Page 129 of 266 FirstFirst ... 2979119125126127128129130131132133139179229 ... LastLast
Results 3,201 to 3,225 of 6643

Thread: Soccer Thread

Aww yeah 1-0 for Benfica! Also like how Chelsea lost and Inter is losing, some of the hardest teams losing could be good (though Tottenham is also really good, that Bale)

He was imprisoned yes, but they could never state if he actually did it or not. You can't deem someone guilty for something you can't prove.
    Except the investigation is still ongoing, so who's saying they won't?

Try to find and re-watch the last minutes of the match. You'll know something is up.
    My point still stands, regardless of what you think may have happened at Inter, that if Trabzonspor had just won in Lille then they'd have been through anyway.

Not directly, but I was talking about the un-fair things that happened and not propoganda. It was un-fair no doubt.
    Maybe, but countries are always going claim unfair if they don't get the vote. Just look at the whole World Cup 2022 thing.

Assuming that there will be a Euro 2024, now with all these multpile countries non-sense. It is possible.
    Assuming Turkey don't also bid for the 2024 Olympics if they should fail to win the 2020 bid, there's no reason why they can't contend to host it.

The Olympics are planned to be in Istanbul if we do get it. Istanbul already has three 5/5 star stadiums and with more on the way. Euros only use 1 stadium from each city. I don't see any problem with Türk Telekom Arnea/ Şükrü Saraçoğlu/ New Beşiktaş Stadium hosting the Euro and the Olympic stadium being used as the main base for the olympics. I also have to state that Turkey along with Russia is above Europe in terms of construction in last few years and it is going to get even better in the following years.
    It's not to do with facilities, it's to do with organisation and financing. You realise how much it would cost and plan to host two events within three months?

I never said that it was just Turkey, but they ban eastern european countries way easier then the western ones.
    What are you basing this on? If that is somehow the case, then it's because western finances are better I guess. But recently teams such as Mallorca have been denied entry into Europa due to finances so don't assume it's something against eastern countries.

Yeah, I'm not saying anything about getting a ban, but why not to the Marseille fans who opened up a terrorist flag? That's way worse than a torch.
    Well that's true, but Fenerbahce also had a 'Murderer Israel, Free Palestine' flag during that same game so it could've gone both ways if so.

I see that 2 games as nothing if you compare the events of both matches. If Lazio were a Turkish team they'd get 5 match.
    Except Lazio's ban is two games. Fenerbahce's ban, given at the same time as Lazio's, is one game. One < two. So I don't know where you're getting that from. Punishment is equal relative to the incident.

Quote Originally Posted by 7 tyranitars View Post
    Tot - Int 1-0 who else then Bale.
    Bale then who else, Sigurdsson scores what is apparently his first goal at White Heart Lane. He's not been the same player that he was at Swansea. Some of his goals were unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilda View Post
    There were no surprise results today except maybe Chelsea. Lazio is doing pretty good, they give me a vibe that they will go to the final.
    Chelsea haven't really been on form recently so them not winning isn't a shock but you may have expected the Champions of Europe to take a point.

Quote Originally Posted by PaddysTurtwigFanClub View Post
    Oh no. Bale misses the next match, spurs better take as many goals as they can tonight.
    Booked for diving, he doesn't want to start that again. When good players, namely Suarez, start doing this they get themselves into heaps of bother when they have a legitimate claim for a penalty. Reputations preceeding them indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSirPeras View Post
    Aww yeah 1-0 for Benfica! Also like how Chelsea lost and Inter is losing, some of the hardest teams losing could be good (though Tottenham is also really good, that Bale)
    Not quite sure how good Benfica are these days but nobody would say no to a lead at home...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bone Cold Marowak Guy View Post
    Because gen. 6 will have 126 Pokemon exactly, and show up near May 24, 2016 (give or take 3 weeks).

I decided to drop but for the last thing you said, so I should get equal time of jail for killing someone than stealing someones wallet? Whatever....

Number of Genwunners = 100
    Number of people accused of being a Genwunner = 100 000 000 000 000 000
    Number of people complaning about Genwunners = 100 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000

3-0 and looking easy for Spurs. Inter just can't handle Spurs defensively.

Wigan looking good against Everton so far, right on cue. And I'm hoping the Tykes can pull off a miracle at the Etihad. Big game tomorrow though. Both coming off a loss in Europe Millwall vs. Blackburn United vs. Chelsea should be a cracker.

3-0 Wigan.
    Last edited by ToeyJoey; 9th March 2013 at 2:21 PM.
    Because gen. 6 will have 126 Pokemon exactly, and show up near May 24, 2016 (give or take 3 weeks).

If Wigan can hang on then this will be a fantastic day in their history and may well provide a morale boost to their league games. Almost there guys!

Hala Wigan!
    Last edited by Ninjames; 9th March 2013 at 3:41 PM.

Congratluations to Wigan, but it's that time of year so it's hardly unexpected. The Tykes, however, could not cope with City at all. So much for that massive upset... Hope we beat Newcastle tomorrow but it's an away game, I'm correctly sceptical. 7 points to the magic 40.

Walsall snatched a draw but dropped down, we'll still make the play offs.
    As to what once, it now is. For this my retirement tour, let us commence, forevermore, forevermore.

Went to Crawley-Notts County. Was 0-0. We move on.

I had a sneaky feeling Wigan would get a draw at Goodison but definitely not see a 3-0 pasting coming. A Wigan-Blackburn semi would be pretty tasty.

I'm fully expecting Man Utd to win against Chelsea, no question. If they don't, I'll be very surprised.

Currently 1-1 against Newcastle, a game I will happily take a point from. Happily. Edit: There goes that point... Need more Huth.

Statisticians Opta: "6 - Javier Hernandez has now netted in six of his last seven games against Chelsea in all competitions. Sharp."

United lead, the last time I pointed this out a decision occurred...

Rooney. 2-0.

Edit: I'm awful.
    Last edited by ToeyJoey; 10th March 2013 at 7:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ToeyJoey View Post
    United lead, the last time I pointed this out a decision occurred...

Rooney. 2-0.
    I think you just jinxed it again. Perhaps you should refrain from posting until after the final whistle. xD

I forgot to mention a far more important result than Wigan winning (congrats, they beat a team in the same division *sarcastically claps*), and that is, with all due hypocrisy, Annan winning, WOOO!
    As to what once, it now is. For this my retirement tour, let us commence, forevermore, forevermore.

I'm just happy that Spurs lost to Liverpool, maybe Arsenal can capitalise? Also great comeback from Chelsea but I thought they shoul of won it, Torres had chances and Mata was unlucky. I wonder when the replay will be scheduled for?

And did anyone see Drogba's recent penalty miss?

Disappointed by United. Needed that all important 3rd goal to finish the game off.
    Got a bit too relaxed in the second half.
    Valencia was horrible, he's gotten more annoying than Nani, with the ball.
    It was a win-win situation.

'What I wanted to protect.. . was you, Ichigo.' -Tensa Zangetsu

Lieutenant of Squad 7.
    Join the Bleach Club!

Well, colour me surprised! Went for a nap (unintentionally) with Man Utd 2-0 up, and wake up to find the game is 2-2, well there you go.

FA Cup semis has the potential of being a Manchester and a Lancashire derby, or they could be gatecrashed by two London clubs that could meet in the final. Interesting.

Also Atletico drop points at home for the first time this season, to Real Sociedad who much to my surprise are occupying the fourth Champions League spot! It's a close race with Betis, Valencia and Vallecano all right in there. Also that result means Real Madrid pop up into second place.

EDIT: Oh, and of course Spurs lost! Hooray!

Also I booked tickets for my next ground on the list of the ninety-two grounds, Selhurt Park, for Crystal Palace against Barnsley. I'm pretty sure Barnsley have a notoriously poor away record but I've been to see home teams face them three times, Watford, Charlton and MK Dons, but they've all lost to Barnsley! It's one of those weird jinxes that I intend on breaking!
    Last edited by The Benmeister; 11th March 2013 at 12:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Raider View Post
    Torres had chances
    But he's still Torres.

Speaking of jinxes, I feel I almost should give Ninjames some compensation after what's happened to United twice this week after I've mentioned something.

Benmeister, what grounds have you visited so far?

^ I only ask that you mention something when Arsenal go a few goals down to Man Utd, and hope that it instigates some sort of amazing comeback.

I suppose I could start taking requests. I wonder if it's just for United or for all teams...

Quote Originally Posted by ToeyJoey View Post
    And then Pete.

Can we never beat Wigan...?
    I did it to myself then, oh and earlier today.

Quote Originally Posted by Armando Payne View Post
    Benmeister, what grounds have you visited so far?
    Er, hang on:

Stamford Bridge
    Emirates Stadium
    Craven Cottage
    Madejski Stadium
    Loftus Road
    King Power Stadium
    Vicarage Road
    The Den
    The Valley
    Griffin Park
    County Ground
    Stadium:mk
    Broadfield Stadium
    Lamex Stadium
    Ricoh Arena
    Meadow Lane
    Brisbane Road
    New Meadow
    Community Stadium
    Victoria Park
    Vale Park
    Victoria Road
    Adams Park
    Kingsmeadow

Nearly all of them are either in London or down south, purely because I've always lived down south, and now that I live near London I feel obligated to do all the London grounds. Only four left!

Have you catched any Walsall games?

I once watched MK Dons 1-1 Walsall, that was in Walsall's promotion season from League Two.

In news, Brian McDermott leaves Reading. An interesting development, he did a good job in getting them up in the first place. Wonder who'll replace him. Where's Alan Curbishley these days? He'd help them out for sure.

I remember when he managed Charlton, that was a few years ago... McDermott's done a petty good job there though, but Reading won't stay up.

Yeah, Reading won't stay up, but that's a pretty damn rash decision ain't it? I mean a month ago he was Barclay's Manager Of The Month.

Page 129 of 266 FirstFirst ... 2979119125126127128129130131132133139179229 ... LastLast