Page 136 of 266 FirstFirst ... 3686126132133134135136137138139140146186236 ... LastLast
Results 3,376 to 3,400 of 6643

Thread: Soccer Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjames View Post
    As soon as Adebayor stepped up to take that penalty I knew he was going to miss. Dear oh dear.
    Typical because Adebayor is crap. Maybe it's because I'm an Arsenal fan but he really is just an average player at best. But now Tottenham are out, they'll be focused on the league again but I hope Man City do us a favour and beat them as well as Arsenal to see off Norwich too.

The Champions League semis were going to be tasty either way. I'm predicting a Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund final, now that would be something. And I predict that on the basis that Bayern Munich are in the best form in Europe (that I know of, aka the top ten European leagues) and that Borussia Dortmund are still unbeaten in the competition. But of course it's foolish to write off Barcelona and Real Madrid and it could also easily be an El Classico final which would be equally tasty, I just don't think it'll happen.

As for the Europa, Benfica against Chelsea for the final would seem to be the obvious outcome but you never know, both semis will be tight regardless of the outcome.

The thing with having a Barcelona-Real Champions League final is that it would just descend into chaos, there's too much hostility between the two. Putting the biggest trophy in club football between them would only make things worse. I'd prefer a Dortmund-Bayern final.

I'd rather see a Bayern vs Real final. Two solid teams on paper and could go either way and Benfica vs Chelsea would make an interesting contest in the Europa League.

This is a very nice draw. Borussia Dortmund and Real Madrid, on paper, Madrid should win the tie, but matches arent won on paper. Borussia dortmund have fought, played with heart and deserve to be where they are. I would really like Borussia Dortmund to go out and beat Madrid like in the group stages.
    As for that other little match.. Bayern Munich.. Barcelona.. Meh. But honestly, this will be the best from United and Real . I couldnt sperate the two. While Munich have Ribery, Robben, Sweinstieger etc. I do think little leo will be the difference. So a Barca vs. Dortmund final. A final Borussia Dortmund and Jurgen Klopp (only mentioned because of the supercool name) deserve to win. (I love barca too)
    My Shiny Pokemon:

5th Gen:
    ;Emolga; ;Solosis;

6th Gen:
    Greninja ;Volcarona; (X2) Aegislash ;Lampent; Diggersby

Luvin' the t'wigs <3
    3DS fc: Paddy 2621-3316-5077 (Pm if you add me)

WALSALL ARE 6TH AS IT STANDS BABY. Because, THAT'S WHAT WE DO. We're gonna get promoted because we're allergic to losing, like we've only lost one game all year, we're better then Bayern, better then Barca, better then Chelsea, name a team, any team, Magical Magyars, Liverpool 1970s-1990s, any goddamn team, it does not matter Walsall's better then them.
    As to what once, it now is. For this my retirement tour, let us commence, forevermore, forevermore.

^ Now you're eighth. Hard luck.

But at least Arsenal are now third! Suck on that Spuds!

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Raider View Post
    But at least Arsenal are now third! Suck on that Spuds!
    Spuds back where they are meant to be! that ref was a disgrace must of been a spurs fan, didn't give anything to arsenal and gave Norwich a free kick which never was (he tripped over his own feet!).

Sadly the FA cup semi final was ruined by some Milwall fans who decided to fight each other and the police in the stands. No call for it at all and takes all the attention away from Wigans win. The FA are going to have to handout bans it's the only way to stop this type of thing happening again.

"Oh dear, our team is losing in the FA Cup semi-final. Maybe if we fight each other things will start to turn around."

^ Millwall fans are a disgrace. Probably the worst fans in Britain, I seen them before snorting coke, smoking weed, being rasict. They're scum. Let's hope City vs Chelsea goes more smoothly.

So this season will be one of those rare seasons where Chelsea don't win the FA Cup. I wonder if it will be one of those even rarer seasons where Wigan DO win it?

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjames View Post
    So this season will be one of those rare seasons where Chelsea don't win the FA Cup. I wonder if it will be one of those even rarer seasons where Wigan DO win it?
    Yeah but they still got a shot at the Europa League though. I'll be definitely supporting Wigan in the final.

Great open game today with both teams going at it. Lovely goal from Ba again, I wanted Chelsea to score again so there could be extra time.

Does anyone what happened to PSV in Holland. They are third in the table six points behind Ajex when not long ago Ajex where struggling to keep pace with them. Sad to see a team that has scored 90 goals this season fail towards the end of it.

^ Ajax have just been in blistering form, maybe because they're out of Europe and the KNVB Cup, and they recently won at PSV.

And the Eredivisie is like that, a few years ago Ajax scored over a hundred goals and a goal difference of over eighty but still finished second.

Damn and I thought Ajax where not gonna get anywhere near the title this season. Well it looks like a good league if a team can score so many goals and not finish first. I always meant to watch that league it got some good teams and players sadly I don't have ESPN and I don't like watching streams online.

Off to Gillingham vs. Wimbledon tomorrow, might be the match in which Gillingham win League Two, which would be nice to be around for. Interestingly my stepdad used to work with Martin Allen (Gillingham manager) and did not have many good things to say about him. He is a bit of an unpleasant character sometimes but is pretty good at managing and I guess that's all that matters in football. Will also probably be the last football match I go to this season, unless I completely change my mind and go to a playoff game.

Also this weekend, Reading and QPR could both go down, Hull could go up, Doncaster and Bournemouth could go up, S****horpe could go down, Port Vale could go up, and Aldershot and Barnet could go down. I love the end of the season. Oh yeah, and Man Utd could win the title.

I hope we wrap the title up this weekend, I can't take the possibility that we might still throw it away. Just want to get it over with now!

Quote Originally Posted by Armando Payne View Post
    WALSALL ARE 6TH AS IT STANDS BABY. Because, THAT'S WHAT WE DO. We're gonna get promoted because we're allergic to losing, like we've only lost one game all year, we're better then Bayern, better then Barca, better then Chelsea, name a team, any team, Magical Magyars, Liverpool 1970s-1990s, any goddamn team, it does not matter Walsall's better then them.
    You had me until the liverpool part.
    Credit to Pika Pal Lyra

Tottenham won 3-1 against City. F***.

Argh, City you berks! Went and imploded on the Spuds, that has made my weekend somewhat more annoying. I'll take solace from the fact that we still have the points on the board, and that Chelsea have an atrocious run in in terms of opponents. Next up is Man Utd though. Hmm.

Yesterday was fairly mental, I went to Gillingham versus Wimbledon where the Gills sealed the title, I then let the rational part of my brain vanish and decided to run onto the pitch with all the other invading fans and wound up in the midst of a mass celebration where people around me were hoisting up the Gillingham players. Did not expect to have done that myself but hey, may never get the opportunity to see any club win a league again.

Elsewhere Celtic won the SPL, as to be expected really, and if I am thinking correctly Shakhtar Donetsk can win the Ukrainian Premier League today too. Their form has been one of the best in the whole of Europe, losing only four games and drawing two, with the draws and three of those losses coming in the Champions League, and they're on for a domestic double, as are quite a few teams around Europe, including (from memory) Bayern Munich, Benfica and CSKA Moscow.

Almost there now!

Well, that Suarez goal has cheered me up. It's back in our hands now!

^ Suarez aka Hannibal Lecter.

Whenever I look at Suarez now I'm gonna be reminded of this little fella:

Page 136 of 266 FirstFirst ... 3686126132133134135136137138139140146186236 ... LastLast