Page 121 of 266 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121122123124125131171221 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,025 of 6643

Thread: Soccer Thread

Brazil get penalty, Hart saves penalty and Brazil should probably have another for Cleverley's challenge there... (Or maybe not...)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bone Cold Marowak Guy View Post
    Because gen. 6 will have 126 Pokemon exactly, and show up near May 24, 2016 (give or take 3 weeks).

Quote Originally Posted by 7 tyranitars View Post
    I would like to add to that, that quite a few stars have played in the Eredivisie in the past.
    Of course. Many great players have played in the Eredivisie before going to better competitions. It's what makes our competition so good, talented players getting ready to advance to the top!
    AFTER STARTING OUT AS A POKÉMON TRAINER IN 1998, I FINALLY COMPLETED THE POKÉDEX ON NOVEMBER 16TH IN THE YEAR 2014
    Playtime in Pokémon Y: 513 hours and 50 minutes.
    Pokémon seen: 718
    Pokémon caught: 718

Future team for Omega Ruby: Sceptile, Blaziken, Swampert, Gorebyss, Sableye, (event shiny) Metagross

"Trust me, any problem comes up, I'll stomp it into next week! I'll Bowserize it!"' —Bowser, Super Paper Mario

Half time Netherlands - Italy Netherlands leading 1-0. After our goal Italy started to come a bit more.
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

It's 1-1 at the moment, hopefully Ghana lose, they ****ed up last time, hope they don't **** up again or the African Cup of Nations would be the most pointless tournament ever. (Seriously it's dead as is.)

EDIT: BURKINA FASO ARE THROUGH, THEY'VE MADE IT, THEY'RE THROUGH TO THE PROMISED LAND. 12 Months ago they finished bottom, pointless in Group B, now they're in the final, 1 game away from playing Spain and Uruguay, 1 game away from winning their maiden title, 1 game away, they'll finish it as they started it against Nigeria. Burkina Faso, the 64th most populated country in the world, a nation with just under 16 million people, a nation who's never won a game before this tournament on away soil and they've done it, they've reached the final, the Burkinabe can celebrate wildly on the streets for they're 1 game away from winning the tournament, they've eliminated the reigning champions topped a group consisting of Ethiopia, the reigning African Champions Zambia and their opponents in the grand final Nigeria, then they had a match against fellow sensations, and even more so considering it was their debut performance in the knockout stages, 2006 World Cup Finalists Togo, then Ghana, knocked out at the 2006 World Cup KO stage, 2010 Quarterfinalists, 4 time African champions, 5 time West African Cup Champions, fell even when they had a man advantage at the end, plucky old Burkina Faso have made it, business has finally been picked up.
    Last edited by Armando Payne; 6th February 2013 at 10:24 PM.
    As to what once, it now is. For this my retirement tour, let us commence, forevermore, forevermore.

The Netherlands - Italy 1-1 Italy had a late equaliser.

Brazil are just soooo poor these days, it's amazing how far they have fallen to be beaten by the likes of England. That being said it's encouraging to see the likes of Wilshere and Cleverley get games for England and actually do decent when called up.
    Never try and argue with idiots, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Quote Originally Posted by J-Myc View Post
    Brazil are just soooo poor these days, it's amazing how far they have fallen to be beaten by the likes of England. That being said it's encouraging to see the likes of Wilshere and Cleverley get games for England and actually do decent when called up.
    England isn't that bad..... Anyways, I get what you are trying to say. I can't wait for the confederations cup!

Quote Originally Posted by Zorocario View Post
    England isn't that bad..... Anyways, I get what you are trying to say. I can't wait for the confederations cup!
    Yeah Burkina Faso V Tahiti, legit that'll be the match of all time, I'm being full on serious.
    As to what once, it now is. For this my retirement tour, let us commence, forevermore, forevermore.

Great to see Burkina Faso in the African Cup of Nations final. Said at the start of the tournament they looked impressive and have continued playing really well. Just a shame Nigeria have made it too, (got nothing against Nigeria, in fact really pleased for them after all the drama and government interference they've had, but could really do with Mikel and Moses back...)

Also great to see England beating Brazil Yeah, Brazil might be not what they were 10 years ago, but they've still got some top quality players and it was a really good performance from the lads, particularly on the defensive side, (minus and couple of slip ups from Cahill and Smalling) where we were compact and very well organised.
    SOUL SILVER

Contgrats to Burkina Faso or making it to the finals. It's a good look for them which I'm happy to see. Hope they win ACON!

Wilshere played great yesterday, especially in first half. Great to see as an Arsenal fan and Theo playe well also. Germany beat France which I was expected, awesome through ball by Ozil for the winning goal.

Champions League resumes next week, going to be sweet!

The Netherlands - Italy 1-1 Italy had a late equaliser.
    Things kinda looked like Italy wasn't trying their best. We were doing well, but especially Kuyt needed to score the 2-0. He didn't hit the ball hard enough and it practically rolled into Buffon's hands. And of course, if you refuse to score the goal yourself, you can almost be certain your opponents will score.
    AFTER STARTING OUT AS A POKÉMON TRAINER IN 1998, I FINALLY COMPLETED THE POKÉDEX ON NOVEMBER 16TH IN THE YEAR 2014

Future team for Omega Ruby: Sceptile, Blaziken, Swampert, Gorebyss, Sableye, (event shiny) Metagross

"Trust me, any problem comes up, I'll stomp it into next week! I'll Bowserize it!"' —Bowser, Super Paper Mario

Quote Originally Posted by Buuz View Post
    Things kinda looked like Italy wasn't trying their best. We were doing well, but especially Kuyt needed to score the 2-0. He didn't hit the ball hard enough and it practically rolled into Buffon's hands. And of course, if you refuse to score the goal yourself, you can almost be certain your opponents will score.
    I don't think Italy wasn't trying their best. But most of us dutch people didn't except our young team to do so well against them. Mayby our team was simply better and made it seem Italy wasn't trying?

Mexico couldn't beat Jamaica, they dominated the match, they just couldn't capitalize. Well, something that made me get angry was the attitude of the fans, "Oh we aren't playing well so lets start booing our team and root for the other team". Ive only seen Brazilian fans do this , and now we are doing it too. Seriously a lot of the Mexican fans have become quite arrogant since we won the Olympic medal and it's pissing me off, not only that, they also underestimated Jamaica and while yes Mexico should have won they shouldn't have underestimated their opponents. The Jamaicans outmatch us in terms of height, speed, and strength and not only the fans but the players but sportscasters and coaching staff underestimated them. If we can't get our act together and beat Jamaica how are we supposed to beat the likes of Honduras, Costa Rica, and the US, heck even Panama might give us some trouble. I don't care if we finish in the top spot anymore, we are still undefeated but we only have one point, they need to get their act together and the so called fans need to pull their heads out of their rear because at this rate we may not even qualify for the world cup.

Aside from that I am really digging the new Jersey, white and red oh yeah!
    Last edited by Zorocario; 8th February 2013 at 5:30 AM.

I don't think Italy wasn't trying their best. But most of us dutch people didn't except our young team to do so well against them. Mayby our team was simply better and made it seem Italy wasn't trying?
    Could be. I agree the Dutch were doing well with their young team. Strootman and Maher are great midfielders. I'd even go as far as to say Strootman is going to be the next Van Bommel.

*edit @ 9-2-2013* No double posting allowed, or so i think so i'll type my next message here. An important match for PSV comin' up tonight in the Netherlands. We're playing our away match against Vitesse. They haven't been doing well lately but got their striker, Wilfried Bony, back from the Africa cup. The club has gone through a lot of sh*t lately as well, but PSV tends to play like sh*t in away matches too. Let's wait and see how things will turn out tonight.
    Last edited by Buuz; 9th February 2013 at 12:18 PM. Reason: No double posting, that's why

Wilshere limps off injured... Poor England...

And this gem:

Statisticians Opta on Twitter: "13 - Since he joined Stoke City in 2009-10, only one defender (Leighton Baines - 15) has scored more PL goals than Robert Huth (13). Beast."
    Because gen. 6 will have 126 Pokemon exactly, and show up near May 24, 2016 (give or take 3 weeks).

Halftime during Vitesse - PSV. We're ahead 0-1, thanks to a penalty scored by the Belgian international, Dries Mertens.

Damn it. Vitesse scored the equalizer by getting a penalty of their own. Wilfried Bony scored. Then PSV scored 1-2 after some nice combinations, but even after receiving a red card, Vitesse managed to score a second equalizer. And again Wilfried Bony scored. Dissapointing...
    Last edited by Buuz; 9th February 2013 at 10:38 PM. Reason: The match has ended.

Ronaldo hat-trick against Sevilla! 4-0 to Real Madrid and only an hour has been played. Arsenal won today too which makes me happy even though Spurs won again..

So Armando Payne, I hear you like it when the underdogs win. On a scale of one to ten, how do you rate Southampton's 3-1 victory against Manchester City? :P

Southampton were the underdogs in that game?

Well as Southampton have just been promoted and City are the reigning English champions with hundreds of millions of pounds worth of players, I'd say that they were.

City got ****ed in the *** so badly by Southampton..
    Premier League is the best :3

A win today, and we're 12 points clear. GGMU

'What I wanted to protect.. . was you, Ichigo.' -Tensa Zangetsu

Lieutenant of Squad 7.
    Join the Bleach Club!

^ You guys can't blow it if you win today. I'd laugh if that happens again. Let's go Everton, make the title race exciting again!

Damn, that Giggs record is special...

Quote Originally Posted by ToeyJoey View Post
    Damn, that Giggs record is special...
    It sure is. 23 seasons straight with at least a goal. That is special especially nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Raider View Post
    It sure is. 23 seasons straight with at least a goal. That is special especially nowadays.
    Yeah, fair play to him. To still be scoring at the highest level at 39 is pretty incredible. Think Roman Abramovic and Bruce Buck could learn a thing or to from Ferguson about the benefits of keeping your senior players around.

Anyway, good weekend for us. After Wigan pulled a goal back I was really fearing the worst, but we managed to keep them just about at arms length and ended up finishing off in style. Bit of a weird one in that I felt the 4-1 score line was a little harsh on Wigan, but at the same time it could easily have been 5 or 6. Nice to see Marin getting on the scoresheet. He's been pretty woefully since coming in from Werder Bremen in the summer so hopefully that'll give him the boost he needs to get back to form.
    SOUL SILVER

Page 121 of 266 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121122123124125131171221 ... LastLast