Page 142 of 266 FirstFirst ... 4292132138139140141142143144145146152192242 ... LastLast
Results 3,526 to 3,550 of 6645

Thread: Soccer Thread

How Hodgson can say we played well in the second half is beyond me. If we are a top international side we should be beating teams like Ireland, but we didn't which shows how over-hyped some of these players are. We need to get rid of the older players who have had their time and bring in younger players or at the very least players who are in form (e.g. Carroll over Lambert).

I also can't believe that Ireland didn't bring on Wes Hoolahan who would have added some trickery and passing skills to the side.

San Marino watch!

Today's friendly in Bologna sees 8th face 207th as Italy face San Marino, in what would appear to be a large mismatch for a friendly. San Marino's last and only ever victory did come in a friendly match over Liechtenstein, however this occurred over nine years ago and since that day San Marino have been on a fifty two match losing streak spanning all competitions. Even going by San Marino's low standards they are on a dreadful run of form, having only scored in one game since 2008. They come off the back of a 5-0 loss at Poland in World Cup qualifying.

There is no cause for optimism against Italy, even though the Euro 2012 finalists are likely to rest many players. Their only previous meeting was in Italy in 1992 for a friendly which the Italians won 4-0. Whilst not in eye-catching form, Italy top their World Cup qualifying group and come off a 2-0 win at Malta. The only, admittedly very small, glimmer of hope for San Marino is that Italy have suprisingly not won a friendly match since 2011.

Watch Monaco win the CL next year, they're building quite a good team

Quote Originally Posted by TheSirPeras View Post
    Watch Monaco win the CL next year, they're building quite a good team
    Will have to be the year after next, they have to qualify for it first.

Mexico tied with Nigeria 2-2. At least Chicharito got his mojo back considering he was in a slump. Gawd Corona and De nigris played horribly. Well with De nigris he is still injured but c'mon Corona. I'm glad Reyna got some play time, he can be underated at times. Its a shame Rayados let him go, but I digress. We need to get our crap together. We play Jamaica, Panama and Costa Rica next. I'm only worried about the match against Costa Rica the most.

EDIT: We beat Jamaica, it was a close game but we managed to capitalize.
    Last edited by Zorocario; 5th June 2013 at 9:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmareisalive View Post
    So Ireland draw with England 1-1. Only down to a bad mistake in the defense by Ireland let England get a draw. Ugh it's sad that Ireland defense makes silly mistakes now because before the euros that type of mistake would not of happened.
    I know, we played so well too . Shane longs header was amazing and so was Seamus Colemans ball in. England may have batter players but on the night, we played better overall. As for Monaco, I really dont know what impact Falcao and co. will have on Europe if aor when they get there. They obviously will be in contention for CL spots. Good friendly on tomorrow with England and Brazil
    My Shiny Pokemon:

5th Gen:
    ;Emolga; ;Solosis;

6th Gen:
    Greninja ;Volcarona; (X2) Aegislash ;Lampent; Diggersby

Luvin' the t'wigs <3
    3DS fc: Paddy 2621-3316-5077 (Pm if you add me)

Nice little story from Austria, and if you thought Wigan's FA Cup win was suprising, take note of FC Pasching, a third tier side who managed to win the Austrian Cup, beating Austria Wien - the Austrian Bundesliga champions - in the final. They will now enter the Europa League at the same stage as the likes of Tottenham.

^ Boo yah. It'll be like Walsall winning the cup if Austria was run by rich beouracrats- beaurocrats- Barackocracy- beureucratic- office people.
    As to what once, it now is. For this my retirement tour, let us commence, forevermore, forevermore.

Mourinho has rejoined Chelsea. This is something I had to see to finally believe. I never thought he would go back.

I reckon he won't do as well as Abramovich hoped and will get fired this upcoming season or the season after.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjames View Post
    Mourinho has rejoined Chelsea. This is something I had to see to finally believe. I never thought he would go back.

I reckon he won't do as well as Abramovich hoped and will get fired this upcoming season or the season after.
    Confirmed.... Uniteds title hopes are slipping. Next season in the EPL could be a lot different than this season

United- Dont know how they will fair. Depends on the signings made by David Moyes. Hopefully things go well and premier league is retained.

City- I dont think they will be as big of contenders as last season. Pellegrini to me is an OK manager and city are an OK team, so they need to get a ECL spot.

Chelsea- Probably gonna win everything.... Force in premier league and now with Mourinho surely a force in Europe.

Tottenham- KEEP BALE!!!! BUY DAVID VILLA OR BENTEKE OR ANY GOOD STRIKER.

But seriously now guys. How much difference can a manager change a teams performance in your opinion?
    My Shiny Pokemon:

5th Gen:
    ;Emolga; ;Solosis;

6th Gen:

Luvin' the t'wigs <3

Quote Originally Posted by PaddysTurtwigFanClub View Post
    Confirmed.... Uniteds title hopes are slipping. Next season in the EPL could be a lot different than this season

United- Dont know how they will fair. Depends on the signings made by David Moyes. Hopefully things go well and premier league is retained.

City- I dont think they will be as big of contenders as last season. Pellegrini to me is an OK manager and city are an OK team, so they need to get a ECL spot.

Chelsea- Probably gonna win everything.... Force in premier league and now with Mourinho surely a force in Europe.

Tottenham- KEEP BALE!!!! BUY DAVID VILLA OR BENTEKE OR ANY GOOD STRIKER.

But seriously now guys. How much difference can a manager change a teams performance in your opinion?
    Hmm noticed you didn't include Arsenal in that list lol .

To answer your question about manager and performance I say a lot. Take united for example while people may say I'm biased because I support Arsenal but united's last two league winning sides haven't been that great. A very average squad that had a couple of world class players in it but fergie's greatest strength is to make a team that can have a winning mentality.
    The last two times they won the league there were at least two teams with a better squad such as man city but they couldn't work as a team and Fergie can make a team out of an average squad of players.

Really a chairman and club can buy and home grow a team of world class players such as at madrid, city or Chelsea but without a proper manager who knows what they are doing and help make the team work together it's just gonna be a bunch of individuals. Sadly when the team fails to win the manager gets the sack and the players get of the hook.

Liverpool's new away shirt has been revealed.

Spoiler:- The kit:

Is this a Joke?

On a different topic, what will happen to Rooney?
    Will he stay or will he go? I don't know if this has been discussed previously but.......
    This is the perfect opportunity for him to leave United something he has tried twice, as to which club I'm not sure which clubs are interested in Rooney.
    Last edited by Zorocario; 6th June 2013 at 2:42 AM.

I thought this was also some kind of joke too -__-
    I didn't mind last years away kits. In fact I liked them but this time, Warrior have tried to hard to make it more attractive. They should of really kept it simple -__-
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

So Group H leaders Montenegro were battered 4-0 at home by Ukraine with three red cards in the game total, not sure if that result greatly helps England but it's certainly more useful than a Montenegro win. Time for us to kick on and win the majority of our remaining games! I'll be pleased with three home wins and a draw in Ukraine, that'll be enough.

Sadly, that same result means San Marino can no longer qualify for the World Cup 2014. A sad day.

But speaking of minnows, Malta are the underdog story of the day, getting a famous 1-0 win in Armenia, their first competitive win since 2006 and their first competitive away win since 1993.

^YAY MALTA! But still damn you Ukraine you're not playing football correctly.
    As to what once, it now is. For this my retirement tour, let us commence, forevermore, forevermore.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmareisalive View Post
    Hmm noticed you didn't include Arsenal in that list lol .

To answer your question about manager and performance I say a lot. Take united for example while people may say I'm biased because I support Arsenal but united's last two league winning sides haven't been that great. A very average squad that had a couple of world class players in it but fergie's greatest strength is to make a team that can have a winning mentality.
    The last two times they won the league there were at least two teams with a better squad such as man city but they couldn't work as a team and Fergie can make a team out of an average squad of players.

Really a chairman and club can buy and home grow a team of world class players such as at madrid, city or Chelsea but without a proper manager who knows what they are doing and help make the team work together it's just gonna be a bunch of individuals. Sadly when the team fails to win the manager gets the sack and the players get of the hook.
    Well, the only way I can Arsenal being contenders for any silverware next season, is if they are willing to spend big. I'd say the spending will not be a problem as Wenger will surely be handed a huge transfer fund to fill Arsenals trophy cabinet. They need good players, sure they have some but not enough. Talk of Fellaini, Bender, Gudogon, Villa, Higuain and even our Rooney has emerged, one midfielder and a striker from that bunch would be a help to them. Perhaps the most important signing for Arsenal would be bringing Cesc Fabregas back, if he does leave Barcelona.
    My Shiny Pokemon:

5th Gen:
    ;Emolga; ;Solosis;

6th Gen:

Luvin' the t'wigs <3

Quote Originally Posted by PaddysTurtwigFanClub View Post
    Well, the only way I can Arsenal being contenders for any silverware next season, is if they are willing to spend big. I'd say the spending will not be a problem as Wenger will surely be handed a huge transfer fund to fill Arsenals trophy cabinet. They need good players, sure they have some but not enough. Talk of Fellaini, Bender, Gudogon, Villa, Higuain and even our Rooney has emerged, one midfielder and a striker from that bunch would be a help to them. Perhaps the most important signing for Arsenal would be bringing Cesc Fabregas back, if he does leave Barcelona.
    We don't need Fabregas (though he would be good to have). We need a right back, a holding midfielder, a left winger and yes, a striker. I would say buying big wouldn't necessarily get what we need. I would want Lukasz Piszczek, Yohan Cabaye, Andre Schurrle and Benteke to come, being players that Arsenal could realistically buy without breaking the bank and would drastically improve our teams quality.

So Armenia, who lost at home to Malta 1-0 a few days ago, just battered Denmark 4-0 away. Figure that one out.

USA's got a qualifying match against Panama tonight in Seattle. If all goes well we should get 3 points. I have to say I've been very impressed with the USMNT in the last 2 games, the friendly win against Germany was awesome (and a fun game to attend) and the win in Jamaica was thrilling. Hopefully we can keep the momentum going by beating Panama at home.

^ Well, you did just that. But what the heck is going on with Mexico? Struggling to even qualify at the moment.

Chelsea finally signed Andre Schurrle from Leverkusen last night I think. Quite solid forward and can play in the winger role. The other news is Robert Lewandowski wants to move to the rival club Bayern Munchen. But Klopp said that Lewandowski will stay next season. I think Bayern want to make a superstar team, idk. They have so many good talented player. Like Robben, Ribery, Muller, Neuer, and many more. The BVB's board are really stupid if they let Lewandowski go to Bayern. They have sold Gotze to them. All they want is money :\ and now BVB are struggling to find Gotze replacement. They eyeing to buy Kevin De Bruyne from Chelsea (on loan at Werder Bremen atm) but Abramovich doesn't want to sell him. They also targeting Christian Eriksen from Ajax. Eriksen is a wonderful talented player. He's Danish I think. Maybe he could suit well in BVB. I'm not a fan of BVB, but I think they need to keep their young player on the team.
    ♠ ♣ ♦ ♥

Quote Originally Posted by The Benmeister View Post
    ^ Well, you did just that. But what the heck is going on with Mexico? Struggling to even qualify at the moment.
    Don't remind me, however what's more surprising is that no team has truly taken advantage of the fact that we are playing horribly. At least we are still undefeated in the world cup qualifiers. I think it stems from the players who play in Europe not getting enough play time and this in turn has caused them to lose their form. Hopefully we build some momentum during the confederations cup. Speaking of cups I honestly see the US winning the gold cup if we send our A team to Brazil. Hopefully we use the Olympic team to play in the gold cup that way they build some experience and our loss could be justified lol.

Owen Coyle is Wigan manager and Pellegrini is Man City manager.
    Last edited by Mr Dragon; 14th June 2013 at 7:17 PM.

^ Yeah, Pellegrini probably gonna bring Isco with him. City have wanted him from the beginning. Isco has showed a very promising performance with Spain U-21. And yeah, Sao Paulo have signed Denilson for free because he was released by Arsenal.
    ♠ ♣ ♦ ♥

Page 142 of 266 FirstFirst ... 4292132138139140141142143144145146152192242 ... LastLast