Page 110 of 266 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120160210 ... LastLast
Results 2,726 to 2,750 of 6645

Thread: Soccer Thread

Quote Originally Posted by 7 tyranitars View Post
    Sc Cambuur.

Anyway not an Ajax fan, but after what those people from Steaua said, I am hoping steaua will get crushed.
    Yeah i heard. They underestimate Ajax. I'm not exactly a fan of them either, but i hope they seriously kick some Steaua butt!

And in the next round, PSV will face Feyenoord for the Dutch cup's quarterfinals. Anyone remember the legendary 10-0 victory from two years ago?
    "You need stomping. And I'm a Stomptologist."

"Trust me, any problem comes up, I'll stomp it into next week! I'll Bowserize it!"

"Count Bleck, Floro Sapiens, whatever... Stomping fools is my business! Show me a fool, and I'll stomp it! I don't even need a reason!"

Weekend predictions:

Wigan 2-3 Arsenal
    Man City 6-0 Reading
    Newcastle 2-2 QPR
    Southampton 2-2 Sunderland
    Tottenham 2-0 Stoke
    West Brom 1-2 Norwich
    West Ham 0-0 Everton
    Liverpool 1-0 Fulham
    Swansea 0-1 Man Utd
    Chelsea 2-0 Aston Villa

Ah Christmas, the time of year for an insane amount of English football!

Quote Originally Posted by Buuz View Post
    Yeah i heard. They underestimate Ajax. I'm not exactly a fan of them either, but i hope they seriously kick some Steaua butt!

And in the next round, PSV will face Feyenoord for the Dutch cup's quarterfinals. Anyone remember the legendary 10-0 victory from two years ago?
    Exactly, it feels like they didn't just insult Ajax, but Dutch football as a whole. And yes that was a fantastic moment. It was the moment Feyenoord hit rock bottem.
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

Exactly, it feels like they didn't just insult Ajax, but Dutch football as a whole. And yes that was a fantastic moment. It was the moment Feyenoord hit rock bottem.
    Hah, i hope Ajax kick their sorry ***es all the way back to Eastern Europe. Arrogant ***holes. >.>

And the last matches before the winter break have begun. PSV destroyed NAC with 1-6, rising to the top of the league and with the most goals scored of pretty much all European teams. Even more than Barca. ^^
    Last edited by Buuz; 23rd December 2012 at 7:45 AM. Reason: PSV won yesterday!

"Trust me, any problem comes up, I'll stomp it into next week! I'll Bowserize it!"

"Count Bleck, Floro Sapiens, whatever... Stomping fools is my business! Show me a fool, and I'll stomp it! I don't even need a reason!"

Watched the West Ham - Everton highlights. Absolutely riddled with refereeing errors. Those red cards should never have been awarded.

Hah, i hope Ajax kick their sorry ***es all the way back to Eastern Europe. Arrogant ***holes. >.>

And the last matches before the winter break have begun. PSV destroyed NAC with 1-6, rising to the top of the league and with the most goals scored of pretty much all European teams. Even more than Barca. ^^
    Yep I hope Ajax kicks them all the way back to their craphole.

Yeah that was fantastic. Good win, now hope they keep it up.

Fantastic moment?
    It was terrible, I'll never forget it... Mostly because it happened on my birthday though, October 24.

But we got over it and we're doing just fine now, we have a good, young team and we're competing for a top spot.
    And today 2 matches to watch, Feyenoord - Groningen and Swansea - Man United.

Quote Originally Posted by Escalion View Post
    Fantastic moment?
    It was terrible, I'll never forget it... Mostly because it happened on my birthday though, October 24.

But we got over it and we're doing just fine now, we have a good, young team and we're competing for a top spot.
    And today 2 matches to watch, Feyenoord - Groningen and Swansea - Man United.
    I take it you're a Feyenoord fan? Your striker, Graziano Pelle, is doing great. Made two very important goals today. A nice accomplishment for FC Utrecht too, they kept Ajax at a 0-0 result in their home match today.

Chelsea 8-0 Aston Villa. Wow.

Ahahaha, Galatasaray drew 0-0 with Trabzonspor today! Good thing!

Number of Genwunners = 100
    Number of people accused of being a Genwunner = 100 000 000 000 000 000
    Number of people complaning about Genwunners = 100 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjames View Post
    Chelsea 8-0 Aston Villa. Wow.
    upset doesn't even cut it. But I knew our run would come to an end, and I still have faith in Lambert, he's building something and despite the stupid fickle fans who keep calling for his head I think we'll be great with him in charge!

My shiny pokemon: as well as shiny Snivy I got from some randomer japanese guy over the GTS
    Y Friend Code 2793-1497-1708
    Friend Safari: Poison, Gloom, Muk and Garbodor!

Play Ocarina Of Time. Get to Ganon. Replace Ganon with Emboar and tell me he doesn't fit right in? The truth is out, Ganon has escaped, and is now in the form of a Pokemon!!!

Spoiler:- Credits:

^Dude your worse then me, I should know I support Walsall and I swear to God as a Brummie I'll be pissed off if you beat Bradford, because you cannot screw up the way I like football (Giving Chelsea a 8 goal advantage in the Goal Difference and drawing with West Brom, you do know you're a Midlander right? Not a Londoner or a Manchunian? Manchurian? Manchester-person. So yeah think about yourself before the rich shots? But what else do you expect when you face a Premiership team with an Isthmian Premier League team.
    As to what once, it now is. For this my retirement tour, let us commence, forevermore, forevermore.

Hi my name's MidnightGengar and well...I guess I stumbled upon this forum's football thread! This is awesome! When I joined yesterday I thought there was gonna be no football! Well, I guess I should introduce myself...I'm a Barcelona fan and I've watched Spanish football since I was a little kid, and Lionel Messi is one of my favourite players! Before Leo became well-known the man known as Zinadine Zidane, who I guess is one of the causes of me falling in love with football when I saw him play for the first time at Real Madrid in a Real Madrid-Sevilla game where he scored 3 goals in a 4-2 win for Madrid in 2006.

So yeah, glad to be here in the Football Thread!
    Last edited by MidnightGengar; 24th December 2012 at 2:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Swampert View Post
    upset doesn't even cut it. But I knew our run would come to an end, and I still have faith in Lambert, he's building something and despite the stupid fickle fans who keep calling for his head I think we'll be great with him in charge!
    Yeah, all good things must come to an end (though not usually in such brutal fashion). MotD said it was a young Aston Villa side (and the result would reflect that) but I don't get why Lambert would play a young, inexperienced side against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge. Maybe that's what the anti-Lambert crowd aren't happy with?

My advice is to just use social media e.g. Facebook as little as possible over the next day or so. When we lost 6-1 to City I know that Facebook was not a good place to be. xD

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightGengar View Post
    Hi my name's MidnightGengar and well...I guess I stumbled upon this forum's football thread! This is awesome! When I joined yesterday I thought there was gonna be no football! Well, I guess I should introduce myself...I'm a Barcelona fan and I've watched Spanish football since I was a little kid, and Lionel Messi is one of my favourite players! Before Leo became well-known the man known as Zinadine Zidane, who I guess is one of the causes of me falling in love with football when I saw him play for the first time at Real Madrid in a Real Madrid-Sevilla game where he scored 3 goals in a 4-2 win for Madrid in 2006.

This thread has had a lot of Spanish football lovers give themselves a bad name, hopefully you're a breath of fresh air!

So in amongst all this festive football I think I might pop to an FA Cup game in January, with Aldershot, Crawley and Crystal Palace possible destinations.

Also Sir Alex's comments earlier were just ridiculous.

Don't worry, I'm sure you guys will like me.

Yeah I don't get Sir Alex's comments, it looks like he's getting senile, and I'm saying this about my favourite manager.

He was still mad about the incident (he did say all that stuff in the post-match interview) so he spoke without thinking. I do wonder though, did Sir Alex even see the incident when it happened? He was obviously angry about it after the game but I wonder if he missed it at the time and was shown a replay of what happened before he was interviewed. Evidently he was furious about it but I didn't see him showing that when the game was on. The incident did happen after the whistle was blown so it's possible he was conversing with coaching assistants etc.

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightGengar View Post

Well at least you don't seem like a diehard Barca fan, that's good. (I mean the whole mentioning Real Madrid in a positive light and not going all grrr. Aaargh, like the others do. Still this is the football thread and I have no idea why I comment here, considering I support Walsall an' all.)
    As to what once, it now is. For this my retirement tour, let us commence, forevermore, forevermore.

I take it you're a Feyenoord fan? Your striker, Graziano Pelle, is doing great. Made two very important goals today. A nice accomplishment for FC Utrecht too, they kept Ajax at a 0-0 result in their home match today.
    Yeah, I'm a Feyenoord fan. Have been one since forever.
    And Pelle really is on fire yes, and he's even more important than Guidetti last year.
    Never though that would happen at the start of the season, but I'm happy it turns out this way ^_^

Well since we are half way done let's see how the top leagues are doing.

La Liga, well since Barca got such a big lead over Real, they will win. One of the most boring leagues in the world in my opinion because you can basicly flip a coin on who will win, Real, or Barcalona.
    Premier League, half way MU is leading but with MC close to them, I personaly hope MU get's the titel this year, mainly because of RvP
    Bundesliga: Seems like Bayern Munchen got a 9 point lead over the number 2 Bayer Leverkusen. They should have no problem defending that lead.
    Serie A, Juventus got quite a lead but I don't think this is over yet.
    Ligue 1, This actualy quite an interesting league, with PSG, O' Lyon and Marseile tied at 38 points, this will be an interesting league to watch
    Primeira liga, This will probably be two way battle betwen Benfica and Porto
    Eredivisie, There are basicly 5 clubs who got the most chance on winning. With in my opinion PSV and Ajax got the most chance of them all.

Looking forward to the Swansea game this afternoon.
    And might just watch Liverpool this evening too.

I can understand some players/managers wanting a winter break.
    But as a soccer fan I sure am glad I can watch some sweet games while the Eredivisie is on hold ^_^

@7 tyranitars: Agreed with your opinion there.
    Think in the end PSG will win Ligue 1 though.
    And I really hope Feyenoord can seriously challange for the title.

Quote Originally Posted by Escalion View Post
    Looking forward to the Swansea game this afternoon.
    And might just watch Liverpool this evening too.

I can understand some players/managers wanting a winter break.
    But as a soccer fan I sure am glad I can watch some sweet games while the Eredivisie is on hold ^_^

@7 tyranitars: Agreed with your opinion there.
    Think in the end PSG will win Ligue 1 though.
    And I really hope Feyenoord can seriously challange for the title.
    I hope PSV will win :P.

Manchester United 4-3 Newcastle United FT

By far the best football match I've seen in quite a while! United's defence is atrocious though, they really need to focus, but their attack is as good as ever. They won with Ryan Giggs on the pitch a well, good for them. City ended up losing 1-0 too, so United clear by 7 points in the Premier League. If I were Sir Alex though, I'd buy some defenders in the January market, because against Real Madrid, United may be made to suffer as things are.

Is it ethical for Schalke 04 to sell a seat for 250 euro for the Champions League last 16? Man, they must be reallllyyy scared of the Turks.

Number of Genwunners = 100
    Number of people accused of being a Genwunner = 100 000 000 000 000 000
    Number of people complaning about Genwunners = 100 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000

I hope PSV will win :P.
    Personally, I think PSV is the strongest team and expect them to win too.
    But I don't really care who wins, I'm more than happy if Feyenoord can challenge for the title till the end of the season.
    Any position that gives the right to go into Europe immediately is a win for me.

And I really missed out on a good game it seems.
    I've been watching Swansea draw 0-0 against Reading.
    Swansea played well in my opinion and missed some sitters, should have won imho, but couldn't possible be as spectacular as the ManU game.

Page 110 of 266 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120160210 ... LastLast