Page 19 of 266 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969119 ... LastLast

Thread: Soccer Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Celebi_ View Post
    BTW, Sami Khedira's scrappy goal was clearly offside You gotta admit it. So, you can't say the referees are on our side now, huh? Shi t. Forca Barca! Luck just wasn't with us this season.
    http://s4.as.com/prom/201204/pro_photo1335044155.jpg Hmm no. Not this time. Real countered Barcelona perfectly, the defense closed almost all pass lines and Xabi Alonso was enormous at preventing Xavi from being influent. Of course it was easier with Tello playing sh*t the whole match and not being substituted, and Mascherano is a weak player not worthy of playing on Barcelona. Puyol's age is also starting to become evident, also.

Now to gather up the strength to cheer for my Sporting CP on the Europa League. It's gonna be hard in Bilbao, but we proved in the first hand we're a better team than them and we can reach the final.

What's that? What'sthatwhat'sthatwhat'sthatwhat'sthatwhat'sthat what'sthatwhat'sthat?

AS: Sceptile, Sableye, Flygon (?), Relicanth, Muk, Girafarig

I agree, it was our team selection that made us lost.

Go go Chelsea tonight!

Prediction: Barcelona - Chelsea 3-1
    gg.

Now this game will be interesting. Considering Barca's form, anything could happen in all honesty. I'm still heavily favouriting them nevertheless. No Drogba? No point in trying to win.

Prediction. Barca to win 2-0 with Fabregas being man of the match
    Credit to Pika Pal Lyra

First half: UEFA and the referee are doing their best to guide Barca to the final, great that Chelsea scored, but I don't think it will be enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    First half: UEFA and the referee are doing their best to guide Barca to the final, great that Chelsea scored, but I don't think it will be enough.
    They tied 2-2 bye bye Barca. We won't miss you, finaly a not spanish club in the finale please?
    Last edited by 7 tyranitars; 24th April 2012 at 10:48 PM.
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

That was simple one of the best defensive, back to the walls displays I have seen in a very long time. I'm so glad an English team made it to the Final

CHELSEA!
    To quote Xavi: "This was a victory for football".

This game with Chelsea and the game before with Real exposed Barça's main weakness: trouble against well organized defenses and counterattacks. Chelsea did the same as Real did, defended very well, all players focused and closed almost every pass line available. Ball possession means nothing when you can't do anything with it. And whilst Barça plays with all the team near the opponent's goal, they become very susceptible to counterattacks. And thus Barça lost both games. Barça's playing style is indeed fascinating and deadly, but it's far from perfect, and it has been proved in these two games. A fully deserved victory for Chelsea.

What's that? What'sthatwhat'sthatwhat'sthatwhat'sthatwhat'sthat what'sthatwhat'sthat?

Quote Originally Posted by Lasien View Post
    That was simple one of the best defensive, back to the walls displays I have seen in a very long time. I'm so glad an English team made it to the Final
    Now let's hope the finale will be Bayern - Chelsea that would be nice.

Hoping that Real can step it up a notch and avenge us ( Barca ) by crushing Chelsea.

Quote Originally Posted by 7 tyranitars View Post
    Now let's hope the finale will be Bayern - Chelsea that would be nice.
    Personally I would rather see Madrid make it. I think it would be a more offensive and interesting game, which is always good. That's not to say Bayern doesn't have good offensive players, Mario Gomez, Robben, Schweinsteiger, and Frank Ribery are all great. But Madrid's offense, especially Ronaldo, who is just on fire this year, is (in theory) better, and besides, I want to see if Chelsea's incredible and highly coordinated defense can withstand Madrid.
    If Bayern make it, I'll be happy, too. I like them better.

Let it be known, Chelsea's just lucky Messi missed that stupid penalty, otherwise we'd have just kept the ball and Torres would have never scored, making me an extremely happy girl right now, but Leo blew it...

Can't win 'em all! Well chuffed for Chelsea. Though should they now win the Champions League Arsenal will need to finish third :/

Hope Bayern do over Madrid, keep the English coefficient higher!

This comment I read on another forum explains my idea:

"I'm surprised so many people think the defense is the problem. I'd say it has more to do with Barça doing away with a successful system to accommodate people like Fabregas, and having absolutely no plan B when a team inevitably finds a way to negate their style. Football is fluid. If Barcelona want to keep patting their backs because of how beautiful their football is instead of evolving then they'll simply get left behind."

I don't want Madrid to win the CL, so ya, I hope Bayern best them at the Bernabeau and proceed to rip up Chelsea and win the CL!

Uugh, Barcelona, what were you even doing last night?! The only time I actually wanted you to win, you fail and even let Torres score. My nightmares are coming true.
    Oh well, let's hope for either Real or Bayern to trash them in the finals then.

Did anyone else get the feeling that yesterday was karma-payback for Barca? After the games 3 years ago against Chelsea.

Quote Originally Posted by Celebi_ View Post
    Let it be known, Chelsea's just lucky Messi missed that stupid penalty, otherwise we'd have just kept the ball and Torres would have never scored, making me an extremely happy girl right now, but Leo blew it...
    Barca should be lucky they even got that penatly.. As he didn't even hit him.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    Did anyone else get the feeling that yesterday was karma-payback for Barca? After the games 3 years ago against Chelsea. :p
    I felt it was more like Karma-payback for the horrible attitude Barcelona players have in general, they feel entitled to be protected/favoured by referees every game, which I really cant's stand [quick aside, if you look closely, they always seem to benefit from referee mistakes, what with that van persie red card, last nights penalty, that ridicolous game against chelsea 3 years ago and many more.. I'd bring up the "Platini/UEFA wants barca to advance because their football attracts casual fans" conspiracy theory, but I don't care that much about it]. Or maybe I'm still bitter about how they won against us with a really stupid and wrong penalty (the 2nd, on the corner kick). You'd think I would've gotten over that game by now :(

Either way, I don't care one single bit about Chelsea, but I found myself rooting for them so hard last night! So glad they won, fully deserved imo. Real's gonna win the trophy though, either way.
    Last edited by Fenix; 25th April 2012 at 11:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    I felt it was more like Karma-payback for the horrible attitude Barcelona players have in general, they feel entitled to be protected/favoured by referees every game, which I really cant's stand [quick aside, if you look closely, they always seem to benefit from referee mistakes, what with that van persie red card, last nights penalty, that ridicolous game against chelsea 3 years ago and many more.. I'd bring up the "Platini/UEFA wants barca to advance because their football attracts casual fans" conspiracy theory, but I don't care that much about it]. Or maybe I'm still bitter about how they won against us with a really stupid and wrong penalty (the 2nd, on the corner kick). You'd think I would've gotten over that game by now

Either way, I don't care one single bit about Chelsea, but I found myself rooting for them so hard last night! So glad they won, fully deserved imo. Real's gonna win the trophy though, either way.
    Nah Bayern is gonna kick them out and we will finaly have no spanish team in the finals!

Come on Chealsea, win it for all of England. About 50 mins for kick of.

I predict madrid will win 2-0
    Credit to Pika Pal Lyra

Quote Originally Posted by abrar14 View Post
    Come on Chealsea, win it for all of England. About 50 mins for kick of.
    ERrrrr Chelsea played yesterday and won 2-1. You should be better informed, and actually read the last few posts at least.
    Last.fm | Steam ID
    Nostalgia

Page 19 of 266 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969119 ... LastLast