Page 141 of 266 FirstFirst ... 4191131137138139140141142143144145151191241 ... LastLast
Results 3,501 to 3,525 of 6643

Thread: Soccer Thread

Man, now Pulis has gone? Probably one of the few Arsenal fans that appreciated Pulis and Stoke. The Potters have to pick their next manager wisely, but they could suffer from 'Charlton syndrome', getting fed up with stability but then winding up being worse off.

Alan Pardew is now the second longest servest current manager of the Premier League. Wut.

Quote Originally Posted by The Benmeister View Post
    Man, now Pulis has gone? Probably one of the few Arsenal fans that appreciated Pulis and Stoke. The Potters have to pick their next manager wisely, but they could suffer from 'Charlton syndrome', getting fed up with stability but then winding up being worse off.

Alan Pardew is now the second longest servest current manager of the Premier League. Wut.
    I know man. The whole manager thing has became a joke. For a while it was just Chelsea, but now everyone seems to be at it. Interesting fact, this years top three premier league teams will all have different managers at the beginning of next season. It will be intetestong to see how the table differs. As for Stoke... They were going well under Pulis and I cant help but fear for them next season.
    Edit: One does not simply relegate (insert assumption here) Walsall!
    Last edited by *PKMN Trainer Paddy*; 21st May 2013 at 11:33 PM.
    My Shiny Pokemon:

5th Gen:
    ;Emolga; ;Solosis;

6th Gen:
    Greninja ;Volcarona; (X2) Aegislash ;Lampent; Diggersby

Luvin' the t'wigs <3
    3DS fc: Paddy 2621-3316-5077 (Pm if you add me)

Haha, hope they go down serves them right for causing us to get relegated to League One back in '03/'04. I really, really don't like Stoke.
    As to what once, it now is. For this my retirement tour, let us commence, forevermore, forevermore.

Pulls apparently left because he wanted to change their style of play. Apparently they want to play football now (not that route 1, long ball crap). Stoke are being linked with Martinez and Benitez for the job. Hopefully, neither take the job.

I can see Stoke are going to get relegated next year. Next manager in is going to have a tough time of it and a large part of it just simply won't be his fault.
    Never try and argue with idiots, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Quote Originally Posted by J-Myc View Post
    I can see Stoke are going to get relegated next year. Next manager in is going to have a tough time of it and a large part of it just simply won't be his fault.
    Good riddance I say, no offense but I've never even saw them as a Premier League team anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Raider View Post
    Good riddance I say, no offense but I've never even saw them as a Premier League team anyway.
    Indeed they're both archaic and also it would make for great vengeance for me personally if they got relegated.
    As to what once, it now is. For this my retirement tour, let us commence, forevermore, forevermore.

I haven't been on the forums as of late so Imma braga about my teams. First Rayados win the Concacaf champions league for the third year in a row it's a shame they got eliminated from the Mexican league playoffs. Man U wins the premier league, it was to be expected. The Houston Dynamo lost their undefeated streak at home so I am sad about that. Mexico vs Nigeria coming up, I'm expecting it to be a good match.
    Last edited by Zorocario; 22nd May 2013 at 6:17 PM. Reason: I have to pee.

I read that Pulis left due to disagreements with Coates because Coates was putting money into the development of the academy (I'm guessing Pulis wanted the money to go to the transfer budget). If this is true, I'm happy that Pulis has gone because I think if clubs want to improve they need to start bringing through youngsters a la Southampton and either selling them (Walcott, Bale etc) or trying to keep them (Shaw, Schneiderlein). Obviously they didn't have much of a choice in regards to Walcott/Bale but they are examples from the same club.

This is why I think that managers like Pulis and Sam Allardyce can only take teams so far because they prefer to buy older more experienced players than bringing through younger players, however this does work in the short term and can get you to a decent position.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatYellowGuy View Post
    I read that Pulis left due to disagreements with Coates because Coates was putting money into the development of the academy (I'm guessing Pulis wanted the money to go to the transfer budget). If this is true, I'm happy that Pulis has gone because I think if clubs want to improve they need to start bringing through youngsters a la Southampton and either selling them (Walcott, Bale etc) or trying to keep them (Shaw, Schneiderlein). Obviously they didn't have much of a choice in regards to Walcott/Bale but they are examples from the same club.

This is why I think that managers like Pulis and Sam Allardyce can only take teams so far because they prefer to buy older more experienced players than bringing through younger players, however this does work in the short term and can get you to a decent position.
    If that's true he deserves the sack. Many teams show the benefit of youth development. You get short term sucess yes with bringing in experienced players but stoke have been in the league long enough where they gotta be focusing on the long term plans.

While i would love to see stoke go down because of Ramsey leg breaking and how their supporters booed him in him in his first match against them since his injury it would also mean Pulis gets the last laugh and I would hate that so much more.

Also Gotze out of the final due to injury.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmareisalive View Post
    If that's true he deserves the sack. Many teams show the benefit of youth development. You get short term sucess yes with bringing in experienced players but stoke have been in the league long enough where they gotta be focusing on the long term plans.

While i would love to see stoke go down because of Ramsey leg breaking and how their supporters booed him in him in his first match against them since his injury it would also mean Pulis gets the last laugh and I would hate that so much more.

Also Gotze out of the final due to injury.
    I remember when Norwich played them at the Brittannia (we lost 1-0) and the supporters decided to boo Mark Bunn for having the audacity to be kicked in the head by one of the Stoke players. I predicted that they would go down this year, but they didn't so I hope they either go down this year or start playing less like a rugby team.

I really hope Dortmund win as I don't like the whole Gotze to Munich scenario and the way its played out e.g. Bayern announcing it before Dortmund played Madrid in the semis.

So tomorrow the UEFA Congress is due to vote on Gibraltar being accepted as a full member of UEFA. Hope it succeeds and that Spain doesn't bully them out of it.

Well...
    Thats the champions league over, and Bayern Munich are victorious after a double upset. Im happy for Munich, but i seriously would have prefered to see Borussia Dortmund win it. Dortmunds defensive was poor tonight and 2-1 was a narrow defeat (great clearance from Subotic) that easily could have been more.. Til next year
    My Shiny Pokemon:

5th Gen:
    ;Emolga; ;Solosis;

6th Gen:
    Greninja ;Volcarona; (X2) Aegislash ;Lampent; Diggersby

Luvin' the t'wigs <3
    3DS fc: Paddy 2621-3316-5077 (Pm if you add me)

Unlucky to Dortmund they started out the better team but didn't take their chances. Bayern Showed why they have the best defense in Europe with keeping Dortmund out from open play. I thought Dortmund were the better team but like last year it wasn't the better team that one. Congratulations to Bayern after so much heart break they won the champions league again. It looks like they will improve in the summer so it will be fun to see how the other teams in Europe will try and keep up with them.

Also interesting enough it will be Chelsea vs Bayern for the European super cup. Looks like it will be Jose v Pep again! They just can't get away from each other!

Good job Bayern! And that Robben makes the winning goal is even more fantastic!
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

Quote Originally Posted by 7 tyranitars View Post
    Good job Bayern! And that Robben makes the winning goal is even more fantastic!
    Yeah. I very much wanted Bayern to do well for several reasons - I'm an Arsenal fan, so it's some consolation to be knocked out by the champions; they deserved it, especially after what happened last season and because Jupp Heynckes is leaving.

Big news that neymar is joining Barcelona this summer. Both club and player have confirmed the news. Hopefully he does well he has all the talent to be one of the best though the last couple of years shown any player who came in to play in the forward line have struggled because of messi.

Big news that neymar is joining Barcelona this summer. Both club and player have confirmed the news.
    I find this amusing as only two days ago I said to a friend that Neymar would not go to Barcelona because Real Madrid were looking to sign him last summer and Barcelona may not have enough money to buy him. Shows how much I know!

GG Bayern. Deserve it really, qualifying for three of the past four finals is certainly nothing to shake a stick at.

Also Arsenal Ladies won the FA Womens Cup, hurrah! It's been a rough start to the season (from an Arsenal standpoint anyway) so hopefully this proves to be a tonic of sorts.

^ About time Robben stepped up and stopped choking in finals. He could of scored a hat-trick imo.

A few weeks ago Benfica were on for a treble, but now after three catastrophic 2-1 defeats to Porto, Chelsea and now Vitoria Guimaraes in the Portuguese Cup final, they have ended the season with nothing. Talk about fine margins.

So the top domestic leagues in Portugal, France and the Netherlands are done and dusted now. Today England will follow suit with the small matter of Watford versus Crystal Palace. My stepdad used to work as a youth coach at Watford so I still have a soft spot for the Hornets, so hopefully they win today, but wouldn't begrudge Palace and certainly Ian Holloway a Premier League place, in what is his second consecutive play-off final as a manager of different clubs. If Watford do go up there's a whole mess of a supposed transfer embargo that could screw them over for next season so that could be interesting.

So it looks like Falcao is to join AS Monaco in a Ł51 million deal. They have already signed Porto duo Joăo Moutinho and James Rodríguez for Ł60 million and are meant to be signing Victor Valdes any day now for Ł10 million. Fresh football has just got more exciting.

So it looks like Falcao is to join AS Monaco in a Ł51 million deal. They have already signed Porto duo Joăo Moutinho and James Rodríguez for Ł60 million and are meant to be signing Victor Valdes any day now for Ł10 million. Fresh football has just got more exciting.
    I'm just happy that teams like Spurs, Man Utd and Chelsea couldn't sign these players after being linked with them for so long. Makes Ligue 1 worth watching even more now.

Man, Monaco have bounced back and hard. It's like they're doing a QPR, only they're actually buying good players.

It's easy to forget that Monaco have reached a Champions League final within the past decade, wonder if they will ever reach those heights again?

So Ireland draw with England 1-1. Only down to a bad mistake in the defense by Ireland let England get a draw. Ugh it's sad that Ireland defense makes silly mistakes now because before the euros that type of mistake would not of happened.

Page 141 of 266 FirstFirst ... 4191131137138139140141142143144145151191241 ... LastLast