Page 134 of 265 FirstFirst ... 3484124130131132133134135136137138144184234 ... LastLast
Results 3,326 to 3,350 of 6618

Thread: Soccer Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ToeyJoey View Post
    Quick question: Should Hart have started?
    Better him than Foster.

Foster's been in damn good form this season, and Hart's been pretty shaky on occasion. Plus, wouldn't it be nice to give someone else a go and save him for Montenegro? (Not that goalkeepers really need resting too much...)

BBC Live Text Commentary:

"We expect San Marino to play a flat back five, with a flat back four just in front of them.

Call it a flat back nine."
    Quote Originally Posted by Bone Cold Marowak Guy View Post
    Because gen. 6 will have 126 Pokemon exactly, and show up near May 24, 2016 (give or take 3 weeks).

The Netherlands - Estonia 3-0 First half was awful, we played in a too low of a pace, and estonia played with 8 man close to their goal.

Second half much better.
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

Which team can make 8-0 boring? En-ger-lund...

Much more interesting game would've been Poland 1-3 Ukraine, I am part Ukrainian after all...
    Because gen. 6 will have 126 Pokemon exactly, and show up near May 24, 2016 (give or take 3 weeks).

It will have been boring because it was so one-sided. If I'm honest I wasn't really in the mood to watch the game but did so out of duty. I'm not even sure why ITV chose to broadcast it.

San Marino watch!

It was not to be for the worst team in Europe, losing to England 8-0, their heaviest defeat since a 11-0 loss in Eindhoven to the Netherlands eighteen months ago. Next up is a trip to Warsaw to face fourth placed Poland.

Well that England game wasn't much besides the goals there wasn't really anything interesting in it. Ireland drew 0-0 vs Sweden not a bad result for a team with a manager that believes in defense.

We drew 0-0 thanks to Grigg deciding that getting injured whilst not playing football is better than helping his teammates achieve promotion.
    As to what once, it now is. For this my retirement tour, let us commence, forevermore, forevermore.

San Marino watch!

61st faces 207th tonight as San Marino travel to Warsaw to face Poland. Europe's worst team have even more reason than usual to be pessimistic, as in their twenty-three year history they have faced Poland six times and lost all six, scoring none and conceding twenty three. Their last meeting was in a 2010 World Cup qualifier in Kielce almost four years ago, with Poland winning 10-0. San Marino are also coming off a heavy 8-0 defeat to England, their worst home result in six and a half years. Their only consolation going into this game is that Poland also suffered a home defeat in their last game, 3-1 to Ukraine, although that might just make them stronger.

Wish I could watch the England game tonight but alas, I'll be out. Going for a 1-0 win for Hodgson's boys. If I'm honest I think the game in Montenegro will be easier than facing them in our home game, we seem to do well away but then freeze up at Wembley, although we have lessened that trend recently.

Are Poland really ranked 61st? Wow, I thought they'd be much higher with players like Lewandowski and Błaszczykowski.

As an English person I really really want Montenegro to win.
    As to what once, it now is. For this my retirement tour, let us commence, forevermore, forevermore.

Quote Originally Posted by Armando Payne View Post
    As an English person I really really want Montenegro to win.
    I never understand when people root against their own country.

A match gets +4 extra minutes, the one side lays down for half of it and the referee blows the whistle a minute before the actual time. Only +1 is played. Guess which match this is?

Number of Genwunners = 100
    Number of people accused of being a Genwunner = 100 000 000 000 000 000
    Number of people complaning about Genwunners = 100 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000

Football Watch:
    (Brought to you by http://www.flashscore.com/)
    World Cup Qualifiers:
    Africa:
    FT Egypt 2-1 Zimbabwe
    HT Algeria 1-1 Benin

Asia: (All FT.)
    Australia 2-2 Oman
    South Korea 2-1 Qatar
    Uzbekistan 1-0 Lebanon
    Jordan 2-1 Japan

Oceania(All FT):
    Solomon Islands 0-2 New Zealand
    New Caledonia 1-0 Tahiti

Europe:
    FT Armenia 0-3 Czech Republic
    FT 10 Man Azerbaijan 0-2 Portugal
    FT Estonia 2-0 Andorra
    FT Turkey 1-1 Hungary
    83 Ukraine 2-1 Moldova
    69 Denmark 1-1 Bulgaria
    51 Netherlands 1-0 Romania
    54 Serbia 0-0 Scotland
    HT Belgium 0-0 FYR Macedonia
    HT Germany 3-0 Kazakhstan
    HT Ireland 2-1 Austria
    HT Malta 0-2 Italy
    HT Northern Ireland 0-0 Israel
    HT Poland 2-0 San Marino
    HT Wales 1-0 Croatia
    44 France 0-0 Spain
    42 Montenegro 0-1 England

South America:
    41 Bolivia 1-0 Argentina
    STP Ecuador V Paraguay
    STP Chile V Uruguay

Key: Numbers = Minutes Played, HT = Half Time, FT = Full Time, STP = Still To Play.

The Netherlands - romania 4-0 Not bad. We are 7 points ahead of the number 2 Hungary I think we can safely say we are almost there.
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

^ And Spain & France's game was the 7th game in the group when at least one of the teams only scored 1 goal. (I.E Either 1-0 or 1-1.) Also, Scotland became the first team to get knocked out of the World Cup Qualifiers (In Europe) and New Zealand qualified through to their play-offs. (Keep in mind this is the only unbeaten team in the World Cup.)

Quote Originally Posted by Garnet Til Alexandros XVII View Post
    I never understand when people root against their own country.
    I will never understand that either. Indifference I can understand, but supporting a team that is in no way related to your native country makes absolutely no sense, and yet so many people do it. No matter how good or crap we are I'll always be behind England, be it football, cricket, rugby, speedway or whatever.

Speaking of England, sucks that we only drew. We seem to be incapable of winning the big games. But that game's behind us now, and the good thing is we have our fate in our own hands, win all our four games and we're top. Three of them are at home too. But one of those is against Montenegro who we haven't beaten in three games now, and the away game is Ukraine, which I'd be surprised if we win there. If Montenegro beat Poland and Ukraine in their remaining four games and top the group though you can't really say that they don't deserve it, but still plenty to play for.

Anyway, San Marino watch!

Well it went as expected as usual for the minnows, losing 5-0 in Poland, although losing by half the margin of their previous visit to Poland, so I suppose that can be called an 'improvement'. Still, that's 13-0 down from the two group games this international break. San Marino have still not scored competitively in nearly four and a half years, Andy Selva netting in a 3-1 home defeat to Slovakia in 2010 World Cup qualification. The worst team in Europe have a two month break now before their next game, a friendly against Italy.

Elsewhere Japan could have been the first non-host team to qualify for the 2014 showpiece games by getting a point at bottom of the group Jordan, but they contrived to lose, and such is the closeness of the group, Jordan are now second.

Well now it's back to the bread and butter of league football, and my dear Arsenal's next game is at home to Reading, who incidentally today appointed Nigel Adkins as their new manager. A good appointment I must say, even though me and most others agree it is with the likelihood that he'll be getting relegated, but then set the aim of getting promotion back to the Premier League. And why not? In his previous jobs at S****horpe and Southampton he's achieved four promotions total, can't complain about that! A 1-0 Arsenal win methinks though.

EDIT: Ooh, also, my Crystal Palace versus Barnsley ticket arrived recently. Hopefully I see a team actually beat the Tykes this time!
    Last edited by The Benmeister; 27th March 2013 at 12:58 AM.

^ To be fair, 2 out of the 5 goals were penalties and another one was in like the 91st minute, so yeah it is a hell of an improvement for the San Marinese. (Also Ecuador destroyed Paraguay (where oddly out of the 4 goalscorers in the 4-1 win, only one of them didn't get substituted and Chile are currently beating Uruguay.)

Also the reason I wanted Montenegro to win is because they're small and pathetic. (Also due to 2012 logic, they're doing well. (2012 logic is good times for everyone, 2013 logic is same old, same old.))

Martin O'Neill is sacked as Sunderland manager. The managerial merry-go-round continues.

In happier news, Wigan won again and are out of the bottom three! Hurrah!

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjames View Post
    Martin O'Neill is sacked as Sunderland manager. The managerial merry-go-round continues.

In happier news, Wigan won again and are out of the bottom three! Hurrah!
    I dont see why Sunderland sacked O Neill. I mean they have been falling down the table recently and without a manager they will surely end up in the relegation zone and unless someone steps in in the next day or two, Sunderland's season will be over. But what really confuses me is that he was sacked after they lost 0-1 to Man United, which is a good enough result for Sunderland. TBH they didnt play too bad, but at this stage of the league, its all about scoring goals and getting points on the table. Which is Sunderlands biggest problem, they cant score.
    As for Wigan, leave them to it. They know what theyre doing.
    Last edited by *PKMN Trainer Paddy*; 31st March 2013 at 10:38 AM.
    My Shiny Pokemon:

5th Gen:
    ;Emolga; ;Solosis;

6th Gen:
    Greninja ;Volcarona; (X2) Aegislash ;Lampent; Diggersby

Luvin' the t'wigs <3
    3DS fc: Paddy 2621-3316-5077 (Pm if you add me)

Mexico is playing horribly, and I still can't believe the US lost to Honduras. We are still undefeated in the World Cup qualifiers even though we still can't win, at this rate we may not even qualify.

Quote Originally Posted by PaddysTurtwigFanClub View Post
    I dont see why Sunderland sacked O Neill. I mean they have been falling down the table recently and without a manager they will surely end up in the relegation zone and unless someone steps in in the next day or two, Sunderland's season will be over. But what really confuses me is that he was sacked after they lost 0-1 to Man United, which is a good enough result for Sunderland. TBH they didnt play too bad, but at this stage of the league, its all about scoring goals and getting points on the table. Which is Sunderlands biggest problem, they cant score.
    As for Wigan, leave them to it. They know what theyre doing.
    I think Sunderland have it all planned out and that they had somebody else lined up for the managers role before O'Neill was sacked.

Aston Villa lost to Liverpool 2-1, the bottom of the table looks really tight right now, I don't know who will go down yet. Good stuff for the neutrals.

Aston Villa
    QPR
    Reading

This will be the bottom three. (Subject to change...)

I really, really wish the Premiership acted like League 1 and 4 teams went down instead of 3 because Villa, Sunderland, QPR & Reading are too appalling for the Premiership.

Page 134 of 265 FirstFirst ... 3484124130131132133134135136137138144184234 ... LastLast