Page 120 of 266 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120121122123124130170220 ... LastLast
Results 2,976 to 3,000 of 6645

Thread: Soccer Thread

Weekend preds:

QPR 2-1 Norwich
    Arsenal 2-1 Stoke
    Everton 3-1 Aston Villa
    Newcastle 1-1 Chelsea
    Reading 2-1 Sunderland
    West Ham 1-1 Swansea
    Wigan 1-2 Southampton
    Fulham 0-3 Man Utd
    West Brom 1-2 Tottenham
    Man City 1-1 Liverpool

Quote Originally Posted by Flamer View Post
    (we cancelled our Sky Sports subscription )
    I feel your pain. We had to cancel ours months ago. Sucks missing out on Premier League and some Champions League games.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjames View Post
    I feel your pain. We had to cancel ours months ago. Sucks missing out on Premier League and some Champions League games.
    Its not too bad, what with all the less-than-legal online streams around now a days and a pub that shows footie at the end of the road Does mean you have to plan all your footie viewing in advance though. No more flicking through the channels and finding an interesting looking La Liga game to watch when there's nothing on terrestrial.
    ALPHA SAHPHIRE

Anyway, tonight's (it's half past midnight over here, so that's why ''tonight'') an important game for PSV. They're up against ADO Den Haag, one of the lesser teams in the Dutch league. Though normally i would assume this is an easy victory, i can't tell for sure after what happened two weeks ago against PEC. Who, as a matter of fact, are our opponents for the semi-finals in february. Hopefully PSV wins both matches, then they're in the title match for the cup and they will have strengthened their position as the leading team in the competition.
    Last edited by moot; 2nd February 2013 at 1:52 AM.
    "You need stomping. And I'm a Stomptologist."

"Trust me, any problem comes up, I'll stomp it into next week! I'll Bowserize it!"

"Count Bleck, Floro Sapiens, whatever... Stomping fools is my business! Show me a fool, and I'll stomp it! I don't even need a reason!"

Premier League looking good so far, QPR drew 0-0 earlier but Villa leading Everton 2-1, which is a surprise but I doubt that lead will last long. Come on Arsenal! Let's bury Stoke. COYG!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjames View Post
    Portuguese TV only airs the league games in a paid channel and we don't have it, so I also feel ya bro ;(

Newcastle 3 - 2 Chelsea

...can't believe thats just happened. Poor first half from us, (again), but after coming out and getting in front after half time I really thought we were on course to win this one. Playing some very good stuff but after Newcastle's equaliser it just fell away again. Not sure how much of it is Rafa and how much the players, but there seems to be so little belief at the moment. Know its a bit cliched but look at Sissoko's performance compared to that of Mata, Oscar and Bertrand and you'll see what I mean. Mata and Oscar, (and Hazard) may be ridiculously talented players, but they're lack of willingness to press the ball and get back and defend is really costing us. Can't believe I'm saying this, but could really do with Mikel getting back from the African Nations soon and Luiz being fit again. Need a bit of solidity in our midfield.
    ALPHA SAHPHIRE

Obviously must say well done to Arsenal, we can't camp so many men behind the ball and hold out of 90 minutes, it's too difficult. Especially against skillful, passing teams. Still, not worried and can't complain, 10 points for 40 and virtual safety, didn't lose any players. Always happy with Tony. (Except sending Delap out on loan...)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bone Cold Marowak Guy View Post
    Because gen. 6 will have 126 Pokemon exactly, and show up near May 24, 2016 (give or take 3 weeks).

South Africa need to work on their penalties.

Why didn't they have Steven Pienaar? Not that he's great at taking penalties, I've never seen him, but I wanted them to win for no particular reason...

(Also we signed Jack Butland. Who wants Begovic?)
    Because gen. 6 will have 126 Pokemon exactly, and show up near May 24, 2016 (give or take 3 weeks).

Is Granada the first ever team to win a game without having a shot on target?
    As to what once, it now is. For this my retirement tour, let us commence, forevermore, forevermore.

Psv won 7-0 from Ado last night, PSV scored the most goals (73) of any european competition, with Barcelona second at 71 goals.

To compare in the Eredivisie Ajax scored the second most goals but they are only at 47.
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

^ Need to start watching Eredivisie a bit now!

Cracking game between Man City and Liverpool, great goals scored by Gerrard and Aguero. It's a shame Spurs won though, (curse Bale..)

Burkina Faso are in the Semis and an Elephant got poached thus causing the eagle to fly away.
    As to what once, it now is. For this my retirement tour, let us commence, forevermore, forevermore.

Quote Originally Posted by 7 tyranitars View Post
    Psv won 7-0 from Ado last night, PSV scored the most goals (73) of any european competition, with Barcelona second at 71 goals.

To compare in the Eredivisie Ajax scored the second most goals but they are only at 47.
    I was there. Saw six out of seven goals happening right in front me during the second half. What a great match, now we have to play against Vitesse next week. They were doing well before the winterbreak, but have been out of shape lately. Lucky for them and unlucky for PSV fans, Wilfried Bony returns from the Africa cup. He really gives his team a boost.

"Trust me, any problem comes up, I'll stomp it into next week! I'll Bowserize it!"

"Count Bleck, Floro Sapiens, whatever... Stomping fools is my business! Show me a fool, and I'll stomp it! I don't even need a reason!"

Mexico and Denmark tied, I wasn't able to watch this match so I'm disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Raider View Post
    ^ Need to start watching Eredivisie a bit now!

Cracking game between Man City and Liverpool, great goals scored by Gerrard and Aguero. It's a shame Spurs won though, (curse Bale..)
    You really should. The skill level isn't as high as in England or Spain, but we have very exciting matches.

New match fixing scandal, people are just awful, aren't they?

Quote Originally Posted by Buuz View Post
    You really should. The skill level isn't as high as in England or Spain, but we have very exciting matches.
    Yeah I really should, footytube is my friend for that since the Eredisivie I think is only shown here in the UK on ESPN (Which I don't have anyway..). Check out Ajax and PSV and such.

Quote Originally Posted by ToeyJoey View Post
    New match fixing scandal, people are just awful, aren't they?
    Yeah 380 games over 3-4 years being investigated into, including games in England which is a little surprising. I wonder how many Juventus games are found of match fixing? They've had the most coverage for scandals since being stripped of titles and relegated.

Mexico vs Jamaica! I forgot who the US is playing, oh wait Honduras.

The US better keep their guard up, they are playing in Honduras and they will not be easy.
    Last edited by Zorocario; 6th February 2013 at 5:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Raider View Post
    Yeah I really should, footytube is my friend for that since the Eredisivie I think is only shown here in the UK on ESPN (Which I don't have anyway..). Check out Ajax and PSV and such.

Yeah 380 games over 3-4 years being investigated into, including games in England which is a little surprising. I wonder how many Juventus games are found of match fixing? They've had the most coverage for scandals since being stripped of titles and relegated.
    Wasn't Fenerbache in Turkey involved in a huge scandal as well?

I would like to add to that, that quite a few stars have played in the Eredivisie in the past.

England vs Brazil tonight. Should be a good game.

Credit to Neo Pikachu for the Weavile banner.

Wasn't Fenerbache in Turkey involved in a huge scandal as well?
    I think I may of heard something about it. No clue about it though..

Quote Originally Posted by PokeTrainerJay View Post
    Yeah I'm looking forward to this! Should be kicking off soon actually.

Quote Originally Posted by PokeTrainerJay View Post
    Probs watching The Netherlands - Italy myself.

Page 120 of 266 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120121122123124130170220 ... LastLast