Page 147 of 266 FirstFirst ... 4797137143144145146147148149150151157197247 ... LastLast
Results 3,651 to 3,675 of 6645

Thread: Soccer Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjames View Post
    United have made an improved offer of Ł30 million for Cesc Fabregas.

I'm glad we're actually focussing on buying midfielders now rather than throwing money at high profile strikers that we don't really need.
    I read in a newspaper yesterday, that United's 30million bid for Cesc had been rejected by Barca, they obviously are keen to hold onto him. Im a die hard United fan and even I'll admit, the chances of Cesc snubbing Arsenal for United are pretty slim, especially with his relationship with Wenger and the club.
    Anyway, who has heard of Mourinho's new timekeeping strategy, he will let flights leave at the schelduled time even if he doesnt have enough players on it, I personally think hes putting on dome sort of act to leave the rest of the football world scared.
    My Shiny Pokemon:

5th Gen:
    ;Emolga; ;Solosis;

6th Gen:
    Greninja ;Volcarona; (X2) Aegislash ;Lampent; Diggersby

Luvin' the t'wigs <3
    3DS fc: Paddy 2621-3316-5077 (Pm if you add me)

Gonzalo Higuain pretty much heading to Napoli. Well the media says Napoli and Madrid have both agreed about his transfer fee, around €35m-ish iirc. And Arsene Wenger denied that Arsenal will bring Bernard into the team. But media says Arsenal are keen to bring Bernard in. Well I'm confused a little bit. Also, Arsene's not always right. Last year, he said he didn't know Cazorla but in the end he signed him up. And then 2 years ago, he said he won't bring Arteta to the club but the reality he also signed him.
    ♠ ♣ ♦ ♥

Surely the Higuain loss will be a big blow to you? You still need a true striker...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bone Cold Marowak Guy View Post
    Because gen. 6 will have 126 Pokemon exactly, and show up near May 24, 2016 (give or take 3 weeks).

Not sure about Higuain is a done deal yet. Carlos said last night he received no bids for him and other sources say Hig is holding out on moving to Napoli in the hopes of a move to Arsenal

I really hope he's goes to Arsenal. It'd be nice to see him in the PL.

Apparently Cameron Jerome has criticised the lack of rotation in the Pulis regime, I'm sure he'll much prefer Mark Hughes... He scored that nice goal plus a couple of others but none of our strikers really fired in that period where we ground to a halt and fell down the table...

Also United up their bid to Ł30 million for Fabregas apparently...
    Because gen. 6 will have 126 Pokemon exactly, and show up near May 24, 2016 (give or take 3 weeks).

It's been reported the united bid for Fabregas has been rejected. I wonder though how long will the media keep pushing stories until we actually get one that they said will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmareisalive View Post
    It's been reported the united bid for Fabregas has been rejected. I wonder though how long will the media keep pushing stories until we actually get one that they said will happen.
    Manchester City have managed to complete plenty of deals without this kind of media merry-go-round... Whether their players will turn out any good is another matter...

Quote Originally Posted by ToeyJoey View Post
    Manchester City have managed to complete plenty of deals without this kind of media merry-go-round... Whether their players will turn out any good is another matter...
    Yeah true though Man city just throw money at clubs and get everything sorted out quickly while clubs with a budget try to work out a deal for a player which can either take days or weeks (and in Arsenal case months) which gives the media plenty of time to write up stories and throw the same stories around just with a different quote or fact added.

Barcelona have appointed Gerardo Martinoas new manager for the club after leaving Newells Old boys on a three year deal-world football transfer centre
    Last edited by Nightmareisalive; 22nd July 2013 at 9:56 PM.

Doesn't Man City have or had the biggest budget out of every other team or something?

Sorry for asking so many questions, haha.

I think they do, their owners are definitely rich. Very rich. And you can see that in the money they've spent on players already... I would hate for them to win the League again...

Apparently Bernard really wants to join Arsenal this transfer window. Media says we already completed the transfer with fee about Ł21.5m and he will do medical this Friday and a reporter says we will anounce the signing of Bernard on Thursday. The reason why he wants to move is because he admits that he like our style and he thinks could be fit in it, he also worried about his playing time and he wants to impress the Brazil coach and be on Brazil squad for WC14. I hope that's real because he's a talented Brazilian youngster.
    ♠ ♣ ♦ ♥

^ Almost sounds like every Arsenal transfer story. Though it meant to be Bernard's club wants Arsenal to say they are not in for him so as not to cause distraction for a cup final they have on Wednesday. It would make sense since every source says the medical and move will happen on Thursday and Friday

Jermaine Beckford has finalised his move to Bolton. I remember when he went to Evrerton and flopped...

Good luck on the Bernard move though...

Quote Originally Posted by dahrue View Post
    Doesn't Man City have or had the biggest budget out of every other team or something?

Sorry for asking so many questions, haha.
    In terms of budget I think it's city, in terms of richest it's Real Madrid I believe, not sure
    Last edited by TheSirPeras; 23rd July 2013 at 5:37 PM.

I really want to see him move this summer.

Anyway, Marca says Gareth Bale has agreed a six-years deal with Real Madrid. Marca, as well known for its closest alligiance to Madrid, also claims that Bale will be paid Ł8.6m (€10m) per season. And Bale already told Spurs that he wants to leave soon. Goodbye Bale FC.
    ♠ ♣ ♦ ♥

Quote Originally Posted by TheSuperZekrom View Post
    Anyway, Marca says Gareth Bale has agreed a six-years deal with Real Madrid. Marca, as well known for its closest alligiance to Madrid, also claims that Bale will be paid Ł8.6m (€10m) per season. And Bale already told Spurs that he wants to leave soon. Goodbye Bale FC.
    As much as you want it, I still don't think it'll happen. Tottenham will get Champions League football this year, bar that Chelsea fiasco again...

I think Chelsea will get it. Especially if the deal between Madrid and Bale is really happening. Because if they lose Bale, they will lose their style of play. Bale is the heart of the team. And I think they will struggle without him. Even though Spurs have more experienced players than Chelsea, I think they still can't get it. Not because I personally hate Spurs. Mou has returned. Also they have some talented youngster like Lukaku, De Bruyne, Schurrle and the list goes on. With the current squad, Mou can build a strong team. And make Chelsea even stronger than Rafa's era.
    ♠ ♣ ♦ ♥

I think Chelsea will get it. Especially if the deal between Madrid and Bale is really happening. Because if they lose Bale, they will lose their style of play. Bale is the heart of the team. And I think they will struggle without him. Even though Spurs have more experienced players than Chelsea, I think they still can't get it. Not because I personally hate Spurs. Mou has returned. Also they have some talented youngster like Lukaku, De Bruyne, Schurrle and the list goes on. With the current squad, Mou can build a strong team. And make Chelsea even stronger than Rafa's era.
    Oh if Bale does leave, Tottenham will be screwed, no doubt about it and Chelsea are strong right now, bar a top-class striker (Lukaku was very good last year) but he's no Falcao or Cavani, and their other options are Torres and Ba (is he still there.) Their midfield is strong enough, which makes me wonder how De Bruyne and Schurrle will find their way into the team...

The Marca has been saying stuff like that since the end of the season. Hasn't happened yet and I think they need to sell a player to help get some of the money needed which is why Madrid are wanting so much for Higuain.

Also Soldado's agent says the club has rejected a Ł22 million bid for him from Spurs.

Quote Originally Posted by ToeyJoey View Post
    Oh if Bale does leave, Tottenham will be screwed, no doubt about it and Chelsea are strong right now, bar a top-class striker (Lukaku was very good last year) but he's no Falcao or Cavani, and their other options are Torres and Ba (is he still there.) Their midfield is strong enough, which makes me wonder how De Bruyne and Schurrle will find their way into the team...
    Lukaku had a great season last year on loan at West Brom, I believe.
    he's going to shine in the PL w/ Chelsea. Chelsea has a great chance of winning it all next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmareisalive View Post
    Also Soldado's agent says the club has rejected a Ł22 million bid for him from Spurs.
    I thought Soldado was going to City (or was that Negredo...?)

Quote Originally Posted by dahrue View Post
    Lukaku had a great season last year on loan at West Brom, I believe.
    he's going to shine in the PL w/ Chelsea. Chelsea has a great chance of winning it all next year.
    He did, but "second season syndrome" (it's not his second season, I don't think, but it's a liberal term) could set in, he's not totally proven like other strikers would be...

He's been pretty consistent. I'm sure he'll do great, I have hope in him!

Apparently, Arsenal have made a Ł40,000,001 bid for Luis Suarez. And then, the bid gets rejected. But Suarez has withdrawn himself from Liverpool's pre-season friendly tomorrow. This is interesting...
    ♠ ♣ ♦ ♥

Apparently, Arsenal have made a Ł40,000,001 bid for Luis Suarez. And then, the bid gets rejected. But Suarez has withdrawn himself from Liverpool's pre-season friendly tomorrow. This is interesting...
    Is that a mis-type or have they offered an extra pound?

Page 147 of 266 FirstFirst ... 4797137143144145146147148149150151157197247 ... LastLast