Page 25 of 266 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575125 ... LastLast

Thread: Soccer Thread

Shoot the premier league title is going down to the wire. It'll be awkward if Man City lose though as the vast majority f people think they have it in the bag.
    Join my game, Be a Footballer, now!

Yesss...roll on West Ham v Blackpool in the play-off final!

^I agree, it would be very awkward. But don't forget that Man Utd still have their encounter with Sunderland away, so it could be very tight.
    Yveltal, the Destruction Pokémon: "When its life comes to an end, it absorbs the life energy of every living thing and turns into a cocoon once more."

Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

As a Liverpool fan i want City to win the league

Meh. I want Blackpool to win as they deserve it more and holloways press conferences are always a barrel of laughs.
    Credit to Pika Pal Lyra

Quote Originally Posted by AquaRegisteel View Post

^I agree, it would be very awkward. But don't forget that Man Utd still have their encounter with Sunderland away, so it could be very tight.
    Gl my club is playing in the dutch play offs for promotions today the semis but let's hope we both have something to celebrate.
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

Oh my Jesus, well played City, deserved the win in the end. What a dramatic end to the season!!!
    Last.fm | Steam ID
    Nostalgia

As much as I hate City, well done. Even after defensive muckups, you still pull through.

In other news, Fulham lost 2-0 to Spurs, but alas, we still finish 9th so I'm happy.
    lolwut my Pokemon Black game now works. so much ,yay,

PBR FC 1849-2587-9259
    Platinum FC 2450-1748-7938
    Black 4384 3870 2213
    http://www.youtube.com/user/dialgapalkiamew1
    Please do check out my Deviant Art account - http://rgbargy.deviantart.com/

I hath claimed Shunsui Kyouraku and Kaname Tousen. Mine, all mine.

I IZ MAD, BRAH

Woah, what a final day for the Premier League. Enough to stop me revising ancient Greek historiography, anyhow.

Personally, the joy for me is seeing Arsenal somehow cling on to third place with victory over West Brom. If Van Perise doesn't stick with Arsenal next year I may have to write some letters to get him excommunicated. And yes, I do mean like this.. Regardless, hurrah for Wenger! He's not perfect, but Arsene is the lynchpin for my support of the Gunners, long may he continue to reign the Emirates Stadium.

As for Manchester City, I'm glad for Mancini, he's had a real run through the mill with his team. It's a shame some of the players are narcissistic douches. I have a friend who will be gutted for Manchester United, and I'm sympathetic to his pain. Cannot be easy to go from near-jubilation to dejection in the space of 5 minutes. But Manchester United have not sparkled this season. They need a new injection of talent to rejuvenate next season.

It took me a while to realise why Cisse was in the middle of the Man City group hug, but then I realised that QPR have also stayed up. Good for them! They put in a good performance today.

Finally, just want to quote Barton's twitter from a few months prior: "Why do people always want to solve any conflict with a fight? As a pacifist, I find it incredible..." Aha. Ahahaha. Get rid of him now plz.

The Premier League made for great watching and listening today. Now the Champions League final to look forward to! I shall be supporting the English team as usual.

Good job City, sad we lost our battle for promotion in the last minute :/

Good gravy, one of these days I'm going to have a heart attack. What the hell kind of end to the season was that? Incredible. Don't even need to comment any more on it.

Default An epic end to an epic season

An epic end to the season and quite rightly City deserved to win that title. As for the whole Arsenal situation, I'm glad we finished 3rd but it doesn't change the fact that major work has to be done in the summer. I've come to accept that we may not easily win the title especially with the riches that the other teams can provide but it doesn't mean we have to accept utter dross in our team and we are still a big enough club that players WILL want to move to Arsenal because it's Arsenal.

We didn't really earn third spot, Tottenham blew it...twice.

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/9289/arsx.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Never try and argue with idiots, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Well done to city. As a Liverpool fan im feeling quite smug to see united lose
    Credit to Pika Pal Lyra

This is pretty random... but it is the soccer thread so it applies!

I once lost a tooth playing soccer. Playing in the gym because if was raining one day. Went after the ball and someone tripped while also trying to trip me and landed on my face. Now my right front tooth is fake. I looked like a hillbilly for two weeks before it was fixed.
    Black FC: 5028 7872 0522 (Travis)

My shiny pokemon:

Also props to Juventus for the unbeaten season. Not many teams can claim to have done that!

Also I watched the Villarreal match, they pulled a Sampdoria and got relegated a year after finishing fourth! Sad times for them.

Only league left to decide I guess is the French league. Boy does it promise to be exciting too. I hope Montpellier do it, I just love rooting for the 'underdog' =)

Quote Originally Posted by The Benmeister View Post
    Also props to Juventus for the unbeaten season. Not many teams can claim to have done that!

Also I watched the Villarreal match, they pulled a Sampdoria and got relegated a year after finishing fourth! Sad times for them.

Only league left to decide I guess is the French league. Boy does it promise to be exciting too. I hope Montpellier do it, I just love rooting for the 'underdog' =)
    Lol it works the other way arround aswell in 2009 montpelier played in the ligue 2 now they are on first place in the france ligue 1 :P.

Don't suppose anyone here fancies partaking in the Sky Sports Euro 2012 Fantasy Football do they? We could make a SPPF league or something. Just an idea.

I wouls do it if its free :3
    Credit to Pika Pal Lyra

Well done, Roberto Mancini, and my utmost congratulations to Manchester City for winning their first Premier League title in 44 years

Felt I needed to do that, that stoppage time comeback against QPR was awesome! And so, Kompany, Toure, Dzeko and Aguero are the City heroes this season

Anyway, so that was a close final league match against Real Betis for us ( Barca ). Busquets scored on the 9th minute only for Castro to score two goals in the space of 4 minutes ( 71st and 75th ) to put Betis 2-1 up. But it was Seydou Keita who was our hero, scoring a fantastic header in stoppage time to draw 2-2 for us We finished 9 points behind Madrid.

However, despite losing the two biggest prizes, La Liga and the UEFA Champions League, I'm not too disappointed as we have won 3 titles so far, as opposed to Madrid's 1. Plus, we still have a Copa del Rey final coming up. TRIVIA: Pep's first final with Barcelona was a Copa del Rey finals against Athletic Bilbao, where we won, and his last one will be in the same competition's final against the same team as in 2009.

ALSO, congratulations to Borussia Dortmund for their 5-2 German Cup final win over Bayern, AND I wish both Chelsea and Bayern good luck in the Champions League finals!

End of rant.

Woah, can't believe Chelsea won the CL! What was Bayern doing? Had they taken even half of their chances, they'd have won 8-0 or something :O

Fuck you Robben! Jeez an ages! That was the most depressing Champions League final EVER!!!! They should've thrown the effin trophy down and fucking break it, shucks.

P.S Barca fan here.

Robben, just doing what comes naturally to him and that's bottling it in finals. I'm actually disappointed Chelsea won that with their anti-football, has a sort of Greece in Euro 2004 feel to it where they just won the whole thing in that manner. Absolutely disappointing end to the Champions League and a boring game as well.
    Never try and argue with idiots, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Quote Originally Posted by ~Nicole~ View Post
    Fuck you Robben! Jeez an ages! That was the most depressing Champions League final EVER!!!! They should've thrown the effin trophy down and fucking break it, shucks.

P.S Barca fan here.
    I don't agree with you a lot, but this time you're getting it right. Chelsea were undeserved winners, to be perfectly honest. If every team played in the UCL like that, nobody would watch it.
    Last.fm | Steam ID
    Nostalgia

The Champions 2011-FC Barcelona, the best football team in the world! We will be brought back to life next season, don't worry, we'll be winning La Liga and the UEFA Champions League again next season! We may have had an off-season this year, but you'll see, we'll be back!

Ce sont les meilleurs équipes
    Es sind die allerbesten Mannschaften
    The main event
    Die Meister
    Die Besten
    Les grandes équipes
    The champions!
    Une grande réunion
    Eine große sportliche Veranstaltung
    The main event
    Ils sont les meilleurs
    Sie sind die Besten
    These are the champions
    Die Meister
    Die Besten
    Les grandes équipes
    The champions!
    Die Meister
    Die Besten
    Les grandes équipes
    The champions!

CE sont les meilleurs équipes
    There are the very best teams
    The main event
    The masters
    The best
    Les grandes équipes
    The champions!
    Une grande Réunion
    A major sporting event
    The main event
    ILS sont les meilleurs
    You are the best
    These are the champions
    The masters
    The best
    Les grandes équipes
    The champions!
    The masters
    The best
    Les grandes équipes
    The champions!

THE CHAMPIONS! FC BARCELONA!

That moment in 2011 was the best moment of my life to date! When we beat United 3-1 to win the CL!

I was watching it with my friends and some United supporters, and when David Villa scored that goal, I was like, '' GOOOOAAAAALLLLLLLLL! YES! THANK YOU GOD! '' and all the United fans were just sitting there like they didn't knew what had hit them Fond memories...

I'm waiting for the final game between Rayados and Santos. Don't know if any of you guys watch the Mexican league.

Page 25 of 266 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575125 ... LastLast