Page 123 of 266 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123124125126127133173223 ... LastLast
Results 3,051 to 3,075 of 6645

Thread: Soccer Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Raider View Post
    Still can't believe we got knocked out by Blackburn... Just not clinical enough at times and it cost us a major way. Best chance to win a trophy dashed this season, only way to win one is going through the Champions League which I don't see us getting past Bayern at all unless we have the game of our lives. Bayern are looking damn impressive so far this season, it doesn't look good for us.
    Only saw the highlights, but it really should have been all over before Blackburn got thier goal. Gervinho in particular had (another) shocker. Watched most of Ivory Coast's games at the Cup of Nations and he was looking pretty good, but obviously something about putting a Arsenal shirt on doesn't work for him. Don't think anyone's giving you much of a chance against Bayern, perhaps rightly so, but nobody gave us a chance against them in last season's final and we all know what happened there

As for our FA Cup performance, after what happened to Everton and Arsenal was pretty relived to finally see us getting the job done against Brentford. Nice to see Lamps edging towards Bobby Tambling's record to. Know its been said a million times before, but I think its beyond crazy that we've not offered him a new deal yet.
    ALPHA SAHPHIRE

Feyenoord surprisingly lost to PEC Zwolle with 3-2. And since FC Twente played a 1-1 draw yesterday, PSV manages to stay 3 points ahead ahead of Ajax at the top of the league, and 6 points ahead of Feyenoord and FC Twente. Next week's match is gonna be VERY important now.
    "You need stomping. And I'm a Stomptologist."

"Trust me, any problem comes up, I'll stomp it into next week! I'll Bowserize it!"

"Count Bleck, Floro Sapiens, whatever... Stomping fools is my business! Show me a fool, and I'll stomp it! I don't even need a reason!"

Quote Originally Posted by Flamer View Post
    Only saw the highlights, but it really should have been all over before Blackburn got thier goal. Gervinho in particular had (another) shocker. Watched most of Ivory Coast's games at the Cup of Nations and he was looking pretty good, but obviously something about putting a Arsenal shirt on doesn't work for him. Don't think anyone's giving you much of a chance against Bayern, perhaps rightly so, but nobody gave us a chance against them in last season's final and we all know what happened there

As for our FA Cup performance, after what happened to Everton and Arsenal was pretty relived to finally see us getting the job done against Brentford. Nice to see Lamps edging towards Bobby Tambling's record to. Know its been said a million times before, but I think its beyond crazy that we've not offered him a new deal yet.
    Gervinho in an Arsenal shirt seems to be the problem, way too inconsistent for us and it's so frustrating to watch. You guys will play Man Utd in the quarter finals if you win against Middlesborough and Utd win tonight against Reading. Looks like a good game that.

If we managed to beat Reading, then United should put Reading to the sword. Can't see it going any other way...

And yes, Gervinho is poor, very poor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bone Cold Marowak Guy View Post
    Because gen. 6 will have 126 Pokemon exactly, and show up near May 24, 2016 (give or take 3 weeks).

Quote Originally Posted by Buuz View Post
    PSV had a narrow victory over FC Utrecht, we won 2-1. Van Bommel got his 9th yellow card of this season so he's banned from next week's game, the away match against Feyenoord. One of our defenders received a red card but we don't have anyone to fill in his particular position in the back. Though the other four matches all ended in a draw, including one of our close rivals. FC Twente played a 1-1 draw against Willem II. So we were able to increase the distance between PSV and Twente, giving us a bit more safety for the important match we play next week. Away. against Feyenoord...
    I don't expect PSV to win there to be honest. Feyenoord hasn't lost a home game in 2 years.
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

Still can't believe we got knocked out by Blackburn... Just not clinical enough at times and it cost us a major way. Best chance to win a trophy dashed this season, only way to win one is going through the Champions League which I don't see us getting past Bayern at all unless we have the game of our lives. Bayern are looking damn impressive so far this season, it doesn't look good for us.
    We defended so well in that game, Jake Kean also pulled off some really top class saves. Getting Millwall in the next round is also good for us
    It was also good to see David Bentley back in a Rovers shirt, hopefully he can get back his form before he left.

Going to watch the game Arsenal - Bayern Munich that's about to start. My money's on Bayern, they're just too strong for Arsenal at the moment.

"Trust me, any problem comes up, I'll stomp it into next week! I'll Bowserize it!"

"Count Bleck, Floro Sapiens, whatever... Stomping fools is my business! Show me a fool, and I'll stomp it! I don't even need a reason!"

Pffft Arsenal 2-0 down against Bayern. I quite personally find it funny, but that's because I dislike Arsenal a fair bit.
    Yveltal, the Destruction Pokémon: "When its life comes to an end, it absorbs the life energy of every living thing and turns into a cocoon once more."

Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

Quote Originally Posted by AquaRegisteel View Post
    Pffft Arsenal 2-0 down against Bayern. I quite personally find it funny, but that's because I dislike Arsenal a fair bit.
    You sound like a Spurs fan :/

Nightmare second goal conceded by us, awful defending. Don't see us coming back this leg or the next but I'm still hoping for a miracle second half. COYG!

EDIT: We lost 3-1, slim chance to go through now. Gutted.
    Last edited by Gloryus; 19th February 2013 at 10:36 PM.

Arsenal 1-3 Bayern Munich. Tie over methinks.

Bayern Munich's "lazy" passing is so mesmerising to watch, it's wonderful. At least Arsenal fans can say they played football against Bayern Munich, unlike other English teams... Being a Stoke fan, I can hard talk about teams not playing "football..."
    Because gen. 6 will have 126 Pokemon exactly, and show up near May 24, 2016 (give or take 3 weeks).

Well played by Bayern Munich. I must admit, i was surprised Arsenal managed to score the 1-2 when they did. Tonight's Schalke 04 - Galatasaray. That's gonna be interesting.

I don't think Schalke 04 stands a chance. Unless they can score goals by chance and manage to hold of Galatasaray, they will hand over the leg to Galatasaray. Galatasaray 2-0 Schalke 04 is my guess. I found it a but comedic for the Schalke coach to say about not being intimidated from the stadiums atmosphere due to seeing Piraeus earlier. The atmosphere of the 3 giants of Istanbul is the best in the world, I do not think some little experience at Piraeus will ease the intimidation for them.

Number of Genwunners = 100
    Number of people accused of being a Genwunner = 100 000 000 000 000 000
    Number of people complaning about Genwunners = 100 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000

I've not watched Schalke this season but purely judging their slip in form, I think Galatasaray will pull through tonight.

There's a lot of fallout at my dear old Arsenal. Losing to one of the best teams in Europe right now in Bayern Munich is not really too disappointing at all, it's just the Blackburn result, and the Bradford one earlier in the season, that is inexcusable. We need to get our act together and fast, finishing in the top four is now our minimum requirement. Thankfully even if the blasted Spurs are on form, Man City and Chelsea are on anything but consistent form so hopefully we can capitalize on their slip ups.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilda View Post
    I don't think Schalke 04 stands a chance. Unless they can score goals by chance and manage to hold of Galatasaray, they will hand over the leg to Galatasaray. Galatasaray 2-0 Schalke 04 is my guess. I found it a but comedic for the Schalke coach to say about not being intimidated from the stadiums atmosphere due to seeing Piraeus earlier. The atmosphere of the 3 giants of Istanbul is the best in the world, I do not think some little experience at Piraeus will ease the intimidation for them.
    I agree that the atmosphere in Turkey is impressive, some of the most intense supporting i've ever seen. Schalke will have a tough time in Istanbul but for them to win... It isn't impossible. Though i'd agree that Galatasary is more likely to win this match.

AC Milan take a 2-0 lead over Barca, admittedly it's at home but it's still against Barca... I barely expected Milan to draw but maybe my expectations are just too high...

Quote Originally Posted by ToeyJoey View Post
    AC Milan take a 2-0 lead over Barca, admittedly it's at home but it's still against Barca... I barely expected Milan to draw but maybe my expectations are just too high...
    Lovely chipped pass to Sully Mantari for the second. Let's go AC!

Is Drogba or/both Snijder playing for Galatasary tonight?

BBC says they were both playing, wish I could watch more of these games...

Quote Originally Posted by ToeyJoey View Post
    BBC says they were both playing, wish I could watch more of these games...
    You can stream online or get Sky Sports or something unless your busy of course. I'm watching the highlights now.

Is Drogba or/both Snijder playing for Galatasary tonight?
    They both played, although they were over-shadowed by Burak Yılmaz (who scored his 7th goal in the CL this season).
    They need some time to adapt.

Both sides missed some great chances, but Galatasaray could of get very confortable if they were lucky.
    All in all, I think Galatasaray will take this in Germany, they play better away.

I wasn't expecting Milan to win 2-0. Good job on them.

Number of Genwunners = 100
    Number of people accused of being a Genwunner = 100 000 000 000 000 000
    Number of people complaning about Genwunners = 100 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000

Wenger really does need to leave Arsenal as time and time again he just proves that he cannot take Arsenal any further when it comes to being a threat and winning trophies.
    Never try and argue with idiots, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

If Arsenal don't finish in the Champions League places, they may have a better shot at the Europa League/UEFA Cup/UEFA League/whatever we call it now...

Yes, but still this is a forgettable season for a Arsenal, it really disappointing that Arsenal are not trying to correct their mistakes since had occurred since years . I really hate that my friends always bash on me about Arsenal sucks. I can't tolerate that. To Wenger, I think it's time to pack up your bags. Your era has ended.
    Lucario: Master of Aura...... and Chocolate!

FC(Pokemon Y): 4313-1362-5177

Didn't expect Barca to lose 2-0. Milan did a fine job.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucario95 View Post
    I really hate that my friends always bash on me about Arsenal sucks. I can't tolerate that. To Wenger, I think it's time to pack up your bags. Your era has ended.
    Oh man up, that's football for you. Banter is just something that football fans consistently spew at each other, regardless of the teams involved.

I hope personally that Wenger is the man to turn it round, he is Arsenal through and through and at least some of the players seem to want him to stay. Not everything can be pinned on bad management like common practice would have you believe. Although I will admit, if Wenger does leave, it will be a rather exciting time since ever since I've been an Arsenal supporter I've not known anything else but having Wenger as our manager. I could honestly not think of a preferred replacement though. Considering how out-of-nowhere Wenger himself came from when he was appointed, we may end up seeing more of the same thing.

EDIT: Screw that, I know who I'd want as manager after Wenger! Only Dennis freakin' Bergkamp! Now THAT would be awesome.
    Last edited by The Benmeister; 21st February 2013 at 11:39 AM.

Page 123 of 266 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123124125126127133173223 ... LastLast