Page 107 of 261 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117157207 ... LastLast
Results 2,651 to 2,675 of 6502

Thread: Soccer Thread

Rayados is a name for CF Monterrey. They've won the CONCACAF championship twice in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by Buuz View Post
    Ah, that explains it. The World Tournament for clubs. Totally forgot about that competition.

The World Cup for national teams or clubs?
    FIFA World Cup, and I am not hating on him, it's true

Quote Originally Posted by Zorocario View Post
    FIFA World Cup, and I am not hating on him, it's true
    Last time was amazing. Netherlands reaching the finals and narrowly losing to Spain. Hopefully we will do well this time too. What place did Mexico end up with during the last World Cup btw?
    Looking for Dutch pokémon trainers. If you read this and are Dutch, contact me with a VM or PM. I'd like to get in touch with you. Ya know, for fun.

Friend Code: 2552-0309-3757
    Pokémon in my safari: Ponyta, Fletchinder, Charmeleon
    Pokémon I am looking for: none atm

^ Last 16, lost to Argentina. Whilst most here in England sensationalise that particular round for the 'goal that wasn't' against Germany, it has been forgotten that Argentina scored a dubious goal in their game that shouldn't have been given to put them 1-0 up.

Can't believe it's been two and half years since then.

Quote Originally Posted by The Benmeister View Post
    ^ Last 16, lost to Argentina. Whilst most here in England sensationalise that particular round for the 'goal that wasn't' against Germany, it has been forgotten that Argentina scored a dubious goal in their game that shouldn't have been given to put them 1-0 up.

Can't believe it's been two and half years since then.
    Ah yes, i remember. Argentina wasn't the only South-American country that was lucky that tournament though. Uruguay reached the semifinals thanks to that disgusting Luis Suarez making a foul in the box by grabbing the bal with his hands. Too bad Ghana didn't score that penalty they got out of it...
    Looking for Dutch pokémon trainers. If you read this and are Dutch, contact me with a VM or PM. I'd like to get in touch with you. Ya know, for fun.

Last time was amazing. Netherlands reaching the finals and narrowly losing to Spain. Hopefully we will do well this time too. What place did Mexico end up with during the last World Cup btw?
    Ah yes, that was a great match. I seriously hope Brazil 2014 is way better, South Africa 2010 was a little underwhelming IMO.
    Last edited by Zorocario; 10th December 2012 at 2:52 PM.

Or that amazing game against Brasil. Will never forget that match lol. I still remember that happyness I felt, only to be destroyed by iniesta a few days later. :/
    Last edited by 7 tyranitars; 10th December 2012 at 2:37 PM.
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

Quote Originally Posted by 7 tyranitars View Post
    Or that amazing game against Brasil. Will never forget that match lol.
    Boy how COULD we forget? Stekelenburg had an amazing save on that shot from Kaka, Ooijer played his best match ever and Sneijder made a perfect 2-1 with his head. The smallest player on the field scored with his freakin' head! Too bad Inter is screwing him over right now. He really should move to United or something...

Probably one of the greatest matches i have ever seen, together with the 10-0 victory of PSV against Feyenoord a few years back.

Boy how COULD we forget? Stekelenburg had an amazing save on that shot from Kaka, Ooijer played his best match ever and Sneijder made a perfect 2-1 with his head. The smallest player on the field scored with his freakin' head! Too bad Inter is screwing him over right now. He really should move to United or something...

Probably one of the greatest matches i have ever seen, together with the 10-0 victory of PSV against Feyenoord a few years back.
    Sneijder is going to PSG I've been told.

My favourite memory of South Africa 2010 was New Zealand's equaliser against Slovakia. Just seeing how much it meant to the team and Winston Reid, is what football is all about.

I think the best game I remember seeing at that World Cup also involved Slovakia, the 3-2 win over Italy.

Quote Originally Posted by The Benmeister View Post
    My favourite memory of South Africa 2010 was New Zealand's equaliser against Slovakia. Just seeing how much it meant to the team and Winston Reid, is what football is all about.

I think the best game I remember seeing at that World Cup also involved Slovakia, the 3-2 win over Italy.
    One of the things I enjoyed most about the 2010 World Cup was the goal Maicon scored against North Korea, in my opinion one of the most amazing goals of the tournament and one of the greatest I have ever witnessed in my life.
    Last edited by Zorocario; 10th December 2012 at 3:06 PM.

One of the things I enjoyed most about the 2010 World Cup was the goal Maicon scored against North Korea, in my opinion one of the most amazing goals of the tournament and one of the greatest I have ever witnessed in my life.
    By witnessed do you mean being there live? Or did you see it on your TV ?
    And yeah that goal was awesome but I thought he was a bit lucky and I don't know if he meant to score

Yeah but Italia sucked the whole tournament. It was a cool game though. I personally think the best match was Spain-Germany. They both are really good teams. The final was great too, but it sucks the Dutch team didn't win it.
        Spoiler:- DD stuff:

Sneijder is going to PSG I've been told.
    Well, that's what more people say. Maybe we should wait until it's official.

Actually PSG can buy any player so don't trust all those rumours, but it can be true o:, Sneijder should leave Inter

My favorite goal was Van Bronkhorst's goal in the match against Uruguay.

Quote Originally Posted by treeckotrainer View Post
    Yeah but Italia sucked the whole tournament. It was a cool game though. I personally think the best match was Spain-Germany. They both are really good teams. The final was great too, but it sucks the Dutch team didn't win it.
    Please don't remind me of the finals .

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewChamp View Post
    By witnessed do you mean being there live? Or did you see it on your TV ?
    And yeah that goal was awesome but I thought he was a bit lucky and I don't know if he meant to score
    On my TV, and it was still pretty cool regardless if it was a lucky goal. CR7's goal, now that was pure luck, lol.

My favorite goal was Van Bronkhorst's goal in the match against Uruguay.

Please don't remind me of the finals .
    Dude, as painful as it is, Spain was better. But if Robben scored that goal when he was 1 on 1 with Casillas, who knows what would've happened. We were REALLY lucky De Jong didn't receive a red card for that foul where he planted his foot on somebody's chest. And i agree, that goal in the match against Uruguay was one of the best i saw that tournament. Probably tied with the goal Maicon from Brasil made in one of the earlier rounds.

Was the Maicon goal the one where he was to the right of the goal and just sort of curled it in with the outside of his foot? I think that was a goal that Brazil scored and that was amazing.

I wanted the Netherlands to win that final against Spain. I've liked them ever since Euro '08 when they beat Italy 3-0 and France 4-1 in the group stages. Shame about their performance in Euro '12.

Oh, and this is a nice little story http://eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/wor...152055117.html
    Last edited by Ninjames; 11th December 2012 at 9:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjames View Post
    Was the Maicon goal the one where he was to the right of the goal and just sort of curled it in with the outside of his foot? I think that was a goal that Brazil scored and that was amazing.

I wanted the Netherlands to win that final against Spain. I've liked them ever since Euro '08 when they beat Italy 3-0 and France 4-1 in the group stages. Shame about their performance in Euro '12.

Oh, and this is a nice little story http://eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/wor...152055117.html
    Yeah, that one. He was near the corner when he made that goal. He was pretty much on the exact same line as the goal. Amazing shot.

Yeah, that one. He was near the corner when he made that goal. He was pretty much on the exact same line as the goal. Amazing shot.
    I thought it was that goal. I don't think he meant it, he probably just got lucky with the cross.

I miss the World Cup. I remember the day of the opening game between South Africa and Mexico. I was so excited that whole day that I felt a bit ill. I think I was the only person that liked the vuvuzelas as well, I wanted to buy one but I couldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjames View Post
    I thought it was that goal. I don't think he meant it, he probably just got lucky with the cross.

I miss the World Cup. I remember the day of the opening game between South Africa and Mexico. I was so excited that whole day that I felt a bit ill. I think I was the only person that liked the vuvuzelas as well, I wanted to buy one but I couldn't.
    That was actually the only thing i DIDN'T like about the tournament. Stupid African people, they should shove those stupid vuvuzela's up their stupid ***es. Let's see if they can make the same amount of noise then.

You know, if they did, i would actually get worried about our ozone layer. Rayquaza definitely wouldn't appreciate it.

Yeah the vuvuzela's were irritating but if I focused on watching the game I kinda didn't hear those vuvuzela's, only if someone else said it o:

The 2010 World Cup was probably average enough, bar Spain and Germany, but it definitely had the most memorable finals incident imo, that penalty by Gyan Asamoah

Chelsea are through to the Club World Cup final after defeating Monterrey 3-1.

Page 107 of 261 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117157207 ... LastLast