Page 173 of 266 FirstFirst ... 73123163169170171172173174175176177183223 ... LastLast
Results 4,301 to 4,325 of 6645

Thread: Soccer Thread

  1. #4301
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Sierra Leone
    Posts
    682

    Default

    My boy Benteke.
    There were a couple bad calls by the ref, though. I will agree.
    I think Aston played a good game.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheSuperZekrom View Post
    And thank you, Zekrom.. i think I successfully joined the league.

  2. #4302
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    on hiatus
    Posts
    964

    Default

    The game was messed up really. Villa played well, they successfully dominated the midfield where our play were made of. Villa's new signing, Antonio Luna played well in the game, and Benteke also played good. But he did a bad thing to Sagna, he made Sagna fell off with his head first, when I saw that it's just like a WWE game though. I hope Sagna is okay, if not, we really need a new panic buying wing back. Monreal,
    Verm are injured atm. Fenerbache game will be a tough game for Arsenal.

    My fantasy league is f***ed up.
    ♠ ♣ ♦ ♥

  3. #4303
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Trinidad & Tobago
    Posts
    387

    Default

    If anyone's interested in joining my La Liga fantasy league, here the link: http://www.fantasy-liga.com/en/index.php

    Create your team then click Leagues, and join leagues. The code is tVen61rKgm6A

    Keep in mind that this league is actually for another forum I'm on, but you guys can come join too.

  4. #4304
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Sierra Leone
    Posts
    682

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheSuperZekrom View Post
    The game was messed up really. Villa played well, they successfully dominated the midfield where our play were made of. Villa's new signing, Antonio Luna played well in the game, and Benteke also played good. But he did a bad thing to Sagna, he made Sagna fell off with his head first, when I saw that it's just like a WWE game though. I hope Sagna is okay, if not, we really need a new panic buying wing back. Monreal,
    Verm are injured atm. Fenerbache game will be a tough game for Arsenal.

    My fantasy league is f***ed up.
    I know, I saw. Hope he recovers well. Unfortunate for Arsenal.

    I have Benteke, Lukaku, and De Bruyne on my fantasy squad....I think...I hope I did it right. Also was done form my phone.

  5. #4305
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    on hiatus
    Posts
    964

    Default

    I'll lose this FPL thingy...

    So United are 2-0 ahead against Swans... RVP and Welbeck scored the goal for United.
    ♠ ♣ ♦ ♥

  6. #4306
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Sierra Leone
    Posts
    682

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheSuperZekrom View Post
    I'll lose this FPL thingy...

    So United are 2-0 ahead against Swans... RVP and Welbeck scored the goal for United.
    Hopefully, for Welbeck's sake, he can be more offensive and show more life in his position scoring more goals for them. He can pair nicely with RVP.

  7. #4307
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    the Netherlands
    Posts
    416

    Default

    PSV won 3-0 today. They played a bad first half, the opponent had a few good shots but the team compensated for their poor first half by playing a good second one. Now it's on to the first of the two matches against AC Milan. I don't think they're going to win to be honest, but there's always a chance eh?
    "You need stomping. And I'm a Stomptologist."

    "Trust me, any problem comes up, I'll stomp it into next week! I'll Bowserize it!"

    "Count Bleck, Floro Sapiens, whatever... Stomping fools is my business! Show me a fool, and I'll stomp it! I don't even need a reason!"



  8. #4308
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    623

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buuz View Post
    PSV won 3-0 today. They played a bad first half, the opponent had a few good shots but the team compensated for their poor first half by playing a good second one. Now it's on to the first of the two matches against AC Milan. I don't think they're going to win to be honest, but there's always a chance eh?
    .

    Well Milan aren't as dangerous as they once were and if PSV play wisely they could get a win other Milan. PSV have a good score record and have played a couple of games already so are more than warmed up for it. I think Milan still have to play a competitive game so may be rusty.

  9. #4309
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Trinidad & Tobago
    Posts
    387

    Default

    Real Sociedad top of La Liga currently with a 2-0 win over Getafe Their new signing Seferovic got a goal as well, he's going to be something big for them. Athletic Bilbao won their match 2-1 against Valladolid as well, Muniain got the winner in the second half. Flying start to La Liga so far then ^_^

  10. #4310
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Preston
    Posts
    813

    Default

    Preston 2-2 MK Dons
    We were crap, the ref was crap...I hate League One. That is all.
    I drift in and out. I'm more into the glitchy side of things, hate nearly everything post-HGSS.
    I'll probably forget what I offer on trade pages. If I do, just message me on Tumblr as I'm always on there.

    Tumblr


  11. #4311
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    the Netherlands
    Posts
    3,189

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buuz View Post
    PSV won 3-0 today. They played a bad first half, the opponent had a few good shots but the team compensated for their poor first half by playing a good second one. Now it's on to the first of the two matches against AC Milan. I don't think they're going to win to be honest, but there's always a chance eh?

    Congratz! My club, SC cambuur, won too today. Winning their first Eredivisie game since their return. 4-1 smashing Fc groningen! Was a great match, and if we keep playing like this I expect us to play Eredivisie too next year!
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

  12. #4312
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,364

    Default

    So Welbeck has scored more PL goals this season than last season, double in fact. If i were him, I'd retire on this high...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bone Cold Marowak Guy View Post
    Because gen. 6 will have 126 Pokemon exactly, and show up near May 24, 2016 (give or take 3 weeks).

  13. #4313
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Trinidad & Tobago
    Posts
    387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ToeyJoey View Post
    So Welbeck has scored more PL goals this season than last season, double in fact. If i were him, I'd retire on this high...
    Hahaha, nice one! Hey, can anyone tell me how much it will cost to get a ticket to the Britannia?

  14. #4314
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    England, United Kingdom
    Posts
    389

    Default

    Thought Koscielny was hard done by. The first yellow card I can understand- his knee did make contact with Agbonlahor's leg before he got a touch on the ball. Second yellow card looked harsh though. I don't even know how much contact he made with Wiemann, it looked like he jumped and avoided contact with Koscielny altogether and lost his balance upon landing.

    Szczesny looked very shaky today. What's the consensus among Arsenal fans? Do you guys think he's first choice keeper material or do you want someone stronger?

  15. #4315
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    623

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ninjames View Post
    Szczesny looked very shaky today. What's the consensus among Arsenal fans? Do you guys think he's first choice keeper material or do you want someone stronger?
    Depends on who you ask. Some think he has talent others say he's useless. The most common agreement is that we need another keeper to come in and challenge him for the spot. I think he is talented and will be a great keeper for Arsenal for years to come but he needs competition to help him improve. Having a keeper come in and fight for the spot is needed. Look at what Fergie did for De Gea. He had to fight for a while to get that spot and was rotated quite a bit but in the end it made him a better keeper. Szszesny needs the same, the boy is talented but over-confidant and makes mistakes. He was at his best when he broke into the first team since he knew he had to make an impression. Since then now that he knows he's number one by miles he's dropped his game a bit.

  16. #4316
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Trinidad & Tobago
    Posts
    387

    Default

    Apparently if I want to go to the Britannia to watch a match over the course of the year I'm going to have to find the time to pop around at the stadium and ask the price for a ticket...which isn't ideal. However, the Britannia is fairly close to the university, so I guess one morning I can probably take a little walk to it and find out. If I'm going to be in this city for the next year I'm definitely going to have to find ways to entertain myself when I'm not studying, and going to the Britannia when Stoke are playing one of the ''bigger'' teams on a little Saturday morning is definitely ideal for me. It depends on the price for the ticket though, if it exceeds Ł70 I'll probably have to pass on it lol...

  17. #4317
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Sierra Leone
    Posts
    682

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ToeyJoey View Post
    So Welbeck has scored more PL goals this season than last season, double in fact. If i were him, I'd retire on this high...
    I sure did miss you Joey xD I cant

  18. #4318
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    on hiatus
    Posts
    964

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ninjames View Post
    Thought Koscielny was hard done by. The first yellow card I can understand- his knee did make contact with Agbonlahor's leg before he got a touch on the ball. Second yellow card looked harsh though. I don't even know how much contact he made with Wiemann, it looked like he jumped and avoided contact with Koscielny altogether and lost his balance upon landing.

    Szczesny looked very shaky today. What's the consensus among Arsenal fans? Do you guys think he's first choice keeper material or do you want someone stronger?
    The ref was kinda blind though. I thought he will give the yellow for Per because he did a two-foot tackle to Benteke there. But he kinda clueless I think. And also, he made a bad decision with gave the second penalty to Villa, because the replay showed that Kos tackled the ball not Gabby's feet. That kinda harsh.

    He wasn't on his top form today. But he will do his best. If Wenger bring a new keeper, he will show his best performance. He needs to learn more from the expert. Maybe sign an old keeper like Cesar so Szczesny can learn from him.
    ♠ ♣ ♦ ♥

  19. #4319
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Sierra Leone
    Posts
    682

    Default

    Barca has discontinued there chase for center backs : Luiz and Agger. How do you think they will think they will play with their current backs, without those signings?

  20. #4320
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Trinidad & Tobago
    Posts
    387

    Default

    Puyol's old and almost always injured, Mascherano can't defend, Song is decent at CB, but not what we need, Bartra's young, inexperienced and raw, and Pique's been off-form for like the last 2 years. We NEED a new CB, there is no question about it. If we fail to get someone in, I really do shudder to think about what teams like Madrid and Munich will do to us if we meet them, that's how...bad ( to say the least ) our defensive situation is right now.

  21. #4321
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    on hiatus
    Posts
    964

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dahrue View Post
    Barca has discontinued there chase for center backs : Luiz and Agger. How do you think they will think they will play with their current backs, without those signings?
    Still rock hard but maybe a little weak. Puyol is getting older, Mascherano is meh, and Pique always wants to be with Shakira. One new CB will be enough for Barca.
    ♠ ♣ ♦ ♥

  22. #4322
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Trinidad & Tobago
    Posts
    387

    Default

    It's not hard at all, and this is coming from a usually very optimistic Barcelona fan. I've supported this club since 2002, and I can comfortably say this defense is one of the worst I've ever seen at this club.

  23. #4323
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Sierra Leone
    Posts
    682

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheSuperZekrom View Post
    Still rock hard but maybe a little weak. Puyol is getting older, Mascherano is meh, and Pique always wants to be with Shakira. One new CB will be enough for Barca.
    Who wouldn't want too?!

    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightGengar View Post
    It's not hard at all, and this is coming from a usually very optimistic Barcelona fan. I've supported this club since 2002, and I can comfortably say this defense is one of the worst I've ever seen at this club.

    They only signed Neymar I believe. I think they could've pulled in a talented CB very easily.

    EDIT: I made this last night. Don't ask about the inspiration.

    Last edited by Latch; 18th August 2013 at 3:23 AM.

  24. #4324
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Trinidad & Tobago
    Posts
    387

    Default

    Yep, we only have signed Neymar so far. That money could have well bought us at least 2 decent defenders, I'm not really a fan of Neymar's signing, at least not for that amount...As I said though, if we can't get Luiz/Agger, Sakho's just asked to leave PSG, so I believe we can buy him, and he'll probbaly cost us Ł25 million at the highest.

  25. #4325
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Sierra Leone
    Posts
    682

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightGengar View Post
    Yep, we only have signed Neymar so far. That money could have well bought us at least 2 decent defenders, I'm not really a fan of Neymar's signing, at least not for that amount...As I said though, if we can't get Luiz/Agger, Sakho's just asked to leave PSG, so I believe we can buy him, and he'll probbaly cost us Ł25 million at the highest.
    That's a good buy. Sahko is great defender. He doesn't fit in at PSG.

Page 173 of 266 FirstFirst ... 73123163169170171172173174175176177183223 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •