Page 112 of 266 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116122162212 ... LastLast
Results 2,776 to 2,800 of 6643

Thread: Soccer Thread

Happy New Year everyone!!!! Hope everyone has a happy and prosperous 2013!

The most interesting transfer rumour I could come across for this month is Mario Balotelli to AC Milan. Balotelli is an amazing striker, and at the meagre age of 21, this man could be in line to give us some awesome football in the coming years, and in my opinion, Balotelli is the heir to Radamel Falcao as the best number 9 in the world. AC Milan are in need of a proper striker, Alexandre Pato is always injured, Giampaolo Pazzini is very inconsistent, Robinho is shi t and El Shaarawry can't do it all by himself, he needs someone who he can create a partnership with, and who will be better to fill that role than his international team-mate Balotelli? Balotelli will receive a lot more playing time at Milan than at City and will play every match in every season if fitness and injury allows, Milan are Balotelli's childhood club, and Balotelli is longing for a return to Italy, all these can bring the best out of Balotelli. The move back to Italy and to the club Super Mario adores may even see Mario Balotelli the person mature and becomes a responsible young man, and do away with all this mad crap he does both on and off the pitch, and his temper as well, all these issues with his personality may improve with a move to Milan. So yeah, in my opinion, all three parties will benefit, Milan will get the striker they really need, Balotelli will get his dream move, and City will get rid of a player that has caused them nothing but trouble. What do you all think of this?

I imagine what will Arsenal buy in th January transfer window, I hope that they will get good players.
    Lucario: Master of Aura...... and Chocolate!

FC(Pokemon Y): 4313-1362-5177

Well, I discussed Baotelii to Milan yesterday, not it's time to review another high profile transfer: Demba Ba to Chelsea.

Let's start with with the negatives of the move. Ba will be cup-tied for the FA Cup, Capital One Cup and the Europa League if this move happens, making the Barclays Premier League the only competition the Newcastle striker can play in for the Blues. Then there is Fernando Torres. Torres has been a huge flop since his 50 million pounds move to Chelsea from Liverpool, but in 2012-13 so far he has 15 goals in 31 games, added to that is that he is a Rafa Benitez favourite, and there is also the theory that Torres doesn't like big competition for a starting berth, as he had competition with Didier Drogba and he wasn't exactly...prolific, right?

Now that the negatives are out of the way, the positives! Demba Ba is a proven Premier League goalscorer, and he has 13 goals in the BPL this season, more than Torres' 7 and only Robin van Persie has more with 16. If Ba is not a starter and is second fiddle to Torres, if Torres is having a bad day Ba can come off the bench and pop in a goal for Chelsea, and who wouldn't like that kind of back-up? Torres can also get some much needed rest when fitness doesn't allow, and let's just say Torres get's injured, Ba will be there.

So yeah, even if Chelsea have to pay 100 million pounds for Ba, I think they should invest, and I think by the end of January Ba will be in blue rather than black and white. Ba to Chelsea makes perfect sense, but what do you all think?

I don't want Ba to go because I don't want Chelsea to succeed.
    As to what once, it now is. For this my retirement tour, let us commence, forevermore, forevermore.

Sturridge to Liverpool and Ba to Chelsea went through today, while Lucas Moura has arrived in Paris as well! Interesting activity today.

A friendly between AC Milan and fourth division side Pro Patria was abandoned after racist chants were aimed at Kevin-Prince Boateng, Urby Emanuelson, Sulley Muntari and M’Baye Niang by a section of the Patria fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjames View Post
    A friendly between AC Milan and fourth division side Pro Patria was abandoned after racist chants were aimed at Kevin-Prince Boateng, Urby Emanuelson, Sulley Muntari and M’Baye Niang by a section of the Patria fans.
    Damn racists. It's people like them that give the sport of football a bad name.
    AFTER STARTING OUT AS A POKÉMON TRAINER IN 1998, I FINALLY COMPLETED THE POKÉDEX ON NOVEMBER 16TH IN THE YEAR 2014
    Playtime in Pokémon Y: 513 hours and 50 minutes.
    Pokémon seen: 718
    Pokémon caught: 718

Future team for Omega Ruby: Sceptile, Blaziken, Swampert, Gorebyss, Dusclops, (event shiny) Metagross

"Trust me, any problem comes up, I'll stomp it into next week! I'll Bowserize it!"' —Bowser, Super Paper Mario

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjames View Post
    I think it was a good thing Boateng refused to play on. This action has more effect to stop racism than all those campaigns by FIFA/UEFA.
    I don't know if he'd have done it if it were an important match such as a Champions league game though. I do think it's a good statement towards all racists in the sports world.
        Spoiler:- DD stuff:

In less serious news, Walsall's on TV tonight baby yeah. So if you want to catch real British footy then watch Walsall V Enhancement Talent #236 or Portsmouth to their fans.
    As to what once, it now is. For this my retirement tour, let us commence, forevermore, forevermore.

Good news for me as a Feyenoord supporter, Pellč sign a 4 year deal today ^_^
    So we still get to keep him after his loan spell ends after this season, and I just hope he continues to play the way he did in the first half of this season.

Ah, FA Cup third round day, best day of the year!

It's a fairly busy week for me next week football wise, on Tuesday I'm off to Brisbane Road for Leyton Orient vs. Yeovil. Then on Wednesday it's the small matter of attending Stamford Bridge for Chelsea vs. Swansea. With those two grounds I'll be up to twenty three, exactly a quarter of the way through all ninety two football league grounds, and since I'm at around a quarter of my life span, I'd say I'm right on track!

Robin Van Persie ain't bad...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bone Cold Marowak Guy View Post
    Because gen. 6 will have 126 Pokemon exactly, and show up near May 24, 2016 (give or take 3 weeks).

Hey Benmeister, went to the Bescot Stadium yet to see the greatest team in English history?

^ Nope. I have seen Walsall play MK Dons many years ago though. I live near London so I'm getting all those stadiums done first, then I'll be going gradually north so I imagine Walsall will be between my 40th-50th visit or something.

van Persie helped us out of a tight spot earlier. Good lad.

Cool, I may do that one day, is it just for one whole season or whenever?

It's times like these i am jealous of England. They continue playing during the holidays. And us Dutch people have to wait until the 18th of January for football to start again. :/
    AFTER STARTING OUT AS A POKÉMON TRAINER IN 1998, I FINALLY COMPLETED THE POKÉDEX ON NOVEMBER 16TH IN THE YEAR 2014
    Playtime in Pokémon Y: 513 hours and 50 minutes.
    Pokémon seen: 718
    Pokémon caught: 718

Future team for Omega Ruby: Sceptile, Blaziken, Swampert, Gorebyss, Dusclops, (event shiny) Metagross

"Trust me, any problem comes up, I'll stomp it into next week! I'll Bowserize it!"' —Bowser, Super Paper Mario

GOAL - Swansea 1-0 Arsenal - Michu (58 mins)
    So cool. So, so cool. Nathan Dyer wins a header, somehow, and Michu shows real class. He lifts the ball over the head of Per Mertesacker with one touch, one more touch steadies him and he then slots into the corner. That's 15 for the season for the striker, who was on the field for one minute and 13 seconds before finding the net.

From BBC Sport. Must keep iterating how good a signing he was?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bone Cold Marowak Guy View Post
    Because gen. 6 will have 126 Pokemon exactly, and show up near May 24, 2016 (give or take 3 weeks).

Djeez what a game that was, Swansea 1 up with like half an hour to go and 1 down with about 10 minutes to go and still manage to get the rematch at the Emirates. Almost died what Tiendalli missed that chance he got. Really entertaining game ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by ToeyJoey View Post
    GOAL - Swansea 1-0 Arsenal - Michu (58 mins)
    So cool. So, so cool. Nathan Dyer wins a header, somehow, and Michu shows real class. He lifts the ball over the head of Per Mertesacker with one touch, one more touch steadies him and he then slots into the corner. That's 15 for the season for the striker, who was on the field for one minute and 13 seconds before finding the net.

From BBC Sport. Must keep iterating how good a signing he was?
    IMO the only summer transfer that has had more of an impact in the PL would be Van Persie, and you could have got 11 Michu's for his transfer fee!

Just shows how much strength in depth player-wise Spain have at their disposal nowadays, with a player of his class going for such a little amount.

...Also I'm very pleasantly surprised that these forums have a football thread

P.S. Can't believe Sepp Blatter is seriously in control of FIFA; http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20926787

He is so out of touch with the real world it is seriously shocking. Surely only a closet racist would deny racism so many times, and of course UEFA follows suit wherever possible.....
    Last edited by Combo; 7th January 2013 at 12:18 AM.
    3DS FC 2165-6429-4026 Spheal, Bergmite, Lapras

Shiny crew:

Can't wait to transfer you all up!

Quote Originally Posted by Combo View Post
    P.S. Can't believe Sepp Blatter is seriously in control of FIFA; http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20926787

He is so out of touch with the real world it is seriously shocking. Surely only a closet racist would deny racism so many times, and of course UEFA follows suit wherever possible.....
    But to be fair he did also say that tougher punishments must be brought in to tackle racism from fans.

Buh, think we should have seen out the game with Swansea earlier, but a draw at the Liberty is no bad thing. Here's hoping for a replay win, we couldn't lose at home to Swansea twice in one season...could we?

Yeah the time Sepp Blatter either gives up the reigns or dies, the better, then hopefully we'll get football to run free not some bureaucrat.

And tonight Messi has won the FIFA player of the year award for the fourth time in a row. Do you guys agree or do you think another player should've won? Maybe van Persie or falcao? Or another player?
        Spoiler:- DD stuff:

Quote Originally Posted by treeckotrainer View Post
    And tonight Messi has won the FIFA player of the year award for the fourth time in a row. Do you guys agree or do you think another player should've won? Maybe van Persie or falcao? Or another player?
    Messi should not have won this year. Both Ronaldo and Iniesta did better in 2012 in my opinion. I wonde why Guardiola was there too. I think Di Mateo should have been there insted... Fifa.

Page 112 of 266 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116122162212 ... LastLast