Page 27 of 266 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777127 ... LastLast

Thread: Soccer Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ~Nicole~ View Post
    For once, you're right Zantera.
    Zantera has a lot more of an interesting opinion to things than you just spouting "MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI BARCA BARCA BARCA BARCA" every time you post. JUST SAYING.
    Last.fm | Steam ID
    Nostalgia

Why don't we create an '' International Football Federation '' club where football fans get together and discuss the Euro and 2014 World Cup and things, and we'd appoint special mods and admins that support different teams, and those admins will distribute special material like banners and pictures of the team they support?
    International? I'd rather create a Football Club in general, but really, Club football is the talk of the year, and the season's over now, so I don't know. Maybe we can go ahead, but...I don't know.

I just got my Spain jersey with Fabregas on the back of it! Fabregas and Iniesta are two of the best midfielders in the world, and they're very creative! No wonder Wenger is crying like a little girl because Cesc came back to where he belongs! The only thing Fabregas doesn't have is the dribbling like Iniesta! That ball is stuck to Iniesta's feet like I don't know what whenever he gets the ball!!

Thiago is another awesome young talent XD

So, playing the Champions League final with my friend and using the exact same teams and doing the substitutions at exactly the same thing, I just realized the awesomeness of what the Double R is

So, on the 10th minute, fantastic play from Robben breaking through the center, backheeling to Ribery and then aerial through ball to Gomez in the center, who knocked the ball over Chech and high up the center to make it 1-0.

On the 25th minute, on the counter as in real life, Didier Drogba and Ramires combined dangerously, with Ramires feeding Drogba across the goal and Drogba poking into the net, 1-1, as van Buyten should have done irl.

After 50 minutes, Kalou made a defense splitting through ball to Mata who poked the ball to the side of Neuer to make it 2-1.

After 67 minutes, Captain Philipe Lham headed the ball over Chech from a corner to make it 2-2 to the Bavarians.

On the 70th minute Robben dribbled pass three defenders on the right flank and crossed over to Ribery who dribbled pass Chech to make it now 3-2 in favour of the Bavarians.

Bayern were supposed to win, like in this repeat here, they won 3-2.

Bayern 3-2 Chelsea

Gomez Drogba
    Lham Mata
    Ribery

Franck Ribery is an outstanding player is an understatement...Ribery is Batman, and well, Robben XD Right after Ribery got subed Robben had to take that penalty, and like he was missing Batman boy, man miss the penalty yes.

Chelsea quite clearly wanted to play for penalties from the start and that's what annoys me so much about their win. That and Bayern just wasting every opportunity to score...Gomez, Gomez, Gomez...I swear every time I see him he looks like a player that has no idea how to play football and yet he has all these goals somehow.

Bayern lost it rather than Chelsea winning the thing.
    Never try and argue with idiots, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

I just finished watching the championship game between Santos and Rayados and have mixed feelings because while I'm sad that Rayados couldn't pull through, I'm happy that Santos won. They have been to four of the five finals and lost to the Rayados recently in the Concacaf Champions league. Santos played spectacularly on both ends of the field. Baloy was great defensively as well as Sanchez, Ludena and Peralta both scored great goals, and Ludena almost scored from midfield. This was a great game overall, and I'm happy that my two favorite teams in the Mexican league and Conccaf both ended up being champions in the same year, this was a great game. I'm also glad that Oswaldo Sanchez won another championship before he retires, as a goalie myself I Idolized him when he was in his prime. I forgot to mention Aldo de Nigris's goal which led me to believe that Rayados still had a chance.
    Last edited by Zorocario; 21st May 2012 at 5:27 AM.

Bit of a chaotic game at Auxerre, some fans decided to act like complete twonks and disrupt what should have been a fantastic day for Montpellier - but hey, in the end it still was! Great achievement for a club that's only in it's third season back in Ligue 1 and having to fend off the close challenges of PSG and Lille. In a season of memorable triumphs this one surely has to be up there - it may never come around again, and I'm sure the players and fans will relish every moment of it.

So Hazard said that he would reveal what team he would be joining after the game yesterday, but he only said that he hadn't decided yet. Man, I want him in Man United so bad, and it would kill me if he went to City or Chelsea.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    So Hazard said that he would reveal what team he would be joining after the game yesterday, but he only said that he hadn't decided yet. Man, I want him in Man United so bad, and it would kill me if he went to City or Chelsea.
    Hazard said that a key factor to joining one of those clubs is if he gets regular playing time so it seems as Man Utd or Chelsea are his more likely choices since Man City squad is so competitive and few players are guaranteed to start there especially on the flanks where Hazard would play.

Yeah true, but on the contrary City has shitloads of money. It's hard to rule that out as a factor.

Yeah that's always something to remember but apparently there are rumors that Chelsea are lining up a Ł30 million move for Hazard offering him Ł250,000 a week. Hazard will be tempted regardless seeing how they just won the UCL and Abramovich financially could make that happen, no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Lionel Messi View Post
    Argentina VS Barzil in June! Can't wait!
    I don't want to like Brazil, because they're always so good, but they have so many players I love to watch. Neymar, Ramires, David Luiz, Thiago Silva, and Hulk.
    Some of the most exciting players in football. They'll have no trouble with Argentina.

The heroics of the fascinating Lionel Messi, the creativity of our Cesc, Andres and Xavi, and the heart and souls of the FCBarcelona fans and the players themselves to give Pep the sending off he deserves, will win us the Copa del Rey trophy!
    Last edited by ~Nicole~; 22nd May 2012 at 4:16 AM.

So are we gonna discuss Euro 2012 in here or will someone make a separate thread for that?

I think it's an appropriate place to discuss Euro 2012.
    I feel bad for Denmark. They have no chance of getting past the group stage. But the two teams who will advance from Group B is a total toss-up. Should be interesting.
    Let's go Ireland! But they got a bitch of a group, too, with Spain, Italy, and Croatia.

DIDIER DROGBA TO LEAVE CHELSEA THIS SUMMER.

Yeah, just thought I'd bring it up. So, Torres, anybody? XD

You shouldn't doubt Torres' class. He may not be on top form but just wait until he shifts into top gear. Chelsea paid Ł50 million for a reason

I don't think Torres will reach his highest points again, but on the contrary I think he was much better this season then some people gave him credit for.

I don't think Torres will reach his highest points again, but on the contrary I think he was much better this season then some people gave him credit for.
    I wouldn't count Torres out just yet, now Drogba is leaving that surely means that Torres should be starting games for Chelsea game in, game out and if that's the case I think we'll see the Torres of old, terrorizing opposing defenders just like at Liverpool. I think he just needs a good run of playing regular games till we see him show signs why Chelsea paid so much fir him. He surely must come good sooner or later because the ability is still there, without a doubt. Oh and as for Drogba, as an Arsenal fan I'm glad to see he won't be playing against as anymore but what a player and a legend he is at Chelsea. Salute!

Can't wait till Euro 2012! We got a very hard group though. With Germany, Portugal and Denmark including the country I live in and support the entire group is the top 10 of the fifa world ranking.

After watching the friendly match between Bayern and the Netherlands I was disgusted by how some bayern supporters threathed Robben, almost as if they believe Robben missed that penalty on purpose, and they forget that their beloved schweinie utterly failed the last penalty...
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

We may also see more of Lukaku, which I think is promising. Torres showed some promise, and maybe he'll find his groove next season. I think he stagnated because he doesn't get played enough, and he probably felt the pressure of the Ł50 million.
    But there's the chance Chelsea will get Eden Hazard, and in that case they mine as well just cut their losses and sell Torres.

Quote Originally Posted by KickAsh View Post
    But there's the chance Chelsea will get Eden Hazard, and in that case they mine as well just cut their losses and sell Torres.
    Sell Torres? Based on form and goals so far? Then possibly, but give him some more time and see if becoming a regular striker will be rewarded with regular goals. And obviously if he is sold then Chelsea won't get anywhere near the Ł50 million they splashed out on him.

Well, Spain is going to be missing Villa, which means we may use Torres, Soldado, Pedro, Adrian, Negredo...we have a lot of strikers, but I really wanted Villa! Damn, I hope we can win this!

NOTICE: I DO NOT WANT PORTUGAL TO WIN, RONALDO AND PEPE WINNING ANYTHING WILL JUST...ARRRGG!

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Raider View Post
    Sell Torres? Based on form and goals so far? Then possibly, but give him some more time and see if becoming a regular striker will be rewarded with regular goals. And obviously if he is sold then Chelsea won't get anywhere near the Ł50 million they splashed out on him.
    Well, because Torres pretty much said he was done with Chelsea if he doesn't start playing more matches and starting, if Chelsea signs Eden Hazard then that will pretty much be the end of the line for Torres, who 1) won't want to play there and 2) probably won't be needed.
    In theory, anyway. Chelsea probably won't land Hazard because of the two Manchester teams throwing loads of money around, Hazard could be a flop, Torres could start performing like he used to, etc. Who knows.
    And I do believe that Torres will improve, and yeah, there's no way Chelsea will get even 50% back if they tried to sell Torres this summer.

NOTICE: I DO NOT WANT PORTUGAL TO WIN, RONALDO AND PEPE WINNING ANYTHING WILL JUST...ARRRGG!
    It's all about Ireland.

Page 27 of 266 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777127 ... LastLast