Page 135 of 265 FirstFirst ... 3585125131132133134135136137138139145185235 ... LastLast
Results 3,351 to 3,375 of 6608

Thread: Soccer Thread

Di Canio at Sunderland? The media will be all over this one methinks. Sunderland are known for their risky appointments, Roy Keane etc, but it has paid off before.

Quote Originally Posted by The Benmeister View Post
    Di Canio at Sunderland? The media will be all over this one methinks. Sunderland are known for their risky appointments, Roy Keane etc, but it has paid off before.
    Di Canio is now officially Sunderland's new manager on a two and a half year contract. The media will be eating this one up that's for sure. It is Di Canio we're talking about, he's Italian, outspoken and a fascist after all.

I didn't want us to win the FA Cup anyway...

Wigan FA Cup champions 2013. Calling it now.

I'm on board with that. Wigan 2013.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bone Cold Marowak Guy View Post
    Because gen. 6 will have 126 Pokemon exactly, and show up near May 24, 2016 (give or take 3 weeks).

Screw that, Millwall's gonna win.
    As to what once, it now is. For this my retirement tour, let us commence, forevermore, forevermore.

I'd like to see Wigan in Europe to be honest (by reaching the final). I reckon they'll stay up, too, I think the third relegation place will go to a team no one will expect, like Stoke. But there's always one team that tumbles down the table late on.

Never mind that rubbish, Walsall are 2-0 up and Pompey are winning but sadly Notts County are playing softball.
    As to what once, it now is. For this my retirement tour, let us commence, forevermore, forevermore.

A cracker of a game at Fulham beating QPR 3-2. Crazy game and Berbatov is just amazing, some of his touches were just pure genius.

Barcelona 2 PSG 2 good game from both teams though PSG were lucky to get their goals, first one could of been given for offside and the second came from a mistake by Valdes. I'm starting to hate all this hype around Beckham. I mean yeah 38 and still going strong and is a good player but really the English media make it seem he is to PSG what Messi is to Barcelona. Too much hype for someone who hasn't done much for the team on the pitch.

Also Bayern Munich beat juventus 2-0 kind of an expected result.....

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmareisalive View Post
    Barcelona 2 PSG 2 good game from both teams though PSG were lucky to get their goals, first one could of been given for offside and the second came from a mistake by Valdes. I'm starting to hate all this hype around Beckham. I mean yeah 38 and still going strong and is a good player but really the English media make it seem he is to PSG what Messi is to Barcelona. Too much hype for someone who hasn't done much for the team on the pitch.

Also Bayern Munich beat juventus 2-0 kind of an expected result.....
    I disagree, PSG had some very strong periods in the game and a tie was not completly undeserved
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

It was deserved, but they were still lucky to get the goals they did. Think Barcelona should win the home leg though.

Quote Originally Posted by 7 tyranitars View Post
    I disagree, PSG had some very strong periods in the game and a tie was not completly undeserved
    Valdes sure screwed up with PSG's equaliser, the last kick of the game as well. Could be a costly mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by 7 tyranitars View Post
    I' m not saying it's not deserved but when you look at them they did have an element of luck in them. First one could of been given for offside and the second came from a mistake by Valdes both quite lucky to get. PSG did deserve the draw though I don' t think they can get anything at the Nou Camp Barcelona usually turn up the heat there.

Not a good night for the goalkeepers in Paris was it?

So a mixed night for English teams in the europa league. Chelsea won 3-1 with Torres scoring 2, Spurs drew 2-2 and Newcastle lost to Benfica 3-1. Biggest news being Bale Getting injured. Does anyone seeing Spurs slipping out of the top 4? I do with Bale and other players injured and some tough games coming up against Everton and city I see then losing pace with the other teams.

Bale might only miss a couple of games, his injury isn't thought to be serious.

In other news I heard that Paolo di Canio is planning on starting 11 right-wingers against Chelsea.

*ba dum tsh*

The CL semi-finalers are not too hard to guess right now. I wonder if the next draw will be rigged like the previous rounds. A guy called Ahmet Çakar drew the same draw of the CL and EL quarter-finals onl live tv a few weeks ago. Not nice of UEFA to not pit the 4 faves against each other so they can get more revenue in the next rounds.

Number of Genwunners = 100
    Number of people accused of being a Genwunner = 100 000 000 000 000 000
    Number of people complaning about Genwunners = 100 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000

So, ridiculously, it is feasable for Bayern Munich to clinch the Bundesliga today. Just to underline how insanely good they have been all season, they have not dropped a point since the fourteenth of December, and have only dropped nine league points at all, with only one defeat, that coming at home to Leverkusen. Also since that date, they have won all but one game in EVERY competition, with that exception being the home defeat to Arsenal in the UCL second leg. Needless to say, they are still on for a domestic treble (quadruple if you count the Super Cup), a feat they so nearly achieved a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by The Benmeister View Post
    So, ridiculously, it is feasable for Bayern Munich to clinch the Bundesliga today. Just to underline how insanely good they have been all season, they have not dropped a point since the fourteenth of December, and have only dropped nine league points at all, with only one defeat, that coming at home to Leverkusen. Also since that date, they have won all but one game in EVERY competition, with that exception being the home defeat to Arsenal in the UCL second leg. Needless to say, they are still on for a domestic treble (quadruple if you count the Super Cup), a feat they so nearly achieved a few years ago.
    One of the few teams to off improved since last season. Seems losing to Chelsea in the champions league final has really spurred them on. I'm hoping they get either Barcelona or Real Madrid next round now that would be games worth watching. I wouldn't count out Bayern taking Barcelona's title as the worlds best team soon.

Here's a strange little story; Barnsley were forced to borrow and wear Crystal Palace's away kit in their game at Selhurst Park because the referee deemed Barnsley's home and away kits too similar to Palace's home kit. One wonders why Palace didn't wear their away kit and Barnsley their home kit which is what they did earlier on in the season...

^ I was there today/yesterday, the Palace fans sang a nice little number 'are you Palace in disguise?'.

AND FOLKS BAYERN MUNICH ARE THE CHAMPIONS OF GERMANY!!!! Hehehe, good on Bayern

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightGengar View Post
    AND FOLKS BAYERN MUNICH ARE THE CHAMPIONS OF GERMANY!!!! Hehehe, good on Bayern
    Quickest domestic title win and only 13 goals conceded all season. Bayern are simply incredible and with Pep taking over next season, who knows how good Bayern will be.

Back to the Premier League and some good key games today, Tottenham v Everton and QPR v Wigan. Two important games at both ends of the table. As an Arsenal fan, I want Spurs to drop points and I think QPR are as good as gone if they don't win today. Looking forward to seeing what drama unfolds.

Chelsea's through even though they lost 3-2 with Rubin. Still early in the other matches so it's still 0-0, but Benfica has had one good chance already against Newcastle. Predicting that Tottenham, Fenerbahce and Benfica will go through, though it would be awesome if Basel made it through

The Hoenn Brothers

As soon as Adebayor stepped up to take that penalty I knew he was going to miss. Dear oh dear.

Page 135 of 265 FirstFirst ... 3585125131132133134135136137138139145185235 ... LastLast