Page 117 of 265 FirstFirst ... 1767107113114115116117118119120121127167217 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,925 of 6614

Thread: Soccer Thread

So, South Africa won 2-0, Morocco stole a draw and Hazard punted a ballboy.
    As to what once, it now is. For this my retirement tour, let us commence, forevermore, forevermore.

Nice game Swansea - Chealsea, ridiculous what Hazard did... no excuses and expect him to get quite a ban.

Quote Originally Posted by Escalion View Post
    Nice game Swansea - Chealsea, ridiculous what Hazard did... no excuses and expect him to get quite a ban.
    Not unless the police get their hands on him first they are meant to investigating the instant. Kicking a ball boy not the smartest of things to do though the boy did say on his twitter account he was gonna waste time by any means.

Arsenal won 5-1 against West Ham. Scored 4 goals in the first 8 minutes of the second half Podolski was unbelievable in the game. And in Spain Real Madrid and Sevilla through to the next round of the Copa del Rey

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmareisalive View Post
    Not unless the police get their hands on him first they are meant to investigating the instant. Kicking a ball boy not the smartest of things to do though the boy did say on his twitter account he was gonna waste time by any means.
    Agree, it was easily seen that the boy was wasting time, he was not letting Hazard take the ball. And the kick wasn't to much to make him look ridiculous on the floor crying. So It wasn't mainly Hazard fault, but there are better solutions than the kick.
    Lucario: Master of Aura...... and Chocolate!

FC(Pokemon Y): 4313-1362-5177

Partially agreed... The ball boy was being slow yes, but Hazard had no reason to even be near him. I was just a goal kick, and the ref is there to add wasted time in the end.
    And as I said, there is NO excuses for kicking a kid, not matter how that kid behaved, there are other options and let the ref decide about that.

And yeah, I heard the police might get in involved too yes.

I just checked out the video and I don't believe it was that bad, the ballboy was in the wrong and I detest Chelsea with a passion, still Bradford For The Win.
    As to what once, it now is. For this my retirement tour, let us commence, forevermore, forevermore.

Personally a ban is ok, but with the police involved is too much for it.
    Lucario: Master of Aura...... and Chocolate!

FC(Pokemon Y): 4313-1362-5177

After seeing the replay I do think Hazard was hard done by. He goes to collect the ball from the ballboy. Ballboy doesn't let him have it. Hazard kicks the ball from underneath him. From everyone's reaction I was expecting it to be a lot worse.

Also the ballboy isn't a kid, he's 17.

Quote Originally Posted by Escalion View Post
    Ban that douche for the rest of the season., fine him and force him to apologize to the ballboy. That should teach him.
    My future team for Omega Ruby: Sceptile, (event shiny) Metagross, Torkoal, Altaria, Walrein, Groudon

Proven fact: Stardust Road and Teresa Waltz from the Super Mario Galaxy CD are good lullabies. Thanks to Savanny Killersaurus for demonstrating.

Friend Code: 2552-0309-3757
    Pokémon in my safari: Ponyta, Fletchinder, Charmeleon
    Pokémon I am looking for: none atm

Quote Originally Posted by Buuz View Post
    Ban that douche for the rest of the season., fine him and force him to apologize to the ballboy. That should teach him.
    The FA are also looking into this (although they're not much good) but I wouldn't go as far as ban Hazard for the rest of the season. A fine and an apology would be fine. Four game ban tops.

Quote Originally Posted by Buuz View Post
    Well he has said sorry after the game and has got a three game ban and the FA will probably give him more. It will be interesting to see if he gets fined at all. Though I don't agree with Hazard kicking him the ball boy knew what he was doing he said so on twitter and he is 17 old enough now to take the consequences for his actions.

NIGER GAINED A POINT SQUEE! Sorry, it's their first point in an international tournament, next stop Niger V Cape Verde Islands, Yay!

I feel the AFCON has yet to really kick off, not helped by the fact that every time I watch a game of it there seems to be no goals.

Quote Originally Posted by The Benmeister View Post
    I feel the AFCON has yet to really kick off, not helped by the fact that every time I watch a game of it there seems to be no goals.
    Yeah, it's been quite dull so far hopefully things should pick up during the knockout stages.

Wilfried Zaha's going to Manchester United in July.

I think the main flaw is that there's no abundance of quality, there's Ivory Coast and even then they're not dominant. I like the fact that the majority of the qualified teams haven't got any quality whatsoever but with a tournament of 3-4 good teams coming off after a year where we've already had one is just too much, too soon. (If Ivory Coast don't win it then they've got to be the most overhyped national team in recent history.)

It is good however to see teams like Ethiopia and Cape Verde competing with the more established teams like Zambia, South Africa and Morocco, especially since the former is making their first appearance in thirty one years, and the latter is making their first appearance period.

I also hope Togo do well, before that tragedy in 2010 they were one of the best teams in Africa at the time, it looks like they're on their first steps back to being at that point again.

^ Yeah, also the Zambian goalkeeper scored the equaliser.

That's unlucky any time I watch there has been goals! I think the main problem of this tournament is that there is no major quality and big names throughout all the squads. I mean besides Ivory Coast there is not much big name quality in the other squads no offence to them. It has had some good moments with action late on in the games but there is no real dominance from one team in a group unlike in the last euros. It seems that the fans aren't going in there drones either. The stadiums have a good enough crowd but you would think for an international tournament and after last year when Zambia won it you would think more fans from underdog nations would be there. Really a tournament a year after the last one doesn't sit well really.

I hope Mali will do well, with all the s**t that's going on in their own country. Must be hard for them to concentrate on the game.
    My future team for Omega Ruby: Sceptile, (event shiny) Metagross, Torkoal, Altaria, Walrein, Groudon

Proven fact: Stardust Road and Teresa Waltz from the Super Mario Galaxy CD are good lullabies. Thanks to Savanny Killersaurus for demonstrating.

Friend Code: 2552-0309-3757
    Pokémon in my safari: Ponyta, Fletchinder, Charmeleon
    Pokémon I am looking for: none atm

Still Burkina Faso has finally made the African Nations interesting.

I despise soccer with a flaming passion. It's the worst sport next to men's swimming and diving. Nearly all the players are jerks, and most of them are Eurotrash with wh0re girlfriends. Tennis, basketball, and baseball are more tolerable sports. I don't like sports in general.

Plus, I don't think there's a single straight white British male who doesn't like soccer.
    Last edited by lollygag; 26th January 2013 at 12:57 AM.

^ One wonders what motivated you therefore to post in here, the Football/Soccer thread.

Though you're right, a majority of people that play football (at the higher levels anyway) are jerkbutts. In my opinion football is a great sport played mostly by ****s.

Quote Originally Posted by lollygag View Post
    I despise soccer with a flaming passion. It's the worst sport next to men's swimming and diving. Nearly all the players are jerks, and most of them are Eurotrash with wh0re girlfriends. Tennis, basketball, and baseball are more tolerable sports. I don't like sports in general.

Plus, I don't think there's a single straight white British male who doesn't like soccer.
    I hope you have a flame shield handy. You might need one.

If I could root for any team, it would be ours, since American soccer players are mostly obscure. I would have rooted for Italy's if Mario Balotelli wasn't stinking up the whole team. (And no, it's not because he's black.)

http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/A-w...42_3855990.jpg

Page 117 of 265 FirstFirst ... 1767107113114115116117118119120121127167217 ... LastLast