Page 190 of 266 FirstFirst ... 90140180186187188189190191192193194200240 ... LastLast
Results 4,726 to 4,750 of 6645

Thread: Soccer Thread

  1. #4726
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    623

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightGengar View Post
    Sorry, my mistake, our midfield is Xavi---Busquets---Fabregas

    0-0 at half time.
    Is the game any good? and what time looks more likely to win?

  2. #4727
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Trinidad & Tobago
    Posts
    387

    Default

    Well, coming down to the last 5 minutes Atletico had some chances, but other than that Barcelona have been playing well so far. For me it's 55-45 really, in favour of Barcelona.

    EDIT: Barcelona, Campeón Supercopa 2013 on away goals after a 1-1 draw in Madrid and 0-0 in Barcelona, Filipe Luis seeing red, Arda Turan seeing red from the bench, and Lionel Messi missing a late penalty...


    OH, and here's the group stage draw:

    Last edited by MidnightGengar; 29th August 2013 at 1:26 AM.

  3. #4728
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    on hiatus
    Posts
    964

    Default

    Yeah I've seen the pot for CL. PSG is on the pot 2, while City is on the pot 3. There's should be a group of hell. The drawing is tonight, isn't it? I hope Arsenal get the easy one.
    ♠ ♣ ♦ ♥

  4. #4729
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    623

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheSuperZekrom View Post
    Yeah I've seen the pot for CL. PSG is on the pot 2, while City is on the pot 3. There's should be a group of hell. The drawing is tonight, isn't it? I hope Arsenal get the easy one.
    I think 4:45 on Thursday. There could be a good chance one group could have Barcelona, PSG, Man City and Napilo in it. Now that there is a group of death. Arsenal could still get both PSG and Napilo in a group. One thing is for certain there will be some great games and groups for the Champions League. As long as Arsenal top their group we could be in the group of death for all I care. Getting big wins over top teams will really boost the players confidence.

  5. #4730
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Trinidad & Tobago
    Posts
    387

    Default

    Yup, tonight ( well, yeah, technically, cuz it's 1:20 AM ).

    That was a pretty chaotic Supercup final though, Atletico with 2 reds ( Arda Turan getting a red from the bench XD ) and Messi missing a penalty. Serious action. The game itself wasn't of the highest quality though.

  6. #4731
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    623

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightGengar View Post

    That was a pretty chaotic Supercup final though, Atletico with 2 reds ( Arda Turan getting a red from the bench XD ) and Messi missing a penalty. Serious action. The game itself wasn't of the highest quality though.
    I heard it wasn't a good game though Atletico were meant to of taken it to Barcelona. It finally looks like there is a third challenger to be called Spain's best club.

  7. #4732
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Trinidad & Tobago
    Posts
    387

    Default

    Atletico played some smashing stuff, and yes, I do predict La Liga to turn into a 3-horse race now. It is absolutely amazing what Simeone has done with this Atleti team...

    Not really. Atletico only had one good chance in the second leg, which Victor Valdes saved, and in the end it was Barcelona who had the clearest chance of the entire tie, but Lionel Messi effed it up from 12 yards out, coincidentally against a Chelsea 'keeper XD

  8. #4733
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Sierra Leone
    Posts
    682

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightGengar View Post
    Yup, tonight ( well, yeah, technically, cuz it's 1:20 AM ).

    That was a pretty chaotic Supercup final though, Atletico with 2 reds ( Arda Turan getting a red from the bench XD ) and Messi missing a penalty. Serious action. The game itself wasn't of the highest quality though.
    How did Turan get a red from the bench xD

    Messi missed a penalty, oh no.

  9. #4734
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Trinidad & Tobago
    Posts
    387

    Default

    I have no idea actually, it was something really dumb though, I think he made a gun sign with his hand and pointed it to the referee or some nonesense like that xD

    It's the Chelsea 'keeper curse lol xD

  10. #4735
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    on hiatus
    Posts
    964

    Default

    Anyway fun fact, Messi never score against Chelsea, Heskey has scored against Chesea. Therefore, Heskey > Messi. Jk.

    yay 999th post.
    ♠ ♣ ♦ ♥

  11. #4736
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Sierra Leone
    Posts
    682

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheSuperZekrom View Post
    Anyway fun fact, Messi never score against Chelsea, Heskey has scored against Chesea. Therefore, Heskey > Messi. Jk.

    yay 999th post.
    Congrats!

    & are you serious? That is ridiculous, and just straight stupid on his part too lmfao. Something I see a child doing.

  12. #4737
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    on hiatus
    Posts
    964

    Default

    Anyway, Mail says Mathieu Flamini will rejoin Arsenal for a free transfer. He wanted Ł75k on his wage which is a big number for a player like him. And then, Podolski got serious injury and will be out for 10 weeks which is bad for us...
    ♠ ♣ ♦ ♥

  13. #4738
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Sierra Leone
    Posts
    682

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheSuperZekrom View Post
    Anyway, Mail says Mathieu Flamini will rejoin Arsenal for a free transfer. He wanted Ł75k on his wage which is a big number for a player like him. And then, Podolski got serious injury and will be out for 10 weeks which is bad for us...
    That is a bit excessive. I think he expected a lot coming to Prem League team.

    You guys have no luck with I juries is seasons.

  14. #4739
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    623

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dahrue View Post
    That is a bit excessive. I think he expected a lot coming to Prem League team.

    You guys have no luck with I juries is seasons.
    It is meant to be he is on a Ł40,000 a week deal for three years. At least it's a signing just not the one everyone was wishing for.

    I know we are cursed with injuries. When we won things we hardly get them now we get them all the time and can't win anything.

  15. #4740
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Sierra Leone
    Posts
    682

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmareisalive View Post
    It is meant to be he is on a Ł40,000 a week deal for three years. At least it's a signing just not the one everyone was wishing for.

    I know we are cursed with injuries. When we won things we hardly get them now we get them all the time and can't win anything.
    At least it's signing and a decent one considering so many people are injured. It seems like all your injuries happen at the same time too. Or in a close period of time.

  16. #4741
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    623

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dahrue View Post
    At least it's signing and a decent one considering so many people are injured. It seems like all your injuries happen at the same time too. Or in a close period of time.
    That's true thinking of all the talented players we have had over the last couple of years its depressing thinking what could of been if they all stayed fit. RVP, Fabergas, Walcott, Nasri and Song all rarely played together at the same time due to one or two having injury but in the games that they did Arsenal had a very high win rate. That midfield and attacking power along with the defense that finished last season would of made an unbelievable team. Awh well can't win them all. It strange though players that leave Arsenal most of them had a bad injury record but once playing for other clubs they usually stay fit. Makes you wonder what is going on with the medical team at Arsenal or if there is another cause for the large number of injuries.

    The European Supercup is tomorrow Chelsea VS Bayern Munich. Mourinho vs Pep. Now that is a game to watch.

  17. #4742
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Sierra Leone
    Posts
    682

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmareisalive View Post
    That's true thinking of all the talented players we have had over the last couple of years its depressing thinking what could of been if they all stayed fit. RVP, Fabergas, Walcott, Nasri and Song all rarely played together at the same time due to one or two having injury but in the games that they did Arsenal had a very high win rate. That midfield and attacking power along with the defense that finished last season would of made an unbelievable team. Awh well can't win them all. It strange though players that leave Arsenal most of them had a bad injury record but once playing for other clubs they usually stay fit. Makes you wonder what is going on with the medical team at Arsenal or if there is another cause for the large number of injuries.

    The European Supercup is tomorrow Chelsea VS Bayern Munich. Mourinho vs Pep. Now that is a game to watch.
    Could just be bad luck. As professional team I'd imagine they focus on fitness, staying healthy and more importantly a lot of stretching. It's very important to stretch especially before game (ESPECIALLY at that professional level).

    Hopefully, I can catch this one. Hopefully it's later game and I get it on my television.

    Spurs look to sign Man U's Chicharito. Apparently, they are coming into a lot of money ;D

  18. #4743
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    on hiatus
    Posts
    964

    Default

    We have signed someone. Yay! I'm so happy with the club. You disappointed me my beloved Arsenal... Good luck to him.

    http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-arc...ejoins-arsenal

    EDIT: imma go cry.
    Last edited by Rezzuréct; 29th August 2013 at 3:50 PM.
    ♠ ♣ ♦ ♥

  19. #4744
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    623

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dahrue View Post

    Spurs look to sign Man U's Chicharito. Apparently, they are coming into a lot of money ;D
    Now that would be a signing. I don't understand why he doesn't start more for United. He has a great goal scoring record for them. He scored 1 goal in every 2 games he played for United last season and is a serious threat going forward. Him and RVP with Rooney behind them would cause so many problems for any one team. I don't think Man united will sell though. Madrid were meant to of been interested in him a season or two ago and United wouldn't budge. If he's for sell Arsenal should make a bid he would be the type of striker we need.

  20. #4745
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Sierra Leone
    Posts
    682

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheSuperZekrom View Post
    We have signed someone. Yay! I'm so happy with the club. You disappointed me my beloved Arsenal... Good luck to him.

    http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-arc...ejoins-arsenal

    EDIT: imma go cry.
    At least you have an extra player now. Half the squad is dead xD


    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmareisalive View Post
    Now that would be a signing. I don't understand why he doesn't start more for United. He has a great goal scoring record for them. He scored 1 goal in every 2 games he played for United last season and is a serious threat going forward. Him and RVP with Rooney behind them would cause so many problems for any one team. I don't think Man united will sell though. Madrid were meant to of been interested in him a season or two ago and United wouldn't budge. If he's for sell Arsenal should make a bid he would be the type of striker we need.
    He's way better than Welbeck, as well xD He's fast and an extremely dangerous player. Spurs have money now, so it is not impossible now.

  21. #4746
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    on hiatus
    Posts
    964

    Default

    Arsenal, Dortmund, Marseille, Napoli in one group. Should be fun. Hello there Higuain...
    ♠ ♣ ♦ ♥

  22. #4747
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Trinidad & Tobago
    Posts
    387

    Default

    Some interesting Champions League groups...Barcelona got Ajax, Celtic and Milan :O That's going to be tough alright -_- Bayern got City in their group, Arsenal got BVB and Napoli, Man United got Sociedad, Real Madrid got Juve...

  23. #4748
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    on hiatus
    Posts
    964

    Default

    Madrid, Juve, Gala and Kobenhavn in one group. There's should be a decent match.
    ♠ ♣ ♦ ♥

  24. #4749
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Sierra Leone
    Posts
    682

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheSuperZekrom View Post
    Madrid, Juve, Gala and Kobenhavn in one group. There's should be a decent match.
    If Juve decides to play good. They can easily compete with every team in this group and possibly win out. But, personally, I feel they haven't been playing to their full potential.

  25. #4750
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Trinidad & Tobago
    Posts
    387

    Default

    Best player in Europe 2012-13: Franck Ribery

    I was literally gasping for air in excitement Call me stupid, because it's just the UEFA Best player award ^_^ Well, next time Leo Congrats to Ribery though, he deserves it.

Page 190 of 266 FirstFirst ... 90140180186187188189190191192193194200240 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •