Page 166 of 260 FirstFirst ... 66116156162163164165166167168169170176216 ... LastLast
Results 4,126 to 4,150 of 6499

Thread: Soccer Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ToeyJoey View Post
    That'll be better, a few of the European Legaues weren't that much of a contest last year... Then again, United topped the Prem for most of the year didn't they?
    Not only did they top it but, they had players who were in the top statistics, as well.

There are rumors that Donovan could possibly be leaving the MLS at the end of his contract to move to European Football...

Quote Originally Posted by dahrue View Post
    There are rumors that Donovan could possibly be leaving the MLS at the end of his contract to move to European Football...
    He has been on loan to Everton a couple of times but they never had the money to make an actual transfer...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bone Cold Marowak Guy View Post
    Because gen. 6 will have 126 Pokemon exactly, and show up near May 24, 2016 (give or take 3 weeks).

He has been on loan to Everton a couple of times but they never had the money to make an actual transfer...
    I'd love to see him in PL on a transfer. I don't know who would sign him, though.

I'd love to see him in PL on a transfer. I don't know who would sign him, though.
    Everton would be a good bet if he's cheap enough. Been there already and the fans like him so it would be a smart choice. Though it is still a while before he makes his decision he might change his mind before then

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmareisalive View Post
    Everton would be a good bet if he's cheap enough. Been there already and the fans like him so it would be a smart choice. Though it is still a while before he makes his decision he might change his mind before then
    He might just wanna retire in the MLS. Considering it's where he's from and he's getting kind of old now. He's still got it, though.

So Suarez went to the press to say that he wants to leave Liverpool,saying that it was agreed if Liverpool didn't get Champions League football last season he was allowed to leave this summer. Suarez says it was a written agreement and is going to take his case to the Premier League. Looks like he burnt the bridges between, him, the fans, the club and manager.I don' think he'll be staying around long now RVP did this last year and he left not long after.

Suarez also doesn't go with the Liverpool squad for a pre-season match because of 'foot injury'. Rooney and Bale also didn't go with their team for pre-season because of injury too. Suarez, Rooney and Bale are injured, coincidence?
    ♠ ♣ ♦ ♥

From what I've been reading on Twitter, the outburst to the press doesn't change much, if anything. Suarez has a relatively weak position, the "agreement" he thought was there didn't exist, so he is crying out to anyone who will listen to improve his position. Liverpool still hold all the cards, and John Henry (principal owner) has even said things along the line of "we don't need to sell, we don't want to sell". The lack of pressure from board level to sell is a definite help. I recall Karl Oyston stopped fielding calls from Liverpool over Charlie Adam one summer, and I'm quite sure he would have loved to have left Blackpool.

All in all, Liverpool can hold out for at least Ł50 - Ł60 million, and Arsenal have weakened their position with the naive Ł40,000,001 bid earlier on. I can see this dragging on until Liverpool line someone else up to replace him.

^I'm not sure about that Suarez has just to tell Rodgers that he isn't going to play and if they make him he won't do anything. Really he could just stand in the same spot on the pitch and it's Liverpool who takes the hit not him (his reputation is already that bad this won't effect him much). If he stays Liverpool have one player who won't do anything on big wages and considering it was because of him how well they did last season they would struggle so much more. It's best to sell now when they still hold the cards than wait a year where Suarez may not play at all and be in a much worse situation next summer to sell him.

Also Liverpool have to sell to buy. So if they want to replace Suarez they got to sell now while there is still time rather than do it late and miss out on a replacement.

Also Sunderland have accepted a bid from Wigan for James McClean. I feel it's a step down for him. He did have a bad season but I think that is more to do with "season season" syndrome and playing in a team that had been poor must of the season. He's a very good player and hopefully he'll show it this season.

Liverpool don't have to sell to buy, they are owned by a consortium that includes some of the richest men in the world. They have had a net spend of about Ł2million, have gotten rid of huge wage earners in Reina, Carragher and Carroll, and also have a reported budget of Ł50 million. The bid for Douglas Costa only seems to confirm this. Liverpool will hold the cards until he has one year left on his contract, and considering he signed a new one last year, that could be a while. A move to Arsenal is not a step up, the only reason he is looking to move is either: more money or hoping Barca or City prize him away from their feeding ground.

James McClean was suffering personal problems last year, but that doesn't do much to prove that he is nothing more than another Adam Johnson, who could have usurped his position as the overrated British winger in a otherwise improving Sunderland side. It will be interesting to see how this affects Callum McManaman though, could he be on his way to the Premier League?

Quote Originally Posted by TheSuperZekrom View Post
    Suarez also doesn't go with the Liverpool squad for a pre-season match because of 'foot injury'. Rooney and Bale also didn't go with their team for pre-season because of injury too. Suarez, Rooney and Bale are injured, coincidence?
    They all want to leave and so don't want to train with the team they want to leave, they want to train at Arsenal/Chelsea/BarnetReal Madrid respectively...
    Because gen. 6 will have 126 Pokemon exactly, and show up near May 24, 2016 (give or take 3 weeks).

Suarez really wants to move. If Liverpool don't let him go, he will bring Liverpool into a line of law, because he has Ł40m release clause on his current contract and Liverpoll don't let Arsenal talk with Suarez. He also says "It's okay to go to a rival club. At least they're playing in CL." he also says "I have a deal with Liverpool officials, if they cannot go through the CL this season, I can leave."
    ♠ ♣ ♦ ♥

There is no release clause. This is why he's gone to the press *again*. If there was a release clause, Liverpool couldn't have rejected the highly publicised Ł40,000,001 bid.

Last I heard Liverpool wasn't letting him go anywhere at all. Latest Twitter/Online update. But, Suarez did call out Liverpool to honor their agreement and let him go.

Also, Barca has made yet, another bid for David Luiz.

Also, Barca has made yet, another bid for David Luiz.
    This is interesting. At times the guy looks world class, but his concentration issues are well documented. As a ball playing defender though, he could do a wonderful job, and I think he would suit a pressing game like Barca's.

Quote Originally Posted by mountain goat View Post
    This is interesting. At times the guy looks world class, but his concentration issues are well documented. As a ball playing defender though, he could do a wonderful job, and I think he would suit a pressing game like Barca's.
    He's sort of used to highly competitive football in the Prem league. So, he can adjust to Barca's fast passing playing style and competition.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23428419

Apperently, Tottenham have signed Toulouse's Etienne Capoue for €10m + €2m bonuses. He's a versatile defensive midfielder in my opinion. He's also a good replacement for Parker.
    ♠ ♣ ♦ ♥

Apperently, Tottenham have signed Toulouse's Etienne Capoue for €10m + €2m bonuses. He's a versatile defensive midfielder in my opinion. He's also a good replacement for Parker.
    I think Liverpool is playing this smart. They're trying to get as much as they can get out of this. & I don't blame them. Suarez is basically their star player.

Sadly, we're going to see a lot of older players leave soon..

Isn't Sandro the replacement for Parker?

Isn't Sandro the replacement for Parker?
    Maybe their selling Sandro? I totally forgot about Sandro..

Or maybe for squad depth. The season is long and having as many good players as possible for you to use gives you a much better chance at qualifying for the Champions League. I think that means they have almost spend Ł60 million this summer so far.

Or maybe for squad depth. The season is long and having as many good players as possible for you to use gives you a much better chance at qualifying for the Champions League. I think that means they have almost spend Ł60 million this summer so far.
    I wonder how they could possibly make that money back plus some left over...

I wonder how they could possibly make that money back plus some left over...
    Things do seem to build up to one thing for Spurs and that's Bale leaving. Bids from Madrid, player "supposed"to want to go to Madrid, not going to Monaco with the team, Spurs spending big this summer (why this summer? why not last summer if they had the money, the season after the big pay day of Champions League)and I heard the twitter page removed Bales imagine. It would be interesting to see how this ends.

Also the PFA says that Suarez contract does NOT say it has a release clause if Liverpool receive a bid for over Ł40 million. Interesting that after he pretty much came out and called everyone at Liverpool a liar, there really is no going back.

Spurs changed their Twitter background without Bale in it. They also removed Dempsey from their bg. That's interesting because Dempsey has joined a club from US and Bale is still their player, but why they removed him? So that will be a big question.

So Adel Taarabt has joined Fulham on a season loan deal from QPR. Good to see him come back to PL.
    ♠ ♣ ♦ ♥

Also the PFA says that Suarez contract does NOT say it has a release clause if Liverpool receive a bid for over Ł40 million. Interesting that after he pretty much came out and called everyone at Liverpool a liar, there really is no going back.
    Do you still want the guy. Just on big can of crazy...

So Adel Taarabt has joined Fulham on a season loan deal from QPR. Good to see him come back to PL.
    He's a good player but I'm surprised he didn't stay with them in the Championship. He performed much betetr as a big fish in a small pond...

Page 166 of 260 FirstFirst ... 66116156162163164165166167168169170176216 ... LastLast