular football news like that. Oh well.

Suddenly, PL predictions!

Sunderland 1-2 West Brom
    Everton 1-1 Norwich
    Man Utd 6-1 QPR
    Stoke 0-0 Fulham
    Wigan 3-1 Reading
    Aston Villa 2-3 Arsenal
    Swansea 1-1 Liverpool
    Southampton 1-1 Newcastle
    Chelsea 0-2 Man City
    Tottenham 2-1 West Ham

I've actually tallied up all of my predictions so far this season, and I have not predicted a single win for Aston Villa so far!

Page 103 of 266 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113153203 ... LastLast