Page 170 of 266 FirstFirst ... 70120160166167168169170171172173174180220 ... LastLast
Results 4,226 to 4,250 of 6631

Thread: Soccer Thread

It would be an awkward signing for Chelsea. They've got so many midfielder so that not necessary to bring Rooney.

Sky Sports says Gustavo would love to play with Arsenal if we could wrap the deal. A good versatile mid, he could also play in the left-back, right-back and centre-back position. It would be a good deal if we could pick him up.
    ♠ ♣ ♦ ♥

Quote Originally Posted by TheSuperZekrom View Post
    It would be an awkward signing for Chelsea. They've got so many midfielder so that not necessary to bring Rooney.

Sky Sports says Gustavo would love to play with Arsenal if we could wrap the deal. A good versatile mid, he could also play in the left-back, right-back and centre-back position. It would be a good deal if we could pick him up.
    We got to hurry as apparently Napoli are rumoured to have enquired about Gustavo which is isnt good as Napoli already brought one of our targets (Higuain) and they still got funds fresh from the sale of Cavani to easily bid for Gustavo which is around Ł14-18m so that wouldn't be a problem financially. Hopefully Gustavo sees Arsenal as a better suitor than Napoli.

With all the rumours, I think Gustavo wants to play with us. He said that to Sky Sports. And I hope we could pick him up. Wenger knows the best for the team. Bayern seem don't need Gustavo anymore, since they already have Thiago and Gotze even though they're an attacking mid instead of defending mid. They also got Javi and Schweni, so I think Bayern will let Gustavo leave.
    ♠ ♣ ♦ ♥

^ You forgot to mention Kroos as well! Bayern have arguably the most stacked midfield in club football right now as all the players are worthy of starting for any top club. Gustavo needs us (to get into the Brazil World Cup squad and play CL football) as much as we need a quality holding midfielder for the present and the future. Hopefully Arsenal can wrap up the deal quickly an focus on other targets we need in.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Raider View Post
    ^ You forgot to mention Kroos as well! Bayern have arguably the most stacked midfield in club football right now as all the players are worthy of starting for any top club. Gustavo needs us (to get into the Brazil World Cup squad and play CL football) as much as we need a quality holding midfielder for the present and the future. Hopefully Arsenal can wrap up the deal quickly an focus on other targets we need in.
    I do hope that's the case and he just isn't using Arsenal to make other clubs quicken their pace to sign him. Huntelaar did that last winter to help get a new and better contract with his club.

Also West Ham have signed Downing from Liverpool for Ł6 million. Big price difference for what Liverpool signed him for. They took at least a Ł14 million hit with selling him on.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmareisalive View Post
    I do hope that's the case and he just isn't using Arsenal to make other clubs quicken their pace to sign him. Huntelaar did that last winter to help get a new and better contract with his club.

Also West Ham have signed Downing from Liverpool for Ł6 million. Big price difference for what Liverpool signed him for. They took at least a Ł14 million hit with selling him on.
    Downing wasn't getting much from Liverpool anyways. Good pickup for West Ham.

Do you think Bale is faking his injury? I can't be sure because, he didn't even go to play with Wales, so this could be real or he's faking it real good.

Quote Originally Posted by dahrue View Post
    Do you think Bale is faking his injury? I can't be sure because, he didn't even go to play with Wales, so this could be real or he's faking it real good.
    Well the Wales game is a friendly so it doesn't matter much. We'll find out when Spurs play their first game this season. Whatever happens then I think will decide his future. If it's true that United are going to challenge Madrid for him things will get really interesting.

Well the Wales game is a friendly so it doesn't matter much. We'll find out when Spurs play their first game this season. Whatever happens then I think will decide his future. If it's true that United are going to challenge Madrid for him things will get really interesting.
    Ew, Bale on Man U. I can't see that. But, it'd interesting but I see Real Madrid prevailing in that battle. I'd like to see what Madrid would do with Bale too.

I doubt it, Gustavo was quoted he appreciates our style of football, admires Wenger and says we're not 'pushovers'. Arsenal have officially placed a Ł17.2m bid for him and Bayern seem they are about to accept the offer (according to Sky Sports).

Haha Liverpool also lost about Ł20m selling Carroll to the Irons and now another Ł14m lost on Downing. Damn King Kenny sure fudged up royaly there!

I think he's exaggerating a minor injury which is probably close to healing. I'm sure his mentally is that he doesn't want to play any friendies club or country to risk further injury and jeopardise his dream move to Real now he's gone public about wanting to leave Spurs.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Raider View Post
    I doubt it, Gustavo was quoted he appreciates our style of football, admires Wenger and says we're not 'pushovers'. Arsenal have officially placed a Ł17.2m bid for him and Bayern seem they are about to accept the offer (according to Sky Sports).

Haha Liverpool also lost about Ł20m selling Carroll to the Irons and now another Ł14m lost on Downing. Damn King Kenny sure fudged up royaly there!
    True I hope if that's the case we get him signed up and ready for the games we have coming up. He would be a great addition to the Arsenal midfield.

Yeah lol West Ham are gaining from Liverpool's mistakes. It would be fun if both scored against Liverpool...

True I hope if that's the case we get him signed up and ready for the games we have coming up. He would be a great addition to the Arsenal midfield.

Yeah lol West Ham are gaining from Liverpool's mistakes. It would be fun if both scored against Liverpool...
    If they do sell Suarez are they even going to make money from that? He'd sell for 55 mil something like that.

If they do sell Suarez are they even going to make money from that? He'd sell for 55 mil something like that.
    Yeah they bought him for Ł22 million I think so they will make over twice as much selling him. Though if he's in context of all the signings they made under King Kenny it still won't be enough to recover all the spending he did.

Yeah they bought him for Ł22 million I think so they will make over twice as much selling him. Though if he's in context of all the signings they made under King Kenny it still won't be enough to recover all the spending he did.
    That's a shame. & if he went they'd have no one. Besides Sturridge and a few other players.

Ancelotti says Bale isn't the part of his squad for this season. Well, Perez will think two times before he make a such of insane bid for Bale, its about Ł100m+ iirc. Yeah so seems too pricey for Perez. They've got Ronaldo and etc, then why would he spend that big insane money on Bale? You could pick another quality player, like Suarez, Muller, Reus, Diaby and etc etc. That would be really stupid if Perez decided to make that bid.
    ♠ ♣ ♦ ♥

Ancelotti says Bale isn't the part of his squad for this season. Well, Perez will think two times before he make a such of insane bid for Bale, its about Ł100m+ iirc. Yeah so seems too pricey for Perez. They've got Ronaldo and etc, then why would he spend that big insane money on Bale? You could pick another quality player, like Suarez, Muller, Reus, Diaby and etc etc. That would be really stupid if Perez decided to make that bid.
    Too be fair Real got Di Maria who is still boss imo. Bale isn't really needed at Real and at Ł100m? I seriously doubt Real are going to pay that much for a player who just had a breakout season.

It's all about showing off now isn't it. It pretty much would let Madrid go "Look we got Bale and Ronaldo in the same team.What you got". Anyway Perez hardly ever listens to the manager he signs who he wants and the manager is got to fit them in their plans even though it would be counter productive.

Watch, they are gunna sign him and he's gunna have second season syndrome (where's ToeyJoey?). It's pointless buy on their part.

Well that is disappointing result. Scotland were the much better team for most of that match and England did well to score their two equalizers. Once England scored their third Scotland gave up. A petty they deserved to win. If they can play like that more often then maybe they will finally qualify for a major cup.

Northern Ireland beat Russia 1-0. Big surprise that but it's nice to see the local team do well.

Well that is disappointing result. Scotland were the much better team for most of that match and England did well to score their two equalizers. Once England scored their third Scotland gave up. A petty they deserved to win. If they can play like that more often then maybe they will finally qualify for a major cup.

Northern Ireland beat Russia 1-0. Big surprise that but it's nice to see the local team do well.

Massive surprise on N. Ireland's behalf. They have been known of surprising us of lately drawing with Portugal not too far back. Scotland did very well to keep as tight to England as they did, but England proved they were the best team and the last goal really burst the Scottish bubble. Then Ireland and Wales, 0-0 draw. Really disappointing for both teams.
    My Shiny Pokemon:

5th Gen:
    ;Emolga; ;Solosis;

6th Gen:
    Greninja ;Volcarona; (X2) Aegislash ;Lampent; Diggersby

Luvin' the t'wigs <3
    3DS fc: Paddy 2621-3316-5077 (Pm if you add me)

Felt bad for Scotland there because they played well overall and Miller's goal was class. England will definitely need to improve in the WC14 qualifiers if they want to go to Brazil based on tonights perferomance.

Oh and I forgot to mention, I read earlier something about making a fantasy football league? If so I'm definitely interested but it has to be soon as the season is about to kick off!

Alright, let's forget about the top leagues for a second and let's all realise that Paul Ince has been charged by the FA for 3 separate incidents.
    I drift in and out. I'm more into the glitchy side of things, hate nearly everything post-HGSS.
    I'll probably forget what I offer on trade pages. If I do, just message me on Tumblr as I'm always on there.

Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Terry. T. View Post
    Alright, let's forget about the top leagues for a second and let's all realise that Paul Ince has been charged by the FA for 3 separate incidents.
    What all for? I know one is for saying something to an official but not the other two. They can't be that bad can they?

What all for? I know one is for saying something to an official but not the other two. They can't be that bad can they?
    1) Calling the referee a 'homer' for missing Tom Clarke's foul (which wasn't even a foul) when he scored and sent us Lilywhites into delirium
    2) Pretty much the same after the Barnsley tie in which Incey had to place someone facing deportation on the bench number 34.
    3) Calling out the FA as a result

It's a good time to support Preston
    I drift in and out. I'm more into the glitchy side of things, hate nearly everything post-HGSS.
    I'll probably forget what I offer on trade pages. If I do, just message me on Tumblr as I'm always on there.

Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Terry. T. View Post
    1) Calling the referee a 'homer' for missing Tom Clarke's foul (which wasn't even a foul) when he scored and sent us Lilywhites into delirium
    2) Pretty much the same after the Barnsley tie in which Incey had to place someone facing deportation on the bench number 34.
    3) Calling out the FA as a result

It's a good time to support Preston
    Not smart at all. Seems all the praise he's getting is getting to his head thinking he can say things and get away with it. Any idea his punishment it sounds he will have a long ban ahead of him.

Not smart at all. Seems all the praise he's getting is getting to his head thinking he can say things and get away with it. Any idea his punishment it sounds he will have a long ban ahead of him.
    He's absolutely brilliant. Exactly why we sang 'yer dad's a c*nt and so are you' every time Tom Ince missed a shot. Inappropriate but very, very funny.

Tumblr

Page 170 of 266 FirstFirst ... 70120160166167168169170171172173174180220 ... LastLast