Page 126 of 266 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130136176226 ... LastLast
Results 3,126 to 3,150 of 6645

Thread: Soccer Thread

When are the CL matches again? Schalke 04 deserves some major ***-whooping for being scaredy a-holes.

Number of Genwunners = 100
    Number of people accused of being a Genwunner = 100 000 000 000 000 000
    Number of people complaning about Genwunners = 100 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000

Quote Originally Posted by Hilda View Post
    When are the CL matches again? Schalke 04 deserves some major ***-whooping for being scaredy a-holes.
    Should resume next week starting on Tuesday with Man Utd vs Real Madrid second leg.

Not sure about Barca these days bar Messi. Don't look as good as usuall recently.

Struggling to break down teams putting men behind the ball and counter-attacking threats on the break, the same can be said for most teams but when it's Barcelona at home vs. Real Madrid you do expect a little more. Milan to do the same and squeak through.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bone Cold Marowak Guy View Post
    Because gen. 6 will have 126 Pokemon exactly, and show up near May 24, 2016 (give or take 3 weeks).

Tonight's one of the two semifinals of the Dutch cup. PSV will visit PEC Zwolle for a spot in the finals. We had a tough win in during the away match in the competition, and we surprisingly lost our home match against PEC. Here's hoping we will do better tonight and advance to the finals, in which we meet the winner of Ajax - AZ Alkmaar.
    "You need stomping. And I'm a Stomptologist."

"Trust me, any problem comes up, I'll stomp it into next week! I'll Bowserize it!"

"Count Bleck, Floro Sapiens, whatever... Stomping fools is my business! Show me a fool, and I'll stomp it! I don't even need a reason!"

^ Tonight is actually both semi finals, so we have Ajax and AZ later on.

One thing I've noticed about cup competitions around Europe is the gaps they have between rounds sometimes, especially the semis and the final. Just as an example both Copa del Rey semis are this week but the final isn't until May. The most curious case is in the Coppa Italia, and if someone could tell me why the following is the case that would be useful, where the final is in May, Lazio's semi final second leg took place last month, but the Inter-Roma semi final second leg isn't until April? What on earth is going on with the scheduling there?

I just saw that Benmeister. I wonder who our opponents will be, Ajax or AZ. Since it's pretty clear PSV will advance to the finals after scoring 2 goals in the first half.

"Trust me, any problem comes up, I'll stomp it into next week! I'll Bowserize it!"

"Count Bleck, Floro Sapiens, whatever... Stomping fools is my business! Show me a fool, and I'll stomp it! I don't even need a reason!"

Bayern Munich play Dortmund in their cup later, last time they faced each other in this was last year's final when Dortmund trounced them 5-1. Also Middlesbrough vs. Chelsea with Paulo Ferreira playing. He had been there so long now and plays so little, never scored for Chelsea in the League but he's got one in the FA Cup so...
    Because gen. 6 will have 126 Pokemon exactly, and show up near May 24, 2016 (give or take 3 weeks).

Hmmm... barca has lost to real madrid.... sad day
    Hey everyone!
    My friend safari type is fire and the pokemons that can be found there are: Magmar, Larvesta, Fletchinder.

I guess people are starting to figure out Barca.
    It was going to come one day.

Number of Genwunners = 100
    Number of people accused of being a Genwunner = 100 000 000 000 000 000
    Number of people complaning about Genwunners = 100 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000

Dutch cupfinal will be PSV - AZ. Ajax surprisingly lost 0-3, just like PEC. The American AZ-striker Jozy Altidore was the Man of the Match with 2 goals and 1 assist.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilda View Post
    I guess people are starting to figure out Barca.
    It was going to come one day.
    Hopefully this will put an end to their European dominance.

Quote Originally Posted by Buuz View Post
    Dutch cupfinal will be PSV - AZ. Ajax surprisingly lost 0-3, just like PEC. The American AZ-striker Jozy Altidore was the Man of the Match with 2 goals and 1 assist.
    Yep I prefer AZ over Ajax tbh.
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjames View Post
    Hopefully this will put an end to their European dominance.
    But if AC defend them out and you beat Real, you've still got Munich and PSG to worry about. Still... United treble anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by ToeyJoey View Post
    But if AC defend them out and you beat Real, you've still got Munich and PSG to worry about. Still... United treble anyone?
    I ain't worried, I'm loving the chance for us to play the big clubs, I've wanted to see us play Real for a good while now. Wouldn't mind seeing us play PSG especially since I think we are more than capable of beating them (famous last words). Don't think the treble is too likely, we'll crash out of the FA Cup in the semi final again or something. Dunno about the Champions League, it all hinges on the second leg at Old Trafford.

Not looking forward to the North London derby seeing as Wenger will just be his stubborn self and refuse to directly deal with the Bale problem and that will give Bale license to just destroy Arsenal. I can see Tottenham scoring first and Bale giving the Arsenal defense a tough time what with how the teams have been playing lately.

One thing is for certain, this will be a very very entertaining game and the win will give whichever side a huuuuuuuge boost points-wise and to the morale when going for the Champions League spot.
    Never try and argue with idiots, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Quote Originally Posted by 7 tyranitars View Post
    Yep I prefer AZ over Ajax tbh.
    Me too. Not only do i prefer AZ as our opponent, with them our chances of winning the cup twice in a row are getting bigger. Hopefully we'll grab the title as well, we deserve it after four years of bad luck.

And of course, my condolences to the family and friends of Theo Bos. He died of cancer yesterday at the age of 47. He was a footballer for Vitesse his entire carreer, then became coach of Vitesse as well as several other clubs. He was a good man and the Dutch football society will miss him.

Quote Originally Posted by J-Myc View Post
    Not looking forward to the North London derby seeing as Wenger will just be his stubborn self and refuse to directly deal with the Bale problem and that will give Bale license to just destroy Arsenal. I can see Tottenham scoring first and Bale giving the Arsenal defense a tough time what with how the teams have been playing lately.

One thing is for certain, this will be a very very entertaining game and the win will give whichever side a huuuuuuuge boost points-wise and to the morale when going for the Champions League spot.
    Agreed but I don't see Arsenal losing tomorrow, Bale has been Spurs only major threat and besides him there is nobody that Arsenal can't handle and Adebayor is useless. Spurs will be pressured to win at home and that could help Arsenal as we would see a lot more of the ball and hurt Tottenham on the counter.

Should be fun!

Yeah which is why at the very least he should prepare for Bale, to negate Bale is to stop the rest of the team as if you don't then the rest of the team get that confidence to play better than they actually are but with Bale stopped then there is no-one that can really step up to his level.

But alas we shall see what happens.
    Never try and argue with idiots, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Quote Originally Posted by Buuz View Post
    Me too. Not only do i prefer AZ as our opponent, with them our chances of winning the cup twice in a row are getting bigger. Hopefully we'll grab the title as well, we deserve it after four years of bad luck.

And of course, my condolences to the family and friends of Theo Bos. He died of cancer yesterday at the age of 47. He was a footballer for Vitesse his entire carreer, then became coach of Vitesse as well as several other clubs. He was a good man and the Dutch football society will miss him.
    This, respect for the Utrecht supporters aswell yesterday.
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

Walsall won 3-1, we're gonna get promoted.
    As to what once, it now is. For this my retirement tour, let us commence, forevermore, forevermore.

Shinji Kagawa, the first Asian player to score a Premier League hat-trick. United should never have let Park-Ji-Sung go.

WTF!!! How in the hell can we concede two stupid goals to Spurs in the space of two minutes?! I'm flabbergasted..

The Arsenal ship hit a Bale-shaped iceberg...

But weren't Tottenham 2-0 up last year, and we should all recall how that ended for them...

Statisticians Opta: "Arsenal have conceded fewer goals in the second half of matches than any other Premier League club (12) this season."
    Last edited by ToeyJoey; 3rd March 2013 at 6:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ToeyJoey View Post
    The Arsenal ship hit a Bale-shaped iceberg...

But weren't Tottenham 2-0 up last year, and we should all recall how that ended for them...

Statisticians Opta: "Arsenal have conceded fewer goals in the second half of matches than any other Premier League club (12) this season."
    Still it's 2-1 to Spurs wilth about 10 minutes left. I'm really nervous about who scores next..

Prediction: No-one scores next. (Or Bale.)

Page 126 of 266 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130136176226 ... LastLast