Page 168 of 266 FirstFirst ... 68118158164165166167168169170171172178218 ... LastLast
Results 4,176 to 4,200 of 6643

Thread: Soccer Thread

Bundesliga started last night, and Bayern won 3-1 against Gladbach. Robben, Mandzukic and Alaba scored. I don't watch the game, but the replay was cool though. Pep finally show his class there. They brought their new signings, Thiago and Gotze. But, Dante's own goal wasn't good for Bayern.
    ♠ ♣ ♦ ♥

Quote Originally Posted by TheSuperZekrom View Post
    Bundesliga started last night, and Bayern won 3-1 against Gladbach. Robben, Mandzukic and Alaba scored. I don't watch the game, but the replay was cool though. Pep finally show his class there. They brought their new signings, Thiago and Gotze. But, Dante's own goal wasn't good for Bayern.
    There was a really rare occurrence in that game. I think someone missed a penalty and than on the deflection there was another penalty kick. Just something cool.

With the Premier League season approaching, does anyone fancy doing a SPPF fantasy football or prediction league? Just gauging interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmareisalive View Post
    Someone in Turkey most of said or did something bad to him for him to really hate Turkish teams.
    I don't need to explain that Euro2016 bid thing you guys were talking about. Turkey looked to be the favourites for it but he made his country get it. We complained about it and since then his vendetta intesified. Also, this is probably not it but most French(Europe to be exact) people usually have something against us.

Number of Genwunners = 100
    Number of people accused of being a Genwunner = 100 000 000 000 000 000
    Number of people complaning about Genwunners = 100 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000

Quote Originally Posted by The Benmeister View Post
    With the Premier League season approaching, does anyone fancy doing a SPPF fantasy football or prediction league? Just gauging interest.
    I'd join in. How will it work and we need 10+ users to join too, right?

Quote Originally Posted by dahrue View Post
    I'd join in. How will it work and we need 10+ users to join too, right?
    I would also join, seems like pretty fun

Quote Originally Posted by Hilda View Post
    I don't need to explain that Euro2016 bid thing you guys were talking about. Turkey looked to be the favourites for it but he made his country get it. We complained about it and since then his vendetta intesified. Also, this is probably not it but most French(Europe to be exact) people usually have something against us.
    Unlucky if there is one thing that UEFA/FIFA hate is when people call them out on the decisions they make. I'm surprised they just haven't looked up an excuse to ban all Turkish teams (including the national team) from playing in Europe. Didn't Turkey also bid to host Euro 2020? The one where they think it's a good idea to have multiply countries host the tournament. I have a feeling that no city in Turkey will host any games of that Tournament even if they made a perfect bid for one. France on the other hand I expect will at least host a couple of games for it even after hosting Euro 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSirPeras View Post
    I would also join, seems like pretty fun
    We need alot of people but also people who will be consistent and actually participate.

P.S. love the KSI Gif.

So Arsenal won 3-1 against City. Arsenal were playing well overall. Walcott, Giroud and Ramsey all scored. And City's new signing, Negredo also scored one goal. That pass from Ramsey to Walcott was superb. A beautiful chip by Giroud and an amazing runs up by Ramsey. Negredo scored a decent goal. My man of the match probably between Ramsey and Kos. They both played well. But Ramsey caught my eyes from the begining.
    ♠ ♣ ♦ ♥

Quote Originally Posted by TheSuperZekrom View Post
    So Arsenal won 3-1 against City. Arsenal were playing well overall. Walcott, Giroud and Ramsey all scored. And City's new signing, Negredo also scored one goal. That pass from Ramsey to Walcott was superb. A beautiful chip by Giroud and an amazing runs up by Ramsey. Negredo scored a decent goal. My man of the match probably between Ramsey and Kos. They both played well. But Ramsey caught my eyes from the begining.
    Maybe Arsenal can win and be successful without any big signings. It was well played game by Arsenal, though.

I think they need a backup goalkeeper, one defender, one defensive midfielder and a world-class striker and they can win the league. Arsenal are much stronger now, they've found their Starting XI. Szczesny; Sagna, Kos, Per, Gibbs / Nacho; Arteta, Ramsey, Santi, Oxlade, Theo; Podolski. Pretty much strong atm.
    ♠ ♣ ♦ ♥

They definitely need a striker. But, the only move I saw them make was for Suarez.

A good win for Arsenal that's the last friendly game before the new season right? IF Arsenal can transfer that result into the Premier league and with some signings it could be an interesting season.

Also Celtic beat Liverpool 1-0 in Dublin. Didn't see the game but going by word Celtic had an under-strength team that played against a full strength Liverpool. If that's the case a great win for Celtic and a very bad sign for Liverpool. Maybe this win will go that bit further to shut up people saying Celtic wouldn't survive in the Premier League.

We need alot of people but also people who will be consistent and actually participate.

P.S. love the KSI Gif.
    Yeah I agree, I would try to be active as much as possible

Haha xD Love KSI he's so funny lol

So I'm gonna mix it up a bit and not talk about English football... The Portuguese supercup is in 5 minutes, Porto vs Guimaraes. Want Guimaraes to win as a Benfica fan, but I'm almost too sure Porto will win. For Benfica we had a poor pre season. 3 losses and 16 goals conceded (in I think 10 matches). Really want the coach to leave, he's been here for 4 years (this is the 5th), and since the first season he's done nothing but give Porto trophies like last year, we had the league granted 3 games before the season ended, and our coach once again showed he doesn't have the mental capacity to deal with this much pressure, losing the league to Porto, the cup in the finals and the europa league. Also, Cardozo pushed him after the last game, the loss in the portuguese cup. Would much rather Cardozo have stayed and the coach not, but the president feels the other way :/

Yeah I agree, I would try to be active as much as possible

So I'm gonna mix it up a bit and not talk about English football... The Portuguese supercup is in 5 minutes, Porto vs Guimaraes. Want Guimaraes to win as a Benfica fan, but I'm almost too sure Porto will win. For Benfica we had a poor pre season. 3 losses and 16 goals conceded (in I think 10 matches). Really want the coach to leave, he's been here for 4 years (this is the 5th), and since the first season he's done nothing but give Porto trophies like last year, we had the league granted 3 games before the season ended, and our coach once again showed he doesn't have the mental capacity to deal with this much pressure, losing the league to Porto, the cup in the finals and the europa league. Also, Cardozo pushed him after the last game, the loss in the portuguese cup. Would much rather Cardozo have stayed and the coach not, but the president feels the other way :/
    I remember Benifca's end to last season. That was a nightmare! Three trophies in your grasp and none gained... A horrible way to end the season. Has there been any major signings for the team and do you think they will do well this season? Going from what I saw Benifca looked a strong side but didn't have that mental ability to turn great play into trophies. It feels like it's only Porto these last few years who win anything.....

I remember Benifca's end to last season. That was a nightmare! Three trophies in your grasp and none gained... A horrible way to end the season. Has there been any major signings for the team and do you think they will do well this season? Going from what I saw Benifca looked a strong side but didn't have that mental ability to turn great play into trophies. It feels like it's only Porto these last few years who win anything.....
    Yea, Porto is the obvious favorite and dominant team.
    Benifica has a lot of potential but, have a lot to work to do if they wanna win.

Also, Chelsea, Inter, Napoli and Galaxy all interested in Eto'o.
    And do you think Barca will go for the set price of 50 mill for David Luiz?

Well they got these 2 players, Markovic and Djuricic and they've shown some nice skills, especially Markovic, but to be honest, not with this coach. He's had his time, and a lot of the fans are losing hope in him, and there's quite a few reasons why: No major trophies; seems to be unable to play vs Porto (always lose against them because our coach always picks defensive tactics against them); lack of Portuguese players (honestly, it seems like if you're Portuguese in Benfica, you won't get anywhere, only the b team or the bench) and finally, useless signings. Like honestly, half of all our signings until now were immediatelly followed by those players being loaned, and then they never come back. It's like there's another party getting all the money from that business, and that's the only reason they get those players. Well last year until the llast 5 games we were really amazing to be honest (and even against Chelsea I feel like Benfica played better). But now especially with all the criticism to the coach and the Cardozo thing (he hasnt been sold yet, and in a game against Sao Paulo a lot of fans yelled out Cardozo's name), I don't think they're really mentally ready.

Yea, Porto is the obvious favorite and dominant team.
    Benifica has a lot of potential but, have a lot to work to do if they wanna win.
    Well they are the dominant team but I wouldnt say obvious favorite. Last year Benfica was better and in first place up to the 27th game (there's 30 in our league)
    Last edited by TheSirPeras; 10th August 2013 at 10:03 PM.

Well they got these 2 players, Markovic and Djuricic and they've shown some nice skills, especially Markovic, but to be honest, not with this coach. He's had his time, and a lot of the fans are losing hope in him, and there's quite a few reasons why: No major trophies; seems to be unable to play vs Porto (always lose against them because our coach always picks defensive tactics against them); lack of Portuguese players (honestly, it seems like if you're Portuguese in Benfica, you won't get anywhere, only the b team or the bench) and finally, useless signings. Like honestly, half of all our signings until now were immediatelly followed by those players being loaned, and then they never come back. It's like there's another party getting all the money from that business, and that's the only reason they get those players. Well last year until the llast 5 games we were really amazing to be honest (and even against Chelsea I feel like Benfica played better). But now especially with all the criticism to the coach and the Cardozo thing (he hasnt been sold yet, and in a game against Sao Paulo a lot of fans yelled out Cardozo's name), I don't think they're really mentally ready.
    Well that sounds like there are a lot of things happening in the background and real poor management. If the fans started to protest (by not going to games or just booing and chanting bad thing about the coach) I'm sure they would listen.

Today was the start of the Irish Premiership (Northern Ireland). The champions Cliftonvile won 2-1 while Linfield drew 1-1.Glentorn beat Ballymena 6-3. Warrenpoint Town a newly promoted team lost 3-2. Interesting enough the team they played against Dungannon Swifts were visitors in their own stadium. This is because Warrenpoint's stadium doesn't meet the standards that the league has set for stadiums and have to use a stadium over an hour away because their local rivals Newry City (about 10-15 minute drive) won't let them use their ground.

PSV won 5-0 today. I'll tell you guys one thing: remember the name Zakaria Bakkali, he's got an invitation to the Belgian national team at age 17.
    AFTER STARTING OUT AS A POKÉMON TRAINER IN 1998, I FINALLY COMPLETED THE POKÉDEX ON NOVEMBER 16TH IN THE YEAR 2014
    Playtime in Pokémon Y: 513 hours and 50 minutes.
    Pokémon seen: 718
    Pokémon caught: 718

Future team for Omega Ruby: Sceptile, Blaziken, Swampert, Gorebyss, Dusclops, (event shiny) Metagross

"Trust me, any problem comes up, I'll stomp it into next week! I'll Bowserize it!"' —Bowser, Super Paper Mario

Quote Originally Posted by Buuz View Post
    PSV won 5-0 today. I'll tell you guys one thing: remember the name Zakaria Bakkali, he's got an invitation to the Belgian national team at age 17.
    Belgium has a lot of young talent as it is. (I can't count how many times I've complimented them on this thread xD)

The PSV game was a great, also.

Belgium has a lot of young talent as it is. (I can't count how many times I've complimented them on this thread xD)

The PSV game was a great, also.
    Sure was! The good game together with the great atmosphere in the stadium sent chills down my spine.
    AFTER STARTING OUT AS A POKÉMON TRAINER IN 1998, I FINALLY COMPLETED THE POKÉDEX ON NOVEMBER 16TH IN THE YEAR 2014
    Playtime in Pokémon Y: 513 hours and 50 minutes.
    Pokémon seen: 718
    Pokémon caught: 718

Future team for Omega Ruby: Sceptile, Blaziken, Swampert, Gorebyss, Dusclops, (event shiny) Metagross

"Trust me, any problem comes up, I'll stomp it into next week! I'll Bowserize it!"' —Bowser, Super Paper Mario

Sure was! The good game together with the great atmosphere in the stadium sent chills down my spine.
    I watched some of it and watched the highlights, PSV jsut dominated. Expected them too.

Nice win. I saw Bakkali's last goal he is number 19 right? it was a great goal! and only 17 he is going to have some future ahead of him. If PSV can keep him over the next couple of years he could very well win you trophies

Nice win. I saw Bakkali's last goal he is number 19 right? it was a great goal! and only 17 he is going to have some future ahead of him. If PSV can keep him over the next couple of years he could very well win you trophies
    As soon as he gets good big clubs will be all over that. Give it like a year or two. Maybe less.

As soon as he gets good big clubs will be all over that. Give it like a year or two. Maybe less.
    I wouldn't mind seeing him at Arsenal if he can produce what he did there every game but I think in a year or two he would be 18 or 19 and I think it's too young for a player to make a move to one of the big clubs in the world. Too many young players make those moves and it usually ends badly.

Page 168 of 266 FirstFirst ... 68118158164165166167168169170171172178218 ... LastLast