Page 160 of 266 FirstFirst ... 60110150156157158159160161162163164170210260 ... LastLast
Results 3,976 to 4,000 of 6645

Thread: Soccer Thread

Quote Originally Posted by dahrue View Post
    I didn't get a chance to watch it. Did Lukaku play good? Do you think he'll stay with Chelsea or be put back on loan?
    I don't think that they have the options to not keep him. He's their best in that position.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bone Cold Marowak Guy View Post
    Because gen. 6 will have 126 Pokemon exactly, and show up near May 24, 2016 (give or take 3 weeks).

Quote Originally Posted by ToeyJoey View Post
    I don't think that they have the options to not keep him. He's their best in that position.
    Ba didn't play? & Well that's a start.

Lukaku played well I think, he got many chances but he didn't score. Ba, Torres and Lukaku played. Ba didn't play well, but Torres played good enough.
    ♠ ♣ ♦ ♥

Quote Originally Posted by TheSuperZekrom View Post
    Lukaku played well I think, he got many chances but he didn't score. Ba, Torres and Lukaku played. Ba didn't play well, but Torres played good enough.
    Ba played better at Newcastle. Once he was transferred he just kinda died down.

Quote Originally Posted by dahrue View Post
    Ba played better at Newcastle. Once he was transferred he just kinda died down.
    He was already being outshone by Cisse, especially those spectacular goals he scored...
    Because gen. 6 will have 126 Pokemon exactly, and show up near May 24, 2016 (give or take 3 weeks).

He was already being outshone by Cisse, especially those spectacular goals he scored...
    Cisse is the better player I'm surprised another team hasn't come along and taken him from Newcastle. I wouldn't mind him at Arsenal if he has the same stats he had in that first half season at Newcastle. Also does anyone think Newcastle will do any better this year? they really struggled last year I would be surprised if they can do what they did two years ago.

I think two years ago was better than they should have been, but last year was surprisingly worse (though I believe they ended up with a lot of injuries.) I'd say top-mid table would be a reasonable position for them.

Anyway, Wenger confirmed that Arsenal are keen to sign Luis Suarez from Liverpool, but Liverpool make the transfer a little bit harder. Nice to see the boss finally spoke about the transfer window this time. Wenger usually denied the rumours about the transfers.
    ♠ ♣ ♦ ♥

Well you keep trying that, but it would make so much more sense to look elsewhere and find another reasonable target...

Well you keep trying that, but it would make so much more sense to look elsewhere and find another reasonable target...
    Hard that though since most strikers that would improve Arsenal have either already moved this summer or at clubs that won't sell. We wasted too much time already on messing around with players and it has come back to haunt us.

Also btw what transfers for Stoke had this summer? I haven't heard much from them. All I really know is that they tried to sign a man united reserve striker.

Yeah like what? Stephen El Shaarawy? Luuk de Jong? Thierry Henry? I've seen a lot of talents on Serie A. They have so many potentials there, such as Icardi, Destro, El Sha, Muriel, Poli, Vidal, Lamela, Ljajic and etc.
    ♠ ♣ ♦ ♥

Yeah like what? Stephen El Shaarawy? Luuk de Jong? Thierry Henry? I've seen a lot of talents on Serie A. They have so many potentials there, such as Icardi, Destro, El Sha, Muriel, Poli, Vidal, Lamela, Ljajic and etc.
    El Shaarawy would be a great signing but his price would be high also would Milan let him go. They let a lot of players leave last year and are trying to rebuild. Doesn't make sense to let him go when you are trying to do that.

Potentials are good but we need talent right now. There was Gomaz a player who knows how to score and needs to prove he deserves in the German squad. There was Higuian as we all know slipped through are fingers when he would cost less that Suarez and doesn't come with a ban and many other talented players out there we could of went for.

Rooney is still available but it is only a matter of time before something happens there to.

We've signed Erik Pieters, a defender from PSV and Marc Muniesa a young lad from Barca, I think. I've also heard we're interesting in Scott Sinclair and we got rid of a lot of deadwood (and poor Rory Delap...) The team isn't really good enough to be Mark Hughes proof.

I'd take Gomez though. He's a monster. His right foot is lethal. I would also like to take Reus or Lewandowski either. They are wonderful players in my opinion. They worked well together. Giovinco is also a nice little monster though. He use his pace to pass the defenders. There are so many good players who know how to score in this world.
    ♠ ♣ ♦ ♥

Scott would be a good player, I don't understand getting rid of Delap I know he was getting old but his throw in's made Stoke a dangerous team to play against. Any word of a striker? I always felt Stoke lacked a striker who could score a couple of goals by himself it would make them so much dangerous to play against. Though Hughes yeah I think that since he hasn't blown a lot of money on a player or sign one with big contracts is a good sign.

They have Crouch, Jones, Jerome, and Walters though. I also noticed that Stoke have signed Butland from Birmingham. Nice little youngster imo. And Stoke also signed Break Shea.
    ♠ ♣ ♦ ♥

They have Crouch, Jones, Jerome, and Walters though. I also noticed that Stoke have signed Butland from Birmingham. Nice little youngster imo. And Stoke also signed Break Shea.
    Both of those were in January though. And all those strikers seem to be hit and miss but they're a rare commodity. Still Crouch's goal vs. City was godly...

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmareisalive View Post
    I don't understand getting rid of Delap I know he was getting old but his throw in's made Stoke a dangerous team to play against.
    Other than you mentioning that United one no, but I believe we've decided to try and play more actual football. Hence the signing of Charlie Adam. West Ham have pretty much superseded us as the aggressive, strong, long-ball team now; but his throw was just... Brilliant.

But Butland was loaned to Birmingham iirc? And yes I agree. That goal was superbly awesome.
    ♠ ♣ ♦ ♥

Yeah good players but they can be inconsistent at times not something you want. Ba would of been brilliant for them. I think before he signed for West Ham he was set for Stoke but they turned him down. Want a player he would of been for them if he played anything like he did for Newcastle.

But Butland was loaned to Birmingham iirc? And yes I agree. That goal was superbly awesome.
    Yeah, we bought him and loaned him straight back like the United-Zaha deal, don't know if we'll be using him or Begovic this year...

Yeah good players but they can be inconsistent at times not something you want. Ba would of been brilliant for them. I think before he signed for West Ham he was set for Stoke but they turned him down. Want a player he would of been for them if he played anything like he did for Newcastle.
    Wasn't it due to a medical issue? (It's been a while, that may have been someone else...)

Wasn't it due to a medical issue? (It's been a while, that may have been someone else...)
    Yeah I think it was, something about his knees, I think he was a free but Stoke didn't want to take the risk so West Ham got him and the rest is history as they say. I think that is probably the biggest mistake Pulis ever done not signing him though, great player.

BBC sport is reporting that Suarez is prepared to take Liverpool to court over his transfer to Arsenal. He says the contract says that if Liverpool get a bid over Ł40 million that means he allowed to leave the club. Things are about to get ugly if that is true.

I could never blame Tony, he did so much for the club.

Well, I believe if you put in that bid you should have been able to talk to him. And Liverpool stopped that?

Well, I believe if you put in that bid you should have been able to talk to him. And Liverpool stopped that?
    Liverpool see's the contract situation being that if they get a bid over Ł40 million for him they have to tell him about it. There seems to be some confusion over it. Suarez see's it meaning that he is allowed to leave the club but of course Liverpool don't see it that way.

Liverpool see's the contract situation being that if they get a bid over Ł40 million for him they have to tell him about it. There seems to be some confusion over it. Suarez see's it meaning that he is allowed to leave the club but of course Liverpool don't see it that way.
    And he's thinking about taking them to court over that? He is one crazy person...

And he's thinking about taking them to court over that? He is one crazy person...
    Oh he is but it is Suarez and he does crazy things all the time. It is going to be awkward around Antfield if he stays.

Page 160 of 266 FirstFirst ... 60110150156157158159160161162163164170210260 ... LastLast