Page 111 of 265 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121161211 ... LastLast
Results 2,751 to 2,775 of 6618

Thread: Soccer Thread

Quote Originally Posted by 7 tyranitars View Post
    I hope PSV will win :P.
    So do i, haha. But first, defeating Feyenoord for the national cup! Won't be easy, but at least a lot more challenging than the previous rounds.
    My future team for Omega Ruby: Sceptile, (event shiny) Metagross, Torkoal, Altaria, Walrein, Groudon

Proven fact: Stardust Road and Teresa Waltz from the Super Mario Galaxy CD are good lullabies. Thanks to Savanny Killersaurus for demonstrating.

Friend Code: 2552-0309-3757
    Pokémon in my safari: Ponyta, Fletchinder, Charmeleon
    Pokémon I am looking for: none atm

I think refereeing is really starting to deteriorate, because, me observing the Manchester United-Newcastle United game, United were robbed a penalty, Colocini escaped a red card, Ryan Giggs escaped a red, Newcastle were awarded a controversial goal, man...It was a great game to watch as a neutral beside those bad decisions though. I think the game has to become a little bit ( A LITTLE BIT ) more robotic to help the referees make more accurate decisions, less human error. Mind you, I didn't say completely robotic, but just a little, and I think that would benefit the game a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightGengar View Post
    Manchester United 4-3 Newcastle United FT

By far the best football match I've seen in quite a while! United's defence is atrocious though, they really need to focus, but their attack is as good as ever. They won with Ryan Giggs on the pitch a well, good for them. City ended up losing 1-0 too, so United clear by 7 points in the Premier League. If I were Sir Alex though, I'd buy some defenders in the January market, because against Real Madrid, United may be made to suffer as things are.
    Rooney got injured again, and twice in a single season to boot that's what you call bad hax. This was a good match filled with suspense and excitement, but just about every match United has played this season has been like this. It wasn't a "pretty" victory, but points are points.

Yeah, Ferguson desperately needs to fix the defense. But I'm pretty sure they can take on Real Madrid, considering the sub par season they are having.
    Last edited by Zorocario; 27th December 2012 at 12:10 AM.

Im back.
    Liverpool F-ed up.
    Credit to Pika Pal Lyra

An unnamed Russian club (guess who?) has matched Lionel Messi's release clause of €250 million and Barcelona are contractually obliged to accept it- but Messi has to agree to the move for it to go ahead, and he's proven loyalty to the Catalans by signing a two-year contract extension.

^I'm guessing Rotor Volgograd is the Russian team. Anyways, ladies and gentlemen, my team's going up baby, yeah, just gotta win our next matches without losing then we'll be in the Championship because Walsall are invincible baby, yeah.
    As to what once, it now is. For this my retirement tour, let us commence, forevermore, forevermore.

What's your source on the Messi thing um...Ninjames? I'd like to read it, thanks.

I see Liverpool are improving a bit under Rogers, awesome for them! Just a little more work and splashing some cash in January and Liverpool may get into a Europa League spot for next season.

What's your source on the Messi thing um...Ninjames? I'd like to read it, thanks.

I see Liverpool are improving a bit under Rogers, awesome for them! Just a little more work and splashing some cash in January and Liverpool may get into a Europa League spot for next season.
    El Mundo Deportivo is the original source, according to all the other news sites here.
    They said Messi refused a 30 million/year offer, but did use the interest to get the maximum out the negotiations with Barcelona.

For those who can read Spanish: original source
    Last edited by Escalion; 27th December 2012 at 5:22 PM.

I think refereeing is really starting to deteriorate, because, me observing the Manchester United-Newcastle United game, United were robbed a penalty, Colocini escaped a red card, Ryan Giggs escaped a red, Newcastle were awarded a controversial goal, man...It was a great game to watch as a neutral beside those bad decisions though. I think the game has to become a little bit ( A LITTLE BIT ) more robotic to help the referees make more accurate decisions, less human error. Mind you, I didn't say completely robotic, but just a little, and I think that would benefit the game a lot!
    It's not just in England. All across the globe refs are making bad decisions. Heck, here in the Netherlands, players and coaches aren't even allowed to protest against a ref's decision. They'll receive a yellow card just for waving their arms or get sent away. But that decision followed after a referee was kicked to death. My point is: it's okay if they want to follow the rules, but they should be more accurate (like you said).
    My future team for Omega Ruby: Sceptile, (event shiny) Metagross, Torkoal, Altaria, Walrein, Groudon

Proven fact: Stardust Road and Teresa Waltz from the Super Mario Galaxy CD are good lullabies. Thanks to Savanny Killersaurus for demonstrating.

Quote Originally Posted by Buuz View Post
    It's not just in England. All across the globe refs are making bad decisions. Heck, here in the Netherlands, players and coaches aren't even allowed to protest against a ref's decision. They'll receive a yellow card just for waving their arms or get sent away. But that decision followed after a referee was kicked to death. My point is: it's okay if they want to follow the rules, but they should be more accurate (like you said).
    I didn't know that about the Netherlands but I suppose it makes sense. The referee's decision is final and the players will never change their mind. If the referee's decision is swayed by the players, then it would be the referee who would be criticised. Getting a yellow card for protesting might seem harsh but protestations are pointless anyway. This isn't tennis after all, you can't contest a decision. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjames View Post
    I didn't know that about the Netherlands but I suppose it makes sense. The referee's decision is final and the players will never change their mind. If the referee's decision is swayed by the players, then it would be the referee who would be criticised. Getting a yellow card for protesting might seem harsh but protestations are pointless anyway. This isn't tennis after all, you can't contest a decision. xD
    I am always saddened by the players always complaining and tricking the referees. I want them to play fair and with love and respect to each other.

Number of Genwunners = 100
    Number of people accused of being a Genwunner = 100 000 000 000 000 000
    Number of people complaning about Genwunners = 100 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000

Yeah I read the Mundo Deportivo report. I guess the un-named Russian club must be Anzi (sp?).

I also read on Goal.com Transfer Talk that Real Madrid are planning to sell Cristiano Ronaldo and buy Lionel Messi with the money from Ronaldo's sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilda View Post
    I am always saddened by the players always complaining and tricking the referees. I want them to play fair and with love and respect to each other.
    Unfortunately, that's not going to happen anytime soon. Trying to get another player to receive a yellow card by taking a dive for nothing, that's REALLY low.

Unfortunately, that's not going to happen anytime soon. Trying to get another player to receive a yellow card by taking a dive for nothing, that's REALLY low.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qz8GQLL4rgI

Watch the penalty after 2:00 min. This was the best I could find and it is not very clear. But after the match everyone, even Markus Merk agreed that there was no penalty. There was no contact, you could even tell from the TV. As usual Galatasaray gets points thanks to the referee (this happens in every Besiktas - Galatasaray match, they always get a point or points thanks to the referee). That's why I call them hakemsaray (hakem=referee).

Number of people complaning about Genwunners = 100 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qz8GQLL4rgI

Watch the penalty after 2:00 min. This was the best I could find and it is not very clear. But after the match everyone, even Markus Merk agreed that there was no penalty. There was no contact, you could even tell from the TV. As usual Galatasaray gets points thanks to the referee (this happens in every Besiktas - Galatasaray match, they always get a point or points thanks to the referee). That's why I call them hakemsaray (hakem=referee).
    I remember a match this year in Italy. A German player (i think it was Miroslav Klose) scored a goal with his hand. But instead of keeping his mouth shut, he went to the referee to confess his foul. Afterwards he was given compliments by both his opponents and his own team. Even after they lost the match with 3-0. Now THAT is fair-play. ^^

I remember a match this year in Italy. A German player (i think it was Miroslav Klose) scored a goal with his hand. But instead of keeping his mouth shut, he went to the referee to confess his foul. Afterwards he was given compliments by both his opponents and his own team. Even after they lost the match with 3-0. Now THAT is fair-play. ^^
    Yeah, that is.

I wonder if Thierry Henry is reading this and feeling regret.

Oh who am I kidding, he's probably still bathing in Irish tears.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjames View Post
    I wonder if Thierry Henry is reading this and feeling regret.

Oh who am I kidding, he's probably still bathing in Irish tears.
    I wonder what Platini is swimming in.

I wonder what Platini is swimming in.
    A bathtub filled with money from Russia and Qatar? Just takin' a guess over here...

Dem predictions:

Sunderland 1-1 Tottenham
    Aston Villa 1-3 Wigan
    Fulham 0-2 Swansea
    Man Utd 3-1 West Brom
    Norwich 1-2 Man City
    Reading 0-0 West Ham
    Stoke 2-0 Southampton
    Arsenal 2-0 Newcastle
    Everton 1-1 Chelsea
    QPR 1-1 Liverpool

Is anyone else excited for the summer transfer season to start?

Lol, worry about the January window first :P

Ah crap that's what I mean't. Summer over here.

Quote Originally Posted by Shining Tree Of Love View Post
    I miss Sydney. Best 3 years of my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Shining Tree Of Love View Post
    I see, just noticed the "Australia" as your location.
    There is one thing I wonder though. Wesley Sneijder.
    He has a conflict with Internazionale and it would be best for both if he would leave in this transfer period.
    I suspect he will go to England, Man City maybe, as Mancini said he wants to buy once again.
    And to be fair, I don't see Sneijder moving to Russia.

How's 2013 btw?
    We still have an hour to go :P

Page 111 of 265 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121161211 ... LastLast