Page 174 of 266 FirstFirst ... 74124164170171172173174175176177178184224 ... LastLast
Results 4,326 to 4,350 of 6645

Thread: Soccer Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightGengar View Post
    Puyol's old and almost always injured, Mascherano can't defend, Song is decent at CB, but not what we need, Bartra's young, inexperienced and raw, and Pique's been off-form for like the last 2 years. We NEED a new CB, there is no question about it. If we fail to get someone in, I really do shudder to think about what teams like Madrid and Munich will do to us if we meet them, that's how...bad ( to say the least ) our defensive situation is right now.
    Pretty much true about Barcelona defense atm. I have no idea why you guys bought Song in the first place it made no sense. If Barca aren't going to buy defenders they need to bring back the pressing game. Since Pep left they haven't used it all. Literally it covers Barca weak defense since a midfielder does a defenders work by winning the ball back up further the pitch and starting a counter attack.

PSG have Silva, Alex and Marquinhos, and they already don't want Silva to leave and bought Marquinhos just to spite us really, they didn't need him. They don't need Sakho. I would love to see him in Blaugrana colours.

PSG has a really stacked roster all around already. For them not to release Sahko, would just be straight up selfish.

Well, from what I've seen from us in pre-season ( especially in the 8-0 Gamper trophy mauling of Santos ), Tata Martino is bringing back that pressing game. Heck, even Messi and company in the attack rush the defenders and the goalkeeper for the ball. I'm liking what I'm seeing from the team, and tomorrow against Levante we'll be blessed with the opportunity of seeing a full strength Barcelona team, but either way you slice it we need a defender that can actually do his job and who is young (ish) and not always out injured. It's pretty much a priority. We may be able to win La Liga again with a poor defense, but against Real Madrid and in the Champions League, we'll again be punished.

So Spurs beat Crystal Palace 1-0.. They should of won at least 3-0 but I'll looking forward to seeing Chelsea playing today. Maybe because of FF I guess

Soldado scores his first debut goal for Spuds. Looking forward to see how Kevin De Bruyne play against Hull.

Anyway, fun fact
    Hull Starting XI = Ł11m
    Fernando Torres = Ł50m
    ♠ ♣ ♦ ♥

Quote Originally Posted by TheSuperZekrom View Post
    Soldado scores his first debut goal for Spuds. Looking forward to see how Kevin De Bruyne play against Hull.

Anyway, fun fact
    Hull Starting XI = Ł11m
    Fernando Torres = Ł50m
    Lmao is Torres starting? Looking forward to see how Mourinho uses this Chelsea squad. It's almost kickoff.

Yep Torres is starting.

And if I look to Chelsea's bench, its 20 times better than our bench right now. Wenger sold out 17 players this summer and only brought 1 new player (Yaya Sanogo) and he was free. I can't believe that. We need more addition to the team.
    ♠ ♣ ♦ ♥

Quote Originally Posted by TheSuperZekrom View Post
    Yep Torres is starting.

And if I look to Chelsea's bench, its 20 times better than our bench right now. Wenger sold out 17 players this summer and only brought 1 new player (Yaya Sanogo) and he was free. I can't believe that. We need more addition to the team.
    I heard we only have 13 fit first team players going to in a make or break champions league qualifier game...... how is it even possible to get in that situation. Chelsea will probably beat Hull today. Hull achieved a lot more than expected of them last season and with a midfield like Chelsea against them Hull will struggle.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmareisalive View Post
    I heard we only have 13 fit first team players going to in a make or break champions league qualifier game...... how is it even possible to get in that situation. Chelsea will probably beat Hull today. Hull achieved a lot more than expected of them last season and with a midfield like Chelsea against them Hull will struggle.
    Hopefully Lukaku gets in. I need him too. For the sake of my FF team.

This is just the beginning and in the 3 games I've watched from the premier league they've all had penalties O.o

Welp, we should've lost yesterday, we conceded 2 goals against Notts County and we drew 1-1 up the saddlers.

(To clarify, we (Walsall) had like 80 chances to win but Westcarr couldn't put the ball in the net, they (Notts County) had like 4 chances, 2 of those went in the net, 1 of them bounced across the goal line like 20 times before it was cleared and the other one was saved.)

In other news, Hull would be winning if they just played Matty Fryatt.

(To clarify Matty Fryatt is the greatest striker in the world. Yes! Even better then Troy Deeney.)
    As to what once, it now is. For this my retirement tour, let us commence, forevermore, forevermore.

Chelsea secure win against Hull City.

De Bruyne assist to Oscar 13' in.

In the same half Frank Lampard, a club legend, puts one in at the 25' mark.

There was a yellow later in the game but, all the excitement was limited to the first half. Chelsea dominated; game over.

I don't get what the hate is, Torres scored when it mattered for Chelsea last season, scored in the Europa League final and netted a total of 22 times.

I don't get what the hate is, Torres scored when it mattered for Chelsea last season, scored in the Europa League final and netted a total of 22 times.
    I agree. Maybe people just expected more, I don't know.

Yes he scored 22 goals in all competitions but he's still not the same explosive player that was tearing up the league with Liverpool and almost helped Liverpool win the league back in 09 and was worth Ł50 million. It's a shame because I've alway been a fan of his, maybe this is the year he picks up form and scores on a regular basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Raider View Post
    Yes he scored 22 goals in all competitions but he's still not the same explosive player that was tearing up the league with Liverpool and almost helped Liverpool win the league back in 09 and was worth Ł50 million. It's a shame because I've alway been a fan of his, maybe this is the year he picks up form and scores on a regular basis.
    He was so much better in 09.

People expect so much more and I don't think he's playing to that full potential.

Let's hold up there... I don't think anyone is worth Ł50 million. Ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bone Cold Marowak Guy View Post
    Because gen. 6 will have 126 Pokemon exactly, and show up near May 24, 2016 (give or take 3 weeks).

Quote Originally Posted by ToeyJoey View Post
    Let's hold up there... I don't think anyone is worth Ł50 million. Ever.
    Gareth Bale, Ł108 million. xD It's all really ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by dahrue View Post
    Gareth Bale, Ł108 million. xD It's all really ridiculous.
    Well that is what Spurs what for him no where near his actual price tag. He's worth about Ł50 million. Let's see if he can keep producing that type of form last season to this season before asking is he worth more than Ronaldo.

Barcelona won 6-0 today to open their season. All 6 came in the first half with Cesc setting up four..... if only he was back at Arsenal

Well that is what Spurs what for him no where near his actual price tag. He's worth about Ł50 million. Let's see if he can keep producing that type of form last season to this season before asking is he worth more than Ronaldo.

Barcelona won 6-0 today to open their season. All 6 came in the first half with Cesc setting up four..... if only he was back at Arsenal
    Who scored the six goals? & did Neymar play?

Who scored the six goals? & did Neymar play?
    Sorry 7 actually. Messi two, Pedro two, Xavi, Alves and Sanchez. Neymar started on the bench and came on around the 60th minute.

Sorry 7 actually. Messi two, Pedro two, Xavi, Alves and Sanchez. Neymar started on the bench and came on around the 60th minute.
    Honestly, it was such a pointless transfer. They needed to sign a CB.

Honestly, it was such a pointless transfer. They needed to sign a CB.
    True though the new coach can help solve that. He was the Paraguay manager for their world cup and copa America and they played with a well organised defense. If he can take that to Barca it could be worth more than getting a new defender. Though I still assist on them bringing back the pressing game they use to do

True though the new coach can help solve that. He was the Paraguay manager for their world cup and copa America and they played with a well organised defense. If he can take that to Barca it could be worth more than getting a new defender. Though I still assist on them bringing back the pressing game they use to do
    They play patient and possession football. It's beautiful at times.

That's true but, there CBs are getting older now. I think they could've signed a new one.

Page 174 of 266 FirstFirst ... 74124164170171172173174175176177178184224 ... LastLast