Page 144 of 266 FirstFirst ... 4494134140141142143144145146147148154194244 ... LastLast
Results 3,576 to 3,600 of 6645

Thread: Soccer Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Zorocario View Post
    Neymar is the biggest flopper I have ever seen. So do you guys really think he will be the next Brazilian superstar or will he share the same fate as Robinho? Also I'm pretty sure Shakira made Piqué sleep on the couch after that red card, lol.
    I can't disagree more I think he'll probably be one of the best players of this generation. He's quick, got the skill and finish ability needed to change a game.He might need sometime to settle into Barca and work with Messi but when they click Barca could easily win the champions league again (though their defense is the main issue) the only problem is people (mostly in England) are quick to jump onto someone's back after one bad game so how he deals with that when it happens will decide his career.

He might not be better than Messi and he won't win the world cup by herself but he's the type of player that increases Brazil's chances so much. I say without him Brazil would struggle to get into the quarter finals depending on the team they get in the round of 16 without him.

BVB finally signed Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang. A replacement for Robert Lewandowski maybe? It makes sense to me. Aubameyang is a talented youngster. Shines in Ligue 1 last season. He has huge potential to be a very good player.

Anyway, some sources said that Gonzalo Higuain signed long terms contract with Arsenal worth about Ł23m. Wow. If that really happening, Wenger finally sign a quality player. Higuain scores about 20 goals with Madrid last season, which is a good news for Gooners (including me). Higuain can be partnered with Giroud up front. He also can be a stand alone striker which is better than Giroud. Cazorla will provide a good ball for him. Same as Wilshere and Ramsey. If Higuain really sign for Arsenal, it will be a huge signing for Wenger.
    ♠ ♣ ♦ ♥

Quote Originally Posted by TheSuperZekrom View Post
    BVB finally signed Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang. A replacement for Robert Lewandowski maybe? It makes sense to me. Aubameyang is a talented youngster. Shines in Ligue 1 last season. He has huge potential to be a very good player.

Anyway, some sources said that Gonzalo Higuain signed long terms contract with Arsenal worth about Ł23m. Wow. If that really happening, Wenger finally sign a quality player. Higuain scores about 20 goals with Madrid last season, which is a good news for Gooners (including me). Higuain can be partnered with Giroud up front. He also can be a stand alone striker which is better than Giroud. Cazorla will provide a good ball for him. Same as Wilshere and Ramsey. If Higuain really sign for Arsenal, it will be a huge signing for Wenger.
    Higuian is exactly what arsenal need. A quality striker. Maybe if he is landed by arsenal they could get some silverware this season.
    So....Tottenham have signed Paulinho from Corinthians, hes a good player. But they missed out on David Villa who will now replace Radamel Falcao at Athletico madrid.
    Also, good news for United fans, Moyes says Rooney has been training well and will not be sold!
    My Shiny Pokemon:

5th Gen:
    ;Emolga; ;Solosis;

6th Gen:
    Greninja ;Volcarona; (X2) Aegislash ;Lampent; Diggersby

Luvin' the t'wigs <3
    3DS fc: Paddy 2621-3316-5077 (Pm if you add me)

Quote Originally Posted by PaddysTurtwigFanClub View Post
    Maybe if he is landed by arsenal they could get some silverware this season.

I jest.

It could at least give them a better chance...

Spoiler:- Not for the faint hearted of Arsenal fans...:
    Quote Originally Posted by Bone Cold Marowak Guy View Post
    Because gen. 6 will have 126 Pokemon exactly, and show up near May 24, 2016 (give or take 3 weeks).

I agree, Higuian would give Arsenal a much greater chance. He's a class player. I don't see what's so comical about that.

Quote Originally Posted by ToeyJoey View Post
    It could at least give them a better chance...

Spoiler:- Not for the faint hearted of Arsenal fans...:
    I remember when a website was set up which recorded the time it took for Torres to score his first goal for Chelsea. That link that you posted is quite nicely designed, but I guess they have had a lot longer to work on it.

OK OK I'll stop with the Arsenal jokes now. You'll win a trophy soon guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjames View Post

I jest.
    Well that's rude lol but no if Arsenal continue the way they are right now there will be no sliverware. We need new players now! I'm sick of all these links to players we actually need them in the squad we could go from a team who just makes the top 4 to title contenders with 4 or 5 right signings.

Also be careful I say manu will struggle this season. United have done well these last few years but that was down to fergie without him I think they will struggle.

Well, unless we aren't Spurs. 53 years.

Btw, Luis Suarez has been linked with Arsenal. I just can't see him playing with our jersey... Just no. And yeah, Wenger said it will be two big signings. Well just hope that he will bring real big signings.
    ♠ ♣ ♦ ♥

Btw, Luis Suarez has been linked with Arsenal. I just can't see him playing with our jersey... Just no. And yeah, Wenger said it will be two big signings. Well just hope that he will bring real big signings.
    That'd be interesting to see. Leave out the diving and biting Suarez is great player.

I agree a little bit. But still, I can't see him playing with Cannon on his chest. Just no.
    ♠ ♣ ♦ ♥

I agree a little bit. But still, I can't see him playing with Cannon on his chest. Just no.
    I don't necessarily like Suarez in Liverpool. I'd like to see him somewhere else.

Anyway, Wilfried Bony has signed for Swansea City. He's a talented player I think. He was Ligue 1 top scorer last season. Can't wait to see him play on PL.

Also, Leroy Fer has signed for Norwich City from Twente. Netherland U-21 player and he is a wonderkid imo. Nice partner for Wes Hoolahan. He's a good passer and nice to see him play on PL.
    ♠ ♣ ♦ ♥

Anyway, Wilfried Bony has signed for Swansea City. He's a talented player I think. He was Ligue 1 top scorer last season. Can't wait to see him play on PL.
    They need to move more players like him to PL. Michu will complement Bony beautifully.

Also, Leroy Fer has signed for Norwich City from Twente. Netherland U-21 player and he is a wonderkid imo. Nice partner for Wes Hoolahan. He's a good passer and nice to see him play on PL.
    Bony was Eredivisie top scorer actually. He played for Vitesse, the club I support. They sold the star players, Bony to Swansea and van Ginkel to Chelsea for a lot of money, but unfortunately they can`t really buy replacements, as that`s against the FIFA financial fair play rules. They spent too much money last transfer period :`(
        Spoiler:- DD stuff:

Yes. Michu will be a great partner for Bony. Swansea will be a serious contender next season. But will see what will happen next.
    ♠ ♣ ♦ ♥

Quote Originally Posted by Manectrifier View Post
    Bony was Eredivisie top scorer actually. He played for Vitesse, the club I support. They sold the star players, Bony to Swansea and van Ginkel to Chelsea for a lot of money, but unfortunately they can`t really buy replacements, as that`s against the FIFA financial fair play rules. They spent too much money last transfer period :`(
    I doubt Van Ginkel is going to play much at Chelsea. Most of the young Dutch talented players end up on the bench. I think Bony has a bigger chance to be an important player for his new club. And even though Strootman and Mertens moved from my favourite team PSV to Napoli and AS Roma, we will have to wait and see if they can be as important to them as they were to PSV.
    "You need stomping. And I'm a Stomptologist."

"Trust me, any problem comes up, I'll stomp it into next week! I'll Bowserize it!"

"Count Bleck, Floro Sapiens, whatever... Stomping fools is my business! Show me a fool, and I'll stomp it! I don't even need a reason!"

Ah yes, I'm sorry. I meant Eredivisie. Anyway, Maicon has just signed for AS Roma. I'm not sure if it's real or just a rumour. But I think he won't shine at Roma. I just don't know why.
    ♠ ♣ ♦ ♥

Quote Originally Posted by Buuz View Post
    I doubt Van Ginkel is going to play much at Chelsea. Most of the young Dutch talented players end up on the bench. I think Bony has a bigger chance to be an important player for his new club. And even though Strootman and Mertens moved from my favourite team PSV to Napoli and AS Roma, we will have to wait and see if they can be as important to them as they were to PSV.
    Only time will tell, Mourinho said he plans on using Van Ginkel. Hopefully for him he will be an exception to the rule.

Only a few more weeks till the start of a new season, I am really looking forward to it. My club SC Cambuur, promoted to the Eredivisie last year. And I hope we don't relegate right away.
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

We will see how Mr. Lodeweges handles those guys. PEC was able to surprise the competition by playing good football and evade the relegation play-offs. Maybe Cambuur will do the same. As for me, i am glad PSV finally is looking at their defenders. Bruma and Rekik have arrived in Eindhoven, as well as some youth from the club. Our poor defense is what cost us several prizes the past few years.
    "You need stomping. And I'm a Stomptologist."

"Trust me, any problem comes up, I'll stomp it into next week! I'll Bowserize it!"

"Count Bleck, Floro Sapiens, whatever... Stomping fools is my business! Show me a fool, and I'll stomp it! I don't even need a reason!"

Anyway, Man U have made a €30m bid for Barcelona's Cesc Fabregas. Well, I can't see that will be happening soon. Because you know, he said that if he come back to England, he will only join Arsenal. And he threw Man U jersey once when he still at Arsenal. Cesc has a Ł25m buy back clause in his contract, which means Arsenal will be the first one who will Barca accept if they make a bid for him. Otherwise, Cesc has to choose either accept or decline. So let's see what will happen next.
    ♠ ♣ ♦ ♥

Anyway, Man U have made a €30m bid for Barcelona's Cesc Fabregas. Well, I can't see that will be happening soon. Because you know, he said that if he come back to England, he will only join Arsenal. And he threw Man U jersey once when he still at Arsenal. Cesc has a Ł25m buy back clause in his contract, which means Arsenal will be the first one who will Barca accept if they make a bid for him. Otherwise, Cesc has to choose either accept or decline. So let's see what will happen next.
    Ahahaa, Suarez and Cesc on Arsenal....imagine.. & Cesc should just stay where he is, personally.

Quote Originally Posted by dahrue View Post
    Ahahaa, Suarez and Cesc on Arsenal....imagine.. & Cesc should just stay where he is, personally.
    Would be great signings and would fill in the position of the two top players Wenger on about though I think both are unlikely. Suarez bid is meant to show Real that we won't be bullied over Hig and Cesc I think will be staying at Barca. Why would he leave when he was meant to replace Xavi so why would he leave when that chance has finally come up.

Thiago overshadowed Cesc last season. But I think he doesn't want to go to other clubs. That's just my opinion. Also, I would take Higuain over Suarez. Higuain is better I think. He is a good poacher and also a clinical finisher.
    ♠ ♣ ♦ ♥

Thiago overshadowed Cesc last season. But I think he doesn't want to go to other clubs. That's just my opinion. Also, I would take Higuain over Suarez. Higuain is better I think. He is a good poacher and also a clinical finisher.
    Also he isn't as much controversial than Suarez. What's the point of having a player who will in be and out of the team do to getting banned so many times.

Also Bony to Swansea is a steal. He'll score goals and if he can give a return to Swansea anywhere close to what he scored last season Ł!2 million will be a great bargain.

Page 144 of 266 FirstFirst ... 4494134140141142143144145146147148154194244 ... LastLast