Page 17 of 256 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767117 ... LastLast

Thread: Soccer Thread

Arsenal fan here.

What a game last night. I really wanted Arsenal to score one more. van Persie was very close. Normally he scores that kind of chances.

Yeah but we forgive him because he has scored 30+ goals this season.We restored our pride with the 3-0 win over Milan, everybody thought they were miles better after the first leg.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockstar19958 View Post
    Yeah but we forgive him because he has scored 30+ goals this season.We restored our pride with the 3-0 win over Milan, everybody thought they were miles better after the first leg.
    I'd argue that we are indeed miles better, since we had to play Mesbah who single handendly donated 2 goals to Arsenal and made our left side a highway, and we also had to start with El Sharaawy who couldn't even score an open goal, but it's kind of pointless now.

Game one wasn't even close, but in the second half of game 2 we were arguably better.

Better? Yes
    Not Miles Better.

The pitch was also pretty bad in the first leg but still credit where Credit is due Milan were better over both legs.

We have to keep this form going now, we are just 4 points behind Spurs and they have some tough fixtures like Everton, Sunderland and Chelsea.We can overtake them if we keep this up

Amazing APOEL defeated Lyon and is going to the quarters.
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

I'd love all these Manchester defeats, if only they didn't damage England's coefficient...

Well what can I say about Barcelona, all the superlatives have already been used. They'll take some stopping...by Real Madrid perhaps? Only contender that comes anywhere near.

On the complete flipside, I'm lost for words about APOEL, watching the penalties I found myself being as elated as the fans when they won, same with when Zambia won their shootout. What can I say, I'm a sucker for the underdog, plus Lyon aren't my favourite team in the world anyways.

I reckon Manchester City can pull back their deficit. And write United off all you want but I can definitely see them getting a 2-0 win at Bilbao. Kinda hope they don't though, because Bilbao were great.
    My Youtube Gaming Channel
    (There's Pokemon!)

Pokemon Y Tag Team Wonderlocke
    Pokemon are put in teams of three, the first Pokemon obtained of the three is the captain.
    Only switching between members of your team.
    If the captain faints or the other two team members faint, the whole team is released.

Badges: 4
    Deaths: 8

Team Muscle Mashers

Team Hopping Mad

what a weekend, psv lost to nac and Twente lost to nec while we(ajax ) won with 3-0 against rkc, and feyenoord drew against utrecht which means we are now 2nd, the 31st title is comming close!!

and pity that city lost against swansea but **** happens, now focus on the home game against sporting and take revenge!! C'mon Blues
    White Fc: 4771 2233 9036
    Ajax Amsterdam!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sergio Aguero View Post
    what a weekend, psv lost to nac and Twente lost to nec while we(ajax ) won with 3-0 against rkc, and feyenoord drew against utrecht which means we are now 2nd, the 31st title is comming close!!

and pity that city lost against swansea but **** happens, now focus on the home game against sporting and take revenge!! C'mon Blues
    Everyone but Ajax..well that is not true I rather have Ajax win it then Heereveen but still... I would prefer another club .

I am a barca fan they beat racing santandar 2-0 .
    Credit to Extroph for the banner

Suddenly Tottenham are only one point in front!

Saint Totteringham's Day could happen after all!
    (There's Pokemon!)

Pokemon are put in teams of three, the first Pokemon obtained of the three is the captain.
    If the captain faints or the other two team members faint, the whole team is released.

Team Muscle Mashers

Team Hopping Mad

What a match! Spirited performance by Chelsea, they looked like the Chelsea of old.

Fully entertaining!

Quote Originally Posted by RevengeHitokage View Post
    What a match! Spirited performance by Chelsea, they looked like the Chelsea of old.

Fully entertaining!
    I agree. I still think that Chelsea could have performed better, they did slip a good few times on occasion.

What a game last night, could have been way more goals. Kinda wanted Napoli to do well but once Chelsea got into gear I was hoping they'd win instead, keep the England flag flying and whatnot!

As a semi-MK Dons fan I can say only good things about Roberto di Matteo, hope he does great for the rest of the season, and maybe even further? Who knows. He's such a likeable guy.
    (There's Pokemon!)

Team Muscle Mashers

Team Hopping Mad

Match up CL:

APOEL - Real Madrid
    Olympique Marseille - Bayern Müchen
    Benfica - Chelsea
    AC Milan - FC Barcelona

Go Apoel! heart of the underdog for the win. :P (No seriously they would probably lose :C)

It was really bad to see Fabrice Muamba just have a heart attack this weekend in the Spurs V Bolton fixture. He's in a critical condition still but he's recovering.

Glad Muamba is healing. Also glad Bolton are back in action. That was a surreal weekend, not to mention it was followed by Liam Kelly's dad collapsing and dying during the Kilmarnock final, and the Indian player that also died of a heart attack less than a week later.

I'm tempted to draw comparisons to London buses, but the better comparison would be of the buses simultaneously detonating.

Arsenal back in third, here's hoping they stay there. Every weekend of football is a big weekend now.
    (There's Pokemon!)

Team Muscle Mashers

Team Hopping Mad

I hope Abidal get's with his liver transplant soon and well, he means a lot to Barca! About Fabrice, it was shocking and sad when I found out he got a heart attack, I also give him my 100% support!! Just thought I'd give Eric my support seeing as I'm a Barca fan, and, of course, Fabrice too!

Quote Originally Posted by The Benmeister View Post
    I'm tempted to draw comparisons to London buses, but the better comparison would be of the buses simultaneously detonating.

Arsenal back in third, here's hoping they stay there. Every weekend of football is a big weekend now.
    That's really offensive take that back
    Haha good analogy

This weekend's fuxtures are huge. Spurs' recent form has been horrible, and I can't see any improvement today against Chelsea. Then again football's selling point has always been the unpredictability.

Hadn't seen this thread before, any other west ham fans on here? :P

Sie sind das Essen und wir sind die Jäger!
    deviantART | Twitter
    3DS FC: 2595-0280-9012

GOOOOOOAAAAAAAALLLLLLLL from Alexis Sanchez! Mallorca 0-1 Barcelona!

Anyone watching Milan vs Barca? I'm rooting for Milan gotta go with the under dogs. If only Robinho could of finished the first chance. -_-

Sie sind das Essen und wir sind die Jäger!
    deviantART | Twitter
    3DS FC: 2595-0280-9012

Its called f00tba55 rip zyzz

Quote Originally Posted by Danlax View Post
    Anyone watching Milan vs Barca? I'm rooting for Milan gotta go with the under dogs. If only Robinho could of finished the first chance. -_-
    I'm watching it, but I'm a Barca fan.

That was so depressing...I feel like a loss there, what'll happen next week when Milan come to the Camp? It was a 0-0 draw...All Milan have to do is draw and that's it for us We must win at the Camp, simple as that...I guess...
    Last edited by ~Nicole~; 28th March 2012 at 9:54 PM.

Great night of Europa League football! Fifteen goals over four games, not bad at all. I'm personally hoping AZ and Metalist can pull through their ties.

Also, barring a dramatic collapse in Europe by all five of Spain's competing teams, it seems likely that La Liga will overtake the EPL as best European team next season (going by coefficients). Ah well, we had a good run...
    (There's Pokemon!)

Team Muscle Mashers

Team Hopping Mad

Page 17 of 256 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767117 ... LastLast