Page 163 of 265 FirstFirst ... 63113153159160161162163164165166167173213263 ... LastLast
Results 4,051 to 4,075 of 6618

Thread: Soccer Thread

Quote Originally Posted by dahrue View Post
    There would've been talks of it already. Unless, Chelsea wants to see how their current Forwards play until they do anything. Lukaku and Drogba would be a killer combo, actually.
    I don't know if Jose is going to continue with the 4-2-3-1 or move to a different system but if he sticks then Lukaku will go back on loan and Drogba will play alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bone Cold Marowak Guy View Post
    Because gen. 6 will have 126 Pokemon exactly, and show up near May 24, 2016 (give or take 3 weeks).

Quote Originally Posted by ToeyJoey View Post
    I don't know if Jose is going to continue with the 4-2-3-1 or move to a different system but if he sticks then Lukaku will go back on loan and Drogba will play alone.
    I think it's good for Lukaku to go back on loan. I read something about Torres being the main Forward, but he's not that consistent. Ba, should've stayed at Newcastle. I'm just curious to see if Chelsea will make a later transfer for Drogba/another forawrd.

I think it's good for Lukaku to go back on loan. I read something about Torres being the main Forward, but he's not that consistent. Ba, should've stayed at Newcastle. I'm just curious to see if Chelsea will make a later transfer for Drogba/another forawrd.
    They missed out on Falcao and Cavani, the two biggest targets. No way Mourinho would stand Suarez and I haven't heard much about Rooney recently... Drogba to Chelsea.
    Because gen. 6 will have 126 Pokemon exactly, and show up near May 24, 2016 (give or take 3 weeks).

They missed out on Falcao and Cavani, the two biggest targets. No way Mourinho would stand Suarez and I haven't heard much about Rooney recently... Drogba to Chelsea.
    Let's hope so...

Literally just read about Lukaku wanting to prove himself and not go out on loan.

I can see this being the breakthrough year for Lukaku. Mourinho is one of the few managers with the standing to be allow to put him in ahead of, say Torres. Not to forget they've bought Schurrle, who could be more than comfortable to fill in should Lukaku fail in stepping up. Ba's long standing knee problems (he failed his West Ham medical for them) will probably see him drop to the subs bench for a role as maybe a "supersub". Rooney is always an option, but Chelsea should be more than comfortable to wait until January, with their plethora of attacking options.

I don't know if Schurrle is much of a striker but their midfield is pretty packed...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23568921

I remember watching the game where he found out at half-time he was sacked... Crazy...

I don't know if Schurrle is much of a striker but their midfield is pretty packed...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23568921

I remember watching the game where he found out at half-time he was sacked... Crazy...
    What..xD

& Lukaku has amazing talent, if he really wants to stay he needs to prove himself and really step it up. I have full belief in Lukaku.

Lukaku will be the next Drogba if anything he can be better. Drogba didn't do well in the prem in his first season or two it was only later when he made a big impact. Lukuka is younger and already has prem experience before playing with Chelsea and he also has Mou as a manager who after dealing with Drogba will know how to get the best out of him. Also in Drogba's first season he scored 10 goals in 26 games while Lukaku has scored 17 goals in 35 games. Lukaku hasn't started every game for West Brom and he was playing in a team that isn't as skilled as the Chelsea team Drogba was in but he still has a better goal scoring record in his first season. Imagine how much he could score with Hazard, Oscar, Lampard and co all giving him the ball. He'll score a lot. I think Torres and Ba is going to find this season a struggle to get into the team.

He'll probably still face the issue of "second season syndrome" as will other players that succeeded last year such as Michu... When you have a good year teams are bound to pay more attention to you and find your weaknesses/nullify your effectiveness. He'll still be better than than Torres or Ba though...

Woah, what did I miss...

Anyway, we lost against Gala. Drogba is a big *******. He did a lot of dives. His celebration after he scored the penalty was arrogant. Classic Drogba. I must say, Sneijder cross' was really incredible there. And Drogba first touch made them won, Mertesacker can't reach that.
    ♠ ♣ ♦ ♥

Quote Originally Posted by TheSuperZekrom View Post
    He did a lot of dives.
    Something I don't miss about him in the Prem but plenty of others do it too...

And Drogba first touch made them won, Mertesacker can't reach that.
    I remember that time, Arsenal vs. Sunderland where he was chasing James McClean (too slow to catch him) then fell over and injured himself...

Yes, I remember that. He fell off and I still don't know why he fell... He doesn't have the pace for a defender. The only thing that makes him unique is he's very tall and he's so good when it comes to header. I still remember his goal against Spurs on Emirates, it was wonderful. Lloris can't reach the top corner. But still, he can't run.
    ♠ ♣ ♦ ♥

For anyone who watched the Inter v. Valencia game. Banega's goal was spectacular. Even though, I was rooting for Inter, they couldn't keep up with Valencia; who dominated most of the game. Viera had two nice goals, as well. Great team play.

Yes that one. He's amazing on the air, but has no pace.
    ♠ ♣ ♦ ♥

Yes that one. He's amazing on the air, but has no pace.
    He could be faster, but he's a great defender. Gets beat easily sometimes.

In this day and age, pace is probably more important than height but at least you don't need him in your first team... Vermaelen/Koscielny.

In this day and age, pace is probably more important than height but at least you don't need him in your first team... Vermaelen/Koscielny.
    Well, you gotta be and play fast.

Who started for Arsenal?

Combination of Per/Kos is better than Verm/Kos. You know, Vermaelen was benched in the couple of games before the end of last season and Per/Kos combination seemed caught Wenger's eyes. We were unbeaten with them in the starting line up. Until Wenger messed the formation a little bit.
    ♠ ♣ ♦ ♥

Ooooo, this excites me. Newcastle are extremely close to signing Remy from QPR.

Ooooo, this excites me. Newcastle are extremely close to signing Remy from QPR.
    They probably could have just bought Ba back but that'll do I suppose... I thought Remy had gotten into more trouble over those charges in May than he clearly did...

So there's a game between Chelsea and Milan. I'm gonna watch it. Will come with my analysis.
    ♠ ♣ ♦ ♥

They probably could have just bought Ba back but that'll do I suppose... I thought Remy had gotten into more trouble over those charges in May than he clearly did...
    Apparently, Kinnear was asked about the signing and said nothing about the charges. Just that he is 'very close' to closing the deal.

Remy is much faster than Ba, and personally, I think is much better than him.

Per though slow was not at fault for that goal against Sunderland with James McClean. His foot got caught on the turf of the pitch and when he raised his foot it got stuck and when he got it lose he hurt himself. It was more to do with a very bad pitch than anything else. He may be slow but he gets off with that one.

Today though was a real highlight of his slowness. he's an awesome defender but he doesn't work with a high line of play or quick balls into the box. Him and Kos work well since Kos clears all quick balls and deals with any tricky players with Per deals with high balls and has a very calming presence in defense.

Also Drogba may be a great player but damn he dives way to much for a player his size.

Remy would be good for Newcastle it wasn't long ago when he was linked with Arsenal and he did score goals in a very poor QPR side. He gave them some hope last season so he could be good. Thing is will be partner well with Pisse. I mean when Ba was there both players where never at their best and always took turns having spells with the goals.
    Last edited by Nightmareisalive; 4th August 2013 at 11:59 PM.

I think Remy is good enough to do well on the Newcastle squad.

Anybody tuned in to the Chelsea game? De Bruyne had a nice finish.

Page 163 of 265 FirstFirst ... 63113153159160161162163164165166167173213263 ... LastLast