Page 26 of 265 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676126 ... LastLast

Thread: Soccer Thread

Haha, yeah, THE best moment of my life when King Leo and Villa scored those goals. Up to now the trophy celebration is my wallpaper The Champions, BARRRCCCCEEEELOOONNNAAAAA!!!!

Remember, today, May 20th, FC Barcelona is by far the best team in the world, BUT, Barca is, when you look at it, work in progress! Imagine how beast we'll be when we're complete! With the expected signing of Jordi Alba in defense and several other defenders looking likely to join, plus the added fact that David Villa is expected to be back soon, for 2012-13, FC Barcelona shall be back in full force baby!!!!!!

XD You sanctioned my thoughts, Nick!

Apparently, the 2013 CL Final will be at New Wembley...we all know our Barca fans' proud memories of that stadium in 2011

I just realized how fun it is to dance past defenders like they're nothing with Messi in FIFA 12 World Class difficulty XD KING LEEEEOOOOO!!!!

What a nice final, awesome that Chelsea won. I don't even care about people raging about "they played defense, this is ****", obviously those people can't have much knowledge about Chelsea if they expect them to play crazy attacking football, with their worst squad in 10 years. Chelsea had a solid defense, they knew that, and they used it 100%. Next time maybe Chelsea has better offensive choices then Kalou and Malouda, and then they might be able to attack more. Besides, Bayern is the best team in the world when it comes to fast attacking, so if Chelsea had played more offense, that had created more chances for Bayern.

The best thing about the final is that we didn't get to endure Barcelona and their handball-football, 90% passing sideways, surrounding referees and diving whenever the opportunity comes.

Congratz to Chelsea, even though Bayern would have deserved it more to win.
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

I think an interesting viewpoint is that many people consider the team that has more chances = the better team. As I see it, you can look at it from two different views: Were Bayern the better team because they created more chances? OR, were they the worse team for creating so much chances and missing all of them?
    Being effective is important in football, and if you're like Bayern or Barca and create ~20 chances without scoring more, then that's a pretty shitty performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    I think an interesting viewpoint is that many people consider the team that has more chances = the better team. As I see it, you can look at it from two different views: Were Bayern the better team because they created more chances? OR, were they the worse team for creating so much chances and missing all of them?
    Being effective is important in football, and if you're like Bayern or Barca and create ~20 chances without scoring more, then that's a pretty shitty performance.
    This is a good point, but a team that is underperforming but dominating, is still playing better than a team that that isn't performing, but winning. Playing cheap defensive tactics in attempt to hit your opponent on the break every single time, especially when you're a team like Chelsea (who have quality players in their own right) is essentially toying with luck. Playing pure counter-attack against a team that is only moderately stronger than your own is a cheap tactic that relies on a lot of luck.

I guess you could argue that Bayern were playing at home, in a way, but.

Well, Chelsea isn't as strong as they used to be. Kalou and Malouda aren't wingers that scare people anymore, Ribery and Robben are miles better. Chelsea has a very good defense, and the only way they would win this final would be to not let Bayern score too many goals, and to score the few chances they created. I think they managed pretty well.

Besides, Bayern only has themselves to blame. ~20 missed chances, a missed penalty, and then missing two in the shoot-out. They can't blame Chelsea for playing defensively, because in the end, they created more then enough chances to win.

Well, Chelsea isn't as strong as they used to be. Kalou and Malouda aren't wingers that scare people anymore, Ribery and Robben are miles better. Chelsea has a very good defense, and the only way they would win this final would be to not let Bayern score too many goals, and to score the few chances they created. I think they managed pretty well.

Besides, Bayern only has themselves to blame. ~20 missed chances, a missed penalty, and then missing two in the shoot-out. They can't blame Chelsea for playing defensively, because in the end, they created more then enough chances to win.
    Yeah, being the losing team in this situation, you only have yourselves to blame for scoffing so many good chances, especially the penalty. It might be harsh, but Chelsea really knew what they were doing, going into this game.

If a team deserves to win a game, they would have scored more goals than the opposition, plain and simple. That's like, the main rule of the game, or something.

Send me your predictions of the Copa del Rey finals next week!

Barcelona 4-0 Bilbao

The best thing about the final is that we didn't get to endure Barcelona and their handball-football, 90% passing sideways, surrounding referees and diving whenever the opportunity comes.
    I love you

Barcelona.sfw

Spoiler:- :
    Last edited by Fenix; 20th May 2012 at 4:48 PM.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...gue_anthem.ogg

Now that the anthem has been sung, let us progress with the 2013 Champions League finals at Wembley! Barcelona VS Real Madrid!

5-0! WOW! BARCELONA ARE CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE AGAIN!!! YES! LET THE ANTHEM BE SUNG AGAIN:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...gue_anthem.ogg

There's lots of people saying Bayern deserved to win. And they're right. Sort of. Bayern were their own downfall. Robben's missed penalty, 14 corners (I think) and no goals, 7 shots on target, missing wide open opportunities (like when the ball was practically parked in front of Gomez), etc. all screwed them over. Plus it was clearly written in the stars that Chelsea were going to win.
    I'm happy for Chelsea and Drogba. Bend but don't break.

Quote Originally Posted by Lionel Messi View Post
    Haha, yeah, THE best moment of my life when King Leo and Villa scored those goals. Up to now the trophy celebration is my wallpaper The Champions, BARRRCCCCEEEELOOONNNAAAAA!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Nicole~ View Post
    I just realized how fun it is to dance past defenders like they're nothing with Messi in FIFA 12 World Class difficulty XD KING LEEEEOOOOO!!!!
    You guys have to be the same person. At least try and hide it.

Mr.KickAsh, how are me and my sweet girl Nicole the same person? She's my friend and we're both behind our teams loyally, and? Plus every Barca fan knows who 'King Leo' is and we call him that.

Argentina VS Barzil in June! Can't wait!

-_- This accusing Person A of being Person B thing again...and nothiing I see points to you guys being the same person...some people are like that, don't worry.

Anywho, really? I didn't know that there was going to be a heated South American Clasico again! I'm going to watch it, but from home this time XD Been a while since I wore my Argentina jersey with number 10 and Messi on the back

Missed a lot, it seems :L So...since when have I become a guy? Last time I checked, I didn't have a penis -_-

Yeah, but I'm worried about Brazil's drastically improved squad, I mean, players like Ronaldinho and Kaka are pass their prime, but are still dangerous, and then we have Lucas, Neymar, Pato and the like to worry about...

o.O

Yeah, but Argentina have the best attack in the world- Messi, Higuain, Di Maria, Tevez, Aguero...I mean, c'mon!

As you say Tevez, I remember the QPR VS City match where Joey Barton was red carded Though I think Tevez was digging him and harassing Barton, that's why Barton elbowed Tevez. Then he kicked Sergio Aguero, and he tried to butt Vincent Kompany-haha, what the fuck LOL! Richards stopped him

Hahahahahahahaha, mad people yes Carlos Tevez, fuck. Man missed out on club football for City for six months and came back the other day and scored a load of goals to help his side to victory ^_^ Tevez, yes, Tevez.

It's too bad for Argentina that they have a shitty defense. Obviously their attackers are good, but sadly they don't have many high quality players that are defenders, or goalkeepers for that matter.

For once, you're right Zantera.

I'm putting my wallpaper as Messi's third goal celebration in the 3-1 win over Switzerland, which was his first ever hattrick for Argentina. Signs of things to come

I just watched a montage of Tevez goals on my friend's phone ( am somewhere right now, no laptopz for me ) and man, that beast just chucks the ball past goalkeepers like '' Hey, I'm feelin goal thirsty, letmah score a goal '' and he just does it

That Messi hattrick against Switzerland was a wonder for me, I've waited so long for that to happen!

Why don't we create an '' International Football Federation '' club where football fans get together and discuss the Euro and 2014 World Cup and things, and we'd appoint special mods and admins that support different teams, and those admins will distribute special material like banners and pictures of the team they support?

Page 26 of 265 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676126 ... LastLast