Page 215 of 266 FirstFirst ... 115165205211212213214215216217218219225265 ... LastLast
Results 5,351 to 5,375 of 6645

Thread: Soccer Thread

Me thinks Juventus is rigging again. Poor Trabzonspor got their 1-1 stolen away; and don't tell me that it could happen to anyone because it seems to always be in the favour of the same teams of the same countries.

Number of Genwunners = 100
    Number of people accused of being a Genwunner = 100 000 000 000 000 000
    Number of people complaning about Genwunners = 100 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000

Another ex portuguese icon passed away. Mario Coluna.

2014, what the hell

This is soooooooooo deaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad

Barca lost, looking more like a Madrid VS Madrid title fight.
    City got beaten by Wigan, what do you say.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSirPeras View Post
    This is soooooooooo deaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad

Barca lost, looking more like a Madrid VS Madrid title fight.
    City got beaten by Wigan, what do you say.
    As much as I dislike Man City, I would like them to beat Barca.
    Arsenal to beat Bayern, they've been so boring since pep took over, and if Arsenal win a trophy they might shut up about 9 years (as if that's a long time to wait, 41 years here, and that's not even bad)
    Chelski to win too, because all English teams to be eliminated would be bat for the EPL
    And Man Utd to lose, always Man Utd to lose :P
    Like to see Atletico to do well since they have the almighty red and white colour scheme (Sunderland supporter here)
    Not a fan of PSG so the sooner they're gone the better
    Leverkusen to do a miracle and turn around the deficit

For Trade (IV bred)
    FroakieGoomyFerroseedSquirtleCharmander
    TorchicEevee

FC : 4742-6515-3239 IGN: None of yo bizniz

Quote Originally Posted by bailey.ga View Post
    As much as I dislike Man City, I would like them to beat Barca.
    Arsenal to beat Bayern, they've been so boring since pep took over, and if Arsenal win a trophy they might shut up about 9 years (as if that's a long time to wait, 41 years here, and that's not even bad)
    Chelski to win too, because all English teams to be eliminated would be bat for the EPL
    And Man Utd to lose, always Man Utd to lose :P
    Like to see Atletico to do well since they have the almighty red and white colour scheme (Sunderland supporter here)
    Not a fan of PSG so the sooner they're gone the better
    Leverkusen to do a miracle and turn around the deficit
    Really hope City wins too (I don't support any english team, I just like seeing them play cuz they all play well)
    Man U losing would be jokes, chelsea should win (mourinho fan here haha)

Who do you follow?, If you're looking for an English team to support then I'd recommend the almighty SAFC, Not the richest club in the world, but tons of history (and if you're American, we have Altidore)

For Trade (IV bred)
    TorchicEevee

Who do you follow?, If you're looking for an English team to support then I'd recommend the almighty SAFC, Not the richest club in the world, but tons of history (and if you're American, we have Altidore)
    I support Benfica (portuguese team, and I'm also Portuguese haha), but I enjoy watching other great teams play, like Chelsea, Liverpool and City (I watch the bpl a lot too, apart from the portuguese league). Hoping we'll beat spurs for europa league, though nobody really cares about that competition haha

Quote Originally Posted by TheSirPeras View Post
    I support Benfica (portuguese team, and I'm also Portuguese haha), but I enjoy watching other great teams play, like Chelsea, Liverpool and City (I watch the bpl a lot too, apart from the portuguese league). Hoping we'll beat spurs for europa league, though nobody really cares about that competition haha
    Never really followed the Purtuguese league I'm sorry to admit, I watch some German football, and a little Spanish (though only the big games, that league is way to slow), and I don't think we get it on any channels here.

And I'm afraid I have to support Spurs for the Europa League, they're the only English team standing any chance of doing well in Europe (and if they win the competition then there's less chance of Man Utd qualifying for a European competition, and their failure brings me joy :P)

For Trade (IV bred)
    TorchicEevee

Hoping Arsenal pulls off a miracle and beats Bayern Munich in the Champs League Round of 16.
    "We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven. That which we are, we are. One equal temper of heroic hearts. Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
    Thank you FairyWitch for the banner!

Went to Barnsley versus Nottingham Forest last Saturday, taking my Football League ground total up to 33/92. Definitely the best atmosphere so far this season too. Hopefully by the end of two seasons' time I'll be halfway there!

Might as well get some European predictions in, because why not:

Atletico Madrid 1-1 Milan
    Bayern Munich 1-0 Arsenal
    Barcelona 0-1 Manchester City
    Paris Saint-Germain 2-1 Bayer Leverkusen

AZ 0-0 Anzhi Makhachkala (definitely did not spell that name on memory)
    Ludogorets Razgrad 0-1 Valencia
    Porto 2-2 Napoli
    Lyon 1-1 Viktoria Plzen
    Sevilla 3-1 Real Betis
    Tottenham Hotspur 1-1 Benfica
    Basel 1-0 Red Bull Salzburg
    Juventus 4-2 Fiorentina

I'm fighting sleep watching this Bayern Munich team play

For Trade (IV bred)
    TorchicEevee

Has anyone here heard of Reddit FC?
    My 3DS FC is 2964-8767-0282 PM me if you add me!

Visit Me and Chapter of Charizards gaming blog. Fans are always appreciated and welcomed. Feel free to comment!

Okay, so this thread is officially dead.. -.-

Nobody has talked about Atletico/Chelsea OR Real/Bayern... Nor about the BCL-upset with City/Liverpool.. Or even about whatever competition nearing their close!

Guess I'm the only one..

With the Spanish Champions League finale, I'm really torn.. I like Atletico better, but sometimes it's good to give in to the smugness that is BBC Madrid so they can have their Décima and shut up for once..
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

real madrid vs atletico madrid may 24 uefa champions league final - the game would be played on the staduim of benfica fc

um is this the atletico madrid's first final appearance?

both are spanish teams but maybe i'll go with real madrid

2014- 2015 uefa champions league contenders are also starting to be picked, liverpool and manchester city are automatic qualified ( ow these two again)

chelsea and arsenal still has to decide a third spot, ugh i like both teams.

Have to admit I'll be supporting Atletico in the final. I've always found the way Real operates, with transfers etc, to be rather classless (see how they unsettled Bale, and how they're trying the same with Suarez).

I'd love to see them win the La Liga too, as well as Liverpool win the EPL (though that's almost a gone).

For Trade (IV bred)
    TorchicEevee

Atletico deserve to win for simeone, play great football and work as a team, no real superstars just a real team working hard.

In other news, Joe Garner scored this in football league playoffs today...

Quote Originally Posted by Teebu View Post
    In other news, Joe Garner scored this in football league playoffs today...
    TEKKERS.

Actually it might be a good topic to talk about with the end of the season to stop this thread dying another death. Goal of the year.

There are 3 outstanding Goals for me. Ronaldo's heel and Rooney's shot from halways are up there.

But for me Shelvey's screamer has to be the GOTY

There has to be an honourable mention from me to for Defender John Egan, on loan at Southend

For Trade (IV bred)
    TorchicEevee

WOOHOOO! Premier league is finally over

Urgh... i hate that Shelvey goal! xD

for me it's this , quite easily too!

Quote Originally Posted by Teebu View Post
    WOOHOOO! Premier league is finally over

Urgh... i hate that Shelvey goal! xD

for me it's this , quite easily too!
    I completely forgot about that goal.

I also forgot about this bit of class

For Trade (IV bred)
    TorchicEevee

Awesome I was thinking for a while that this thread was dead :P

Good to see City win the league than Liverpool. The way some pool fans have been acting like they won the league weeks ago it good to see them taken down a peg.

If Steven Gerrard never wins the league I'll be happy as he's one person that I really dislike and hopes he never wins it
    Never try and argue with idiots, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

I wanted Liverpool to win it because they seem to me at least to be proper fans. They lined the streets to greet their team, sang songs, waved flags etc. Look at Steven Gerrard, he's spent his entire career at Liverpool and genuinely loved the club, he could have left countless times throughout his career and won twice as much. And look at the alternatives for the title over the past few years. (I'm not a Liverpool fan btw)

I may as well put Arsenal and Tottenham together because they're essentially the same, never happy, always want a new manager and think they deserve to be much higher than they are. Arsenal are worse, how a group of supporters can call what they're going through a baron spell when they've consistently been a top 4 team, no financial worries and a group of players that can actually play, because they've went 8 or so years without a trophy. Look at Leeds if you want to see a fall from grace.

Man Utd are a marketing machine not a football club, I've took great pleasure in seeing them lose to so called 'smaller teams' this season. I live in a football league town, and here, it's more popular than the local club, which is a sad state of affairs. (North East of England so not even near Manchester)

To be honest I never used to have a problem with Chelsea (though they are similar to the other London clubs mentioned), I only started disliking them when I was in school and one day somebody decided they were a Chelsea supporter (as they won the league).

The same can be said about Man City, last season I didn't mind watching them, it wasn't until the Capital One Cup final that I started to dislike them so much (they were against the team I support, Sunderland btw if you're interested). I looked at the team and not one English player was starting for Man City. A cup final at Wembley, during a World Cup season and not a single English player started, I haven't wanted to them to win since.

Also there's a former Sunderland academy player, and last season's Player of the year playing for them.... and I want standards to be too high for Borini to get a game so he'll come back to Sunderland permanently.

Phew... rant over lol, I fully expect hate for this

For Trade (IV bred)
    TorchicEevee

I completely forgot about that goal.

I also forgot about this bit of class
    yeah that was a lovely goal, really fluid.

This ain't bad either

Ok so I'm just gonna throw this question out there because I'm pretty stupid when it comes to soccer...

So I've been trying to get into soccer a bit because the World Cup is coming up and I want to know what I'm talking about whenever I'm watching a match with my friends.

Ever since I was a kid I've always rooted for Brasil because of Ronaldo and Ronaldinho, I always heard good things about them so I just rooted for the team they were in. So since the WC is coming up I decided to look up the roster and I was surprised to see that they were all fresh faces(as in, they weren't in the last WC roster 4 years ago). Now I'm obviously no expert, and to be honest, I'm completely ignorant when it comes to soccer, but in other sports like Basketball or Archery(had to use that one as an example because I'm an international archer and this has happened to my team in Archery World Cups and Championships) experience in big events is somewhat necessary and it brings more options to the table. So my question is, why was Kaká, Robinho and Pato, left out of the roster? If I'm not mistaken, those 3 played really well in the last WC and their experience could/should be an advantage, right? I know Ronaldinho had hopes of probably playing on one last WC, but I can understand why he got left out. Kaká, Pato and Robinho though... Can someone explain that to me?
    Last edited by PoKe_aRcHeR2010; 14th May 2014 at 11:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PoKe_aRcHeR2010 View Post
    So my question is, why was Kaká, Robinho and Pato, left out of the roster? If I'm not mistaken, those 3 played really well in the last WC and their experience could/should be an advantage, right? I know Ronaldinho had hopes of probably playing on one last WC, but I can understand why he got left out. Kaká, Pato and Robinho though... Can someone explain that to me?
    Coaches select players mostly based on their perfomances in their club this season, not the last World Cup. All of those players have not had stellar seasons. Kaká ruined himself by going to Real Madrid, and even though he was decent this season for Milan, he is way worse than his form in the last world cup (which was not even him at his best). Robinho has just been having average seasons, he spent more time on the bench this season that he did play... I know because I am a Milan fan. Or used to be really, don't follow much football anymore since I changed timezones.

Page 215 of 266 FirstFirst ... 115165205211212213214215216217218219225265 ... LastLast