Page 18 of 266 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868118 ... LastLast

Thread: Soccer Thread

Everyone...it's El Clasico, coming Saturday! BARCA! BARCA! BARCA! XD

Did Chelsea really beat Barca 1-0?

I thought the Chelsea/Barcelona game was fantastic. Drogba's goal coming in off the cross was perfection, and Chelsea played very hard. I think the weather definitely worked in Chelsea's favor, too. Chelsea has to go to Camp Nou now, though, where there is no way they can win.

Thank you! I won't be surprised for Barca to kick Chelsea's butt 8-0 or something! Barca rules! Ugh, 1-0 loss to Chelsea...UGH!

Yes 8-0... actually when you consider Chelsea's goal conceding record this season it's actually more likely than ever.
    Last.fm | Steam ID
    (come and play Team Fortress 2 with me!)

That was a frustrating loss, though. Anyway, time for us Barca fans to shift focus on Real Madrid, our next opponents!

Awesome that Chelsea won. A victory for the football as a sport.

Chelsea had extreme luck to beat Barca, but next Tuesday, at the Camp Nou...it's gonna be a different story xD Prepare to be whopped, Chelsea! VISCAL BARCA!

I'm guessing a cheap penalty or a very cheap red card will decide to game for Barca, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Celebi_ View Post
    Chelsea had extreme luck to beat Barca, but next Tuesday, at the Camp Nou...it's gonna be a different story xD Prepare to be whopped, Chelsea! VISCAL BARCA!
    I think even in Camp Nou Barca will have it tough, Chelsea will probably not football. They will stick to their own half and counter.
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

I'm looking forward to the El Clasico final tomorrow. It's fantastic football, regardless of whether you love Barca/Real or hate them. One of the best games in the sport.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    Awesome that Chelsea won. A victory for the football as a sport.
    Very good way to put it.

Default FIFA Soccer 12 Career Mode discussion

Well, as we football fans know, FIFA 12 has a great career mode this year, and so this thread is to discuss the FIFA 12 CM. I have a CM with Burton Albion right now and I am playing in the Premier League with all of my players being from my Youth System, except for Thiago Alcantara, whom I bought from Barcelona. I've won 2 League titles, non so far are Premiership titles, 1 Europa League title and one League Cup title, and so far in my fifth season it's an awesome CM. My star striker is a 25 year old from my Youth Academy named Luis Aranda and he's rated 75, but my highest rated player is my center back Petr Lehandro, at 81. Oddly enough, Lehandro is my second choice Center Back with my star Center Back being Alessandro Lopez rated 70, but Lopez plays way better than Lehandro. I'm currently sitting 10th midway through my first season in the Premiership with Burton now being rated from a .5 star team to a 3.5 star team. I don't have a lot of money, but I'm targeting Isaac Cuenca who in my second season moved from Barca to Man United, he's rated 78 and I'll use him on the wings in place of my current right winger rated 64 who sucks. So yeah, things are going good for me so far. My lowest rated player, like Lehandro who is my highest, is from my youth system, David Ruiz, rated 60, but he plays as an awesome central defensive midfielder, so I use him instead of my 72 rated CDM named Rojo. My latest result was a 3-0 victory against Spurs where I scored one open play goal with Aranda, another from a penalty with Aranda again and benefited by an own goal from Abeydayor or whatever. So, that temporarily sends me up to 9th place a point above Arsenal! Manchester United lead the premier league table right now with Man City second, Liverpool 3rd and Chelsea 4th, those are the big 4 right now. Burton's debut in the Champions League was against Celtic too, and I won it, but they gave me a hard time. Celtic scored the opener on 15 minutes when I was marking their winger, he fed their central striker via a cross and the striker chipped my goalkeeper. It was 1-0 for most of the match, but Ruiz got a break via a Lopez cross and he put it in, 1-1. Celtic defended too godly, but on the 90th minute, Aranda showed his worth to my Burton Albion squad by putting in a well placed outside the box ball behind the net, 2-1. So, yeah, wonderful! Arsenal beat Chelsea 4-0 so I'm back at 10th >_< I have 45 squad members, 44 of which are players from my Youth System and only one of which is not, Thiago Alacantara. I am next due to face Bayer Leverkusen in the Last 16 of the Champions League and then I have a date with Manchester United at Old Trafford, oh goody.
    Last edited by Celebi_; 21st April 2012 at 4:12 AM.

Well, as SPPFers should know, there a section here called Other Video Game Discussion.

Well, in my match with Leverkusen, I had insane luck to run out 0-1 away victors from a 85th minute Aranda free kick goal! That was close, it was a real tense match, which is what makes this game so emphatic, cuz even though Leverkusen suck, they put up a big fight, and I had trouble trying to match that! I also then proceeded to get whooped 6-0 by United ( I play on World Class ) and so now I'm in 11th place 2 points behind Wolverhampton. Oh goody goody....Next, a Premiership date at home against newly promoted Sheffield Wednesdays, should be interesting. The Man United 6-0 loss including a Wayne Rooney hattrick was actually my first league loss since November where I lost 8-2 to Man City...when I faced United at home I beat them 3-0, but now I lost by times 2 that amount XD I also am facing City after my Wednesdays date at home, hoping for some revenge. I also defeated Chelsea 5-0, they played slow and sloppy in that match, but the next time I have a date with Chelsea will be at Stamford Bridge >_< Coupled with that Chelsea are 4th in the Premiership, I'm 11th. Beat Wednesdays 4-0! Next, Burton Albion VS Manchester City, sure to keep you guys updated with that encounter! The last time I played City they won 8-2, that's why this is so special to me. Match now kicks off, City push on the attack with a Benzema pass to Higuain who passes to Nasri who beats two defenders who feeds Dzeko in the box who makes a shot, but misses! Lucky on my path! The men dressed in yellow ( Burton ) are passing the ball around and feeling out City, who are chasing shadows, but putting pressure on Burton. Ruiz makes a move down the right wing feeding my left back Roberto Simeone who attempts a hearthy chip BUT nails the crossbar, dammit! WHAT a chance that was to take the lead and apply pressure to City! City regain possesion and Aguero flies down to my half, making a through ball to Benzema who nails one into the Burton Albion goal, GOOOOAAAAALLLLL Man City, Burton 0-1 Man City! Dammit!!! Passing the ball around midfield and regaining composure, with City now looking sharper than before. Trying to avoid giving the ball away and trying to disect the Man City defense, but I keep giving it away and it seems City are hungry for more, but the defense of Albion is standing like a brick wall after Benzema's eye opener goal. Okay, decent attack, my left winger Albelda takes a run down his wing, passes to Ruiz with Ruiz dribbling past a defender and lobbing over to Aranda, absolutely packed Man City penalty box, and Aranda fires! GOOOAAALLLL Burton, 1-1! Okay, Man City attacks, defense proves it's worth, I pass the ball around rinse and repeat. Now, on the 72nd minute, Higuain , whilst pushing up, stupidly gives the ball away to Albelda who crosses over to Aranda that only has one defender to beat, he beats him and slides it into the net, GOOOOAAAAAALLLLLL Burton 2-1 Man City! So yeah, 3 points of Man City and revenge exacted from the 8-2 loss to City ealier! Now temporarily 1 point above Wolves in 10th. Wolves lost their match against Chelsea 2-0, so I am now in 10th, with an upcoming match against Liverpool at Anfield. I won that match 1-0, so yeah, pretty secured in 10th right now. Champions League second leg against Leverkusen coming up! I'm looking to sharpen up my squad by selling two of my four goalkeepers and some other lower rated crap outfield players and bring in some fresh faces, the Dutch striker Robben is old but still plays good for Madrid ( who bought him ) Isaac Cuenca the star man Manchester United winger, Cristian Tello who is still stuck at Barca as a sub, Gerard Pique who plays for Bayern Munich, Javi Martinez who plays for Valencia and Sergio Aguero who also plays for Real Madrid. All of these players have been outstanding for the clubs they play for, Robben especially who scored 28 goals in his debut season at Madrid and was highest goalscorer in La Liga for that season, and currently in this season he's scored 15 goals so far ( in February ) but finances stop me from grabbing any of these players. I'll be doing a major upgrade project for this team in the summer so we can have a hope of winning the Premiership next season, which would be the first Premiership title. Aguero wasn't particularly cool for Madrid in his debut season there, but was astounding for City in my very first season and scored 21 goals in 30 matches for his club. However, this season, Aguero now playing for Madrid, with Robben a bit more slightly subdued, Aguero shines, with 22 goals already. Interesting prospects...Cuenca did not score any goals for Barcelona but after joining United he scores more goals than Wayne Rooney after 3 seasons, all 3 in which he scored more than Rooney: First season at United, Rooney scored 7, Cuenca 10, second season, Rooney 15, Cuenca 16 and this season so far Rooney has 20 whilst Cuenca is also on 20, 40 goals between only 2 players, wow. So yeah, Cuenca didn't impress at first but it seems as if a Man United move was right for him. This season is also the best season for Manchester United, I mean, mid season and between 2 players alone, Rooney and Cuenca, they've scored 40 league goals! By far a lot more than in previous seasons, also by mid season in the last 2 seasons United were floating around 3rd or 4th, Arsenal ( 9th ) are actually defending champions right now. Their biggest wins this season has been 8-0 Blackburn Rovers and 6-0 Burton Albion, whilst their biggest win last season was 4-0 Chelsea, so they've drastically improved. The Magpies Newcastle United are Manchester United's opposite, they have drastically dropped a notch from last season. Last season Newcastle had scored 30 goals and were only defeated 3 times at home, and finished 10th, but this time they're currently in 20th place scoring only 5 goals so far and are 7 points adrift of 19th placed Swansea City plus they've lost 15 home games and 5 away games, so they look like mighty contenders for Relegation right now. My Burton Albion side last season had scored 15 goals in the league, lost 6 home games, lost 10 away games and finished 15th, whilst this season so far they've scored 17 goals in the league, lost 4 home games, lost 7 away games and are in 10th right now, with 5 new youth players being signed to the first team over the pre-season, but non of the five had impressed so far and sit mostly in the reserves with 7 players being rated between 56-70 being sold to other clubs.
    Last edited by Celebi_; 21st April 2012 at 5:47 AM.

I had a really awesome Career Mode going on with Arsenal. Had bought a few players, but all in all developed a few nice youngsters and had a very nice team. Then the CM decided to **** it up, now I can't load it anymore without the game crashing, sadly that's a bug that has been around for the last couple of games.

I had a Barcelona ( GO BARCA! ) CM and the same thing happened, but when I started over, I decided to not go with Barca again and go with a crap team and make them good. Barca's the team I support irl, but I said it'd get too boring winning every match I'm approaching the end of the season and I got knocked out of the Champions League by Barcelona in the semi finals, who will face Bayern Munich in the finals. So, the CL was my only hope of silverwear this season seeing as I've been knocked out of everything else and am 9th 3 points ahead of 10th placed Arsenal in the league My project plan is that I'll sell Lehandro and a couple of other home bred players ( about 20 ) so that I can accumulate the finances needed to acquire some of those players I mentioned in the aforementioned post. How does that sound? #1 on my list is Arjen Robben though. Well, the project worked so awesome and I heaped in $400,000 from the players I sold in total, and I was able to buy Arjen Robben, Cuenca and Javi Martinez to bring some hope to Burton Albion's title hopes for the upcoming season, and I finished 9th also, 3 points ahead of 10th placed Arsenal, with the Big 4 being United, Chelsea, City and Liverpool in that order. I won my first league match 4-0 versus Liverpool, mind=blown. Liverpool weren't playing awesome, but Robben, in his debut season for Burton, scored a hattrick, one from a penalty, and Cuenca scored a nice bicycle kicked volley. Nice. 3 points from the first match, never happened before ^_^
    Also, the last season was my least successful season in terms of silverwear, with my Burton Albion side gaining no silverwear at all. The best Albion has done was winning a treble of titles including the npower League 2 title in the first season. 0 titles is the worst. This needs to be the season we my Burton Albion side can beat their personal best and get at least 4 titles. My second league match was against Shefield United whom Martinez scored his first goal for Burton Albion in a 2-1 victory with Aranda who now plays on the wing scoring the other goal. Next, League Cup match versus Chelsea where Burton were man handled 3-0 by The Blues. Ya, no way back especially since the second leg is at Stamford Bridge. Beat Manchester United, defending champions this season, 1-0 with a singular strike from Arjen Robben on the 3rd minute to score his 4th goal for Burton Albion and to give us 3 points against an unidentified Manchester United Red Devils outfit. Chelsea and Arsenal seems to be the only other contenders together with Burton for the Premiership title this season, with Man. United scoring only 3 goals in 3 matches. Next was versus Swindon Town where Robben struck his fifth strike for Burton Albion and Martinez scoring his second and third goals in a Burton outfit in a 3-0 victory, 9/9 points, however, the League Cup looks doubtful since I lost 3-0 against Chelsea and it looks very in doubt to beat Chelsea 4-0 with this half-heartened 4 star club at Stamford Bridge. I beat Blackburn Rovers 5-0 with a another hattrick from Arjen Robben, 9 Burton Albion strikes for him now, and a brace from Cuenca where shortly after I was handed my first defeat by Spurs 1-0. Still at the top of the league table though.
    Last edited by Celebi_; 21st April 2012 at 11:27 PM.

I'm expecting a close game in the second leg with Chelsea and Barcelona. I do expect some dodgy referee decisions and lots of rolling around by the Barcelona players.

Another victory for soccer as a sport tonight.

That's it. We lost 2-1....that's the title right there. I must say, though, I don't know what went on with Barca this season, but that's it, we're losing against Chelsea too. No excuses, Barca played like crap.

Very entertaining game. Funny how losing two games is now a crisis for Barcelona, trust everyone else guys, you could be a whole lot worse! (Also Barcelona have already won three trophies this season!) And for what it's worth I still think Barcelona play the best football that I know of, but it's nice for Madrid's turn to finally come round, assuming they hold on of course.

I kind of hope they beat Chelsea though, only for Arsenal's sake. If the Gooners finish fourth and Chelsea win the CL, then Arsenal lose their place! That would make me rather sad =(

Also if Newcastle finish fourth and Chelsea win the CL then they'd miss out, and that would be devastating for them.

Of course if the darned Spurs finish fourth then Chelsea can go ahead and win it for all I care! =D

It's all very tense! But what probably went under the radar was that Borussia Dortmund retained the Bundesliga today, so hats off to them!

Well, since we lost the League ( 7 point gap at the summit of La Liga now ) we'll be full focus on the CL now, hopefully we can win it so everyone knows we still are the best!

My career mode team is as follows:
    Lloris
    Jones Vidic Hummels Criscito
    Javi Martinez Wilshere
    Gotze
    Hazard My VP Bale

Let's all pray to the football-gods that Chelsea goes through in CL.

It's not all over for butthurt Barca fans, you can still win the Champions League. But Chelsea has all the momentum, and really the only thing going Barca's way is they get to play Chelsea at home in the next leg.
    Also, if you get really, really, really lucky, Barca still has a shot at winning La Liga. But probably not.

Anyway, I'm so happy Madrid won. I'm not a big Madrid fan, but beating Barca makes them ok in my book. And damn, Ronaldo is good. What a player. Suck it, Messi.
    Here's hoping Chelsea can pull of an upset and advance in the CL.

Here's hoping Bayern Munich can tie the strings up and finish it on Wednesday and knock Madrid out of it. However, if we meet Madrid in the CL finals, the Champions League trophy is safely back at Camp Nou 100% sure ^_^ Madrid stand no chance whatsoever of beating Barca again, especially not in the CL finals. Suck it up Madrid fans, the next time El Casico is on, Barca'll win, but you guys have your moment of joy for now, next season the La Liga title is back at Camp Nou. BTW, Sami Khedira's scrappy goal was clearly offside You gotta admit it. So, you can't say the referees are on our side now, huh? Shi t. Forca Barca! Luck just wasn't with us this season.
    Last edited by Celebi_; 22nd April 2012 at 4:04 AM.

Page 18 of 266 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868118 ... LastLast