Page 29 of 266 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979129 ... LastLast

Thread: Soccer Thread

I love soccer, yet I do not know much about any of the teams xD!
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your sig if you are too!

If you think the PMD games are the best spin-offs ever, then put this in your sig. Started by Resident evil

98% of teens won't stand up for God.
    Be one of the 2% that will, put this in your signature.

If you believe Magikarp is the true creator of Arceus copy and paste this into your sig(started by lover4latias). >>>>>>

don't click this link...do it do it!

If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says, ‘If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father in the gates of Heaven.

Quote Originally Posted by masukippa View Post
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18211213

Would be a sensational signing. Vertonghen and Kaboul at the back would be imperious.
    Wish I could be as excited with what Newcastle is doing.
    We signed Romain Amalfitano, a midfielder from recently promoted Ligue 1 team Reims, on a free transfer. Seems pretty promising. Here is his highlight reel, which includes a crazy goal starting at around 1:21. He's free, so I can't really complain, hopefully he'll blossom and become yet another star Pardew gets for cheap.
    Elsewhere in Newcastle poaching French player news, rumors indicate we're looking at Montpellier defender Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa and Lille full-back Mathieu Debuchy. Yanga-Mbiwa indicated he was eager to move to Newcastle, and Debuchy is great friends with Yohan Cabaye, so this looks like a good opportunity to bolster our defense, which is very much in need of bolstering.
    And hopefully we'll get a good price for Fraser Forster, who is all but set to leave for Celtic.
    That's all good, but the bad part is we have a very real chance of losing Demba Ba. I hope we hold onto him because he was such a steal and he's a great player.

Sorry about this wall of text.
    Last edited by KickAsh; 26th May 2012 at 2:27 AM.

Newcastle need to sort that Ł7m release clause in Ba's contract or he may get snapped up by someone. Also like this French "revolution" In the squad, reminds me of Arsenal's Invincibles.

Oh my, what a big party in my house yesterday! So, Pep's OFFICIALLY not the coach anymore, huh?

You know, I just realized something from a question a friend of mine asked- Why does everyone like Barca and not Madrid?

Well, she asked me that because the Bilbao fans were clapping for us after the match and they stayed back instead of just walking out the stadium, my answer:

'' Well, for starters, Cristiano Ronaldo could score some crappy goal and he'll just run to the sidelines and celebrate for himself, while Messi could score the best goal in the world and he'll celebrate with whoever passed the ball to him, we also know how to lose, after losing to Chelsea, the Barca fans stayed back and were singing the Barca anthem, and we have respect for our opponents and such, when we won the trophy, Puyol and those men put a Catalonia flag next to the trophy, but they also put a BASQUE flag next to it, and we also took Abidal's jersey and put it on the trophy too. That's why Madrid will NOT defend the title next season, they going to get wood in their tail! ''

I mean, you asked a question, you get your answers!

First of all, Barcelona handles defeat "well"? When have Barcelona ever lost to a team, and Xavi haven't told everyone that it was a "loss for football" or any similar crap? There are two major shitfests that comes to mind, Barcelona going out against Chelsea, and going out against Inter a few years ago. The same "it was a loss for football", "we were the better team" (though they clearly weren't), and similar excuses. Nothing close to "Congrats Inter/Chelsea, you deserved it" just poor excuses.
    Honestly the only reason Barcelona's newer fans cheer for them is success, Messi and their handball-way of playing football, which some people seem to like. (don't ask me why)
    There's nothing to be proud of when it comes to Barca, the way most of the player dives, surrounds the referee after each tackle, and the way they act in media. Every time Barcelona wins a game, they do it because "they're the best", but they've never given the other team credit if they loose a game. Just the same old "we were better, bad luck..".

I don't understand how people can defend some of Barcelona's players, even if you're good that doesn't give you the rights to act like a nutjob, and every time Busquets plays a game, I just pray to God that someone will tackle him so hard that he breaks his leg. He tends to cry and roll around like a baby for nothing normally, so I can't help but wonder how he would react if he suffered a real tackle.

I'm a Man United-fan myself, but if someone told me that Nani or Young dives easily, would I defend them? No. They do fall easily, and I hate it. They're good players, and they should know better. When Messi or Xavi dives and someone points it out, they get 400 angry Barcelona-supporters after them. Doesn't seem to me like any Barcelona-fan can look at their team and be objective about it. Just "Messi <3" here and "Xavi <3" there.
    Last edited by Zantera; 26th May 2012 at 7:11 PM.

Everything is '' attack Barca, attack Barca '' for you guys, but you know what? What does Mourinho say when Madrid lose? '' The referee favoured the other team, '' or some other shit? Shucks.
    Last edited by ~Nicole~; 26th May 2012 at 11:50 PM.

Ha, exactly! That's why all the fans of Spanish football ( beside Madrid fans ) like Barca and have respect for us! Quoting Rosell, I don't care what people say about Barca, it's false accusations and they hold no meaning, they aren't true. Barcelona is the best team in the world, through and through.

*Is crying*

Pep's goooonnnnneeeeee!!! Nooo!!! May 20th 2012 will be a day I'll remember forever!

I attended the Copa Celebration at Camp Nou today, and I had to use public transport Back home now!

My gosh...God forbid anyone saying anything bad about Barcelona. They are perfect and untouchable. =/
    Never try and argue with idiots, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

The Barca love-in here is disgusting. How many of you are actually Spanish?

Quote Originally Posted by Lionel Messi View Post
    Ha, exactly! That's why all the fans of Spanish football ( beside Madrid fans ) like Barca and have respect for us! Quoting Rosell, I don't care what people say about Barca, it's false accusations and they hold no meaning, they aren't true. Barcelona is the best team in the world, through and through.
    Not true at all?
    I'd rather root for Madrid than Barcelona.

Quote Originally Posted by masukippa View Post
    The Barca love-in here is disgusting. How many of you are actually Spanish?
    Probably none of them.

Rosell can say whatever he wants to, Barcelona didn't win the league and they didn't even make it to the finals in CL, and that's all that matters.

Also, some of the posts here only makes my point stronger regarding Barcelona-fans not being able to see things objectively.

Let's be honest, this season Real won the league and were victorious at Camp Nou because they were the better, more well-managed team.

Celebi_ is a Catalan, btw.

And so I am.

You know what I've always wondered ever since I saw Manuel Neuer goalkeep in the 2-2 draw between Schalke and Bayern back in 2006 ( when he played for Schalke )? Why don't Barcelona sign him! Oh well, I guess we just don't want to get rid of Valdes

The answer, you said: Valdes is a good keeper.

Neuer is D man, though, that man is a giant, ha.

I also remember his one man show in Schalke's encounter with Porto in the Champions League! Damn!

I got sold but I'm not a soldier! I got sold but I'm not a soldier! BARCA! BARCA! ...BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRCCCCCCCCCCC AAAAAAAAA!!!!

You know guys, there's a world that exists outside of Barcelona, maybe you should try looking at it. Sick of coming to this thread, where's the civility?

We are just too good for the rest of the world boy, we're to sexy for them. That's why those haters don't like us. I mean, no Liverpool, no Man Utd, no Man City, NO REAL MADRID, won 14 titles in 4 years Madrid only won 2 in 4 years, heck.

Quote Originally Posted by Lionel Messi View Post
    We are just too good for the rest of the world boy, we're to sexy for them. That's why those haters don't like us. I mean, no Liverpool, no Man Utd, no Man City, NO REAL MADRID, won 14 titles in 4 years Madrid only won 2 in 4 years, heck.
    Eeexactly! I never even thought of that before! Some teams haven't even won a single title in the last 4 years! We're really to sexy for the rest of the world!

You know who's impressed me this season? Shinji Kagawa!

In surprising international friendly news: Switzerland upsets Germany 5-3, and Bulgaria beats Netherlands 2-1. Both very surprising, maybe the Swiss aren't doomed in Euro 2012 after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Raider View Post
    Newcastle need to sort that Ł7m release clause in Ba's contract or he may get snapped up by someone. Also like this French "revolution" In the squad, reminds me of Arsenal's Invincibles.
    Exactly, I really hope we keep a hold on Ba. Rumors abound that he's unhappy, and he's been strongly linked to Chelsea and PSG, but just yesterday he insisted contract negotiations with Newcastle were still going, so maybe there's still some hope.
    I love the French invasion, it's been wonderful, Cabaye and Ben Arfa are great players, and Amalfitano has the potential to be another such steal.
    Hopefully they all stay though, unlike the Invincibles.
    Here's what I'm really interested in, though: signing Juventus winger Eljero Elia. It would let Ba move back into the middle.
    Last edited by KickAsh; 27th May 2012 at 4:34 AM.

Very true. You know what I''ve realized? All fans that are native of Spain love Barca, not just Barca fans, and the general consensus is that Madrid fans are the ones that hate us, right? I've realized that some Madrid fans actually are full of praise for us and acknowledged us as the best team in the world, but because of the rivalry, they can't be open about that in public. So, 97% of Spain loves us, beside Barca fans, we're really to sexy for the rest of the world XD We're well-loved here in Spain.

On another note, what do ya'll think about Kagawa going to United? Do you think he deserves it?

Kagawa has appeared 31 times for Borussia Dortmund this term and has scored 13 goals and made 11 assists, I think the question is more- Does United deserve Kagawa?

Hah, but yeah, I think Kagawa does deserve a United move, he has played well this season.

. So, 97% of Spain loves us, beside Barca fans, we're really to sexy for the rest of the world XD We're well-loved here in Spain.
    Actually, Barcelona have been estimated to have support from 25% of the Spanish population whereas Real Madrid have been estimated to have 32%

Page 29 of 266 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979129 ... LastLast