Page 108 of 266 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112118158208 ... LastLast
Results 2,676 to 2,700 of 6645

Thread: Soccer Thread

  1. #2676
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    597

    Default

    My favourite part of 2010 World Cup was New Zealand being the only undefeated team in the whole tournament.
    As to what once, it now is. For this my retirement tour, let us commence, forevermore, forevermore.

  2. #2677
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    England, United Kingdom
    Posts
    389

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Armando Payne View Post
    My favourite part of 2010 World Cup was New Zealand being the only undefeated team in the whole tournament.
    That's an excellent achievement for New Zealand, especially since they aren't really a huge team and I don't think they even got past the group stages. I think it was also New Zealand who scored a late goal in one of their group games to either get a draw or a win. That was a good moment, gotta love late goals.

  3. #2678
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    50

    Default

    My favorite moment of The World Cup was the moment were Suarez of Uruguay saved the ball with his hands right on the line of the goal. It was 1-1 at that moment I think, and Suarez got a red card ofcourse but the penalty was missed and Uruguay won in the end.

  4. #2679
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    the Netherlands
    Posts
    416

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewChamp View Post
    My favorite moment of The World Cup was the moment were Suarez of Uruguay saved the ball with his hands right on the line of the goal. It was 1-1 at that moment I think, and Suarez got a red card ofcourse but the penalty was missed and Uruguay won in the end.
    Yeah i remember that. Too bad the opponents didn't take revenge by scoring that penalty against scumbag Suarez.
    "You need stomping. And I'm a Stomptologist."

    "Trust me, any problem comes up, I'll stomp it into next week! I'll Bowserize it!"

    "Count Bleck, Floro Sapiens, whatever... Stomping fools is my business! Show me a fool, and I'll stomp it! I don't even need a reason!"



  5. #2680
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewChamp View Post
    My favorite moment of The World Cup was the moment were Suarez of Uruguay saved the ball with his hands right on the line of the goal. It was 1-1 at that moment I think, and Suarez got a red card ofcourse but the penalty was missed and Uruguay won in the end.
    Suarez would be dead if he did that against England.

  6. #2681
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    597

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewChamp View Post
    My favorite moment of The World Cup was the moment were Suarez of Uruguay saved the ball with his hands right on the line of the goal. It was 1-1 at that moment I think, and Suarez got a red card ofcourse but the penalty was missed and Uruguay won in the end.
    Go. Die. Now. I'm sorry, when people like other people who bend the rules, I get upset, I like teams which don't get cheated. (I also don't like Chelsea, That One French Person and Maradona for the same reason.)
    As to what once, it now is. For this my retirement tour, let us commence, forevermore, forevermore.

  7. #2682
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    The United States of Kingdom
    Posts
    5,494

    Default

    To be fair, Ghana could have scored their penalty but they didn't. I suspect many players would have done a similar thing to save their country. Not honourable but still.

    Anyway, dem predictions:

    Newcastle 1-3 Man City
    Liverpool 3-2 Aston Villa
    Man Utd 2-0 Sunderland
    Norwich 2-1 Wigan
    QPR 1-2 Fulham
    Stoke 1-1 Everton
    Tottenham 1-1 Swansea
    West Brom 3-2 West Ham
    Reading 0-0 Arsenal

  8. #2683
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    the Netherlands
    Posts
    416

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RevengeHitokage View Post
    Suarez would be dead if he did that against England.
    He plays for Liverpool now? Please, if there is an Arceus, PLEASE. Let Suarez pull off another crazy stunt like that one. Please.

    Quote Originally Posted by Armando Payne View Post
    Go. Die. Now. I'm sorry, when people like other people who bend the rules, I get upset, I like teams which don't get cheated. (I also don't like Chelsea, That One French Person and Maradona for the same reason.)
    Zinedine Zidane? Just guessing here... Though Family Guy made a pretty good joke about him. Anyone remember the birthday-telegram from Zinedine Zidane Stewie once mentioned?
    "You need stomping. And I'm a Stomptologist."

    "Trust me, any problem comes up, I'll stomp it into next week! I'll Bowserize it!"

    "Count Bleck, Floro Sapiens, whatever... Stomping fools is my business! Show me a fool, and I'll stomp it! I don't even need a reason!"



  9. #2684
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    England, United Kingdom
    Posts
    389

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buuz View Post
    Zinedine Zidane? Just guessing here... Though Family Guy made a pretty good joke about him. Anyone remember the birthday-telegram from Zinedine Zidane Stewie once mentioned?
    I'm not much of a Family Guy watcher so I'm gonna have a wild stab in the dark here; does Zidane end up headbutting somebody?

  10. #2685
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    The United States of Kingdom
    Posts
    5,494

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ninjames View Post
    I'm not much of a Family Guy watcher so I'm gonna have a wild stab in the dark here; does Zidane end up headbutting somebody?
    Ding ding ding!

  11. #2686
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    the Netherlands
    Posts
    416

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Benmeister View Post
    Ding ding ding!
    ''*old lady opens door* Yes?''

    BAM! *headbutt to the chest*

    ''Bonne anniversaire...'' *walks away*
    "You need stomping. And I'm a Stomptologist."

    "Trust me, any problem comes up, I'll stomp it into next week! I'll Bowserize it!"

    "Count Bleck, Floro Sapiens, whatever... Stomping fools is my business! Show me a fool, and I'll stomp it! I don't even need a reason!"



  12. #2687
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Armando Payne View Post
    Go. Die. Now. I'm sorry, when people like other people who bend the rules, I get upset, I like teams which don't get cheated. (I also don't like Chelsea, That One French Person and Maradona for the same reason.)
    What would you have done if you know the only thing you can do is save the ball with your hands ?
    If that is cheating then getting red and yellow cards for tackles are also cheating , it's just part of the game you know

  13. #2688

    Default

    On the 'hot topic' there is no way Roberto should have been sacked! He took chelsea to champions lge glory for their first time ever and the team made a grea start in the premier lge. But i guess Roman hasn't learned his lesson - managers need time! Just look at Manchester United, Fergie was going to be sacked before he won he first piece of silverware for the club and now we have more prem titles than any other club.
    As for the January transfer market, whoever gets Falcao (will probably be Chelsea) has got a great player.
    Romours are still going round about Lewandowski moving to Manchester United, but he is not needed (RVP, Rooney, Hernandez, Welbeck...) what United need is a centre back to replace the ever-injured Vidic and ever-aging Ferdinand to stop the flow of goals at the wrong end, plus a centre midfielder like De Rossi, Snieder or Schweinsteiger.
    Liverpool need someone to partner Suarez, Demba Ba looks like a good bet for Ł7m but i have heard that the clause in his ontrat is only for a champions lge club.

    More will be coming... (if i can be bothered)
    Everything seems normal, with Joe and Adam venturing on their quest through Kanto, but what is the mysterious Team Storm planning?

    Pokemon: Kanto Legends

    Come on the Mighty Infernape!

  14. #2689
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Armando Payne View Post
    Go. Die. Now. I'm sorry, when people like other people who bend the rules, I get upset, I like teams which don't get cheated. (I also don't like Chelsea, That One French Person and Maradona for the same reason.)
    I don't think it's *really* breaking rules per se. Yes, he did break the rules with the last minute handball, but he did get red-carded for it. Ghana didn't convert their penalty, and the rest as they say is history.

    I guess it's the same with the recent Luiz Adriano goal for Shakhtar vs. Nordsjaelland in the Champions Cup. No written word in the rule which says a 50-50 ball can't be stopped by a striker, but he took it, and converted it, and later got penalized for it (though the goal still stood). Lots of rules that have to be written if we're going to define a clear line between black and white.
    Pokemon Black 2

    Taking one step at a time, I will find my feet here

    Friend Code: 1979 8219 9783

  15. #2690
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by infernape100 View Post
    On the 'hot topic' there is no way Roberto should have been sacked! He took chelsea to champions lge glory for their first time ever and the team made a grea start in the premier lge. But i guess Roman hasn't learned his lesson - managers need time! Just look at Manchester United, Fergie was going to be sacked before he won he first piece of silverware for the club and now we have more prem titles than any other club.
    As for the January transfer market, whoever gets Falcao (will probably be Chelsea) has got a great player.
    Romours are still going round about Lewandowski moving to Manchester United, but he is not needed (RVP, Rooney, Hernandez, Welbeck...) what United need is a centre back to replace the ever-injured Vidic and ever-aging Ferdinand to stop the flow of goals at the wrong end, plus a centre midfielder like De Rossi, Snieder or Schweinsteiger.
    Liverpool need someone to partner Suarez, Demba Ba looks like a good bet for Ł7m but i have heard that the clause in his ontrat is only for a champions lge club.

    More will be coming... (if i can be bothered)
    The problem is when clubs like Chelsea spend an obscene amount of cash to buy players for today, not tomorrow. So surely he expects the manager to be winning something there and then, it's like instant huge investments = instant success. Fergie had time to raise his youngsters (the golden generation of Giggs, Scholes, Becks, etc.) , but clubs like Chelsea and City mainly buy tried and proven players (proven in England as they say is another story), so they expect instant success. Clubs like City and Chelsea don't have a lot of players who personify the club. Chelsea had two (Lamps and Terry), and they both look like they won't play a major role in the future anymore, especially with Lampard's transfer rumours.

    I agree it's not a good business model, but isn't that what FFP is meant to address?

    I do hope Liverpool get Ba, I don't think Shelvey can cover for another Suarez incident again in the future, and we still need Borini to find his form after he recovers from injury. Whatever happened to the Huntelaar rumours?
    Pokemon Black 2

    Taking one step at a time, I will find my feet here

    Friend Code: 1979 8219 9783

  16. #2691
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    England, United Kingdom
    Posts
    389

    Default

    CWC final tomorrow morning. I'm expecting Chelsea to win.

  17. #2692
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    The United States of Kingdom
    Posts
    5,494

    Default

    Wow, good Saturday of predictions for me, three correct scores, think that's my personal best.

    As for the CWC final, I've seen Corinthians play and they'll put up a good fight for at least a while, but Chelsea should just have enough.

  18. #2693
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    the Netherlands
    Posts
    416

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Benmeister View Post
    Wow, good Saturday of predictions for me, three correct scores, think that's my personal best.

    As for the CWC final, I've seen Corinthians play and they'll put up a good fight for at least a while, but Chelsea should just have enough.
    Personally, i hope Corinthians pull of a huge stunt and beat Chelsea in an exciting game.

    And meanwhile in the Netherlands, PSV played a draw against NEC Nijmegen, 1-1. After we scored the first goal in the first two minutes of the game, we got a huge amount of chances but the strikers didn't score any more goals. And yeah, when you don't score yourself you can be damn sure your opponent will. Luckily we're still on top in the Dutch Eredivisie.. '-.-
    "You need stomping. And I'm a Stomptologist."

    "Trust me, any problem comes up, I'll stomp it into next week! I'll Bowserize it!"

    "Count Bleck, Floro Sapiens, whatever... Stomping fools is my business! Show me a fool, and I'll stomp it! I don't even need a reason!"



  19. #2694
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Surrounded by 10,000 lakes
    Posts
    1,246

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ninjames View Post
    Chelsea are through to the Club World Cup final after defeating Monterrey 3-1.
    Yeah, damn! Well one of our players screwed up by scoring in his own goal, if that wouldn't have happened it probably would have ended 2-1 or something. Not to mention Humberto Suazo wasn't playing, his presence and leadership were absent and would've made a difference. Now we have Corinthians vs Chelsea to look forward to. I don't know about this one. As much as I despise Chelsea, I'm going with them for the win.
    Last edited by Zorocario; 16th December 2012 at 10:21 AM.

  20. #2695
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    England, United Kingdom
    Posts
    389

    Default

    Match highlight for me so far was when Guerrero deliberately caught the ball after feeling he was fouled by Luiz long before the referee decided whether to blow the whistle. The ref then gave a free kick to Chelsea. That was sort of funny.

  21. #2696

    Default

    Wow! Chelsea are going to lose this one, that is a huge shock. And now cahill is sent off... Bye Bentiez


    HAHAHAHAHAHA offside goal! good decision by the linesman. Anyone know what happened with the cahill incident?
    Last edited by infernape100; 16th December 2012 at 1:21 PM.
    Everything seems normal, with Joe and Adam venturing on their quest through Kanto, but what is the mysterious Team Storm planning?

    Pokemon: Kanto Legends

    Come on the Mighty Infernape!

  22. #2697
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    England, United Kingdom
    Posts
    389

    Default

    If Chelsea had played well then I think they would have won. The European champions were poor.

    I'd like to know what Cahill was sent off for. No doubt there will be some replays soon.
    Last edited by Ninjames; 16th December 2012 at 1:34 PM.

  23. #2698
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    597

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buuz View Post
    Zinedine Zidane? Just guessing here... Though Family Guy made a pretty good joke about him. Anyone remember the birthday-telegram from Zinedine Zidane Stewie once mentioned?
    No, the other one, the one who screwed a good team out of the 2010 world cup, the one who played handball and got away with it because UEFA and FIFA are managed by brainless spineless cowards who don't know a damn thing about decency, respect and the rules of the beautiful game.
    As to what once, it now is. For this my retirement tour, let us commence, forevermore, forevermore.

  24. #2699
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    England, United Kingdom
    Posts
    389

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Armando Payne View Post
    No, the other one, the one who screwed a good team out of the 2010 world cup, the one who played handball and got away with it because UEFA and FIFA are managed by brainless spineless cowards who don't know a damn thing about decency, respect and the rules of the beautiful game.
    Ah, Henry!

    Karma got its revenge on France anyway, they had a dreadful World Cup campaign.

  25. #2700
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    the Netherlands
    Posts
    416

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Armando Payne View Post
    No, the other one, the one who screwed a good team out of the 2010 world cup, the one who played handball and got away with it because UEFA and FIFA are managed by brainless spineless cowards who don't know a damn thing about decency, respect and the rules of the beautiful game.
    Thierry Henry, yeah i remember that one!

    And i just read the news: Corinthians beat Chelsea with 1-0. Awesome, and congratulations to the club and its fans! ^^
    "You need stomping. And I'm a Stomptologist."

    "Trust me, any problem comes up, I'll stomp it into next week! I'll Bowserize it!"

    "Count Bleck, Floro Sapiens, whatever... Stomping fools is my business! Show me a fool, and I'll stomp it! I don't even need a reason!"



Page 108 of 266 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112118158208 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •