Page 128 of 266 FirstFirst ... 2878118124125126127128129130131132138178228 ... LastLast
Results 3,176 to 3,200 of 6645

Thread: Soccer Thread

  1. #3176
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    England, United Kingdom
    Posts
    389

    Default

    I'd say Diego Lopez deserved an Oscar for that bit of play-acting early on in the stoppage time but I don't think he convinced anyone in the ground that he was injured.

    Or perhaps I'm just bitter.

  2. #3177
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    The United States of Kingdom
    Posts
    5,494

    Default

    Oh hey, I actually made a correct prediction. I shall savour this moment.

    To be honest even though the red was harsh, I can kinda see why it was given. But I'm fairly sure referees are supposed to be fully certain before they dish out a red, and it seemed too much of a was-it-or-wasn't-it situation to warrant a red. A yellow would have done.

  3. #3178
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    On the next flight up
    Posts
    1,191

    Default

    Definitely yellow but that red card changed everything, even worse still was the fact Nani was playing quite well up till then for once. Talk about rubbing salt into the wound eh?

  4. #3179
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    1,188

    Default

    That was quite an enjoyable match which I could see Manchester United snatching right until that red card was given. There is no doubt that card changed the game however it did seem a bit strange to be leaving Wayne Rooney on the bench for a huge game such as this.

    Arsenal next and it's pretty much a forgone conclusion as even if Bayern have a bad day I do not see Arsenal putting 3 goals past them.
    Never try and argue with idiots, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience


  5. #3180
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    On the next flight up
    Posts
    1,191

    Default

    Arsenal have little to no chance I'm afraid. I'd honestly rather see Arsenal send out their second team than risk getting injuries to cruical players in the race for 4th in the league which is more doable than beating Bayern away.

  6. #3181
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    The United States of Kingdom
    Posts
    5,494

    Default

    I can't even remember when there were last no English teams in the Champions League quarters. It's going to be rather odd. This is all assuming Arsenal don't come back to win, but sadly, gone are the days such as those when we won 5-1 in the San Siro.

    Here's hoping our trio of English clubs can do the business in the Europa League. And since two of those three are Chelsea and the Spuds (sounds like a children's cartoon or a terrible band), I'm backing Newcastle!

    EDIT: Well no wonder I don't remember, the last time there were no English teams in the quarter finals was in 1996! And I would have been four years old then, so it's only natural that I don't remember such an occurence.
    Last edited by The Benmeister; 6th March 2013 at 10:08 AM.

  7. #3182
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Didney Worl
    Posts
    704

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Raider View Post
    Yeah the ref really screwed up there and have the game to Madrid which is annoying as it ruined the spectacle but Modric's goal was class though.
    The referee didn't screw up, the red was right. This dismissal seems very strange to them because they are used to the referees taking it easy on them. Even the referee commitee is supporting the referee.

    Cuneyt Cakir is from Turkey, we suffered a lot from the referees and the head of UEFA/FIFA because of the fear of Turkey Europe has. I mean, it is enough to look at the 2008 Euro semi-finals where the referee did everything in its power to make Germany beat us, which they barely did. My point is, Cuneyt Cakirwho was raised in Turkey doesn't give a crap about which team or country should get help or not which breaks the tradition and seems weird to the teams or countries who are used to getting help.

    Now that I opened this up, let me tell you guys the **** Platini did to Turkey in the last couple of years:

    - At the beginning of the last year Fenerbahce was accused of doing match fixing, yet there were no proof (and it turned out that they didn't) ad Platini immediately banned the then Turkish champions from the CL, why? because Turkey would lose coefficient points without their best playing team (and they fell apart after those years). Let's not forget the fix Lyon did againt Dinamo Zagreb (Sorry for this Aja, you guys deserved to go through).

    -That same year, they replaced the CL spot with Trabzonspor, and they did everyting in their power to eliminate them. Trabzonspor fought willingy and managed to be 3rd in the group and go to the Europe League missing the 2nd spot due to Inter purposely not fighting CSKA Moscow and the referee in that match doing everything to make CSKA win.

    - Turkey was the most popular choice to host the euro2016, yet it was given to France (Platinis country). Sure, there was a voting but, the French players already knew that they won the bid and were celebrating it BEFORE the voting.

    - After that, Turkey started a bid for euro 2020, but Platini quickly reacted and said that we can't ost the olympics and the euro at the same time. Haha, Brazil gets the next World Cup (which needs more stadiums, and work) and the olympics.

    - Even after that, Platini created a fixture which a bunch of countries from Europe get to host the Euro and stil accused Turkey that if we get the olympics than Istanbl wouldn't get the final of that tournament.

    - The start of this year Besiktas was expelled from the Europa League and the reason was that we had a lot of economic problems. Yes we do, but Valencia is worse and yet they can play at the Champions League? The same thing almost happened to Bursaspor but they managed to get rid of the ban.

    - In this years Europa League, Fenerbahce got a fan ban afte another fan ban just because of landing a torch with a parachute from the EXTERIOR of the stadium (since there was a fan ban that match). Also a year of ban from Europe for NO REASON AT ALL (whcih was delayed 2 years...)

    If this torch managed to do all this? Why didn't Marseille, whos fans opeed up the flags of a terrorist group called PKK get anything? What about Lazio?


    I know I wrote a lot, but there are a lot of un-fair things happening, blaming one red card which was right anyway seems really wrong.


    Number of Genwunners = 100
    Number of people accused of being a Genwunner = 100 000 000 000 000 000
    Number of people complaning about Genwunners = 100 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000

  8. #3183
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    the Netherlands
    Posts
    416

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hilda View Post
    The referee didn't screw up, the red was right. This dismissal seems very strange to them because they are used to the referees taking it easy on them. Even the referee commitee is supporting the referee.

    Cuneyt Cakir is from Turkey, we suffered a lot from the referees and the head of UEFA/FIFA because of the fear of Turkey Europe has. I mean, it is enough to look at the 2008 Euro semi-finals where the referee did everything in its power to make Germany beat us, which they barely did. My point is, Cuneyt Cakirwho was raised in Turkey doesn't give a crap about which team or country should get help or not which breaks the tradition and seems weird to the teams or countries who are used to getting help.

    Now that I opened this up, let me tell you guys the **** Platini did to Turkey in the last couple of years:

    - At the beginning of the last year Fenerbahce was accused of doing match fixing, yet there were no proof (and it turned out that they didn't) ad Platini immediately banned the then Turkish champions from the CL, why? because Turkey would lose coefficient points without their best playing team (and they fell apart after those years). Let's not forget the fix Lyon did againt Dinamo Zagreb (Sorry for this Aja, you guys deserved to go through).

    -That same year, they replaced the CL spot with Trabzonspor, and they did everyting in their power to eliminate them. Trabzonspor fought willingy and managed to be 3rd in the group and go to the Europe League missing the 2nd spot due to Inter purposely not fighting CSKA Moscow and the referee in that match doing everything to make CSKA win.

    - Turkey was the most popular choice to host the euro2016, yet it was given to France (Platinis country). Sure, there was a voting but, the French players already knew that they won the bid and were celebrating it BEFORE the voting.

    - After that, Turkey started a bid for euro 2020, but Platini quickly reacted and said that we can't ost the olympics and the euro at the same time. Haha, Brazil gets the next World Cup (which needs more stadiums, and work) and the olympics.

    - Even after that, Platini created a fixture which a bunch of countries from Europe get to host the Euro and stil accused Turkey that if we get the olympics than Istanbl wouldn't get the final of that tournament.

    - The start of this year Besiktas was expelled from the Europa League and the reason was that we had a lot of economic problems. Yes we do, but Valencia is worse and yet they can play at the Champions League? The same thing almost happened to Bursaspor but they managed to get rid of the ban.

    - In this years Europa League, Fenerbahce got a fan ban afte another fan ban just because of landing a torch with a parachute from the EXTERIOR of the stadium (since there was a fan ban that match). Also a year of ban from Europe for NO REASON AT ALL (whcih was delayed 2 years...)

    If this torch managed to do all this? Why didn't Marseille, whos fans opeed up the flags of a terrorist group called PKK get anything? What about Lazio?


    I know I wrote a lot, but there are a lot of un-fair things happening, blaming one red card which was right anyway seems really wrong.
    You sure sound pissed. I saw the foul Nani committed. Yellow card is obvious, red card is something to discuss about. I can understand why the ref gave the red card to Nani, but United had themselves to blame for the loss. They had plenty of chances to beat Real, which i was hoping they would do. I have nothing against Real, but i DO have something against Mourinho and Ronaldo. Stuck-up punks is what they are. >.>
    "You need stomping. And I'm a Stomptologist."

    "Trust me, any problem comes up, I'll stomp it into next week! I'll Bowserize it!"

    "Count Bleck, Floro Sapiens, whatever... Stomping fools is my business! Show me a fool, and I'll stomp it! I don't even need a reason!"



  9. #3184
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The Cool Cool River
    Posts
    2,760

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hilda View Post
    The referee didn't screw up, the red was right. This dismissal seems very strange to them because they are used to the referees taking it easy on them. Even the referee commitee is supporting the referee.
    Of course it wasn't. Which doesn't mean it wasn't hilarious.

    Only caught a bit of that though as I was watching the mighty Palace school Hull for 90 minutes.

  10. #3185
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,364

    Default

    Attempting to change the subject... The two ties tonight are pretty much over and done with bar interesting play by Valencia, and Celtic are dead and buried against Juve.

    Oh and Notts County play Leyton Orient...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bone Cold Marowak Guy View Post
    Because gen. 6 will have 126 Pokemon exactly, and show up near May 24, 2016 (give or take 3 weeks).

  11. #3186
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    The United States of Kingdom
    Posts
    5,494

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hilda View Post
    Now that I opened this up, let me tell you guys the **** Platini did to Turkey in the last couple of years:

    - At the beginning of the last year Fenerbahce was accused of doing match fixing, yet there were no proof (and it turned out that they didn't) ad Platini immediately banned the then Turkish champions from the CL, why? because Turkey would lose coefficient points without their best playing team (and they fell apart after those years). Let's not forget the fix Lyon did againt Dinamo Zagreb (Sorry for this Aja, you guys deserved to go through).

    -That same year, they replaced the CL spot with Trabzonspor, and they did everyting in their power to eliminate them. Trabzonspor fought willingy and managed to be 3rd in the group and go to the Europe League missing the 2nd spot due to Inter purposely not fighting CSKA Moscow and the referee in that match doing everything to make CSKA win.

    - Turkey was the most popular choice to host the euro2016, yet it was given to France (Platinis country). Sure, there was a voting but, the French players already knew that they won the bid and were celebrating it BEFORE the voting.

    - After that, Turkey started a bid for euro 2020, but Platini quickly reacted and said that we can't ost the olympics and the euro at the same time. Haha, Brazil gets the next World Cup (which needs more stadiums, and work) and the olympics.

    - Even after that, Platini created a fixture which a bunch of countries from Europe get to host the Euro and stil accused Turkey that if we get the olympics than Istanbl wouldn't get the final of that tournament.

    - The start of this year Besiktas was expelled from the Europa League and the reason was that we had a lot of economic problems. Yes we do, but Valencia is worse and yet they can play at the Champions League? The same thing almost happened to Bursaspor but they managed to get rid of the ban.

    - In this years Europa League, Fenerbahce got a fan ban afte another fan ban just because of landing a torch with a parachute from the EXTERIOR of the stadium (since there was a fan ban that match). Also a year of ban from Europe for NO REASON AT ALL (whcih was delayed 2 years...)

    If this torch managed to do all this? Why didn't Marseille, whos fans opeed up the flags of a terrorist group called PKK get anything? What about Lazio?


    I know I wrote a lot, but there are a lot of un-fair things happening, blaming one red card which was right anyway seems really wrong.
    Most of this just sounds like a bunch of paranoid nonsense. Almost as bad as our paranoid English media believing FIFA have some sort of agenda against us.

    The only thing I'll partially agree with is the Euro 2016 thing, it did seem a bit odd that the French supposedly knew about the outcome before it actually happened.

  12. #3187
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    England, United Kingdom
    Posts
    389

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hilda View Post
    This dismissal seems very strange to them because they are used to the referees taking it easy on them.
    I was waiting for someone to play that card. I'm surprised it took this long.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hilda View Post
    Even the referee commitee is supporting the referee.
    Isn't that always the case?

  13. #3188
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,364

    Default

    Celtic lose, sad, but inevitable. Valencia are only a goal from sending their tie to extra time so still something could happen...

    Quote Originally Posted by Ninjames' Usertitle
    NOT JACK WILSHERE
    Made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bone Cold Marowak Guy View Post
    Because gen. 6 will have 126 Pokemon exactly, and show up near May 24, 2016 (give or take 3 weeks).

  14. #3189
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Didney Worl
    Posts
    704

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ninjames View Post
    I was waiting for someone to play that card. I'm surprised it took this long.



    Isn't that always the case?

    No, that is not always the case.
    There have been numerous occasion where referees get punished where they do not get to referee any match for a while.

    Collina gave the referee 8.2 points, he even said that he should of giıven a yellow to the guy clapping. The position is a red any where in the world. It just doesn't seem like one to Manu fans because they really are used to the referees take it easy on them. It is the truth, like it or not.

    By the way, I stumbled across this
    http://www.skorer.tv/video-izle/Manc...DqqdgWU0w.html


    A FA cup match between Manu and Arsenal where Eboue of Arsenal did the same thing as Nani did the other day. Why didn't you guys act like this back then?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Benmeister View Post
    Most of this just sounds like a bunch of paranoid nonsense. Almost as bad as our paranoid English media believing FIFA have some sort of agenda against us.

    The only thing I'll partially agree with is the Euro 2016 thing, it did seem a bit odd that the French supposedly knew about the outcome before it actually happened.
    It is not paranoia, it is the truth. Paranoia would be if I said things like 'I bet them rascals are planning to do this and that'
    But these things happened, all the bans and such. The only thing which reeks of paranoia is euro 2020 thing, but the reason is really really obvious.
    Last edited by Hilda; 7th March 2013 at 6:37 PM.


    Number of Genwunners = 100
    Number of people accused of being a Genwunner = 100 000 000 000 000 000
    Number of people complaning about Genwunners = 100 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000

  15. #3190
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    The United States of Kingdom
    Posts
    5,494

    Default

    I just don't agree with any argument that teams seem to be in some sort of conspiracy to work against Turkish teams such as 'Inter purposely not fighting CSKA Moscow and the referee in that match doing everything to make CSKA win'. That is just absolute rubbish.

    And the reason Turkey's Olympic bid affected their Euro bid more than Brazil was that the Euros and Olympics take place in the SAME YEAR, and less than a month between them at that. The clashing between the two events would be ridiculous if it was ever put into practice, whereas Brazil has two years between the events.

  16. #3191
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    England, United Kingdom
    Posts
    389

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hilda View Post
    It just doesn't seem like one to Manu fans because they really are used to the referees take it easy on them. It is the truth, like it or not.
    I find it impressive that you can say with complete certainty why we feel like we do about the red card. Honestly, I'd love to possess your level of psychic ability.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hilda View Post
    A FA cup match between Manu and Arsenal where Eboue of Arsenal did the same thing as Nani did the other day. Why didn't you guys act like this back then?
    I don't even remember this challenge, though if you're asking me why we weren't in uproar over Eboue getting sent off then I can tell you the answer is simply because it means the opposition are a man down. Most football fans are guilty of this hypocrisy and will probably admit to it. This behaviour is not unique to the fans of a certain club. I'd be astonished if you told me the Real Madrid supporters reacted with shock and anger over Nani's controversial sending-off.

    Though just for the record, to me Eboue's foul looked worse than Nani's- Eboue's boot made more contact with the player and then Eboue collided with him in mid-air causing him to land awkwardly. Arbeloa just sort of fell down. Not that this insight matters much- I'm a biased, hypocritical Manchester United supporter, remember?

  17. #3192
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Didney Worl
    Posts
    704

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ninjames View Post
    I find it impressive that you can say with complete certainty why we feel like we do about the red card. Honestly, I'd love to possess your level of psychic ability.



    I don't even remember this challenge, though if you're asking me why we weren't in uproar over Eboue getting sent off then I can tell you the answer is simply because it means the opposition are a man down. Most football fans are guilty of this hypocrisy and will probably admit to it. This behaviour is not unique to the fans of a certain club. I'd be astonished if you told me the Real Madrid supporters reacted with shock and anger over Nani's controversial sending-off.

    Though just for the record, to me Eboue's foul looked worse than Nani's- Eboue's boot made more contact with the player and then Eboue collided with him in mid-air causing him to land awkwardly. Arbeloa just sort of fell down. Not that this insight matters much- I'm a biased, hypocritical Manchester United supporter, remember?
    I don't need to be a Psychic to know what Manu fans think about the red card. some of the supporters even complained to the Police (I know some ex-manu player accepted it with open arms, kudos to him).
    By the way, it doesn't matter how much contact the foot has, or how the other fell down. That move is a red card, no question.

    I want to leave this red card subject, and sorry for letting it go on too long but I have to say something else now because it just happened.

    Viktoria Plzen v.s. Fenerbahce, Plzen fans opened up a political flag saying ''Cyprus is Greek''. I saw it for a good 10 minutes. It's against to rules to do such things yet I doubt the officials of the stadium stopped them. Marseille didn't get any punishment for opening up the flags of the terrorist group PKK. Yet Turkish teams get heavy punishments for one torch. Equality is a very far concept for Europe yet they try to impose it to other countries.


    Quote Originally Posted by The Benmeister View Post
    I just don't agree with any argument that teams seem to be in some sort of conspiracy to work against Turkish teams such as 'Inter purposely not fighting CSKA Moscow and the referee in that match doing everything to make CSKA win'. That is just absolute rubbish.

    And the reason Turkey's Olympic bid affected their Euro bid more than Brazil was that the Euros and Olympics take place in the SAME YEAR, and less than a month between them at that. The clashing between the two events would be ridiculous if it was ever put into practice, whereas Brazil has two years between the events.
    Turkey is more than capable of hosting both.
    Why aren't you saying anything about the other stuff? Like the bans given? Why would they let Valencia in the CL and not Besiktas in the EL? Valencia is in a worse condition.
    Last edited by Hilda; 7th March 2013 at 8:01 PM.


    Number of Genwunners = 100
    Number of people accused of being a Genwunner = 100 000 000 000 000 000
    Number of people complaning about Genwunners = 100 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000

  18. #3193
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    The United States of Kingdom
    Posts
    5,494

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hilda
    Why aren't you saying anything about the other stuff? Like the bans given? Why would they let Valencia in the CL and not Besiktas ini the EL? Valencia is in a worse condition.
    Okay then.

    At the beginning of the last year Fenerbahce was accused of doing match fixing, yet there were no proof (and it turned out that they didn't) ad Platini immediately banned the then Turkish champions from the CL, why? because Turkey would lose coefficient points without their best playing team (and they fell apart after those years). Let's not forget the fix Lyon did againt Dinamo Zagreb (Sorry for this Aja, you guys deserved to go through).
    Well considering Fenerbache's chairman was imprisoned for match fixing, I'd say there was proof. Whilst the club itself may not have been directly involved, when is one ever involved in any financial or corruption problem?

    So they weren't banned so 'Turkey would lose co-efficient points', they were banned because of what was the case, that they were somehow involved in a match-fixing scandal. Sucks but that's how it goes.

    And the Dinamo-Lyon game has nothing to do with Turkey at all, but that is also absolute rubbish - considering Dinamo's poor form, a 0-7 loss, whilst irregular, is certainly possible. If Ajax deserved to go through, they would have drawn with Madrid to go through.

    That same year, they replaced the CL spot with Trabzonspor, and they did everyting in their power to eliminate them. Trabzonspor fought willingy and managed to be 3rd in the group and go to the Europe League missing the 2nd spot due to Inter purposely not fighting CSKA Moscow and the referee in that match doing everything to make CSKA win.
    Absolute trash. You ever consider that CSKA just played well? Inter are more than capable of throwing up a bogus result at home, especially since in that same campaign, guess what? They lost at home to Trabsonzpor! If they had won in Lille in the final matchday they'd have gotten through, but that's just how it goes.

    Turkey was the most popular choice to host the euro2016, yet it was given to France (Platinis country). Sure, there was a voting but, the French players already knew that they won the bid and were celebrating it BEFORE the voting.
    Again, I'll say that the alleged 'France knew about the outcome before it happened' is a bit weird, but it is not an agenda against Turkey.

    After that, Turkey started a bid for euro 2020, but Platini quickly reacted and said that we can't ost the olympics and the euro at the same time. Haha, Brazil gets the next World Cup (which needs more stadiums, and work) and the olympics.
    As I've said, the Euro 2020 is in June/July and the Olympics are in August. No matter what you say, that is almost impossible to pull off from an organisational point of view. Turkey can just bid for Euro 2024 anyway.

    Even after that, Platini created a fixture which a bunch of countries from Europe get to host the Euro and stil accused Turkey that if we get the olympics than Istanbl wouldn't get the final of that tournament.
    Well, yeah, surely the facilities in the Olympic capital city would rather be saved for, yaknow, the Olympics?

    The start of this year Besiktas was expelled from the Europa League and the reason was that we had a lot of economic problems. Yes we do, but Valencia is worse and yet they can play at the Champions League? The same thing almost happened to Bursaspor but they managed to get rid of the ban.
    I'll have you know that Malaga are banned from European competition for one season starting next year. So it is not just Turkey.

    In this years Europa League, Fenerbahce got a fan ban afte another fan ban just because of landing a torch with a parachute from the EXTERIOR of the stadium (since there was a fan ban that match). Also a year of ban from Europe for NO REASON AT ALL (whcih was delayed 2 years...)
    The threat of a European ban altogether is a result of repeated fan bans, I'd say launching a firework into a stadium consitutes a ban. And yeah, if fans continue to get bans there's no reason why UEFA wouldn't take action.

    If this torch managed to do all this? Why didn't Marseille, whos fans opeed up the flags of a terrorist group called PKK get anything? What about Lazio?
    Except Lazio DO have a two game ban. So, yeah.

  19. #3194
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    England, United Kingdom
    Posts
    389

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hilda View Post
    I don't need to be a Psychic to know what Manu fans think about the red card. some of the supporters even complained to the Police (I know some ex-manu player accepted it with open arms, kudos to him).
    By the way, it doesn't matter how much contact the foot has, or how the other fell down. That move is a red card, no question.
    One supporter complained about it to the police. One. He has since apologised for wasting police time. Please do not use this to label other United supporters.

    I'll tell you why we don't like the red card because this is clearly something you need educating on; it was harsh. This isn't just my opinion, but the opinion of many many people. Nani did not intend to connect with Arbeloa (I know intent is not in the rulebook, however I think it is an important aspect). The contact wasn't major (I've mentioned this already). Everyone expected, and would have settled for, a yellow card. It was a big decision for the referee to make. That red card swung the tie and, after all of our efforts, dumped us out of the Champions League.

    I like to compare Nani's challenge with the one that Nigel de Jong made against Xavi Alonso in the 2010 World Cup final. de Jong planted his foot straight into the chest of the onrushing Alonso. He was facing him the whole time. The Dutch player didn't even come very close to winning the ball. His punishment? A yellow card.

  20. #3195
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Didney Worl
    Posts
    704

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Benmeister View Post
    Okay then.



    Well considering Fenerbache's chairman was imprisoned for match fixing, I'd say there was proof. Whilst the club itself may not have been directly involved, when is one ever involved in any financial or corruption problem?

    So they weren't banned so 'Turkey would lose co-efficient points', they were banned because of what was the case, that they were somehow involved in a match-fixing scandal. Sucks but that's how it goes.

    And the Dinamo-Lyon game has nothing to do with Turkey at all, but that is also absolute rubbish - considering Dinamo's poor form, a 0-7 loss, whilst irregular, is certainly possible. If Ajax deserved to go through, they would have drawn with Madrid to go through.

    He was imprisoned yes, but they could never state if he actually did it or not. You can't deem someone guilty for something you can't prove.


    Absolute trash. You ever consider that CSKA just played well? Inter are more than capable of throwing up a bogus result at home, especially since in that same campaign, guess what? They lost at home to Trabsonzpor! If they had won in Lille in the final matchday they'd have gotten through, but that's just how it goes.
    Try to find and re-watch the last minutes of the match. You'll know something is up.

    Again, I'll say that the alleged 'France knew about the outcome before it happened' is a bit weird, but it is not an agenda against Turkey.
    Not directly, but I was talking about the un-fair things that happened and not propoganda. It was un-fair no doubt.



    As I've said, the Euro 2020 is in June/July and the Olympics are in August. No matter what you say, that is almost impossible to pull off from an organisational point of view. Turkey can just bid for Euro 2024 anyway.
    Assuming that there will be a Euro 2024, now with all these multpile countries non-sense. It is possible.

    Well, yeah, surely the facilities in the Olympic capital city would rather be saved for, yaknow, the Olympics?

    The Olympics are planned to be in Istanbul if we do get it. Istanbul already has three 5/5 star stadiums and with more on the way. Euros only use 1 stadium from each city. I don't see any problem with Türk Telekom Arnea/ Şükrü Saraçoğlu/ New Beşiktaş Stadium hosting the Euro and the Olympic stadium being used as the main base for the olympics. I also have to state that Turkey along with Russia is above Europe in terms of construction in last few years and it is going to get even better in the following years.

    I'll have you know that Malaga are banned from European competition for one season starting next year. So it is not just Turkey.

    I never said that it was just Turkey, but they ban eastern european countries way easier then the western ones.

    The threat of a European ban altogether is a result of repeated fan bans, I'd say launching a firework into a stadium consitutes a ban. And yeah, if fans continue to get bans there's no reason why UEFA wouldn't take action.

    Yeah, I'm not saying anything about getting a ban, but why not to the Marseille fans who opened up a terrorist flag? That's way worse than a torch.

    Except Lazio DO have a two game ban. So, yeah.
    I see that 2 games as nothing if you compare the events of both matches. If Lazio were a Turkish team they'd get 5 match.



    Quote Originally Posted by Ninjames View Post
    One supporter complained about it to the police. One. He has since apologised for wasting police time. Please do not use this to label other United supporters.

    I'll tell you why we don't like the red card because this is clearly something you need educating on; it was harsh. This isn't just my opinion, but the opinion of many many people. Nani did not intend to connect with Arbeloa (I know intent is not in the rulebook, however I think it is an important aspect). The contact wasn't major (I've mentioned this already). Everyone expected, and would have settled for, a yellow card. It was a big decision for the referee to make. That red card swung the tie and, after all of our efforts, dumped us out of the Champions League.

    I like to compare Nani's challenge with the one that Nigel de Jong made against Xavi Alonso in the 2010 World Cup final. de Jong planted his foot straight into the chest of the onrushing Alonso. He was facing him the whole time. The Dutch player didn't even come very close to winning the ball. His punishment? A yellow card.
    Whos to say the World Cup referee wasn't wrong? Collina gave the Manu- Real match 8.2 points.
    Last edited by Hilda; 7th March 2013 at 9:14 PM.


    Number of Genwunners = 100
    Number of people accused of being a Genwunner = 100 000 000 000 000 000
    Number of people complaning about Genwunners = 100 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000

  21. #3196
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,364

    Default

    Chelsea lost in Romania so that'll poise that one nicely for a trip to the Bridge next week and Newcastle got a nice draw at Anzhi, watched most of the game, (second half,) and it was pretty dull but football's football. Oh and not to disappoint all the resident Arsenal fans but a certain Welshman just scored again... (And it wasn't Aaron Ramsey...)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bone Cold Marowak Guy View Post
    Because gen. 6 will have 126 Pokemon exactly, and show up near May 24, 2016 (give or take 3 weeks).

  22. #3197
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Didney Worl
    Posts
    704

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ToeyJoey View Post
    Chelsea lost in Romania so that'll poise that one nicely for a trip to the Bridge next week and Newcastle got a nice draw at Anzhi, watched most of the game, (second half,) and it was pretty dull but football's football. Oh and not to disappoint all the resident Arsenal fans but a certain Welshman just scored again... (And it wasn't Aaron Ramsey...)
    Dang, I wanted Newcastle to win. I like that team.


    Number of Genwunners = 100
    Number of people accused of being a Genwunner = 100 000 000 000 000 000
    Number of people complaning about Genwunners = 100 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000

  23. #3198
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    the Netherlands
    Posts
    3,189

    Default

    Tot - Int 1-0 who else then Bale.
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

  24. #3199
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Didney Worl
    Posts
    704

    Default

    There were no surprise results today except maybe Chelsea. Lazio is doing pretty good, they give me a vibe that they will go to the final.


    Number of Genwunners = 100
    Number of people accused of being a Genwunner = 100 000 000 000 000 000
    Number of people complaning about Genwunners = 100 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000

  25. #3200
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Undella town
    Posts
    1,117

    Default

    Oh no. Bale misses the next match, spurs better take as many goals as they can tonight.
    My Shiny Pokemon:

    5th Gen:
    ;Emolga; ;Solosis;

    6th Gen:
    Greninja ;Volcarona; (X2) Aegislash ;Lampent; Diggersby

    Luvin' the t'wigs <3
    3DS fc: Paddy 2621-3316-5077 (Pm if you add me)

Page 128 of 266 FirstFirst ... 2878118124125126127128129130131132138178228 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •